It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dr. Paul's foreign Policy is Dangerous

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   

ron thinks iran has every right to have nukes I'd say that is dangerous
reply to post by syrinx high priest

It's interesting that Obama and all the candidates other than Ron Paul believe his position is DANGEROUS, but we seem not to care that Pakistan has nuclear weapons, and no one REALLY believes that they are a true friend of the US.
Let's say Iran gets a nuclear weapon. What will they do with it? Anyone with half a brain knows that if they launch it against Israel or the US, that would be the END of Iran. Worried about proliferation? Well, maybe you should be looking at Pakistan and what has been going on in the black market there regarding nuclear weapons. Remember, Pakistan hid Al Qaeda and Bin Laden for at least 10 years, perhaps more, and no one seems to speak out regarding their nuclear capability.

How do you think Iran feels, knowing we have thousands of nuclear weapons? Put the shoe on the other foot. Furthermore, Iran hasn't invaded or bombed anyone lately(they were at war with Iraq and Sadam, the same country and leader we waged war against). On the other hand, we have invaded Iraq, invaded Afghanistan, bombed the hell out of Libya, supported a Muslim brotherhood revolution in Egypt, and waged limited wars against several other African countries in the last 4 years. Now who should REALLY be afraid of WHOM?

Ron Paul understands all of this.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Dr. Paul, as per his own record, is incorruptible.

Paul has no record.

If he were ever to get into office, he too would be forced to succumb to the whims of TPTB. As did Obama.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Hendrix92TheUniverse

The graph in the video is well timed with the music and all lol...

What an insane fact about the suicide rate surpassing combat related deaths....

That means that our soldiers in our military are more likely to kill themselves than be killed by an outside threat...

Makes you wonder...

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sablicious

Paul has no record.

If he were ever to get into office, he too would be forced to succumb to the whims of TPTB. As did Obama.

Please explain by what means anyone can force Obama to do anything. All they can do is get him unelected. If Ron Paul gets elected it would prove they have no power over him.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye

Yeah his foreign policy is dangerous all right.... to the profits of the military industrial complex that is! The attacks are only going to get worse from here on out...

Hopefully, Ron Paul could use JFK's route to handling the military industrial complex. He changed their mission from focussing on Viet-Nam to focussing on the moon. I don't remember anybody getting layed off. It may have bit him in the ass in the long run, but thats an entirely different thread. I believe we need to get back into space, the moon, Mars, asteroid belt, on to the moons of Jupiter. Andromeda!

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
If we would not be the policemen of the world then it'd leave a vacuum.

Someone would step in.

Would that be preferable?

The world is broke. Nobody would be stepping in.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   

I dont blame them for wantin to die, they have to murder innocent people all because someone tells them to. I mean sh*t I want to kill myself because this world is so fu**ed up feels like im surrounded by morons who think war is peace among many other things.
edit on 15-1-2012 by Evanzsayz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hendrix92TheUniverse
Dr. Paul's foreign Policy is Dangerous, according to the so called main stream media, and other contenders for the oval office.

Dr. Paul is out of touch with his party and the American people, I hear this so often on television.

Dr. Paul doesn't want a strong national defense, another lie that blasts my ears daily.

Well the people responsible for defending our freedom, overwhelmingly support Dr. Paul.

That is not a sound bite, it is a demonstrable FACT!

If this video doesn't wake people up to the corruption of the U.S. Govt., then I don't know what will.

Right now the U.S. military is in an epidemic of suicides amongst their ranks.

Over 480 active military committed suicide in 2011, compared to the over 460 members that died from combat related injuries.

THIS IS THE SECOND YEAR IN A ROW, THAT THE NUMBER OF SUICIDES HAS SURPASSED THE NUMBER OF COMBAT RELATED DEATHS.

thebuddhistblog.blogspot.com...

www.wsws.org...

"For every death, at least five members of the armed forces were hospitalised for attempting to take their life. According to the Navy Times, 2 percent of Army; 2.3 percent of Marines and 3 percent of Navy respondents to the military’s own survey of 28,536 members from all branches reported they had attempted suicide at some point. The “Defense Survey of Health-Related Behaviors” also found “dangerous levels” of alcohol abuse and the illicit use of drugs such as pain killers by 12 percent of personnel."

abcnews.go.com...

These numbers are astounding to me.

Couple this with the fact that most military support Dr. Paul, than any other candidate, and what we have is a cry for help from the military to support them.

If you are a true American patriot, I would ask you to support the military, Bring them home, by supporting Ron Paul.

Dr. Paul would end the needless wars, unlike Obama, who said he would, but instead decided to expand the wars.

edit on 15-1-2012 by Hendrix92TheUniverse because: additional links

edit on 15-1-2012 by Hendrix92TheUniverse because: (no reason given)

This should be viral!

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   

They're right, his foreign policies are dangerous... for the corrupt military industrial complex and the companies/politicians who profit from war financially or politically. Who else is it dangerous for? No one.

I'm pretty sure we'd be a lot safer if we weren't constantly bombing/invading countries. I'd like to ask my fellow Americans, who are brainwashed by the warhawk govt and media that has ruled our country for years, this. Canada, Australia, Japan, etc are all big nations, who are not invading and bombing countries across the world and don't have military bases all over the world. Yet, they are perfectly safe, are they not? No one is attacking them. Their foreign policy hasn't been "dangerous" for them. So please, tell me, why must we spend trillions on invading and bombing and bullying the world? We can bring our troops home, save a lot of money, and be safe just like all those other peaceful countries are.
edit on 16-1-2012 by darkest4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   
I hope Ron Paul bears a microphone at all times, so he got evidence when someone threatens him etc

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

During my three decades of service, I questioned everything under the sun. I always tried to question intelligibly though, not emotionally. That is the way I was taught by very wise NCOs and Officers.

Sometimes I didn’t agree with the mission, but went anyway, just to try to keep my Joes alive. I could have been relieved of my duties and the responsibility would have been given to someone possibly less competent, but the mission would have gone on anyway.

Im not quite sure what the difference is here.
You question, yet you still followed orders?
Whats the difference?

How is that different than following orders blindly?
Only that you knew what you were doing?
Be it legal or otherwise?
Isn't that worse?

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Yeah, It never ceases to amaze me at the audacity of the MSM such as CNN,CNBC, MSNBC,FOX etc. (you know anything with an acronym owned by the gov't) how they tell eveyone what "the American People are saying" despite what the internet says the American people are REALLY saying. Such Liars.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   
the people who blatantly disrespect the US constitution call RP dangerous

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   

If you are a true American patriot, I would ask you to support the military, Bring them home, by supporting Ron Paul.

First, I agree with everything you've said, but I would caution categorizing yourself and others as true American patriots. This is the same type of language the media uses to help put nice labels on everyone such as republican, democrat, and un-American. You are probably much more than a true American patriot. They use this type of language as a weapon to marginalize people and we have to stop that. Just a minor criticism on my part, other than that, well done. How about a true defender of humanity and human rights that transcends borders, race, religion, and political affiliation!

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Apparently Iran already has nuclear weapons. Just like Israel already unofficially has them.

If they were going to start attacking with them they would have done so long ago. If anything, Iran and Israel being armed will keep them from attacking each other, much like the Soviet Union and America during the cold war. As long as they both understand it's mutually assured destruction.

If a country is smart enough to go nuclear, they're also smart enough to be responsible. I'm sure the Russians will work with them as well.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by FoosM

Originally posted by TDawgRex

During my three decades of service, I questioned everything under the sun. I always tried to question intelligibly though, not emotionally. That is the way I was taught by very wise NCOs and Officers.

Sometimes I didn’t agree with the mission, but went anyway, just to try to keep my Joes alive. I could have been relieved of my duties and the responsibility would have been given to someone possibly less competent, but the mission would have gone on anyway.

Im not quite sure what the difference is here.
You question, yet you still followed orders?
Whats the difference?

How is that different than following orders blindly?
Only that you knew what you were doing?
Be it legal or otherwise?
Isn't that worse?

I think what he is trying to say as that it's better to have people in the military who are mindful of right/wrong, excessive force, the uniform code of military justice, and to know when NOT to follow an unlawful order. Sometimes it may be hard to see the big picture through all the layers of the onion and compartmentalization but I would rather have someone like TdawgRex in the ranks than someone who is ignorant to all of the stuff I mentioned above. There in lies the dilemma, do you tough it out and do the best you can with what you have or get out and possibly let an ignorant and dangerous person take your position? You would be surprised how many intelligent and compassionate people are in the military.

Forgot to add something. There will always be what I call the "glass parking lot crowd" who think the answer to everything is yeeehaawww turn everything into a glass parking lot but those folks are the minority in the military from my experience. There are far, far more "glass parking lot" people in the civilian world because they don't understand war and listen to people like Bill'O who are callous and ready to fight as long as they don't have to do anything.
edit on 16-1-2012 by hooberson3 because: added something

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Ron Paul just thinks that letting Iran have nukes is preferable to bombing it back to the stone age.

Considering how they treat women and homosexuals over there ... and how they trump up charges against people and then claim those people were at 'war with God' .. I'd say they (the Iranian government and Imams) are pretty close to the stone age mentality as it is.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by L00kingGlass
Apparently Iran already has nuclear weapons. Just like Israel already unofficially has them.

If they were going to start attacking with them they would have done so long ago. If anything, Iran and Israel being armed will keep them from attacking each other, much like the Soviet Union and America during the cold war. As long as they both understand it's mutually assured destruction.

If a country is smart enough to go nuclear, they're also smart enough to be responsible. I'm sure the Russians will work with them as well.

I think another factor why so many countries want nuclear programs is because they know if they don't have the ability to defend themselves they are at risk for the U.S. and other opportunists to screw with them. With decades of slander, sanctions, and war, both traditional and economic, it is no wonder why the USA went from the guys in the white hats to the guys in the black hats. If you would care to learn more here is a very interesting book written in 1957 that outlines the very crisis that we face today. I like this book because it's hard for the modern day spinsters to discount something that was written in 1957. There goes the middle east

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Considering how they treat women and homosexuals over there ... and how they trump up charges against people and then claim those people were at 'war with God' .. I'd say they (the Iranian government and Imams) are pretty close to the stone age mentality as it is.

I have to admit, I'm not sure exactly how women and homosexuals are treated in Iran. As far as their treatment goes I think the USA has done a pretty good job of establishing equality first for women and it is improving greatly for homosexuals without any kind of foreign intervention. This is part of growth as a country and it is for them to decide if they want equality or not. When Jehovah witnesses show up at your door step how eager are you to invite them in and discuss how you are willing to let them change your beliefs? Do you not think there are wonderful and talented people in Iran? Did you know the first recorded account of people brewing beer was in Iran? Do you think their treatment of women and homosexuals warrants a foreign country to invade them? China and Russia have nukes, why aren't we going after them? I'm sure there are countries that treat their women and homosexuals far worse than Iran. Lets talk about how we are going to bring forced equal rights onto those countries via war and sanctions. Sounds reasonable doesn't it?
edit on 16-1-2012 by hooberson3 because: seriously messed up the quote

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I agree to the thread title. Isolating america from the rest of the world is indeed just plain dangerous.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join