It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Georgia Republican Who Wanted Drug Testing For Welfare Recipients Gets DUI

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I love it when the tables turn.

The politician who believes that the unemployed/disabled/welfare recipients are the irresponsible ones is caught being irresponsible and not able to make proper decisions.

I'm sure tax payers would've preferred he used his salary to hail a taxi than drive drunk.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by TomServo
How do you know he isn't on welfare?
Answer: Did you even bother to read? I dont think they allow District representatives in a State House of Reps to be on welfare. He probably make more than anyone on this blog.

He did fail a drug test, it's called a breathalyzer.
Answer: Perhaps... however, the difference is that the test he failed was for a Legal drug. Regardless of what you and I think, alcohol is legal. mj, crack, heroine, lsd etc are all illegal. So, he did not fail a test for an illegal drug.... and he's not asking for govt handouts.

Mary is legal if perscribed
Many legal drugs out there actually, but if used the wrong way, becomes illegal
What he did was take a legal drug, then snipped the rules and made it illegal. its a philosophical argument to be had overall, but this was in its essence a legal problem involving a drug (alcohol)...which can be likened to his hypocritical viewpoint..not to say there is no merit to his stance of course, just a good bit of irony at him in his position and the details of his charge

He abused a drug, he got tagged, he should lose his public funding (aka, his job)..he should step down to make a point that he practices what he preaches.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537

Originally posted by ldyserenity

I dont see your angle with this post. He broke the law and is paying the price. I dont see him asking me to foot his bill. There is the difference. Completely different from the sopa story. He is not on welfare, and he hasnt failed a drug test. I dont remember the welfare screening having anything to do with alcohol anyway...
Invalid point!

You need to go back to school then...seeing as how we pay well, Georgia Citizens DO pay him his paycheck...Simple American Government 101...

DOH!
So indeed the State does "Foot his bill".
edit on 17-1-2012 by ldyserenity because: fix emoticon

He is also giving us a service, what are welfare recipients giving us? They are just leaching off us, the GA Republican has a job, how do you not see the difference here...
edit on 17-1-2012 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

Really? They are giving us a service? Not in my opinion they provide service to lobbiests and corporations, so they do not represent me...Since I am neither a lobbiest or a corporation...tell me the last time they represented our interests? Please. This ought to be good.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Sorry, not seeing the hypocrisy. Booze is legal. If he had been under the influence of something else THEN there would be hypocrisy.

Many things are legal when used properly.

This was used improperly, therefore illegal, hense the article and this thread.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Sorry, not seeing the hypocrisy. Booze is legal. If he had been under the influence of something else THEN there would be hypocrisy.

I bet he's never been tested but I can say with 100% knowledge that they (Politicians) are the biggest Coke heads on Earth...they just don't get caught why? Because there is no said testing for them. Why do you think they can't get rid of the drugs out of our country? It is because Politicians need their fix, they can't have their suppliers being hauled to jail (which I may add are the top chain big distributers) why do you think the only ones tossed in Jail are the low level with maybe 20 ozs which is the minimal they need to have to get locked up for a long time?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

I dont see your angle with this post. He broke the law and is paying the price. I dont see him asking me to foot his bill. There is the difference. Completely different from the sopa story. He is not on welfare, and he hasnt failed a drug test. I dont remember the welfare screening having anything to do with alcohol anyway...
Invalid point!

he is a public official, basically living on the same thing that feeds people on welfare. He should be subject to everything people on welfare are to

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by amazed

Invalid point!

He get's his salary from taxes, he is not on welfare, but he definitely get's his money from the exact same place as those who are on welfare.

All politicians should be required to have drug testing and if they fail, then they don't get paid AND they lose all health care benefits, which we also pay for.

Harm None
Peace
edit on 17-1-2012 by amazed because: added another point

Imo, that is stretching it even further than the case at hand. However, I might be inclined to go along with that as well.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537

Invalid point!

You need to go back to school then...seeing as how we pay well, Georgia Citizens DO pay him his paycheck...Simple American Government 101...

DOH!

He is also giving us a service, what are welfare recipients giving us? They are just leaching off us, the GA Republican has a job, how do you not see the difference here...

Really? They are giving us a service? Not in my opinion they provide service to lobbiests and corporations, so they do not represent me...Since I am neither a lobbiest or a corporation...tell me the last time they represented our interests? Please. This ought to be good.

You're absoutely right, all politicians are evil and NEVER do anything good for the people of this country

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Invalid point!

DOH!

Regardless, he earns his paycheck... Common Sense 101. Go back and read my other posts.
Doh!

Also refer to my most recent response to whether a DUI should carry larger repercussions for publicly funded office holders. The point is, inflated as his salary may be, he is not asking for govt 'handouts'. He has a job! The bill pertains to people on Welfare. Perhaps a similar bill should be implemented for public office holders, but that is a different discussion. Stay on topic!

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

I bet he's never been tested but I can say with 100% knowledge that they (Politicians) are the biggest Coke heads on Earth...they just don't get caught why? Because there is no said testing for them. Why do you think they can't get rid of the drugs out of our country? It is because Politicians need their fix, they can't have their suppliers being hauled to jail (which I may add are the top chain big distributers) why do you think the only ones tossed in Jail are the low level with maybe 20 ozs which is the minimal they need to have to get locked up for a long time?

LOL...Stereotype much?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I didn't say he wasn't a potential felon, I said he's not a hypocrite. Booze is legal.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

I didn't say he wasn't a potential felon, I said he's not a hypocrite. Booze is legal.

Yes but law says DUI=Illegal...
Therefore use of legal drug illegally.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Not use, but more so the act to follow the use... It's not like he was driving around with a beer in his hand

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Alright... Lets settle this once and for all...
Suppose your friend asks you for $100 so he can pay his bills. Later that week, you go to his house and he's sittin there smokin a blunt from the quarter he just bought. Next month he asks for the same $100 to help pay his bills. Will you give him the money?

The only caveat: If the money was to help him pay for his medical mj, which he has a prescription for, Fine!
edit on 17-1-2012 by TomServo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by TomServo

He earns his paycheck? That's your opinion, my opinion is not a dang one of em ever earned their paycheck... JMO...and I am adamant about it, so don't try to change what Is the way I feel about these people. It's like trying to analyze and fix a racist cannot be done.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Suppose your friend asks you for $100 so he can pay his bills. Later that week, you go to his house and he's sittin there smokin a blunt from the quarter he just bought. Next month he asks for the same $100 to help pay his bills. Will you give him the money?

Fine if he shares. They usually do.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

The point......... missed. He wasn't promoting the testing of welfare recipients for alcohol. Was he in the wrong to drink and drive? Yes, if convicted. That doesn't make him a hypocrite.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

The only caveat: If the money was to help him pay for his medical mj, which he has a prescription for, Fine!

In this scenario, the friend would have never gotten $100 from me...I would have told him/her to go apply for welfare.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

reply to post by TomServo

He earns his paycheck? That's your opinion, my opinion is not a dang one of em ever earned their paycheck... JMO...and I am adamant about it, so don't try to change what Is the way I feel about these people. It's like trying to analyze and fix a racist cannot be done.

Please keep up with the conversation.... Earlier post

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muttley2012

In this scenario, the friend would have never gotten $100 from me...I would have told him/her to go apply for welfare.

Once again... Swwwwing, and a Miss.
You should be equally irritated by that. Its still your tax dollars that are funding it. Even then, if i saw a friend on welfare (i have em) and saw them buying illegal drugs with the money (which some do), isnt your response "hey, dont you have more important sht to buy?"

Coincidentally, i authored a post about this back in August:Welfare Drug Testing

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join