It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marines Humiliating Dead Taliban Insurgents.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

Uh oh arm chair psychologist everyone, look out!

I feel sad for my brothers who died. For my friends I've seen get killed. Not for any mother #er that tries killing me or my friends.

Never found it funny before I had the experience. It changes people.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain
Sure urinating upon the dead can be seen as extremely rude or disrespectful.

I understand that.

Seriously though? Those guys were probably shooting at them 20 minutes prior to the urinating. Who's to know if those peed on corpse guys didn't blow up one of the unit's men days prior or that morning?

You cannot look at the urinating by itself. The men there are just that. They're men. They have emotions and see stuff you you are lucky to not have seen. You cannot stand high and mighty and declare what proper behavior is while they get shot at and you post on ATS.

Just saying. You have to earn the right to declare what's acceptable in that situation. Unless you're one of those guys, you cannot say anything. Keep it to yourself.

Besides.............aren't there actual concerns to become angry about? I mean, other than a few corpses with urine on em? Really?

Why are they there then? there is no conscription or draft whatever you want to call it.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

No, there is no courage in signing and pledging to the Military, and then dropping your gun in protest. That is called many other things. AWOL, Treason, Failure to obey Lawful Command and so on.

yeah according to the same people who tell you to go and fight these wars.

oh the hypocrisy.

if you´re actually man enough to admit you´re fighting an unjust war and drop your weapon.

you´re a traitor, you broke the law, you´re nog longer a patriot and all that hypocritical nonsense.

no law is above your free will.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by apodictic

I asked this on page 2 but it got lost in your guys' pissing contest. Where are the so-called taliban fighters' weapons? Why is one holding a water bottle but no gun?

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by kn0wh0w

no law is above your free will.

Tell that to the people who make and enforce the laws.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

desecration of corpses could be considered a war crime.

United States Marine Corps is investigating online video

Well when found out who they are...they will get what is coming to them.

The replies that say it is nothing are just the typical response from the right wing side.

Now I am not a nice guy, never claimed to be...but to disrespect someone like this as they are dead is cowardly.

So what if the Taliban do the same or not...to lower yourself to another's level is childish...you people need to grow up and stop comparing life like you are back in the school yard.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Citing that one comment on LL:

"People do ####ed things when they kill each other"

Regardless, i can understand the marines..it's easy to talk about "respect" and things from your chair at home on the internet. I have respect for the MARINE, not for the insurgents - even if is not "morally correct" what the Marines did in the video. But war and fighting and facing death 24/7 is hardly the place to debate "what is morally correct".

And don't act like "they" wont do unethical things like dragging death Marines through the streets and similar if they have the chance.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

You think they were all killed as they stood there. Neat in a little row? The one on the right just happened to fall on a perfectly laid out sheet? The weapons were taken from them. That's the first thing you do when you secure an area. Then they took the bodies and lined them up. Where's your common sense?

link   
reply to post by dadfortruth1

I dont want my kids seeing this garbage!!

don´t let your kids on ATS then?

this site has seen way worse.

link   
reply to post by flexy123

"They" sometimes desecrate American soldiers, you are right. And American soldiers doing it proves they are just as animalistic as those they are fighting.

link   
They say war changes people but the people that go to war miss what goes on at home.
Six of my relatives shot dead then he had sex with dead female child and her grandmother.
So tell me should I get the right to mutilate just because it happen here to me at home?

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by apodictic

They took the weapons, dragged the bodies, yet a water bottle stayed on the body? Where are the drag marks? You can clearly see the ground at the beginning of the video, but no drag marks.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123
Citing that one comment on LL:

"People do ####ed things when they kill each other"

Regardless, i can understand the marines..it's easy to talk about "respect" and things from your chair at home on the internet. I have respect for the MARINE, not for the insurgents - even if is not "morally correct" what the Marines did in the video. But war and fighting and facing death 24/7 is hardly the place to debate "what is morally correct".

And don't act like "they" wont do unethical things like dragging death Marines through the streets and similar if they have the chance.

Maybe your kind of mentality needs a little more maturing before sent out to real world. The line" they do it to us so we should do it them" is is just plain immature.

Combat is not an excuse to act like a total idiot. You do what you were paid to do them move on...don't stop to humiliate, bury or anything else..or course you may have to kill if there no other alternative but that is war...but what is shown on the vid is not war.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Hi ATS.

Don´t even know where to start.
i´ve been an anti-military person all my life.
i just don't see the point.

but let me get to my point.
recently there was a thread on ATS about a dog being blown apart by soldiers.
it was disgusting footage.

well today i want to show you some other class acts.
this is really disgusting and i wonder what makes people do this?
by this, i mean this

what does make someone stoop this low?
i've had numerous discussions about this with a lot of people.

but i believe this is due to training.
mentally and physically breaking down a person.
start rebuilding them to your likings, a non thinking killing machine.

i know i will get flamed for saying this and i know not every soldiers is the same.
but i've had buddies go to war and they came back DIFFERENT.
i don't care what anybody says.

the training, the fighting and the horror that they endure changes a person.
not for the better though..

thoughts?

Let me first say that I haven't watched the video but I got the idea...

All I can say to those of you crying about how the US is so bad I have 2 questions:

1) Do you know the mindset of a Marine who had to carry what was left of a good friend out of the street after a guy hiding behind civilians blew him apart? 

2) The dead people who were the recipients of this golden shower are part of a group who behead innocent civilian reporters, rape innocent women, and hide behind and murder innocent civilians. Does this group deserve any better treatment? 

Atrocities are subjective. 
edit on 11-1-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

Who says it was the taliban's water bottle?

See that wheelbarrow? Or did you just choose to ignore that?

link   
It doesn't matter how you twist it, but urinating on a dead body is disrespectful to begin with. Meaning you have no morals what so ever, in reality you are suppose to respect your fellow foes in battle for they are fighting for the same reasons you are. This being Marines makes me sick because I always thought Marines were disciplined. Apparently the new gen of military troops are no different then street thugs only difference is they are in uniform.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by KonquestAbySS

In reality?
Have you experienced this reality? No? Gotcha.

Respect?
The people who try killing you and your friends?

Sorry there's no respect in war.
Marines are disciplined. That's why we're the best at what we do.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

Hi ATS.

Don´t even know where to start.
i´ve been an anti-military person all my life.
i just don't see the point.

but let me get to my point.
recently there was a thread on ATS about a dog being blown apart by soldiers.
it was disgusting footage.

well today i want to show you some other class acts.
this is really disgusting and i wonder what makes people do this?
by this, i mean this

what does make someone stoop this low?
i've had numerous discussions about this with a lot of people.

but i believe this is due to training.
mentally and physically breaking down a person.
start rebuilding them to your likings, a non thinking killing machine.

i know i will get flamed for saying this and i know not every soldiers is the same.
but i've had buddies go to war and they came back DIFFERENT.
i don't care what anybody says.

the training, the fighting and the horror that they endure changes a person.
not for the better though..

thoughts?

Let me first say that I haven't watched the video but I got the idea...

All I can say to those of you crying about how the US is so bad I have 3 questions:

1) Do you know the mindset of a Marine who had to carry what was left of a good friend out of the street after a guy hiding behind civilians blew him apart? 

2) The dead people who were the recipients of this golden shower are part of a group who behead innocent civilian reporters, rape innocent women, and hide behind and murder innocent civilians. Does this group deserve any better treatment? 

Atrocities are subjective. 

The mind set of these marines is not hard to figure out...IDIOTS being IDIOTS.

Just because on group does another does not give the other the right to do this. To say otherwise is pure idiocy..but I don't expect more from you and macman or the other right wing idiots on this site.

These marines will get what is coming to them...a senior official from the pentagon has already said this has the implication of being a war crime....so there will be court martial proceedings.

A senior Marine official quoted by CNN said such desecration of corpses could be considered a war crime.

United States Marine Corps is investigating online video that appears to show Marines urinating on corpses of Taliban fighters
edit on 11-1-2012 by kerazeesicko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by kerazeesicko

To speak as a person without experience is idiocy.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
They aren't the first human to piss on a fallen enemy. I personally don't think I'd participate in such an act, and definitely wouldn't record it for posterity. It does show a lack of leadership, professionalism, and probably morals too. However, that's as far as I'll go in judging them. I don't know how my personal ethics and morals would be affected if I'd lost people close to me and finally got some payback.

Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.
Friedrich Nietzsche

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join