It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Raised spirits on demolition site in Cumbria

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Hullo paranormal folks, this isn't my area of expertise, but I thought I would make a thread for you as it seems no-one else has seen this.

This is news from my local area that I thought would interest you.

A team of demolition workers has discovered a ghostly image while knocking down a former boarding house. They were destroying an old property in Kendal, when they noticed something strange lurking in one of the windows. Demolition worker, Robert Johnson said: "We take photographs of buildings before we demolish them, this was just a routine picture." Son of the former landlady, David Grimshaw, believes the image is that of his late mother.

Spooky indeed. Lots of allegedly haunted places up here in Cumbria, there has been a few times I have seen things which, being the old sceptic and all, I have put down to tricks of the mind. I am open to the subject though.

Enjoy the vid on the BBC website, and my apologies if I don't participate much in this thread, but again, it's not my thing, just wanted to make sure you guys seen it.

SOURCE

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I looked at the photo under some filters and as far as I can tell, someone is there. It looks like the face part isn't fully formed though. The dark spot around the chin area looked as if it were on the wall on the inside of the house, meaning the apparition is partially transparent, and the face looked like it was segmented horizontally.

It could be someone on the inside and what we're seeing is that persons reflection in dirty glass.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Bleeeeep

Would you be able to post the photograph as the video won't play for me.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by transubstantiation

Here you go, I just took a screenshot of the video, the poster above may have a better pic.

It was zoomed in on and the white border added by the BBC

EDIT: If that was the spirit of the guys mother, you could almost imagine her looking out in sadness at the bulldozers about to level her home.
edit on 28/1/12 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

ow do mukka.
interesting stuff. i've project managed work on old buildings listed and non listed around cumbria. one in particular was a large farm cottage south of whitbeck. the lads got the creeps in most of the rooms and always worked in pairs! on occasion i would be required to stay till very late as well as overnighters with a bivi bag. static and ice cold areas always perk the interest. another in broughton built approx 1748 had the lads scrambling for the doors after unusual sledgehammer booms seem to come from nowhere. i would sit and meditate in the areas of interest when everyone left. there was no bad vibe so to speak, i just got the feeling whatever was there was disturbed by the ongoing works and their presence somehow manifested. any attempts at having a crack about it and the reaction is usually a walk to the dartboard! ha!
f

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by transubstantiation

I have the Firefox extension NoScript so when I went to the OPs link I only saw an imagine until I allowed _javascript to load the video.

Anyways, this is the best version of the imagine I could find.

More pictures here: Link

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Very nice find, thank you for the post OP!!

I showed the linked image (the BBC video would not open here at work) to one of my coworkers and it gave her chills as she remembers seeing and apparition in her barn window as a girl, said it looked very similar to the image.

new topics

top topics

join