It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I do declare there is one faith destined to unite Athiest and Theists

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
It's known as absurdism, and it would imply that because humans do depend on various small pieces of evidence to support our argument, that the argument will be eternally larger, and the answers we seek in ontological righteousness are to be coagulated like blood, not confronted in conflict.

You might not think that today, Atheism has a real chance at overcoming the overwhelming tide of ignorant theism.

You kick about the idea of Atheism being the only reason apostasy brings people to Theism.

We might never know, but support the struggle, eternally, humanities collective effort betrays even its "objective" search for evidence. Science today has been guided by religious demand for longer life, more godlike events.

Eventually it comes to light neither Atheistic objectiveness in search of the truth can succeed without that individualistic hope for a greater community of effort to saving them against the valley of darkness that besets us; vica versa simply a strawman at the end of an extremist spectrum.

Communication closer to the speed of thought, imagine it to be faster than light! As we have surpassed the speed of sound, but can not overcome the speed of light, we find if we drop the decimal in our equation and replace it elsewhere humans can indeed receive messages faster than light, if only because we take implications at face value!

I do not claim to be the most knowledgeable person here, I insist that God gives up the idea of the divine right to rule as quickly as humanity does; as kingdoms fall for a global purpose humanity finds only God is capable of leading in an anarchic state!

I'd imply I'm correct, but to deny ignorance, I'd like some discussion! Earn either a friend tag or a rival tag!

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I honestly have no clue what your are talking about.

However - - using Atheist and Faith in the same sentence - - - is kind of a strike against you - - - before you even begin.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

So, I could not combine Atheists and Theists under the same umbrella of humans? What prejudice is this?

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Sachyriel

Dear Sachyriel,

Interesting post. I want to just kick out some thoughts.

It's known as absurdism, and it would imply that because humans do depend on various small pieces of evidence to support our argument, that the argument will be eternally larger, and the answers we seek in ontological righteousness are to be coagulated like blood, not confronted in conflict.

I like the idea of absurdism as a rule. As we gain knowledge through science, do we in fact get closer to a "truth", I don't think so, I think the nature of the disagreements changes as we find new questions. Because we are human and not all knowing, we always have new questions. Still some questions seem to be eternal, such as what is the nature of reality and consciousness, is there an afterlife or what is the meaning of life. Many of the most basic questions are individual and must be looked at from our personal perspective. Peace.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
atheism is just as much as belief as any other religion. just as ignorant in the humble man's eye..thats what everyone with belief and disbelief don't have. the humility to be honest and admit you don't know. Thumbs up to the agnostic

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggmoneyme
atheism is just as much as belief as any other religion. just as ignorant in the humble man's eye..thats what everyone with belief and disbelief don't have. the humility to be honest and admit you don't know. Thumbs up to the agnostic

NO - it is NOT

Lack of Belief in a deity/god - - means exactly that. You can not demand "lack of belief" be a belief - - just because you want it to.

Atheist is an adjective. It means "lack of belief". That is all it means.

However - - as individuals - - each Atheist can determine their own philosophy.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sachyriel
reply to post by Annee

So, I could not combine Atheists and Theists under the same umbrella of humans? What prejudice is this?

NO

Atheist's do not have faith.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Hmmmm
You place to much emphasis on humanity being clever and knowledgeable.
Communism is an atheist system in decline to religion in China, due to the fact that the people are oppressed and have no choice but to believe in God helping them. Christianity in China is flourishing.
The opposite exists in the US. The US and other Western cultures have become wealthy and self absorbed they dont want a Christian God who demands compassion. The Western cultures success is due mostly to its Christian foundations.
In the West Christianity is diminishing due to wealth and greed.
Your idea seems very local, not global.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

reply to post by Annee

NO

Of course they have faith, thats an absurd statement.
Do you believe the Sun will rise in the morning, do you believe in the Big Bang, do you believe in absolutely nothing.
What an IGNORANT statement.

Her prejudice is to deny her humanity

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by borntowatch

reply to post by Annee

NO

Do you believe the Sun will rise in the morning, do you believe in the Big Bang, do you believe in absolutely nothing.

Are you Atheist?

The sun rises because of scientific reasons. There is NO belief why the sun rises.

Atheist and Faith are not synonymous - - - PERIOD!

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
What are the scientific proofs that God doesn't exist?
Atheists have just as much faith as your neighborhood Baptist and a lot more faith than your run of the mill Catholic.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by pierregustavetoutant
What are the scientific proofs that God doesn't exist?
Atheists have just as much faith as your neighborhood Baptist and a lot more faith than your run of the mill Catholic.

Science can be tested.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Neither of you are right per se. It's true that atheist do not have faith in the ontological sense; but you do have faith in different aspects. E.g faith in a friends' ability to help you when you're in need. One of the definitions of faith is 'belief in anything'.

Atheist do have beliefs. And atheist do have faith in people. What you do not have is the faith that pertains to a system of religion or faith in any deity.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raelsatu
reply to post by Annee

Neither of you are right per se. It's true that atheist do not have faith in the ontological sense; but you do have faith in different aspects. E.g faith in a friends' ability to help you when you're in need. One of the definitions of faith is 'belief in anything'.

Atheist do have beliefs. And atheist do have faith in people. What you do not have is the faith that pertains to a system of religion or faith in any deity.

Thank you for your belief interpretation

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Thank you for your belief interpretation

You don't seem to be very rational..and you don't seem to respect the idea of words having definitions. Just like in the abortion debate where you ignored the definition of a parasite and tried to squeeze in your own interpretation to justify your stance. You like to use words when they're to your own advantage, but when it's the other way around you sarcastically dismiss them. Yes, very rational...

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Sachyriel

Your writing style is above what has been here before. Here are my thoughts:

The woman is always right. It takes two to make three. LINK

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by borntowatch

reply to post by Annee

NO

Are you Atheist?

The sun rises because of scientific reasons. There is NO belief why the sun rises.

Atheist and Faith are not synonymous - - - PERIOD!

Must be a full moon.
The seed of a plant you place in the ground has nothing within itself that can justify or explain life. Nothing quantifiable or testable, yet with faith outside of science you will plant it.
Your faith is RELIGIOUS, its Religion.

Atheist are RELIGIOUS - - - PERIOD!

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raelsatu
reply to post by Annee

WRONG, its far deeper than you understand.
Its like a child being conceived. The unexplainable happening in the natural world.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Defining the word "Atheist" as "lack of belief" is incorrect. Atheist just reject deities (i.e. God).

To believe in nothing would be Nihilistic.

An Atheist can not say that science trumps over religion because "science can be tested and/or proven". Religion is based on faith and so is Science. Nothing can be proven in Science as an "absolute truth". Things can be factual and supported but never are they absolute.

The only thing that provides absolution is mathematics and logic where you can result in binary.
0 = False, 1 = True.
These are absolute values.

Science gets "proven wrong" all the time. And coincidentally, most things are merely theories.

Just as you have the theory of God, so you have the theory of electricity.

I'm not advocating neither God nor Science, so don't think I have some bias towards this debate. I am simply trying to remove semantic confusion between the definitions of Atheism and Nihilism.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ErroneousDylan
Defining the word "Atheist" as "lack of belief" is incorrect. Atheist just reject deities (i.e. God).

To believe in nothing would be Nihilistic.

An Atheist can not say that science trumps over religion because "science can be tested and/or proven". Religion is based on faith and so is Science. Nothing can be proven in Science as an "absolute truth". Things can be factual and supported but never are they absolute.

The only thing that provides absolution is mathematics and logic where you can result in binary.
0 = False, 1 = True.
These are absolute values.

Science gets "proven wrong" all the time. And coincidentally, most things are merely theories.

Just as you have the theory of God, so you have the theory of electricity.

I'm not advocating neither God nor Science, so don't think I have some bias towards this debate. I am simply trying to remove semantic confusion between the definitions of Atheism and Nihilism.

True but irrelevant in context.
The absurdity is an atheist denying faith.
Not a god or gods. Just denying faith all together, its silly, and its wrong.

Just goes to show atheists dont know what they believe.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join