It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survival In The Wild: Need A Little Help Please

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I am planning to go squatting in a huge mansion/castle in Wales over the summer, I want to be able to document this as I will be making videos daily for at least a month whilst I am there,
I am using the Mansion/Castle as a "base" of operations as I and several Others attempt to live off of the surrounding land for at least a month.

I intend to keep a diary on my thoughts and feelings, as well as events that unfold during my stay there,
Whilst also demonstrating technical and professional bushcraft and survival skills for you guys here on ATS and others on youtube etc etc.

Just wondering if you guys know of any Affordable and high quality Video camera's/ microphones etc etc, Really I should know this as I studied media for 2 years, but regardless, just asking for a little help so I can get the best end result for everyone who is interested.

here are some pictures of the place I am staying If you are interested to see,

If anyone is Interested or wants to Ask anything then Feel free to U2U me, at the moment there are about 8 people going, but are willing to consider anyone else, so again, if you are interested or want details, send me a U2U.

If you consider coming along then it will be a very good experience and great opportunity to learn a lot of bushcraft and survival skills from experts who have studied hard for years in these fields of knowledge and expertise. However, to cut down this post, please U2U me for details, and I will explain if you are interested.

Thanks in advance for any response, and as always, Pleasure to be a part of ATS.

~CD

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I haven't a clue about cameras. But, after your *documented* stay there...I'd try to claim homesteading rights to the place....

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Yeah, It would be a good idea, But I'm unsure as to the laws on that, Apparently they have changed.
I do know this though, The Owner of the buildings is apparently Some rich Iranian guy, Supposedly he wanted to knock it all down to build flats/houses, but hasn't got around to doing that.
Supposedly he is trying to sell it, but no-one wants it. the government is offering to buy it, but only for half the price he wants for it, so it isn't going to go anywhere anytime soon.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Corrupted Data

Good Luck on your venture. Let us know when you throw the house warming party. It would be worth the trip just to experience those old, history laden places. I'm jealous

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Will you have to pay Mansion tax from this year?
www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by dr treg
Will you have to pay Mansion tax from this year?
www.telegraph.co.uk...

Well hopefully not hahaa, I guess in time we will see, But I'm pretty sure there will be some loopholes that can be exploited to avoid paying taxes.
I'm not sure if this will be an ongoing project, Obviously it has a lot of potential, and If I can obtain legal ownership at some point I definitely will.
However, at this present time, It is simply a short term stay of about a month or so, Am planning to get a Diesel Generator too so that I can Upload Videos Daily from location.
Fingers Crossed though, It certainly could be worthwhile

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
you seriously need to reconsider. i happen to know that the owner of that particular location is moving into it in the next 7 days. there is already somebody there too which would also scupper your plans. great place innit though!

by the way, you forgot to mention that James the 1st stayed there, which is why it has a royal crest on it

edit on 21-1-2012 by ladyteeny because: added a sentence

edit on 21-1-2012 by ladyteeny because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Ummm. how do i edit a post, seemingly it wont let me? ?
bizaareeee

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Corrupted Data

You only have, I think it is , 4 hours to edit a previous post you've made. Just make a new one.

Des

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

thanks mate,
will bear that in mind in future.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Let me know if you want this moved to the Survival forum...you may get a lot of expert opinions there.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Let me know if you want this moved to the Survival forum...you may get a lot of expert opinions there.

YES. I would really appreciate that, I Couldn't find that forum.
Im a noob at ATS navigating sadly

top topics

join