It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA Robot Agents - The Spy Fish, Robo Dragonfly

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
In the not to distant future you will actually be able to be a fly on the wall.just send in your robotic drone

CIA's Office of Advanced Technologies and Programs developed the Unmanned Underwater Vehicle (UUV) fish to study aquatic robot technology. The UUV fish contains a pressure hull, ballast system, and communications system in the body and a propulsion system in the tail. It is controlled by a wireless line-of-sight radio handset.

Eventually nothing you say or do will escape the attention of the govt spooks

Developed by CIA's Office of Research and Development in the 1970s, this micro Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) was the first flight of an insect-sized aerial vehicle (Insectothopter).

If this was the latest and greatest in the seventies it begs the quedtion what is watching you now

io9.com...

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilder

My thoughts are that robotics are limited currently by technology. The latest and greatest robots from MIT, etc. aren't really that 'advanced'. Sure, they are really cool but they can't go for long distances without their batteries, and even so, they are tied to wifi range (the greater the range, the bigger the battery for the transmitter, the bigger the battery, the more weight must be carried, so the bigger the battery for the motor, etc..)

It's true that the hummingbird robot that was developed recently could be a 'hummingbird on the wall', but the range makes me think that it would be easier to just use a long-range microphone or something.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
New battery terchnology is available to the military, if not to us.
There are batteries capable of 100mph for an hour or two.......(for cars)
The battery technology we have is way old.
The nanno type bots will be along shortly, and they really will be cricket sized.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
New battery terchnology is available to the military, if not to us.
There are batteries capable of 100mph for an hour or two.......(for cars)
The battery technology we have is way old.
The nanno type bots will be along shortly, and they really will be cricket sized.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by sea4ever
reply to post by Bilder

My thoughts are that robotics are limited currently by technology.

Yes but what about technology thats still deeply top secret who knows how advanced some of the black op projects out there are

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Think of that. The bugs in our air may be drones.

What a scary thought. Large plane like drones are bad enough, now their the size of dragon flys. Hell, from 25 feet away you wont even see it. What a load.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

I agree once nano technology comes in we are are going to be in trouble they will probaly end up inside of us taking control

edit on 25-1-2012 by Bilder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilder

Calm yourself, you won't feel a thing

Seriously though, the idea of this IS scary, but it also seems very far off in the future to me, if at all. Not everything is nefarious by design ... If the government is that interested in when I have my bowel movements, go ahead and send a butterfly my way, I don't mind...

Seeker

new topics

top topics

join