It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Herman Cain endorses himself (kind of)...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
...At least that was the title of the article.

So today was the day Herman Cain was going to make his "unconventional" endorsement. So at the debate tonight, they gave him the keynote speaker position.

He officially endorsed "the people"

www.washingtonpost.com...

I have been asked repeatedly for the last several weeks and couple of months, who am I going to endorse? And I’ve said consistently: The unconventional candidate that ran an unconventional campaign and achieved surprising results is going to make an unconventional endorsement. . .. Here is my unconventional endorsement: not a candidate seeking the nomination, not someone that’s not running. My unconventional endorsement is: the people. We the people of this nation are still in charge. That’s who I’m endorsing.

Although...it seems like he talked a lot about himself and of course his "999" plan.

And by “the people,” Cain meant himself. As he spoke, slides promoting www.cainconnections.com and “Cain’s Solutions Revolution” flashed onto the projectors alongside the stage. He invited people to sign up for his “army” and to encourage their representatives or their favorite candidates for congress to adopt his yet-to-be-written 9-9-9 legislation. “I am not going to die not having done something to take our nation back,” he declared.

This is pretty much what I expected...I thought he would come right out and endorse his 999 plan or endorse the candidate who is willing to pick up his 999 plan.

This guy is a joke...glad he is out of the election.
edit on 20-1-2012 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Reminds me of this one satire video I saw where Jon Huntsman endorse himself, but the narrator said Huntsman didn't have the support to make a difference to Huntsman's Campaign.

Same can be said about Cain, as for his plan to get 9-9-9 into effect I don't see it happing.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Mcupobob

I think it is hilarious...it just adds to the circus that is the Republican primary.

It seems like everyone has been inflicted with some disease where they hype something up a lot...and then it is a huge let down.

ABC with Newt Gingrich's ex-wife story....total let down.

Ron Paul with his "game changing" endorsement....turned out to be a SC senator....total let down.

And now Herman Cain hyping up his "unconventional endorsement"....endorsing "the people" and his 999 plan....at least we can laugh at this one.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Yeah, he's lame. I wish Fox would quit using him for his "polical savvy" because he hasn't any. When he buckled for the sake of his family
with the last accusations, I knew he was guilty.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
A couple of weeks back I started this thread about his 'endorsement'. Word at that time was that he was endorsing nobody. Now he says 'the people.'
Seriously ... he should just GO HOME!

join