It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video Showing US Air-Strike On Peaceful Iraqie Demonstration

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 05:17 AM
link   
    Some of the people in Falujah, demonstrating against the Occupation invasion in their village. It's obvious they are not fighters, fighters don't gather & march on big group, only in small 3-4 individuals and they move individually.

Link:
    globalresearch.ca...

The Conversation between the pilot & the base:
    - I got numerous individuals on the road, you want me to take those out?
    - take'em out.
    - 10 seconds. . .
    - impact.
    - oh Dude!

US bombers kill 22 in Falluja raid
    observer.guardian.co.uk...
    Americans claim Iraq target was a terrorist safe house
    Peter Beaumont in Baghdad
    Sunday June 20, 2004
    The Observer

AN AMERICAN F-16 jet fired missiles into a residential area in the flashpoint Sunni city of Fallujah yesterday, killing at least 22 members of one extended family.
    A US spokesman said the aircraft had been targeting a safe house belonging to the terrorist network run by Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, the Jordanian directing a suicide bombing campaign against coalition forces in the new Iraqi security organisations.

Brigadier-General Mark Kimmitt did not dispute Iraqi accounts that more than 20 people were killed in the attack, but said there was 'significant intelligence' that members of the network were in the house. He admitted there was no evidence Zarqawi was there.

One resident contacted by telephone by the Observer , who had been to the scene of the explosion in the poor Shouhadda area, in the south west of the city, said that at least 22 people had been killed.

Dr Fadhil al-Baddrani said the entire family of Mohammed Hamadi, a 65-year-old farmer, married with two wives, were killed. Among the dead where his wives and children. At least three women and five chil dren were among the dead. 'The whole family is gone,' said al-Baddrani. 'The blast was so powerful it blew them to pieces. We could only recognise the women by their long hair.'

He added that the carnage had been met by angry scenes within the city, with residents accusing the US of staging a 'provocation' intended to reignite fighting in a city that has seen the strongest resistance to the US occupation.

The air strike, and its high death toll among women and children, will inflame tensions at a moment of high tension in Iraq.

Senior coalition officials had been congratulating themselves in recent days for 'neutralising' the inflammatory effect of fighting in Fallujah and Najaf, in the run-up to the handover of power on 30 June.

It is a doubly worrying in Fallujah as coalition sources have privately admitted that the 'Iraqi-isation' of the problem there is close to failing. Among the first to condemn the US attack was the city's police chief. 'At 9:30 am, a US plane shot two missiles on this residential area,' said the police chief, Sabbar al-Janabi, 'Scores were killed and injured. This picture speaks for itself.'

At least two houses were destroyed and six others were damaged as slabs of concrete and steel reinforcing bars were up-ended and twisted skyward in the damage, Associated Press Television News footage showed.

Water poured from a six-metre crater in front of one of the destroyed house. One man displayed several copies of the Koran which were burnt in the strikes.

Outraged residents accused America of trying to inflict maximum damaged by firing two strikes - one first to attack and another to kill the rescuers.

'The number of casualties is so high because after the first missile we jumped to rescue the victims,' said Wissam ali-Hamad. 'The second missile killed those trying to carry out the rescue.'

US Marines pulled back from Fallujah late last April after three weeks of fighting after four American security contractors were killed in an ambush and their bodies mutilated. Ten Marines and hundreds of Iraqis, many of them civilians, died before the siege was lifted and security was handed over to an Iraqi volunteer force, the Fallujah Brigade.

Al-Zarqawi has been blamed for the string of car bombs across Iraq, including one last Thursday that killed 35 people and wounded 145 at an Iraqi military recruiting centre in Baghdad.

US troops also fought insurgents north-east of Baghdad for a fourth day in fighting that has killed at least six Iraqis and one American soldier, according to US military sources and witnesses. In southern Iraq, a roadside bomb killed at least two people, including a Portuguese security officer.

The latest violence comes against a background of increased violence in Iraq in the run up to the handover of sovereignty at the end of this month.

Violence that has led senior ministers in the new Iraqi interim government to threaten 'emergency measures' including martial law or new curfews, should the security situation not improve.

Related Topic:
    www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 16-9-2004 by fanoose]

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Already posted. They were insurgents, you friggin wanker. I'm glad they're dead only problem being that they should have been made to suffer first. Getting blown to pieces was too quick a death for them.

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Please do a search next time - and hey, is the expletive blocker broken again?

lol

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Every morning I turn on the TV and watch videos of more of these so called "peaceful demonstrators" blowing themselves up along with hundreds of truly peaceful Iraqis [note spelling] who were either just shopping at a local market or in line to get a job, where is your disdain for those individuals who are destroying their own???

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Get your twisted words straightened out!

Peacful Iraq demonstration?

Why don't you say what it is?

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 06:09 AM
link   
If some country with a psychotic leader invaded your country/home town, would you fight back? Or would you welcome them with open arms? Let's not forget who the terrorists are here!

Get your heads out of your A**es!!

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by mad scientist
Already posted. They were insurgents, you friggin wanker. I'm glad they're dead only problem being that they should have been made to suffer first. Getting blown to pieces was too quick a death for them.

You are a very sick person. If you like the killing so much then join the war and see it for yourself. Or is it too safe behind the computer?

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Fonoose, If they were peacefull demonstrators, then why were they "marching" at night?

Why were they leaving a building that was known to house insurgents?

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Samiralfey

Originally posted by mad scientist

You are a very sick person. If you like the killing so much then join the war and see it for yourself. Or is it too safe behind the computer?

These f@ckers deserved to die, the same bastards who are killing their own people. Your the one who is sick condoning what these people do.
And yes I have personally seen people blown to bits, not a pretty sight.

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 06:56 AM
link   
already been discussed to death.

facts: none of us were there. slants are many.

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Last I heard the conversation was between the pilot and US forces on the ground who were engaged in fighting against the group. Originally the Air Strike was called down on the building, then as the group started pouring out of the building the target was changed to the group itself. Apparently the flashing L designates laser targeting is in operation on the weapon.

Don't remember exactly where I read that though.

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 08:52 AM
link   
At mad scientist, please go join the army! Yeah get some lead flying your way please, we might all benefit.

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corinthas
At mad scientist, please go join the army! Yeah get some lead flying your way please, we might all benefit.

Aww gee, I'm deeply hurt

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by HowardRoark
then why were they "marching" at night?

At night? Don't you see the shadow of the tree on the top of the screen & the shadow of the buildings its aligned in a fixed postion.And they are not using Night vision (green).

Again they were coming from an intersection not a house, look at the top-right corner of the screen you will notice they were "marching" already. Not coming from a house. hear the pilot when he said :"I got numerous individuals on the road, you want me to take those out? " he didn't say "individuals leaving the house"!

Btw, i searched for the video here but couldn't find anything.

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by fanoose

then why were they "marching" at night?

At night? Don't you see the shadow of the tree on the top of the screen & the shadow of the buildings its aligned in a fixed postion.And they are not using Night vision (green).

It's infra-red you moron, that's why there's a black and white contrast.

Again they were coming from an intersection not a house, look at the top-right corner of the screen you will notice they were "marching" already. Not coming from a house. hear the pilot when he said :"I got numerous individuals on the road, you want me to take those out? " he didn't say "individuals leaving the house"!

It's obvious where they are coming from, are you blind

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 09:58 AM
link   

The fighting had clearly died down by the time the journalists arrived before 0800.

Press photographers took pictures of the wreck and the Iraqis around it, including young men waving the flag of Abu Musab Zarqawi's al-Qaeda-linked group Tawhid and Jihad. One youth climbed onto the Bradley and thrust the flag pole down the narrow barrel of its 25mm gun.

Most of the onlookers did not appear to be celebrating the "kill", just standing around curiously staring at the burning wreck.
BBC
VIDEO

Read the military's first account, then it's second. It just can't admit it killed innocent people, some of them children.

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by curme

The fighting had clearly died down by the time the journalists arrived before 0800.

Press photographers took pictures of the wreck and the Iraqis around it, including young men waving the flag of Abu Musab Zarqawi's al-Qaeda-linked group Tawhid and Jihad. One youth climbed onto the Bradley and thrust the flag pole down the narrow barrel of its 25mm gun.

Most of the onlookers did not appear to be celebrating the "kill", just standing around curiously staring at the burning wreck.
BBC

VIDEO

Read the military's first account, then it's second. It just can't admit it killed innocent people, some of them children.

Umm, yeah right, what are you talking about, there is no vehicle in the video
. Did you even watch the video ?

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Laserjock
Every morning I turn on the TV and watch videos of more of these so called "peaceful demonstrators" blowing themselves up along with hundreds of truly peaceful Iraqis [note spelling] who were either just shopping at a local market or in line to get a job, where is your disdain for those individuals who are destroying their own???

You said it your self, you watch it on TV. But do you watch something like i've posted on TV. Nooo!
And please Describe the kinds of jobs they are offering for them. The only thing i know they are angry on the situation there because of no jobs and losing their family, you can read this one "Out-of-work father protests occupation"

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Nice, use missiles to take out people.

The absolute height of cowardice, if you ask me. These people were all slaughtered because it was obvious they were terrorists? Hmm? Cuz I can't tell either way according to this video.

Airstrikes on "suspected" terrorists is pretty close to murder. How many people do you think were caught in the blast radius?

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 10:43 AM
link   
If you think the US military is barbaric, just wait its coming!

I see a response of epic proportions on the horizon, and it will come from the Russian Military.

A mistake was made by the Muslim insurgents 2 weeks ago and now you have the worlds 2 most powerful nations united in the same cause.

The clock is ticking and the Russian response is coming.

I wonder if this is what Nastradamus forsaw when he saw the Bear and the Eagle come togther

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join