It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shadow People

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
my dead grandfather months before he died, dreamt of 2 shadow people coming to "take" him and got pissed at my grandmother IRL for letting them in (he was sound of mind, died young at 65 due to stupid doctor mis-treatment or else he woulda survived). Then it happened a few times but on his death bed he wasnt dreaming when he spoke of them.

Apparently they "ran" after him and said that they'll catch him eventually because he escaped them in his dream the first time.

Either way. "Things" that dont let themselves be known to me, generally have malefic (from my point of view) intentions. Some people argue angels arent in this category, but the thing is were taught from a young age that theyre benefactors and although they have their own thing to do, they're benevolent. Well, i didnt have any come up to me and talk but if one of them came NOT in my dream, id probably grab the mop to defend myself while i sht my pants.

Shadow people are interesting but as trustworthy as politicians imo. I personally think they're nor from a different dimension, its more like a different frequency than ours, but they can be seen by some of us at certain times or places, not because they want or need it, but because our frequencies are closely paralel to eachother and they can spike in between the lines at any given time (think of searching for radio signals and how many u pick up on the way to the station ur trying to listen to).

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
i have had many run ins with shadow people over my lifetime. These beings are malevolent, at least the one i have been seeing for the last 35 plus years. It would be classified as the hooded figure except the hood is not rounded, more like an old executioners hood. The one thing about it is its piercing red eyes.
My first experience happened when i was 4 yrs old in kalamazoo MI. My brother was on the bottom bunk fast asleep. I had woken up and couldnt fall back to sleep, the snoopy clock on the wall read 12:34. The bedroom door was open and the hall light was on. After I saw the clock I realized some one was standing in the doorway. I called out ''mommy? daddy?'' but there was no response except for the constant glare of those damned eyes. I quickly hid under my covers for some time too scared to scream. when i thought it had gone, I peeked to look at the doorway. but before i could get my eyes to the doorway, i saw its eyes behind the shadow of the door. there was no shape except the shadow from the door and its eyes. Thats when I started to scream. Icould then hear one of my parents coming down the hallway saying something. It didnt leave, only slid completely ( the eyes ) behind the door.
It was my mother who had come to comfort me. I told the above in wich she replied it was just a a bad dream. She even checked behind the door for me, and there was nothing there. Although still scared, I was comforted that she had checked behind the door.
As she left, she made sure the door was open completely. Again more comfort. I could hear her go down the hallway, into her room and shut her door. Thats when I was terrified to the point that I couldnt scream even though I was trying with all my might. The shadow was back, standing next to the door on the wall. This time it as slowly moving towards me. About halfway to the bed, from the wall, Itook in my second or third breath and to my relief a scream come out.
This time it was my father who was barreling down the hallway. My brother was now awake and screaming also. The shadow was retreating quickly back into the wall. By the time my father had gotten to my room, the shadow appeared smaller and smaller as if the wall was non existent and it was runnung backwards.
My father sternly assured me there was nothing in the room, closet, behind the door, under the bed or anywhere but in my head.
After that night, it would frequent whatever place we lived in, even to this day just not as frequent. 1 1/2 ago I confronted my father about that night and asked if he remembered it, he did. I showed him on the computer the hooded figure and told him that is what i saw that night and ever since. He looked at me and said he was sorry, he figured it was a bad dream, my imagination, or a plea for attention.
I have many more run ins, but this was my first. They real, and I always feel a sense of dread when i see it. Nobody has to believe any of this, it is just my word. Nobody will ever convince me otherwise due to the fact that every time I have seen it is burned into me, just like those eyes. Wish i could more proof.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I have a problem believing that you remember things in detail when you were 4 years old including the time the clock showed. But let's leave it at that.

As for shadow people, "hat man" or the black guys with the hat...i heard/read about them already in the mid 90s. They seem to be commonly also seen in conjunction with Alien abductions and sleep paralysis.

So i know the shadow people and "hat man" are not an invention by Art Bell because you can find references to them in all kinds of literature.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by buggy166

Interesting story about your Grandfather. Was it common that he had run ins with these entities?

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

You are correct about the sleep paralasys, as for the clock, it was digital and it read 1 2 3 4. Iknow its hard to believe my memory is that good, but that experience is something i will never forget. my father also remembered that night and was also amazed at how much detail i remembered. Again it is only my word.
As for the sleep paralysis, im still not convinced that is what it was. I was still able to move, only my vocal chords were froze. When i have had that happen, I wasnt able to move anything.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
More info on Shadow People and Shadow People types:

Types Of Shadow People

Human Shaped Shadow People:

The first and most common type is Shadow People are the human figure Shadow People. These entities are described as generally humanoid in shape and size. Anatomical details such as ears, eyes, nose, hair and hands are missing from the description of these experiences. When asked, witnesses usually attribute a male characteristic to these figures. The shadow form is semi-transparent and dark. The duration of the sighting of this type of Shadow Person varies among reports but is usually stated as between two and five seconds. In many cases witnesses describe the sense of being watched, looking up to see if someone is in the room and discovering the Shadow Person observing them. Once noticed, the Shadow Person seems to flee quite rapidly, sometimes traveling through walls or closed doors.

The Black Smoke or Black Mist Shadow Person:

The second most common type of Shadow Person reported is that of the black smoke-like or black mist experience. At first it may seem odd to label these entities as 'people', but in many cases witnesses that have encountered these beings have described them as having intelligent characteristics and reactions to events. Strangely, many of the encounters with the black smoke Shadow Beings have been associated with overwhelming feelings of dread and malevolence, much more so than the experiences related to the human shaped variety.

The Hat Man:

The Hat Man Shadow Person is a variation of the human-like described earlier. While the experiences and description of this type of entity closely matches that of the plain Shadow Person there are noticeable differences. The most notable and obvious being the inclusion of a wide brimmed hat in witness descriptions. The hat worn by this type of Shadow Person is described variably as having a brim the width of the entities shoulders. In most other instances the description of this entity mimics that of the human shaped variety. The Hat Man seems to exhibit a certain degree of curiosity towards witnesses involved in sighting it. There have been the occasional reports of dread and paralysis associated with this entity, but to a much lesser degree than the black smoke Shadow Being.

Shadow Animals:

This type of Shadow Being is much less common than the human shaped or smoke variety. Sightings of these entities have been describes vaguely animal like creatures of dark and semi transparent appearance. Many witnesses have described these beings as being roughly rabbit or guinea pig sized. These entities have been witnessed indoors and outside equally and exhibit some other worldly qualities of other types of Shadow Beings. Travelling through solid matter and un-natural speed are some of the traits ascribed to these beings.

The Peeking Shadow:

This phenomena has been described as a vaguely child sized, shadowy, human form which appears to peek around corners and quickly vanishes when noticed. Many who have witnessed these mysterious shadow forms describe seeing them through peripheral vision, out of the corner of the eye. Like other Shadow People, a sense of curiosity has been attached to these entities.

The Red Eyed Shadow:

Perhaps the most frightening of a Shadow People experiences is that of the red eyes shadow. This form of Shadow Person is described as having glowing red eyes which cause the viewer to feel paralysis and extreme terror. They have been described as the embodiment of pure evil.

Source: www.westsydneyparanormal.org...
edit on 18-1-2012 by Vrill because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Here is an example of what a fallen seraph/watcher can look like whilst it is imprisoned in the dark, gloomy and miserable world of Tartarus where many fallen b' nai Elohim are imprisoned.

img.abovetopsecret.com...

In the OP the hooded shadow looks like a Wraith. They are really nasty !!!

PS. How do you paste the actual image to the posting ?

@Vrill. From experience its possible to see the black mist one whilst at the start of a epileptic seizure.
The faceless hooded shadows can be seen in Tartarus. Their cloths are nothing more than flakes of rotting material.
The red eye ones are probably fallen seraphs.
edit on 18-1-2012 by Rapha because: Spelling

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Odd how this is becoming more common. I don't see them, but for some reason, those near me are starting to. It started a year or so ago with my grandson, seeing shadow people, being grabbed by the invisible and a red orb. Culminating with a full manifestation and an assault.

Then another close friend calls me and wants advice as she is being messed with by a shadow person and by this point I had researched the subject as when trying to confront the first on, I was torn out of body by the attempt and ended in blackness which is sort of a strange thing when you are out.

Since then, I have five people close to me with the experience plus one cat that watched one along with my niece and her daughter on evening. The events at least from my perspective are increasing in the last year and the previous 70 years of my life were free of them. Go figure.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123
I have a problem believing that you remember things in detail when you were 4 years old including the time the clock showed. But let's leave it at that.

I would not want to leave it at that although a little off topic.

I am under the impression that most persons have their earliest memories from very near their fourth birthday. I know I do; and I do not find anything odd about it.

Details: I was not yet four and a half-- the color and pattern of the motel carpet; the models of circus wagons in the downtown building window across the street, the bag of gold and silver "army men" medieval knights my father gave me-- and all from the same persistent memory (which my family cannot recall at all, so those and many others details do not come from any retelling).

I will say that several of my earliest memories are connected to the profound and/or traumatic just as the post to which you responded mentioned. And while no ghosts seem to be a part of this persistent memory, the paranormal does.

In my case, I have been able to confirm, by research, some of the details of that mysterious trip to San Antonio in 1964 but have been unable to find the meaning for the persistent memory which has been presenting itself-- in particular that in downtown San Antonio, the public library in 1964 also housed a huge collection of circus memorabilia.

I have a diagnosis of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder which the psychologist have reasoned (because of my presenting both symptoms and coping skills from a very young age) stems from a traumatic event or events at an extremely early age-- but family is not talking.

Therefore, my earliest memories, especially when they continually present themselves, suggest a possible trigger.

But a "shadow people" ghost story is needed here-- and so that will be in my next post...

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
We had one of these beings in our house growing up. My mother always knew it was there and never mentioned it to us until my sister and I began talking about seeing it. It would lurk in the bathrooms and upstairs hallway mostly, it was almost like it couldn't come downstairs. Eventually my mother called a priest because we all were sleeping in one room and it was getting ridiculous. We never saw it again after the priest came and did his thing.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Stop me if I told this before (I think I may have already written of this on ATS)...

I was working in a basement "data center" on the graveyard shift when I was in college. My supervisor was the Chief of Computer Operations and came in at eight each morning. Normally gregarious and energetic, "Rich" was unusually quiet and reserved one morning. When my shift ended, I asked him if he was alright. He told me this story:

In the wee hours of the morning, perhaps three o'clock, he woke with a start. He sat up in bed with a sense of something wrong-- perhaps an intruder. In the dark of his bedroom he saw a shadow, shaped like a man, moving across the room, slowly and silently. He watched it for some time-- it would seem to disappear into a wall as if going through it into the hallway on the other side, but then return the way it went.

He nudged his wife to wake her and saying only, "Look." she sat up and after a moment, she saw it, too; and they both sat in the bed, watching as it passed along the foot of the bed, and into the hallway through the wall, although the bedroom door was closed.

They looked over at the windows trying to reason out how the shadow might be caused by a moving light outside, but that provided no answer as the curtains were closed over mini-blinds and there was no light or shadow coming from the windows.

Very frightened, as they whispered to each other about what it might be the telephone beside the bed rang. Mind you, it is something like three in the morning. If I recall, Rich and his wife were Baptist-- but if not, I know they were some sort of denomination with "preachers" instead of "priests"-- and from a catholic background, what Rich told me next came to me as a pleasant surprise.

The conversation went something like this...

"Hello?" Rich answered, wary-- half expecting that the shadow in the room had caused it to ring. It was his church's head pastor.
"Rich? Are you and Ann alright?"
"I... I don't know."
"Is there something there with you?"
"I'm looking at it right now-- we both are."

Rich told the pastor what he was watching. The shadow continued its slow movements, and seemed not to react to anything Rich did. The pastor told Rich that he had been praying, and suddenly just KNEW that Rich and Ann were in trouble-- KNEW something was in the house. He asked Rich to hold the phone so the speaker was aimed at the shadow.

Rich told me that he did not hear all of the words, and did not remember specifics but that the pastor was yelling commands that spirit depart. To that the shadow again moved to the hallway, through the bedroom wall as before and soon came back, but this time toward the exterior wall and windows. As the pastor continued the exorcism via telephone, the shadow went through the windowed wall and did not return.

-------

I know a catholic exorcist. Years ago he told me that because of the tendency of some persons to misuse and misunderstand such work, needs almost always came through the bishop who knew which of his clergy had experience and ability in such things.

I have a had a passing interest in such things from time to time for reasons I will not go into now; but wish to point out that I ran across some exorcism material recently which stated as well known from many experiences that the demonic enter a dwelling using exterior doors and windows-- closed or not.

It is for that reason that during a House Blessing (a mild exorcism) and the fuller almost combative exorcisms, much attention is paid to doors and windows as "seals" and "thresholds"-- slinging holy water at one and driving all to and then out another, "sealing" all others as they are passed.

In that source, I read that when a haunting or demonic presence has been ongoing, a Cross or Crucifix being placed so as to be seen if entering through a threshold location has been effective in preventing re-entry. I can easily apply that teaching and practice to my friends story, and find the metaphysics of that ripe for speculation.

-------

Just to make it clear: The story is true-- although I was not a witness to the events. That being so, my recounting of it is my own work and all rights to the story remain those of the author. And with that said, I support the need to prevent the work of others from being used without permission of and/or compensation to the copyright owner-- but I oppose the current proposed legislation to punish web sites for the illegal acts of their users.

Oppose SOPA and PIPA.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I remember seeing one when i was younger. I was about 8 years old, my school was having a sleep over party. I saw the shadow person down at the corner at the end of a hall. It stayed there for a few seconds, not knowing what it was i went to go check. I didnt see anything.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Frira

Nice story there. Thanks for sharing

edit on 18-1-2012 by Vrill because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rapha

PS. How do you paste the actual image to the posting ?

* Click on "Tools" above. A drop down menu will appear.
* Click on "ATS Uploads." Your uploaded images will appear.
* Click on the image you want-- the image and options for its use will appear.
* Select all of the text in the box under "Use in a post." and copy it.

It will look something like,

(pic)dl4ef4c5fe.jpg(/pic)

...but using brackets [ ] instead of parentheses.

* In your post, paste that text while you type-- right where you want it-- and it will show.

Here is one that was found taped up inside the door of the locker belonging to the HAL 9000:

And if you reply to any post using the "Quote" button, you will be able to see the mark-up tags used in the post to which you are replying for whatever nifty and useful thing that has been done.

You didn't ask,but someday you would have...

The trick for videos from YouTube is similar, but messes everyone up the first time:

* Click on the video YouTube button above the box where you are creating a post, and it will pop up a little box asking for the YouTube number. That seems obvious if you know YouTube...

However, ATS only takes the number-- not the full URL.

* So, go to the YouTube video you want.
* Under where the video plays, click "Share"
* It will highlight the text you are to use, like, h++p://youtu.be/bHxDuccDxVk
...and copy that.

But ATS only wants that last part: bHxDuccDxVk
* ...so take out everything before the YouTube "number" (which is rarely, if ever, just a number).

Here is an example (of a bug crawling on the lens) called "Shadow ghost caught on tape."

Now-- we expect neat-o images and gee-wiz videos from you, now that you know how.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vrill

Interesting story about your Grandfather. Was it common that he had run ins with these entities?

no. first time ever happened was a few months before he died. I was 12-13 so i didnt get why he died but my mother told me he had that procedure with a tube down ur throat with a camera? anyways, that gave him an infection, doctors at the hospital treated it as nothing special and within 2 months he was on his death bed.

He had this dream a few months before he had that procedure. Thats what i gathered from my grandma, and he asked her to make some prayers for him and the house since she started going to church all of a sudden the yr before (she was the furthest thing from a church goer before, then just out of the blue, she read a book from a friend and started going more and more).

Thats about all i know.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Thanks for sharing

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Nice... I have been searching for pictures depicting them and the pictures 6 and 7 are so identical that they brought back some memories...

Here's my hopefully brief story:

I used to wake up without a reason and see it at night (around 3 am) sometimes at the doorway looking at me? or my brother (couldn't tell) other times it was sat alongside with my brother in his bed. It didnt scare me, but in retrospective it was quite a freaky view haha... to give you an idea, picture 7 was exactly what i used to see; a pitch black humanoid faceless figure.

The last one I saw was a woman, she was in praying position at the foot of my brother's bed, weird thing is I could clearly see her shape, hair, and even the dress she was wearing.
The event took me for suprise and scared me to death even though I just saw her from the back. I couldn't sleep that night from the fear, and I remember being attacked while covering myself in the bed sheets... Although I'm not quite sure if the attack really happened.. Maybe it was an effect of my fear and lack of sleep.

Ever since that event(10 years ago) I never saw them again, although sometimes whiIe sleeping I could felt how someone would sat in my bed along my side...

Lately I have been waking up unconciously at midnight, like I used to, but I can't see them anylonger, though my dogs sleep with me and sometimes they start to growl at something in the hallway...
If they are still here or want to make contact I think they are being "scared" by my dogs. One of these days I'm planning to meditate and sleep at night without the dogs in my room to see if I can see something... Wish me luck haha!

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by AEthereal

Its interesting that you mention 3am with your experiences. That is known as the witching hour among Paranormal research circles. So if anything is going to happen, its usually around that time.

Nice story too, thanks for sharing

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamingawake
One of my paranormal favs, I have a book(partially done) that I am writing on them. I have a few experiences with them. One in particular, wasn't just myself that seen it. Thanks much for sharing!
edit on 17-1-2012 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

Ahhhh the shadow people.....

I have had many, many experiences with these things. Never pleasant. It started when I was a baby, actually was one of my first memories. They persisted in waking me up in the middle of the night and scaring the crap out of me for the duration of my child hood. Once I was older, it became more of an annoyance, and I just started to ignore them.

For the longest time, I thought I was the only one who experienced it. Until doing research and realizing that this is a very common global wide phenomenon. The worst of them by far is the hat man.

Compared to the hooded, or other types of shadows that simply spy on you, then when noticed hide, or disappear, the hat man actually seems to want to be seen.

The first time I saw him, I was about 10 years old and had just laid down to go to bed. I used to always sleep with my window next to my bed wide open so I could lay there and gaze at the stars and the moon. This night I was just glancing at the moon when I saw a shape of a man with a hat walk by my window. I figured it was maybe a shadow of a neighbor or something, so I wasnt too alarmed. Then it walked by again this time in the opposite direction and I got a good look at it. It was about a foot outside my window, had a hat and an old looking face with a goatee, I could make out what looked like a sort of long coat or cape.

Now I was really freaked out. Someone was on the side of my house! I sat up in bed, trying to think of what to do when it walked by a third time....this time stopping halfway past my window and looked right at me, smiling the most hideously evil smile I have ever seen in my life. I was frozen with fear. I finally jumped out of bed and ran to tell my parents. They could see how scared I was and my Dad grabbed a bat and went out to check it out. No one was there.

It gives me goosebumps just thinking about it.

After that, I had to always sleep with my blinds shut. On two occasions I heard tapping at my window, but was too scared to check. There weren't any branches or trees nearby.

I've seen the hat man several times since then, at various places, and once even with a friend who saw the exact same thing.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vrill
reply to post by AEthereal

Its interesting that you mention 3am with your experiences. That is known as the witching hour among Paranormal research circles. So if anything is going to happen, its usually around that time.

Nice story too, thanks for sharing

I agree, 3am is another problem I've dealt with for most my life.

Whenever I wake up for no reason in the middle of the night, its always around 3am. Sometimes I wake up just feeling dread, when I used to see shadows frequently, it was generally around that time.

Other strange paranormal things that have happened to me, have also coincided with the 3am time slot.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join