It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Metallic Sky Sound... Only This One Happened In 1893!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
In an article called “Overhead Sounds in the Vicinity of Yellowstone Lake” from Science Magazine, 1893, by Edwin Linton wittnesses described hearing

a reverberating sound, characterized by a slight metallic resonace.
and the article goes on to describe it further...

what one of the party called a kind of twisting yow-yow vibration.

Well, I don't know about you but that sounds just like the sky sounds that have been posted here on ATS lately.
Once you click on the link you have to scroll down the page to get to the article on the sounds.
www.sciencemag.org...

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by MissSmartypants

Yellowstone is located by a volcano

Volcanos make small earthquakes

Small earthquakes make strange sounds sometimes

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
All we can deduce from this is that it is not rapture, nor aliens, nor haarp.

If it's the same sound then, well.. as inexplicable as it is, it is nothing to worry about.

Damn
I want Armageddon already... and 5 days of 40c heat where I live, is not what I mean!! *shakes fist at the sky*

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by THEDUDE86

Yellowstone is located by a volcano

Volcanos make small earthquakes

Small earthquakes make strange sounds sometimes

If earthquakes do make sounds, it would be from the movement of the earth....which makes me wonder if all of these similar sounds that are now being heard all over the earth might be caused by movements within the earth's crust.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Yes....and fracking may produce ground movement.
I think it is a plausable hypothesis to think that tracking could be a reason for these sounds

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by mainidh

If it's the same sound then, well.. as inexplicable as it is, it is nothing to worry about.

Damn
I want Armageddon already... and 5 days of 40c heat where I live, is not what I mean!! *shakes fist at the sky*

Nothing to worry about? The sounds in 1893 occurred over Yellowstone Park....an area with a lot of movement within the earth, which may have been the cause of the 1893 sound. Perhaps some sort of shift in our crust is occurring.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by THEDUDE86

Yes....and fracking may produce ground movement.
I think it is a plausable hypothesis to think that tracking could be a reason for these sounds

Hmmm....interesting hypothesis. I hadn't heard that one before. And it is one of the more plausible explanations I've read.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
double post
oops
edit on 1/24/2012 by MissSmartypants because: double post

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Good find OP! The description of the sounds sounds like a better description of the recent noises than anyone has been able to articulate yet - S&F for you!

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Bam.. .Solved, well sorta.
en.wikipedia.org...

The Tesla tower was being tested at the same time as this noise heard. It started in 1891 with tests and the building a larger model called the Wardenclyffe Tower.

It would have given everyone electricity and would have been perfected as time went on, but someone destroyed his work my guess the electrical industry leaders at the time. Who was he to give free electricity to the people when they are comfortable paying for it.. Right?

Life would have been so much better if he was allowed to continue his work. Corporate greed even in the 1800's.

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 24-1-2012 by JohnnyFever because: more information provided

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by chericher
Good find OP! The description of the sounds sounds like a better description of the recent noises than anyone has been able to articulate yet - S&F for you!

Yes, and if you listen to the video of the Ukraine noise, it sounds just like the 1893 description.

a reverberating sound, characterized by a slight metallic resonace

what one of the party called a kind of twisting yow-yow vibration

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyFever
Bam.. .Solved, well sorta.
en.wikipedia.org...

The Tesla tower was being tested at the same time as this noise heard. It started in 1891 with tests and the building a larger model called the Wardenclyffe Tower.

It would have given everyone electricity and would have been perfected as time went on, but someone destroyed his work my guess the electrical industry leaders at the time. Who was he to give free electricity to the people when they are comfortable paying for it.. Right?

Life would have been so much better if he was allowed to continue his work. Corporate greed even in the 1800's.

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 24-1-2012 by JohnnyFever because: more information provided

I did briefly scan through the first article and I am somewhat familiar with Tesla but I fail to see how this solves the mystery of the sky sounds. Please feel free to elaborate. Nowadays I would think it's more likely to be HAARP.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by MissSmartypants

Damn

Nothing to worry about? The sounds in 1893 occurred over Yellowstone Park....an area with a lot of movement within the earth, which may have been the cause of the 1893 sound. Perhaps some sort of shift in our crust is occurring.

Nothing happened then, why now?

Not sure of your thinking, but.. if its hundreds of years old, its not doing anything.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Damn

Nothing happened then, why now?

Not sure of your thinking, but.. if its hundreds of years old, its not doing anything.

Of course hundreds of years is a brief instant geologically speaking. But I admire your ability to see into the future.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Excellent find. It makes sense to me...I heard all these sounds around the time we got two noteworthy rare quakes for my region and haven't heard, or noticed, them since. I'm hoping whatever stress we had building up has been released, though I do think some people in Virginia and DC recently reported hearing the sounds. I don't really know, who does. I can't speak for the really odd Kiev video sounds, though, never heard those except on all the videos now said to be hoaxes.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

Think we have to worry about it oh sure the sound was at reported in 1893 but back then it wasn't wide spread globally speaking.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
reply to post by mainidh

Think we have to worry about it oh sure the sound was at reported in 1893 but back then it wasn't wide spread globally speaking.

How exactly do you know it wasn't global back in 1893? There certainly wasn't the reporting capabilities back then that we have now.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
There is a thread that explains what the sounds are.
So I am glad it was recorded before sometime in somewhat recent history, it makes me feel a little better. Sounds like this can really mess with a persons head as they start to make you think "IT is happening" like trumpets of Armageddon, or some major disaster.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

In an article called “Overhead Sounds in the Vicinity of Yellowstone Lake” from Science Magazine, 1893, by Edwin Linton wittnesses described hearing

a reverberating sound, characterized by a slight metallic resonace.
and the article goes on to describe it further...

what one of the party called a kind of twisting yow-yow vibration.

Well, I don't know about you but that sounds just like the sky sounds that have been posted here on ATS lately.
Once you click on the link you have to scroll down the page to get to the article on the sounds.
www.sciencemag.org...

This same sound is being heard all over the world and it has been known to emit from cave systems. This all gives credibility to the world wide earthquake in the bible. The Japan, chile quakes got it all started as a scientist Mr. Khalilov thinks as they claim to have seen a large energy burst from the core of earth last year.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

I don't know about that Ukraine video.
You can hear that bird in it like you can
some of the other wide spread videos.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join