It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does God ---- Do unto others?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by IAMIAM

So while Jesus may be a God to some, he is not THE God to others, not even himself.

That does not affect what I was taking about.
I said God's name is Jesus, meaning Jesus came to be the name of God, as opposed to what a lot of people think, which is that Jesus was the word of God, which the NT does not say literally.
Jesus was the demonstration of the power of the Word but not the Word itself.

Jesus was the word of God indeed my friend. But Jesus did not do anything as Jesus. He did everything in the name of the father so that the father would be glorified.

To put the name of Jesus on the father is contradictory to what he was saying.

The father did not take the name of the Son.

The Son took the name of the father.

I AM.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady
My issue is with your saying: "not even to himself"

Matthew 28:18 And Jesus came to them and spake unto them, saying, All authority hath been given unto me in heaven and on earth.

If you have all authority in heaven and earth you are God.

A commanding Officer in the Marine Corps can have all the authority of the President over his command, that does not make him the President.

He is the receiver, not the giver.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Jesus was the word of God indeed my friend.
Do you mean as in 'the word was made flesh' in John 1? It really does not say that. There is a word, egeneto, which is generally used to introduce a new scene, similar to saying, "and it came about that . . .". It is never in the one hundred an twenty something occurrences in the NT used to describe something becoming something else. The word, sarx, witch is also in verse 14, is not so much used to mean, flesh, literally, but more to mean, humanity. The word is used in combination with, logos, and in every other case in the NT where you find logos followed by a noun (such as you find in verse 14, where it reads, logos sarx) it means, "the message to . . . (whatever that noun is)". So to me the proper reading of that clause is, "and it came about that the message to humanity dwelt among us". And more specifically, as it operated within the person, Jesus. So the word, Word, is not like the word in the normal sense, like the written word, but the active force that gives life in that whatever is acted on by that force becomes animated as opposed to being in a steady state or inactive.
There is this tendency to say Jesus is the word, which is fueled by Messianic Judaism to put Jesus in his place, so they come up with ideas to make him important to placate Christians but to keep it safe for Jews to go ahead and look forward to a future, "real" Messiah. So this usage gets spread around with people already of this idolatrous leaning caused by state worship directed towards Israel. The fact is that Jesus was not the Torah, or "The Living Torah" where somehow Jesus is the living embodiment of right living or something where they make him out as being a good Jewish Rabbi. The fact is that what was looked for was the coming of The Lord. People downplay that aspect and pretend it was some other expectation that people in Judea just have made up and not based on the canonical Bible. That is also false and Jesus did exactly as prophesied in Exodus, Isaiah, Malachi, and Ezekiel and Zachariah. So not only was the expected one associated with a king, but in the real apocalyptic parts, it is looking forward to the coming of YHWH Himself.

But Jesus did not do anything as Jesus.
No, he was acting exactly as if he was YHWH, where he showed up at the temple and made it his home, if only relatively briefly, as fulfillment of the prophecy that YHWH would appear suddenly in His Temple.

He did everything in the name of the father so that the father would be glorified.
Jesus prayed that he be glorified as he was before, when he was with the father in heaven.

To put the name of Jesus on the father is contradictory to what he was saying.
Jesus said when you saw him, you saw the Father.

The father did not take the name of the Son.

The Son took the name of the father.
There is no other name given by which we are saved.

edit on 26-1-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   

[
And you called yourself a Gnostic Christian on another thread?
Enjoy eternity with your real God, dude.

edit on 1/24/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: post

I will.
He is not the genocidal son murderer that you follow and teaches good morals as compared to your Satanic God.

Regards
DL

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Oops.
edit on 26-1-2012 by Greatest I am because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Greatest I am

Originally posted by autowrench
The World gets worse and worse with each year. Glad this is the last one.

I agree with most of your post but not this.

Check the stats for two of the main markers for evil, violent death and slavery, and you will find that they are the best, per capita that we have ever enjoyed.

Regards
DL

I'd like to see the stats you are talking about. Evil would be very difficult to measure. What I consider evil you might consider perfectly fine, for example the abortion procedure. Which could and IMO should be considered a violent death. As for slavery, I see us in the US as being "owned" by the government more and more as our liberties are being stripped away.
edit on 1/25/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

If you are going to stretch the definition of slavery then we are all slaves.
The word now is meaningless. Thanks.
Real slaves will be pleased.

If God cared about the killing potential children in the womb, he would not have ordered the murder of women all over the bible and the smashing of the heads of babies on rocks.

You cannot have your cake and eat it too.

www.ted.com...

www.ted.com...

Regards
DL
edit on 26-1-2012 by Greatest I am because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
reply to post by Greatest I am

I'm glad you think it has been better. From my own POV, I have seen war after war, endless killings, the starvation of children, and the torture of children, and the exploitation of women and children on the rise. I have seen prices on everything go up and up, from groceries to services. I have seen sickness go up. I have seen more and more homeless people, their home taken from them by the bankers.

I hear of Earthquakes all over the world of late. A few days ago, a rift opened in the sea off the coast of Hong Cong. I have heard of snow in the Sahara Desert, and in other desert areas. It is clear that Mother Earth is getting near death, and is ready to begin the Purification process that happens ever 26-38,000 years.

May I ask the location of this paradise you speak of, friend?

I am in Canada but I never said anything about paradise.

There is no denying that things could be better and yes, many still do evil but per capita, we are improving.

www.ted.com...

www.ted.com...

As to the earth, no worries. We cannot hurt it in the long run.

www.youtube.com...

Regards
DL

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM
[
My issue is with your saying: "not even to himself"

Matthew 28:18 And Jesus came to them and spake unto them, saying, All authority hath been given unto me in heaven and on earth.

If you have all authority in heaven and earth you are God.

Yet Jesus accepted Satan's dominion over the earth at the temptation.

Was the temptation of Jesus just a sham then?
It was if Satan had nothing to tempt Jesus with. You cannot tempt someone with something they already have.
Right?

Regards
DL

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Jesus defeated Satan.
That is the central theme of the Book of Revelation, where Satan is cast into the pit and locked up.
Jesus in John said, 'Satan has been judged, and I have overcome the world'.
The temptation establishes the idea that Satan did have dominion but the task of Jesus was to wrest that from him, which he declares later he did in fact accomplish.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Jesus defeated Satan.
That is the central theme of the Book of Revelation, where Satan is cast into the pit and locked up.
Jesus in John said, 'Satan has been judged, and I have overcome the world'.
The temptation establishes the idea that Satan did have dominion but the task of Jesus was to wrest that from him, which he declares later he did in fact accomplish.

Sure. To Christians. Jesus has to win as Satan is supposed to be evil.

Not to Jews and this Gnostic, who never saw Satan as particularly evil but just doing the job God gave him.
Remember. They had no hell to send Satan to and so God would have to take him back after his work of LOYAL opposition was over. Well it is never really over unless you see man doing extinct.

For a Jew you seem well divorced from Jewish thought.

Regards
DL

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

. . . never saw Satan as particularly evil but just doing the job God gave him.

Same name, different person, just like Jesus can be the I Am but that does not mean he is the same person who was carrying that designation in the Old Testament.
So what and who Satan was in the NT is actually closer to how we can now view YHWH in the OT.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Of course. The OMNIPRESENT nature of God dictates that he is within all things. If you could see me, you would see the father as well.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Of course. The OMNIPRESENT nature of God dictates that he is within all things. If you could see me, you would see the father as well.

With Love,

Your Brother

And if within all things then he is not special at all.
He is then just nature and no more important than a man.

Regards
DL

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Sure, except Man did not create Man.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Sure, except Man did not create Man.

With Love,

Your Brother

Show proof or be seen as a liar.

Regards
DL

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Man is a word. Words represent ideas. Ideas come from within man. So the idea is coming from within an idea, within an idea, within an idea...

AAuummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

With Love,

Your Brother

P.S. So the number of Man can be represented 6.6666666666666666666666666666666666666666666
edit on 30-1-2012 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Man is a word. Words represent ideas. Ideas come from within man. So the idea is coming from within an idea, within an idea, within an idea...

AAuummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

With Love,

Your Brother

P.S. So the number of Man can be represented 6.6666666666666666666666666666666666666666666
edit on 30-1-2012 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

My brother is not stupid or a liar.

Regards
DL

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

My brother is not stupid or a liar.

Regards
DL

"To BE the man you gotta BEAT the MAN!" - Brother Ric Flair

With Love,

Your Brother