It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange sounds in Mexico?

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Had to sign up as well to comment, I've read through the whole thread and watched most of the videos.

First of all I need to echo a previous poster who said that the sound in this thread is much different than the "hum" which is definitely real. The "hum" is/was known to occur in Kokomo Indiana near where I live as well as many other places, and I've heard about it happening years ago. This one is a periodic bellowing horn sound with some metallic thrown in.

To me the hypothesis that this is the sound of a massive scale depressurization is most plausible, I've heard various commercial scale exhaust vents and some can create trumpeting effects. (much to the annoyance of those in the area)

If there was a large venting of a "DUMB" type facility and underground tunnels it could undoubtedly be heard for miles, thus making it hard to determine the source.

Now, I also agree that some/most of the videos are faked. The analysis I saw was done well.

The question is, which one or two are real, if any, and who created the fakes and why?

I postulate that one or two are real, it is a DUMB and/or tunnel venting off, and the fakes are created to look JUST real enough to create a decent amount of online OMGWTF! yet easily proven as fake, just to discredit and bury the whole thing.

We know that there are a lot of online Bots on social media, wouldn't be too hard to whip up some fake youtube accounts as well.

What I want to know is, WTF is the hum?

This thread is fascinating and the site is awesome. Gives me all kinds of good ideas for my books, too.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
It's the first trumpet from the book of revelations. No doubt in my mind.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shugo
reply to post by DrakeDarc

The link you provided does not show any unexplained events. All either had an explanation, were from a non-viable news source, or were not even in relation to the topic at hand. Please provide some actual links to credible news sources.

Here ya go..."The sounds heard by a National T.V. audience and the people at the Tampa Bay Rays game the evening of Aug 23, 2011, the day the earthquake hit the East Coast of the United States."

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainNemo
It's the first trumpet from the book of revelations. No doubt in my mind.

cool story bro

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
It sounds like something that broke out of it's chains after 10,000+ years and is really pissed

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by streetsnipes

I already gave a link to a discussion about this event, it was feedback from the speaker system after the stadium was struck by lightning.

reply to post by Badkro

I like how that video clips the part about the explanation:

Update: Rays field reporter Todd Kalas reports the noise was feedback from speakers that were affected when Tropicana Field took a direct lightning strike.

www.sportsgrid.com...

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerryznv

Originally posted by LaughingatHumanity
It's the exact same sound from multiple vids with slight modification. The birds are the same, the sequence is the same, the timing is the same. Sorry to burst your bubble but someone is having fun trying to make viral videos. Such a phenomena would never replicate itself so perfectly from location to location.

Really...how about this one that was posted?

I don't hear any birds...but I do hear his dogs...how do you explain this one based on you post?

You can't...your logic does not apply to this one!

His dog is freaking out pretty good. I heard bird in other videos go nuts. If this is a hoax, then it is a very elaborate one. If I had to make a guess: The reason all the "sounds" sound the same are because they are the same sounds being made from the same thing...question is what is that thing? I read about 15 pages and I didn't see anyone mention the recent solar flare activity...

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Here's another one at a baseball game. www.youtube.com...

The desperate attempts at claiming these sounds are fake is really pathetic. People who have not taken video have reported (here on ATS) the same thing. Are they all lying? Are ANY of them lying?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I don't believe it's anything evil. But it helps me unbderstand why we should fear God. I think it's awesome.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

I already gave a link to a discussion about this event, it was feedback from the speaker system after the stadium was struck by lightning.

That's what the game announcer said at the beginning. How would he possibly know this -- he said "I think..." meaning he's just guessing...groping for answers...

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Visiting ESB

Thus the reason it was an update which took place AFTER the game?
I'm afraid you're reaching quite a bit there.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSeraph
Some audio analysis is provided here:

It's a fake-tastic fakefest

You call that analysis?!! You must be kidding. There's no scientific measurements/analysis there -- only the opinion of the writer who says things like "does definitely not sound like it’s coming from the ground. And a high pitched, hissy, sound definitely does not feel “like the ground was shaking”. When you speed it up, it sounds a bit like air escaping from something, or blowing over something. Also, who would record a video like that? This is stupid."

Fail.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   

reply to post by Visiting ESB

There are facts:

1. The people in the videos act perfectly calm and collected about what is occuring in the video they are shooting.
2. The people in the video are not actively asking others for clarification of their claims.
3. The people filmed on the videos act completely oblivious to the supposed noises which we are supposed to be hearing.
4. These are occuring in populated areas with no media reports, as in the media is not reporting ANYTHING on these events.
5. The same populated areas are not blooming with gossip in regards to such events.

I said it before, I apparently must say it again. The same arguement that if it was viral marketing, it would be on the news, can be used against your arguments of it being real. If it was, it'd be on the news.

If they were completely oblivious why would thy record the video in the first place

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
This is the noise in the sky that I managed to record in May last year, it lasted for around 3 hours then nothing, gone. Its a shame its so winy but you dont have to listen to much of the vid to get the idea, in fact just listen just at around the 1 second point, at that screeching sound, is it the same noise that has appeared in these new video recordings?

Whatever it is, the one I heard and recorded freaked me out, even with the strong winds that night it was loud

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
No one here is openly proving it's fake, just stating reasons why the info others present must be wrong. You can prove these people's sources wrong all day long it won't debunk the phenomena

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonFire1024

Originally posted by jerryznv

Originally posted by LaughingatHumanity
It's the exact same sound from multiple vids with slight modification. The birds are the same, the sequence is the same, the timing is the same. Sorry to burst your bubble but someone is having fun trying to make viral videos. Such a phenomena would never replicate itself so perfectly from location to location.

Really...how about this one that was posted?

I don't hear any birds...but I do hear his dogs...how do you explain this one based on you post?

You can't...your logic does not apply to this one!

His dog is freaking out pretty good. I heard bird in other videos go nuts. If this is a hoax, then it is a very elaborate one. If I had to make a guess: The reason all the "sounds" sound the same are because they are the same sounds being made from the same thing...question is what is that thing? I read about 15 pages and I didn't see anyone mention the recent solar flare activity...

I noticed the animals freaking out, too. Animlas are much more sensetive than people. That poor dog is shaking his ears around and the freakin' rabbits are standing up! I did a google map of this location and within a block there are train tracks, within a half mile there is an airport, and within a mile there is a refinery looking thing. However, I also live near an airport, train & refinery and I've never heard this hellish screech before.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

If you havent played Battlefield 2 Campaign then check this out. Skip to 3:22

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Hey Guys I'm a big Gamer and have done some looking up of these videos of the eerie sound. While most people here say it sounds like the War of Worlds tripods or Cloverfield aliens, or even those who believe it has to do with pole shift and space. First thing that popped in my head when i heard these sounds was the video Game Battlefield 2. CHECK THIS OUT sounds exactly like the sound in the videos (this noise in the game is suppose to be a scalar weapon, Maybe this is a hint in the video game) Please skip to 3:26 then its gets wierd at 9:12 of the link provided.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 18-1-2012 by Mateo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I know what it is!

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
whilst I am no forensic audio technician I will be running these through my modest setup. I dont see the logic in the arguments stating "they sound the same so its a hoax" if these events are related then why on earth wouldn't the sound be similar?

this certainly seems a very close approximation of the bluebeam concept, it increases interest in noises from the sky and by setting this ball rolling early in 2012 it leaves people guessing as the the reasons and would they therefore be more inclined to accept the "religious revelation" explanation? I remain sceptical but time will tell (just remember when it happens, dont look into the light!)

my concerns about the viral media campaign theory is this is an extremely complex attempt, far more than any campaign I am aware of (I've worked on viral campaigns with marketing agencies) I can understand people saying it resembles a viral campaign with examples like blair witch and cloverfield but this has been going on for a couple of years now, viral marketing is designed to generate interest for an upcoming movie, set it off too early and you loose the effect (people tend to forget things) I've never heard of a marketing campaign 2 years long?

I will agree that most likely a percentage of the videos posted are just jumping on the bandwagon (its a sad fact that people feel the need to lie, just to get attention) but that shouldn't detract from the investigation.

I will attempt to identify any exact duplicates and post comparisons but lets keep focused and attempt to figure this one out

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join