It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are ALL born into sin and only by accepting JESUS as Lord and Savior can you get to heaven, right

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by sacgamer25

I don't know whether Christ gave Ghandi another chance to know and accept Him at Ghandi's point of death, or not.

I'm not Ghandi's judge.

If not given another chance, I'm skeptical that Ghandi is there.

It is plausible to me that Christ did give him another chance due to the generosity and peacableness of Ghandi's heart and his desire to truly know THE TRUTH.

However, there is CERTAINLY ABSOLUTELY KNOW GUARANTEE

that ANYONE will get such a deathbed chance.

There is EXTRABIBLICAL evidence that some very few MIGHT get such a chance. I don't know based on what criteria.

It's NOT something I'd make an eternal bet on my eternal abode on.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
Even basic Physics says that the soul/spirit must exist forever. It has no mass, therefore is unaffected by time.

Sources, please. You also need to prove that souls even exist outside of pseudoscience. You can't make up your own Physics and pass it on as fact.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

In terms of walking in the Love of Jesus . . .

I've prayed since Jr High--more than 45 years ago . . . to be able to love like Jesus.

That's a bit like praying for patience or wisdom or humility.

The tuition to that school is extremely costly.

However, in terms of the results of such prayers . . . others external to myself are the best experts.

My Dad and I's housemate and my pastors would be some of the best experts on how much The Lord has achieved within me and in my life on that score. She may be on ATS later today . . . though she rarely posts, IIRC.

Though probably more than 4,000 students could also give you a good idea about it.

I am thankful that even a satanist student reported feeling very loved by me.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

First off Hell is not for enternity! People have misunderstood that in the bible.

Rom 6:23 For the wages of sin is death but the gift of God [is] eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

"The wages of sin is death" that is the final punishment of the non elect,death. God is merciful,it is only the cruelness of man that such a creature would want a fellow human to suffer such great agony for ever.

Remember the rule God set up in the bible when paul was beaten. A person could only receive 40 stripes save one. So 39 stripes(because 40 stripes is almost enough to kill someone) Throughout the bible you will find that when a person suffers it is only for a short while. The two thief's at the cross both suffered for a short while then the one on the left entered death he is non existence no suffering in a place called hell. (In fact the word for hell actually means grave).

The thief on the right entered into the greatest joy a human can receive he entered into paradise.

Luk 23:40 But the other answering rebuked him, saying, Dost not thou fear God, seeing thou art in the same condemnation?
Luke 23:41 And we indeed justly; for we receive the due reward of our deeds: but this man hath done nothing amiss.
Luke 23:42 And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom.
Luke 23:43 And Jesus said unto him Verily I say unto thee , Today shalt thou be with me in paradise.

But anyways to the point

You said that baby could be saved because the can't accept Jesus . Well first off John the baptist was saved in the womb,before he was even conceived. Secondly accepting Jesus doesn't mean anything this is a false teaching. No one accepts Jesus. Jesus accepts you.

Tts 3:Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

Everyone is evil there is not one person better than the other I'm just as wicked as Hitler or as Martin Luther king we are all sinners.

Rom 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

There are many people in the bible who believed on Jesus but were not saved for example judas iscariot is one,Saul believed in God but wasn't saved. There was a great multitude following Jesus that turned away because they loved the things of this world!

There is a verse that says that says something like this " you believe then you do well. The devils also believe and tremble! So just because you believe doesn't mean your saved.

So yes hitler COULD have been saved or Could have been unsaved. Only God knows the heart. And to many people this would make them mad that hitler might be saved, but people must remember ALL HAVE SINNED AND FALLEN SHORT OF THE GLORY OF GOD!

You are almost right about the last thing you wrote we are not saved by works but by grace that is the Grace of God. But we can't accept Jesus Jesus accepts us. Accepting Jesus is a work.

Sorry for the long post but I hope this answers some or all of your questions/comments.

Remember God is a merciful God we always tend to look at all the bad things that happen and say "Gods not merciful) but it's our sin that has caused all the bad in this world. Just look at all the Mercies of God. Start with every single heartbeat. For his mercies are more in number than the sand that is by the seashore or the stars in the heavens!

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Religion is an institution that is meant to control the minds of people. Some of the rules and regulations that are found in may world religions just do not make sense or go against logic and reason.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
doesnt one of the commandments say that you cant worship anyone other than god, so if you actually beleive this stuff then all christians will go to hell too

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by DaveNorris

Uhhhhh no.

Father Son and Spirit are clearly in the Old Testament.

What do you suppose

"Let US make man in OUR image" was all about?

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

and what edition is that quote from, the bible has been reworked more times than star wars

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by proob4
And on another note, where did all the pre-Jesus peeps go?
edit on 21-1-2012 by proob4 because: (no reason given)

Being raised in a Baptist church, I was taught about the "age of accountability" which states that anyone who dies before age 12 goes to heaven regardless of whether they are saved or not.

I guess they were getting lonely running the daycare operation. Or something like that.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I'm not deeply religious myself, but I do believe that salvation lies within. Religion should be meant as a guide to help you find your way, which is why I find most religions valid. Who knows what happens after we die, so enjoy life.

But to the babies complication: I refuse to believe that for one second God would do that...unless He's a total butthole or something.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIANw

I don't have to guess, although I am not the judge he didn't need another chance. Anyone who knows love has Christ. Jesus said that anyone who speaks against him will be forgiven. And in another verse he says anyone who does the will of the father is his brother, sister, awand mother. He explains what the will of the father is, saying the most important command is tow love your neighbor as yourself.

Ghandi proved by his words and his actions that he loved even his enemies. He is forgiven for not accepting Jesus, unless you are calling Jesus a liar. And he followed the will of the father better than most. So Jesus does call him wa brother. Sometimes you don't have to guess, Ghandi, is the good Samaritan. He will be with the father.
edit on 21-1-2012 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-1-2012 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Quibbler

if he exists, hes a 'butthole' for sure

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by borntowatch
[...] Therefore (some Bible quotes), we have been given a specific example in the Old Testament of an infant who died and would live forever in heaven. And Jesus Christ Himself, in the New Testament, stated that little children retain the qualities that make a person eligible to inherit the kingdom of God. We see, then, that infants and small children that die are in a safe state, and will live eternally in heaven.[...]

So... the most noble thing for a christian to do would be to kill as many babies as possible ?
!
Spare them the risk of commiting sins on earth and send them straight to heaven.

I wonder why no christian ever thought of this...
Sure, you would commit a pretty huge sin yourself, but you could still repent last minute and believe in Jesus as your lord and savior and everything will be fine, right?

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by biggmoneyme
there is nothing to goto heaven. All of your individuality is temporary. Your mind, your body, one day these will fall and "you" will never exist again.

Even basic Physics says that the soul/spirit must exist forever. It has no mass, therefore is unaffected by time.

basic physics doesn't admit to the existence of a soul. But thats not what i'm saying. But you assume mind equals soul. The mind has no real essence other than thought. You are my than a thought, more than a string of thoughts. If there is a soul there may be information on it, but not nearly what is in the brain/mind.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by borntowatch

Why are so many stupid statements made without consulting what Jesus actually said, what is clearly written in his word?

Well, actually you see the bible is word of man, and man alone. As it is written in the language of man by mankind. It has been constantly translated over history into different languages and things have been changed to better fit the current "era" during that translation.

In my personal opinion, stating that these are "stupid statements" is stupid in itself.

How is the bible clearly written in "Jesus" word? How can you be so sure. I would really like to know, because as it stands you are quoting a latin translation summed up by the romans as far as i'm aware. Ever cared to think that the roman's didn't like the idea of small children going to hell so they added an exception to the text?

This is what the bible is in my eyes, a collective story built upon by people over the years, adding their own twist to make it more "fascinating" as they see fit.

So, how is this "jesus" word?

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by DaveNorris

That's not my reality.

God has been well able to preserve His Word.

That phrasing is actually in several translations.

Including the KJV.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

I wasn't there.

I just know God's mercy triumps over His judgment and that He is altogether good.

I know His criteria are quite important . . . as are all His doings.

Thankfully, He is God and I am not.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by InsideYourMind

imho . . .

Unless Holy Spirit enlivens the Word of God . . . it is just a book--the best book but still . . . a book.

AS the dance with Jesus The Christ begins in a life . . . and matures . . . as He said . . .

"My sheep know my Voice."

His still small voice affirms truth and pierce-ing-ly slices through the darkness.

Asking God to make Himself real to us is a fitting and good prayer.

However, He speaks on His terms and does things His way . . . not ours.

We either bend . . . or break.

We either become broken on HIM THE LIVING WORD or crushed under the Rock His Living Word, is.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Hey if jesus died for my sins why should I let him die in vain? I say sin away! All jokes aside though I don't think babies go to hell. I think the people who say babies are going to hell go to hell...

P.S. I'm not religious in any way whatsoever so IDK why I even posted lol.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ColCurious

Contrary to many humans . . .

God is not absurd.

It is His nature to work all things together for good to those who Love Him and are called according to His purposes.

Turning sow's ears into silk purses is child's play for Him.

Murder remains a sin. Willful sin is a huge hazard.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join