It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are ALL born into sin and only by accepting JESUS as Lord and Savior can you get to heaven, right

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Seektruthalways1

I'm interested to know the translation of that name...Yahuwashuwa or whatever. What is its English translation?

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
And how does he even know that it is Yahuwashuwa when the Hebrew language didn't even have any vowels? That is what I'd like to know...

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I want to know why you aren't sticking to the topic. Who cares what they call people and things.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
there is nothing to goto heaven. All of your individuality is temporary. Your mind, your body, one day these will fall and "you" will never exist again.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by sacgamer25

That's all fine and dandy...but, what about the babies....

Matthew 18:3
And he said: "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 19:14
Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."

Based on the above verses, it seems to me like all children will go directly to Heaven when they pass on.

- JC

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Evidently you have not read 4 year old Colton Burpo's narrative of his Heaven experience:

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1327165123&sr=8-1

His experience of Heaven was quite different from your assumptions.

And this boy had a much more extensive experience of Heaven . . .

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_4?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1327165268&sr=1-4

Last I heard, he's still physically debilitated but expecting the full healing Jesus told him he'd have.

And this fellow IIRC, was deemed dead and ignored therefore at the scene of an accident for several hours. His narrative includes a number of miracles and witnesses thereto:

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_8?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1327165268&sr=1-8

This is one of the better ones, too:

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_21?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1327165672&sr=1-21

About young Roberts Liardon's Heavenly visitations as well as some other narratives he then collected at a later age.

A collection of such narratives by an RN:

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_7?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1327165268&sr=1-7

More such:

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_11?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1327165268&sr=1-11

This is a classic but is heavy on the Crucifixion in terms of pages devoted thereto.

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_25?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1327165878&sr=1-25

I don't remember if I read this one, or not. Sounds good and is well recommended:

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_26?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1327165878&sr=1-26

Mary K Baxter visited both Heaven and Hell--actually as did 4 year old Colton Burpo. He just did not want to talk about hell much at all, it was so horrible.

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_44?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1327166159&sr=1-44

Her visit to hell is recounted in this one:

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1327166207&sr=1-1

I love such narratives as they bring life to such issues very tangibly in very personal terms.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by biggmoneyme
there is nothing to goto heaven. All of your individuality is temporary. Your mind, your body, one day these will fall and "you" will never exist again.

Even basic Physics says that the soul/spirit must exist forever. It has no mass, therefore is unaffected by time.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by lifeissacred

Christianity is different from the other options . . .

in that . . .

it rightly asserts . . . as prison experiment psychologist Phil Zimbardo asserted afterwards:

The 'monster' is within all of us.

None of us has the CAPACITY to satisfy the perfection of an Almighty perfect God.

That's where the Blood of Jesus comes in--the only remedy. His mercy satisfied His justice through His only Son.

. . . for those who accept it and apply it to their lives, sins, through repentance, confession and owning Him as their Savior and Salvation.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Doublemint

Did you realize that the name, in Hebrew, of any given thing or idea can, by its pictographic syllable, be used to visually define exactly what their view of it was?

God's name was literally translated as "See the hand, see the nail". In other words, the Architect of our world.

Does that answer your question?

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by biggmoneyme

. . . All of your individuality is temporary . . .

NOT my reality.

The historical record indicates to me that

God created man for FELLOWSHIP

and that personality and individuality is fiercely protected BY HIM . . . to endure forever.

He IS A GOD OF GREAT CREATIVITY AND DIVERSITY.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doublemint
reply to post by arpgme

I want to know why you aren't sticking to the topic. Who cares what they call people and things.

Because according to him/her, the name is that important, that you have to call on this specific name to be saved from sin. I'm also wandering if babies or people who can not pronounce that go to heaven too, since the name is that important.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

no, it does not. I still do not understand why the name is important. People give meaning to names now a days and I don't get all worried about it.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Why Christianity over any of the hundreds of religions I could choose from? Why the Christian God? Why not multiple Gods? Why does there have to be a 'God' at all? The fact is no one knows whether there are or aren't any Gods, therefore it's pointless asserting that you have the right answer.
edit on 21-1-2012 by lifeissacred because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

I think you and others would be very hard pressed to explain

Akiane's story even to the bloke in your mirror.

Please read the excerpt at the link. I can only transcribe a limited amount due to the T&C: MY CAPS EMPHASES ADDED BELOW:

www.amazon.com...=pd_rhf_se_shvl3#reader_0849900441

". . . Because Akiane and her brothers had only had a few acquaintances . . . they played mostly with one another. Our family had NEVER talked about religion, NEVER prayed together, and NEVER went to any church. I had been raised as an atheist in Lithuania . . . The children did not watch television, had NEVER been out of our sight, and were homeschooled; therefore, we were CERTAIN that NO ONE ELSE could have influenced Akiaine's sudden and detailed descriptions of an invisible realm . . . "

"Today I met God,"

"What is God?"

"God is light--warm and good . . . knows everything and talks with me. It is my parent."

"Tell me more about your dream."

"It was not a dream. It was real!"

. . .

"Why did you think it was God?"

"Just like I know you are my mommy, and you know I am Akiane."

. . .

Some may not know . . . Colton Burpo's parents over several years after his 4 year old experience, every Christian bookstore, every art gallery . . . would relentlessly ask him about every picture of Christ--if there was anything accurate about the picture compared to the real Jesus Colton interacted with in Heaven.

Every time he said "No."

UNTIL they heard about Akiane and pulled up a pic of her rendition of

THE PRINCE OF PEACE available on her website from her own Heavenly visitations.

Colton got real still and quiet and then said.

'That one's right.'

Her website:

akiane.com...

The PRINCE OF PEACE painting of Jesus:

www.akiane.com...

www.akiane.com...

edit on 21/1/2012 by BO XIAN because: forgot to use ex tags vs quote tags

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Because God is NOT schizophrenic.

And the life of Jesus is utterly unique.

Lots of things are not as they seem . . . including a lot of lies about Christianity and The Lord Jesus.

imho,

God allowed it that way such that only those who TRULY SEEK HIM shall find him.

Others shall find a thousand reasons to rationalize Him away in favor of a god of their own making, in their own image.

As Frances Schaeffer

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1327170990&sr=1-1

and

Del Tackett

THE TRUTH PROJECT

(probably available to watch free in a group at some Evangelical church in your area)

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1327170921&sr=8-1

and

Lee Strobel

THE CASE FOR CHRIST: A Journalists' Personal Investigation of the Evidence for Jesus

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1327171074&sr=1-1

And

Josh McDowell:

THE NEW EVIDENCE THAT DEMANDS A VERDICT: Fully Updated To Answer Questions Challenging Christians Today

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1327171149&sr=1-1

all articulate with such extensive documentation . . .

Jesus The Christ is unique in all history.

And the Cross and empty tomb are the fulcrum point of all history.

edit on 21/1/2012 by BO XIAN because: trying to get emphases parameters right

edit on 21/1/2012 by BO XIAN because: an addition

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

. . . therefore it's pointless asserting that you have the right answer.

That's NOT

MY reality.

I'm responsible to speak for THE TRUTH that I know and have experienced. What others do with it is between them and God.

I'm responsible for The existential 'thrownness' God has placed me within.
I'm responsible to do as I feel He is leading me to do.

He's the one responsible for results.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by BO XIAN

Christianity is different from the other options . . .

in that . . .

it rightly asserts . . . as prison experiment psychologist Phil Zimbardo asserted afterwards:

The 'monster' is within all of us.

None of us has the CAPACITY to satisfy the perfection of an Almighty perfect God.

That's where the Blood of Jesus comes in--the only remedy. His mercy satisfied His justice through His only Son.

. . . for those who accept it and apply it to their lives, sins, through repentance, confession and owning Him as their Savior and Salvation.

So you are going to heaven and Gandhi is going to hell, because this is what the bible says? Can’t you see how ridiculous this sounds? All who were born with love have the son. All who were born knowing love were chosen.

1 John 4:7-9 7 Dear friends let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. 8 Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. 9

It is clear by this passage that EVERYONE WHO LOVES IS BORN OF GOD AND KNOWS GOD, because GOD IS LOVE. So if you love you prove the son lives in you.

What I believe a non believer does not receive is the baptism of the Holy Spirit. Of course I also believe that anyone who will not humble themselves to the truth, that Christ lives in all who love, thus coming down from the seat of righteousness and judgment have not received baptism of the Holy Spirit.

Love your neighbor as thyself. The Good Samaritan, who is not a Christian, is your neighbor. He showed you love so he proves Christ is in him. Because he proved this to you, you SHOULD KNOW HE IS YOUR BROTHER.

1 John 4:20 If anyone says, "I love God," yet hates his brother, he is a liar. For anyone who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, whom he has not seen.

I am not your judge, but I urge you to try and understand what I am saying, I am bringing you the message of love and truth. This is the message of Christ. I do not wish that anyone falls short of the love that is Christ Jesus.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

You are assuming there is only one level of Heaven, friend. Even the Bible speaks of seven Heavens, and "In my house are many mansions." Doesn't that mean anything, or am I just to disregard it?

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I don't think pronouncing HIS NAME 'correctly' in one's own language is super prissy-ly important.

God looks on the heart.

HE promises that THOSE WHO (earnestly, authentically, genuinely) SEEK

HIM

SHALL

FIND HIM.

However, the Names of God ARE IMPORTANT.

The GREAT I AM is beyond peer.

And a study of His Biblical Names is a very enlightening study revealing a multitude of His

ATTRIBUTES

AND

CHARACTER.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

NO!

I'm NOT assuming there's merely one 'level' of Heaven . . . whatever that means. I accept that as fact--St Paul was clear enough about the reality of 7 levels etc.

And, some of the narratives I listed above articulate that aspect of Heaven. Some don't.

It doesn't seem to be a priority issue for the individuals to know a lot about or relate a lot about.

It does appear that access to upper levels is dependent on some element of qualification or rank.

Yet, there are many former prostitutes et al who seem to be graced with lots of time in the highest levels while many "GREAT Christian leaders" of the past are limited to lower levels.

Humility seems to be a huge issue in Heaven.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join