It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2nd Carrier Arrives Off Straits Of Hormuz

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537

Originally posted by thelastlineofwhat

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
They wont last long if WW3 breaks out. Iran has home base advantage. Shooting 500 missiles at one CBG is sure to take it out. This will only happen if they do war in the strait.

USA only has the advantage if they are out in the open, then Iran has no chance.
edit on 11-1-2012 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

Iran only needs 1 per ship with these babies, Russian-made 3M-82 Moskit anti-ship cruise missiles (NATO designation: SS-N-22 Sunburn. Maybe lauch 2-3 / ship and its a sure hit.

That sounds like a good way to get yourself nuked by the US military.... If Iran destroys 1 carrier they will be royally screwed....

As has already been stated, if the US is prepared to use nuclear weapons over the loss of a ship, it's pretty clear they are far more dangerous and reckless than Iran ever was.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

Wow, hold on a second........... sry not used to anyone making so much sense all at one time. I just wanted to let it soak in for a few before I tell you how right you are.

So ya, you said it just about as well as I think human syntax andl language articulation allow.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by sHuRuLuNi

That's what the dude said. Obviously it was not true, but I was just rolling with the logic of the post.

In all honesty it doesn't matter how many missiles they have. They are not Russia or Europe. They are not trained by the best.

They are a cultured volatile people with an every dynamic political tree-division between the liberals, the conservatives, and the theologians.

No nation ever stepped out of the 1400s and walked into the 21st century, and it is highly unlikely any nation ever will.

They think themselves the Germans in the 30s. If they want to be credible with their vein attempts, they should do what Germany did in the late 1800s first. Establish modernity.
edit on 12-1-2012 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
CVN 70 Carl Vinson Joins CVN 74 Stennis In Arabian Sea..

i see the deployments as our present technological 'Death Stars'...

i just hope it does not turn out as bad as the Empires day-of-reckoning did...
by a band of rogue, rebels, intent on ruffling the feathers of the great Empire (sans Eagle)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by sHuRuLuNi

In all honesty it doesn't matter how many missiles they have. They are not Russia or Europe. They are not trained by the best.

No nation ever stepped out of the 1400s and walked into the 21st century, and it is highly unlikely any nation ever will.

(no reason given)

No they are not russia or europe, what they are is IRAN/RUSSIA/CHINA it's an alliance that goes back a very long way.

This isn't just "IRAN", you have picked a fight with the two largest standing armies and arguably the second most technically able axis, (who knows what they have bought under the table).
The chinese as a fighting force are untested but they are massive and very disciplined and trained hard.
The russians are a professional army, with a history of getting # done the hard way, they also are very technically able, and don't believe for a minute that they are broke, the moment war breaks out there will be more money available than they can spend as is the way with wars.

It goes like this, either america makes its excuses and leaves the iranians alone, however they do it is not important, or, we have a major internecine war, and the people who get hurt most are me and you and the rest of the civilian population.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by The X
reply to post by reddwhite

ok, but i don't expect you to eat the battery.

edit on 12-1-2012 by The X because: (no reason given)

That's very nice of you X, I appreciate the jesture. I assure though it won't be needed. Russia and China are not gonna throw nukes around over Iran period. Who burns down the whole neighborhood to protect the crazy meth head on the corner? Not to mention our carriers will neer get anywhere close to missile range, aegis can handle its self, and Iran has the same tech in 2012 we had in 1960's, not to scary to anyone with a modern military. Most of their equipment is russian surplus, T series tanks lol we pop those like balloons with a 155mm howitzer. Russias "modern" airfoce lulz, they were behind during the cold war, trying to keep up broke them. We are now 2 generations of tech beyond them, they are now as relevant a militar a north korea. The only factor in their favor is the like 30,000 tanks they still have, but they are old broken down and unmaintained and or unservicable.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I have a friend who is an active duty Marine. He is being called up and being sent to Romania (??) on a cross-training mission. He was completely surprised by the activation - even though in the past he has been aware. Sounds like something is coming down the road.

Bill

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

What is uranium enriched beyond 20% used for?

Highly enriched uranium (HEU) has a greater than 20% concentration of 235U or 233U. The fissile uranium in nuclear weapons usually contains 85% or more of 235U known as weapon(s)-grade, though for a crude, inefficient weapon 20% is sufficient (called weapon(s)-usable);[2][3] some argue that even less is sufficient[citation needed], but then the critical mass for unmoderated fast neutrons rapidly increases, approaching infinity at 6%235U.[4] For critical experiments, enrichment of uranium to over 97% has been accomplished.[5]

source

Well the US better start building more carriers then because almost every nuclear powered country is enriching, or purchasing enriched uranium, near those levels for various uses, none of which are weapons grade.

as stated above, enriched uranium above 20% is technically weapons grade, a actual nuclear weapon requires highly enriched uranium, upwards of 80-95 %.

go ahead and read the IAEA reports you seem to think you understood, as they clearly state no material has been diverted, no weapons platforms are being sought. The report clearly states that there is nothing stopping Iran from resuming the quest for a nuclear weapon, but all indications from those actually TRAINED to look say they aren't.

As I've stated a million times, if Iran is to be invaded because of their nuclear program, one that is entirely legal under international law as they signed the NPT, we'd better start talking about Israel and FAST. Israel hasn't signed the NPT, HAS nuclear weapons, and has in the past tried to SELL THEM. Israel feels, justifiably or not, that their very existence is in danger and makes no bones about using their nuclear weapons, even against their allies, suggesting how quickly they could target major cities in Europe if they felt threatened.

We'd better get into North Korea as they have nukes, are isolationist and insane, and just went through a power change we've yet to fully grasp.

We'd better invade Canada before the Chalk river reactor starts back up too. What about Pakistan? Better send more drones there too.

Iran will be turned to glass, they know this, everyone knows this. This is why an attack by Iran is NOT coming. Any action coming from Iran will be retaliatory.

Why?

Because, under international law, a pre-emptive strike is illegal. Iran knows this and follows this rule, the US and Allies do not.

And please, before you tell me how much I hate Americans and want them dead, stuff it, you know that's a load of crap so save it. I don't want ANYONE dead, on either side, and I guess that's the difference, some people here do not believe anyone BUT the US has a right to exist, they don't believe Iran has a right to exist, and they simply don't care about the millions of civilians that will be killed or injured.

I've read the HONEST translations of the speeches made to the UN and elsewhere. No, not the BS propaganda released by the US and Israel, honest Farsi to English translations. The president of Iran is a smart man, a chess player, and appears to have a better understanding of the geopolitical spectrum than most of the US government, regardless of political party.

Pushing Iran is pushing Russia and China.

Sure, the US and Israel have some of the best trained and equipped armies on earth. That doesn't matter, they simply can not win a fight against Iran Russia and China, they can't. In fact, I'd go as far as to say, unless the current wars are ended before the Iran option comes along, Iran would only need one of those countries to come to their aid.

That said, I can only assume all of you patriotic americans here beating the war drums have in fact already enlisted for service in the US army, navy, or the Marines, are are currently awaiting deployment for bootcamp training before you are shipped of to fight the brown people.

Because if not, you'd be a hypocrite, and I'd really hate to see an ATSer be something like that.

edit on 12-1-2012 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-1-2012 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by The X

t goes like this, either america makes its excuses and leaves the iranians alone, however they do it is not important, or, we have a major internecine war, and the people who get hurt most are me and you and the rest of the civilian population.

Or, you know....Iran gets gang raped by all three.

IRAN/RUSSIA/CHINA

No offense, but this is like talking about the Iraq coalition....and Iran is Poland. The sheer scale and immensity of difference between these nations is ridiculous.

China is more interested in South East Asia and Africa. And we are talking with the China now, as well as the Taliban. No doubt to make peace in Afghanistan so that we can ease China and withdraw into Iran if we desired.

Russia has oil interests in Iran. That's it. They would like to have oil domination because it means a black mail of Europe. If Europe bans Iranian Oil, it's likely that Russia will just import oil from Iran and sell it to Europe at a different price they control.

This is economy. Iran is not that big a deal to be honest. It's simply the last column to fall in the region. Syria counts too, of course, but not really to be honest. It's just a port deal for the Russians probably.

edit on 12-1-2012 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Ok just pointing something out , china has been fighting wars for a very very very long time, and if it comes down to it when all the arms and ordnance are gone , the chinese are literally going to kick everyones asses!
as they are also trained in hand to hand combat , but not just any old hand to hand combat
KUNG FU !

on a serious note though , even though their modern military are untested in modern combat , you have to remember the dude Sun Tzu was chinese and wrote the art of war.
China was a feudal nation for centuries .
They basically wrote the playbook , so you cant underestimate their generals or their troops.
They also have the technology to surprise even america.

Inviting China to come play war is a very bad idea, especially when they are allied with Russia, and you all know as well as I do , that russia are more than likely looking for payback I have a feeling the bear was just hibernating.
Iran well , they have been in bed with the Asian supercontinent for a long time.

A wise president would know better not to risk his neck , plus his nation , plus the world to protect his pride and that of his nation.
Although when your flat broke and you need to fill the imperial coffers , is best that you look to the rich nations who you can attempt to bully with your pals !
Making fun of the foreign kids is a really bad idea.

I dont want to die in a nuclear war , and neither does the rest of the planet , so who the # does Obama , Sarkozy , and Camerclegg think they are ?

In fact im straight up asking them right now for a square go , Obama , Sarkozy and Camerclegg are all a bunch of pussies , and need their assess kicked , I dont want to die and neither does anyone else , so quit now before I get mad and come kick yer heads in!

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

complete and precise. I like this site because of people like you sir. excellent. and thank you.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maxatoria
i'd imagine that once the war started iran pretty much knows that the place is going to get a trillion dollars an hour of american hardware paying it a visit and dropping so much crap that you'll be able to make a fortune as a scrap metal dealer if you have a lead lined suit for the next 1000 years

(Did I get that quote right? Deleted a lot of stuff from in there...)

I think the fact you present here merely ratchets up the pressure to make that first blow really count. In the event that Iran is provoked into striking first, I would not expect anything less than a full-on assault with heavy heavy heavy casualties.

Then just a little bit more action before the silence.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
reply to post by Subjective Truth

If they struck mainland USA. You would see huge contracts for getting out oil in contaminated areas. Because Iran and it's people would be glass.

Iran has no desire to strike the mainland USA as much as you would like to see it to appease yourself. Have they stated that they would like to strike the mainland?

Iran does not have the CAPABILITIES to strike the mainland USA.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Iran do not have the capability to launch 100 missiles simultaniously. You bell end.

You've got to be British?!?!

I haven’t heard the phrase "bell end" since I was at school. Thanks for cheering up my day no end!

I think that everyone is trying to predict a situation often using their own political bias as the catalyst for delivery.

Would the US engage Iran without being struck first - they're already doing it! Drone attacks etc, MOSSAD (Israel admittedly) killing nuclear scientists..........

Would the US engage Iran if they fired a salvo of missiles at one of their carriers - without a shadow of a doubt.

Will the US use nukes against Iran - not a cat in hells chance.

Does Iran deserve it? No probably not, but you can only try and aggravate a sleeping giant for so long before they attack. I don’t think the US should go into Iran but with the way things are going, I suspect they will.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwatersPushing Iran is pushing Russia and China.

Oh, man. My last message was the first time I neglected to think about the Russia and China angle.

What are the odds that Iran does not already have a treaty in place with these two? It would likely be as close as the US would get to a nightmare scenario. What if Iran was provoked into a defensive first strike (yes, I know it's essentially a contradiction) with the full backing of China or Russia? What do we know about Russian and Chinese subs?

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Wargames with Israel? War is not a game, we think & talk like Iran is going to rollover and hand the key to the country to the invaders.. There is a reason Iran/Persia has been around so long. They sure as hell aint afraid of a fight.

They expect an attack. They have planned for an attack. They sit and wait for it...This will develope into ww3, Iran has friends, friends with big weapons. If the USA & Israel think Iran is a pushover, they need to re-think their plan. When this goes down & the horror of war is brought to OUR shores, maybe then our warhawk mentality will shrink a little.

Don't think this fight we pick want cause destruction within the lower 48. To all the folks in Iran who is in some way like me. Father, Husband, Son, who just wants better for his children, who justs wants to be able to be a man, a son, a father, a husband. Protect your family, no one will hate you for it.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I'm still waiting for that second "shot heard round the world" to happen. It's gonna be big when it does. I strongly advise anyone living in the big cities in any nation involved in this to move to rural areas because when those hydrogen bombs start dropping those big cities will make the best targets.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Back on topic. The carrier has arrived in the Arabian Sea. Now the kicker will be to see if it crosses Hormuz and into the Persian Gulf...that is suppose to be Iran's red line. They wont do anything if it stays in the Arabian Seas but they said they will not allow a carrier to return to the Gulf.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousCitizen

With the right rapid fire cannon (singular as in one) and computer control, you could kill every deer.

Line 2

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousCitizen
CVN 70 Carl Vinson Joins CVN 74 Stennis In Arabian Sea, Off Straits Of Hormuz

link

Just in time for the upcoming war games with Israel. Or WWIII.

edit on 1/11/12 by AnonymousCitizen because: (no reason given)

War games called "The Great Prophet?" Holy Snip. They aren't even trying to hide any more.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join