It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Isn't today (Thursday January 26th) the day that Obama is due in court in Georgia?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure that today is the day that Obama is due in court in Georgia for a hearing to see if he's eligiable to be POTUS but I haven't heard any news on ATS or other sites on if he's actually going to be going? Anyone have any information or comments?
I do recall an article saying that since he's POTUS that he thinks he's somehow above the law and thus, shouldn't go to court.
What a piece of work that guy is, huh?

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Didn't he sign a bill that had a law stating that all the laws apply to everyone but him? I'm fairly sure he did.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
You cannot legally require the president to show up in court. He is above the law in this aspect. Think about this scenario. We are at war, decisions need to be made. The commander in chief can't be bothered by court cases. I know we have come a long way since the constitution but the commander in chief can't be bothered by trivial things when he has decisions to make.

I know everyone wants to know if he's a citizen or not but you can't put a country in a gridlock over something so stupid, he's the president, like it or not. Let him do his job.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Yea I seen a post about it and wondered the same thing. I want to see what happens when he finally has to step off his throne after his four short years of playing dress up. But do you know if he personally received the subpoena or just his secretaries because that could be a loophole.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   
He is supposed to be coming through Denver today.

www.thedenverchannel.com...

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by disaster48
He is supposed to be coming through Denver today.

www.thedenverchannel.com...

Probably making sure everything is going according plan under the aiport

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by litterbaux

I strongly disagree with u. Do you know why? And it is one very big thing that many people overlook. We are in america. He if he has citizenship then he is 100% equal to every man woman or child in america. Which means he has the full responsibilities as a citizen. Therefore must appear to a subpoena under the request of a judge.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Everything he's in Denver you know what the purpose of his visit is. He's campaigning and probably checking how his FEMA camps are coming along. I know the government is already looking for contractors.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by SonoraUndergroundLabs

It doesn't matter if you "strongly disagree" with me. It's a fact.

Nixon files

"valid and formal claim of executive privilege" and that, therefore, the District Court "lack[ed] jurisdiction to enter an enforceable order compelling compliance with the subpoena

Anything else?

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Well it looks like another criminal escapes. It sickens me.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by CapSolo

Obama is the least of your worries friend. I think he honestly tried, he didn't trick everyone with "change" he believed it. Once he got in office the lords started giving instructions. I find it funny how when he was campaigning, his speeches were good, seemed right off the cuff. After a year he could barely read a teleprompter.

President is a figurehead. Learn it, know it and most importantly base opinions off it.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital
Didn't he sign a bill that had a law stating that all the laws apply to everyone but him? I'm fairly sure he did.

...really..? Perks of the job then, eh..? Does that only last as long as he is President then, or is it for the remainder of his life?

Thats one hell of a bill he's signed. How can anyone let that one pass..?

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Yes I do. Im an american. This country was made so every person is equal in every right. If it wasn't he would still be picking cotton down in the very state he should be appearing in. No one should have any privileges because another person or a book says so. Im not looking at penal laws im looking at more of the respect to fellow your fellow man. The reason our country is this way is because people like you pass laws of idiocy that create this problem in the first place. Congratulations you enslaved us all. And that's what I've had to add.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by SonoraUndergroundLabs

still be picking cotton

I'm done with this conversation and/or thread. Have a nice day.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Sorry that I told the truth what else did slaves do before they were equal? Im not being racist im saying slaves picked cotton. Anything to add ha.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
I agree with Sonora. He's a "citizen?" and he should be treated as such. While I also agree they he is a puppet he is responsible for what he does and his elite puppet masters have to give him SOME slack to do what he wants. He's not all good. Far from it. I don't know about you all but I don't like being lied to. I was too young to vote when he was elected but I was a teenager paying attention to the speeches and such and I tell you he had me full with hope. Now that I'm awake I see him for who he really is.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by CapSolo

I agree with Sonora. He's a "citizen?" and he should be treated as such.

Tell that to Thomas Jefferson. Under the law, Obama doesn't have to appear in court for such trivial matters. He is not the first president to use this privilege, nor the last.

Your interpretation of what Obama can and cannot do has no sway on what he can and cannot do.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by CapSolo

Thank u solo. Not one single person that call themself an American should EVER believe in executive privilege. Nor quote it nor ever try to say it is a law. This would mean that you are supporting monarchy not democracy.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

Neither does your post sway what I can or cannot say or believe in. Commie

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by SonoraUndergroundLabs

ex·ec·u·tive priv·i·lege
The privilege, claimed by the president for the executive branch of the US government, of withholding information in the public interest.

executive privilege
n.
The principle that members of the executive branch of government cannot legally be forced to disclose their confidential communications when such disclosure would adversely affect the operations or procedures of the executive branch.
www.thefreedictionary.com...

NO where does it state that he cannot be sent a subpoena to appear in court and testify on his fathers place of birth and citizenship, unless, of course, all these people were right, and he isn't Naturally Borne? Now that would be special.

That could be the only thing I could think of that could "affect the operations or procedures of the executive branch."

And that wouldn't be so much in the public interest, but more in his personal interest, except for the fact that riots would ensue were the truth to come out.

He has a campaign to run.

<<   2 >>

join