It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News: Newt Gingrich's campaign is about to implode

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

Hey! I'm just the messenger. I never liked him to start with. He spent MILLIONS going after Clinton's wondering member and it never left the oval office.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Jason88

Yeah and i can sit here and say after a decade of silence that interview says more about her than Newt and i am wondering how much ABC is paying her.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Two words. Family values.

That is where this current crop of candidates has a problem. Lying. They talk about family values but do not practice it. With the exception of Romney, Paul.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

Originally posted by hadriana
abcnews.go.com...

There it is - OPEN MARRIAGE

lol

THAT'S it?...

I don't think this is a game changer.

Exactly. Newt asked for an open marriage, the wifey said no, he divorced her. What's the big deal? It's not like he's the first politician to stray, and we don't know the circumstances that led to him straying, either. Partly because it's NONE OF OUR BUSINESS.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

Originally posted by hadriana
abcnews.go.com...

There it is - OPEN MARRIAGE

lol

THAT'S it?...

I don't think this is a game changer.

Not like all the liberals weren't into this in the 70's anyway. Hollywood even made a movie about this type of arrangement, where all the neighborhood swingers had a party and exchanged partners. I remember people talking about this stuff when I was in high school.

Imagine all the stuff that came out about POTUS before the 08 election and people still voted for him. All the connections to the Marxist Weather Underground people and the marxism in Kenya, his special relationship with communist Frank Marshall Davis, pics of his mom wearing high heels and nothing else, the Madrassa in Indonesia, the chickens coming home to roost in Rev wrights church ( and whatever else he said I wont post here).
edit on 19-1-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jason88
reply to post by neo96

Two words. Family values.

That is where this current crop of candidates has a problem. Lying. They talk about family values but do not practice it. With the exception of Romney, Paul.

I'm sure Ron Paul is an upstanding guy, Romney, I doubt. I'm sure that slicky boy has some skeletons in his closet, but he's just better at keeping them quiet (especially when he has the media in his corner).

edit on 19-1-2012 by AwakeinNM because: removed personal information of two million Zappos customers.

edit on 19-1-2012 by AwakeinNM because: self-imposed grammar nazi

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Jason88

So what?

As opposed to Government values from cradle to grave as opposed to father Government and mother Government,

At least they try but i forget no one is perfect like the left is.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I think there is some confusion here. First, it's never good to cheat on your spouse, but as world leaders prove again and again, power leads run away sexual desires.

The republicans have a real problem - family values. That's a real difference between them and democrats. They picked family values to appeal to conservative America. The democrats went after the minorities instead. The democrats never claimed family values as a platform, but since the republicans did, it has castrated the current crop of candidates (Romney, Paul exceptions - so far).

On the flip side, Obama never had a family values issue - he is surrounded by his wife and kids all the time.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Interestingly, my husband took it as a big indictment of Callista.

I don't think Ron and Carol have problems like this. I love her. I mean - to the extent that if he doesn't win and just fades away, and she wrote an autobiography that focused on just HER - I'd like to read it.
I want her cookbook.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Jason88

Maybe she has video of Newt and herself in some sort of sexual encounter maybe even involving others, Lets hope it isnt this or im taking the net down no one should see such horrors, even better maybe its homo erotic and it involves tale's of drugs or alcohol abuse.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
So now we are going to learn something about Newt from a woman scorned. Personally, I don't care if he had a threesome with a Dalmation and a Poodle. The MSM will take it further than it really matters. It matters nothing to me at this point. Any person who hasn't done anything wrong, hasn't done anything at all.

What do we know about Obama? Nothing! Apparently Obama never did anything wrong because in my opinion he hasn't done anything except to be "present." I am tired of the Christian Right being the judge of others and not themselves. I am tired of the Liberal Left judging everybody except their own. I am tired of the vociferous RP supporters trying to outshout everybody else with neo-Randian attacks.

I have spent a lot of time reading the RP supporters opinions. I have found over the long run, that the comments are basically tripe. Mostly, they are just flamers and trolls pushing their agenda and not seeing the entire picture. There is more than one thing wrong with this country. One issue should not decide the entire election.

So Newt is a proven adulterer. So what? Obama is a proven liar. RP has been proven to know nothing about foreign affairs or foreign enemies. Santorum has been proven to not have the debate ability to retire Obama. I am not sure what Romney knows. Many of you still admire Bill Clinton. Did you forget about Monica? Many of you admire Hillary. Did you forget about Whitewater?

Quit listening to the flamers and watch the debates. Llisten to what they say and not just what you agree with. Make a good decision. It is not over yet. I haven't decided yet.

Now you can go ahead and flame me. It isn't anything I haven't heard before.

P.S. I didn't care about Herman Cain's "pecadillos" either, true or not. I like him.
edit on 19-1-2012 by Nite_wing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by GreatScot

If only it were that lurid, a horror show for sure, but its been found to be less "explosive"... Gingrich wanted an open marriage, ABC News is airing the full interview tonight at 11:35pm, after the CNN GOP debates at 8pm EST.

Now, if Romney's wife came out and said that he wanted an open marriage it would deep six his campaign. However, Gingrich is so slimy that this is actually not too bad in the scope of slimy things he's done.... weird world we live in.
edit on 19-1-2012 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jason88
I think there is some confusion here. First, it's never good to cheat on your spouse, but as world leaders prove again and again, power leads run away sexual desires.

The republicans have a real problem - family values. That's a real difference between them and democrats. They picked family values to appeal to conservative America. The democrats went after the minorities instead. The democrats never claimed family values as a platform, but since the republicans did, it has castrated the current crop of candidates (Romney, Paul exceptions - so far).

On the flip side, Obama never had a family values issue - he is surrounded by his wife and kids all the time.

It was the liberal free love society going on in the 60's and 70's, all the Swingers and group orgies and so on. Add some coke and pot... oh yah that was Clinton too....but he didn't inhale...

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by captainnotsoobvious
reply to post by bacci0909

US Libertarianism is about the most dangerous political movement going.

The second we elect a Libertarian is the second the rich elites finally get full control.

Then why aren't the rich elites backing or funding him? Why, in fact, are the rich elites who garner much control already, doing everything they can to ignore and/or discredit him? ... ????????????

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Live by example?

On one side of the equation we have Conservative Gingrich who has had two affairs we know of, married three times, cheated on one wife while at the same time trying to impeach the President for the same deal...and asked his wife for an "open" marriage.

All while wrapping himself in the cloak of Christian values.

On the other side we have "Liberal" Obama who has been married to one woman faithfully for 20 years...while at the same time not inserting the word "God" "Morals" and "Christian" into every speech as if they were simply punctuation marks.

Honestly...it is like reality caused the "family values" crowd of the GOP to slip into some kind of denial coma.

We saw the start of it with Cain and the bitter, knee jerk reaction, "we don't care"...

You don't have to be a Democrat to see the irony and hypocracey that is infecting the GOP field this year...from values to flip-flopping...it is as if there is not a principle conservatives will not sacrifice to oust President Obama.

I would propose that once the conservative base abandons it's principles to favor an "electable" candidate, the election is already lost, which is another irony.

edit on 19-1-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-1-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I agree, hes not any different than Obama in principle or action!

There is only on man who has my vote, Ron Paul.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by captainnotsoobvious
reply to post by missvicky

I'm not so crazy as to vote for a Republican. My solution would be a LOT more parties, a lot less money in politics and a lot more careful regulation of the influence of business on government.

but in the meantime you'll vote for Obama!

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Thanks for that very clear and insightful post. It is like republicans adopted family values and have become just the opposite, and once they all out abandon family values to simply "win" they have already lost. As a christian, it saddens me that so much of this country is only told what they want to hear by sheep in wolves clothing.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by bacci0909

For one basic reason: rich folks tend to stay rich by making good investments. Paul is like betting on a 1000/1 race horse. If he paid off you'd be rich, but it's a VERY bad bet.

Besides, the people that invest in candidates do that to maintain a status quo, which as Chomsky describes, involves government subsidizing an elite ruling class. Shockingly, that's preferable to what Paul espouses which is government replaced by business, with businesses trending toward monopoly, and a tiny tiny fringe of people controlling almost all the wealth and power. Think of China.

In fact that not a bad analogy, believe it or not. If you replaced communism with an religious tinged Objectivism and you've got Paul's dream of America.

That's what Chomsky meant by Tyranny.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join