It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vedic Astrology

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Hello folks, hope all is well with everyone reading this.

I was hoping someone could help me out with my vedic sun and moon signs. I am unfamiliar with vedic astrology so any information regarding the subject would be much appreciated.

DOB: March 31, 1988

So I know I am Aries Sun (not sure on the moon sign) and my element is fire according to western astrology. But, I am more interested in vedic astrology and the differences.

Thanks in advance

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ImmortalThought

Here's the Vedas Zodiac. The Zodiac of Vedic astrology is different from the one used in Western horoscopes.

Not sure if this is what your looking for...

edit on 10-1-2012 by mileslong54 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-1-2012 by mileslong54 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by mileslong54

I can't really interrupt what the chart means. Does my sign not change from one set of charts to the next? (West vs Vedic)

I've heard that the Western Sign is your Karmic Debt, the Vedic is Karmic Potential. Not sure what that really means though.
edit on 10-1-2012 by ImmortalThought because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImmortalThought

Not seeing anything...

I've heard that the Western Sign is your Karmic Debt, the Vedic is Karmic Potential. Not sure what that really means though.

Interesting, I've never heard that, thanks for sharing! I very much believe in Karma.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by mileslong54

Not seeing anything...

Interesting, I've never heard that, thanks for sharing! I very much believe in Karma.

So do I but I am not positive on the relation to the astrology. Does that mean we are born a certain sign (and the tools that come with it), but the path of life we walk should be towards our Vedic sign? I've found so much information on the internet that it becomes quite confusing at times as to what we should do knowing our signs etc.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I am a Vedic astrologer. If you want to determine your Moon, Sun and Asc signs I can look it up in a minute, but I would need exact birth time and location.

If you do not want others to see your data you can send me a private message.
I have a web page with some English articles but I do not want to link it here yet publicly.
I recommend Joni Patry's site on basics and sign predictions from a Vedic POV understandable for a Westerner: www.galacticcenter.org

I did a thread a while ago here on world ages and vedic astrology.

Kokatsi

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Kokatsi

Awesome man. I'll send you a PM just because you need location, but I don't care if you post it here is this thread.

EDIT: what was the title of your thread? I find astrology very interesting..

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

ghhm..khmmm

its all the same

you are >

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by nii900

I'm sorry I dont follow, can you go into more detail?

We are all the same? Meaning what in terms of astrology?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

and...(me again-timeloops there) if ..looking from that angle at it is it all debt..karmic.. or is that all a potential or... may it be an angelish angles-land;s view of the angelland's mappings ..due? ....well..sh? dew?

edit on 10-1-2012 by nii900 because: (no reason given)

...direction?....found the info on m-tsari's web site - ancient genetics post dates march or so

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by nii900

Alright. Some very interesting photos to say the least, but this doesnt seem to answer my question.

What is the connection you are attempting to make about Malvern and Vedic?

that you keep changing...

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
see this en.wikipedia.org...

Hundred Syllable Mantra

In Tibetan Vajrayana Buddhist practice, Vajrasattva is used in the Ngondro, or preliminary practices, in order to "purify" the mind's defilements, prior to undertaking more advanced tantric techniques. The 'yik gya', the 'Hundred Syllable Mantra' (Tibetan: ཡིག་བརྒྱ, Wylie: yig brgya) supplication of Vajrasattva, approaches universality in the various elementary Ngondro sadhana for sadhakas of all Mantrayana and Sarma schools bar the Bonpo. The pronunciation and orthography differ between lineages.

ཨོཾ་བཛྲ་སཏྭ་ས་མ་ཡ་མ་ནུ་པ་ལ་ཡ།

བཛྲ་སཏྭ་ཏྭེ་ནོ་པ་ཏིཥྛ།

དྲྀ་ཌྷོ་མེ་བྷ་བ།

སུ་ཏོ་ ཥྱོ་མེ་བྷ་བ།

སུ་པོ་ ཥྱོ་མེ་བྷ་བ།

ཨ་ནུ་ར་ཀྟོ་མེ་བྷ་བ།

ས་རྦ་སི་དྡྷི་མེ་པྲ་ཡ་ཙྪ།

ས་རྦ་ཀ་རྨ་སུ་ཙ་མེ ཙི་ཏྟཾ༌ཤེ་ཡཿ་ཀུ་རུ་ཧཱུྂ།

ཧ་ཧ་ཧ་ཧ་ཧོཿ

བྷ་ག་བ་ན

ས་རྦ

ཏ་ཐཱ་ག་ཏ་བཛྲ་མཱ་མེ་མུ་ཉྩ།

བཛྲཱི་བྷ་བ་མ་ཧཱ་ས་མ་ཡ་སཏྭ

ཨཱཿ །། ཧཱུྂ ཕ་ཊ

............................................Text

see here then indigyan.blogspot.com...

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
...the sky-map at the time of sun rising on the Vernal Equinox, 9th Apr, 2000 BC, in Arkaim. The sun is in Krittika and the full moon in Vishakha.

link to image
www.sudiptodas.com...

" It's worth mentioning that a very precise and scientific calendar system has been in place in India since the Rig Vedic times.

Let's recall the following diagram we've seen in the discussions on Surya's Bridal. It depicts the scenario during 3000 BC - sun is in Mrigashira on Vernal Equinox and Uttara Phalguni on Summer Solstice. From a few verses of RV it can be deduced that one of the beginnings of year during Rig Vedic times is this Summer Solstice when the sun is in Uttara Phalguni. On the other hand another name of Mrigashira is Agrahayana, which means the commencement of a year. This means that the Vernal Equinox is also a beginning of year. In fact one or more of the four cardinal points - the two equinoxes and two solstices - have been considered beginnings of year in RV."

;...see the circular arrangement of the nakshatras in another format.

Structure of the atmosphere

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by nii900

This is waaayyy beyond me, but I gave you a star anyway.

I'll try an piece together the information you gave me.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Thank you for the pictures. I have made similar graphs a while ago.
It is illuminating to piece together historical eras with their nakshatras and indeed the quadrants - padas - too. So now we are historically in a place where Urttara Bhadra (Saturn in Pisces) is the vernal equinox.
That is why technically we are not yet in the Age of Aquarius.

When we ascend to the Purva Bhadra vernal point, it will be a bit easier I guess. But that is two hundred years from now. I don't know I am am reborn to see it.

The author of the article uses a different ayanamsha fom Lahiri's - that would give you an entry into Pisces around AD 285.
Also, I find the reasoning behind precession itself a little convoluted. It appears that precession applies to all planets visible from Earth - Jupiter, Saturn etc. - so it would be more logical that it is a cycle not of the Earth but rather the Solar System itself. The spinning of the top will not change as radically even during tens of thousands of years - it is in fact so big that it would be catastrophic to shift the centre of the axis even in several thousand years...

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by nii900

The origin of Indo-European civilisation began in Asia Minor — the western region of the most ancient agricultural and stock-breeding, which in 9000-7000 B.C. started to supplant hunting. It was precisely this new type of husbandry, which then spread over the vast plains of Oikumena.

As a result of demographic changes of those who bore this new type of husbandry, of its attraction for neighbouring hunters, and in the search for new fertile soils, the Indo-Europeans of Asia Minor not only rendered habitable the Danube valley between the sea and the Carpethians as early as 6000 B.C., but created there the first state in the world—Aratta, "the ploughmen's state".

Then how were the interethnic relations regulated, and how did mutual influences spread? The new facts help answer these questions. The data can be divided in three groups. The first, the most evident one, is a system of the sanctuaries-observatories dated from 5000 to 1000 B.C., along the northern border of that day's arable forming from Transylvania to Britain and middle Dnipro river region, and then — to the inter-mountain of Ural and Altai. According to the testimonies of Herodotus, Diodor us and other ancient authors, the wandering priests used that system as late as 500 B.C.; spreading to the South and to the North, and this system existed in Europe and Asia until the adoption of the Christianity (see picture 1). The second group of data — more than 100 clay tables dated 4000-3000 B.C. with the inscriptions of the Sumerian type, which come from different archaeological cultures of several countries in the middle Danube valley. The third group — the genealogy of tribes and heroes, which is preserved in Greek mythology, but came (as modem science testifies) from the pre-Grecian, Indo-European mists. Similar ethno-chronological analysis, drawing on modern archaeological and linguistic data, has already begun.

The Aryan's spread Aratta's fame from Greece to Palestine and India — where the rests of its culture are still preserved in Hinduism.
yurshilov.chat.ru...

When I started digging in arkaimskoy Valley, archaeologists said the scientist to the world that discovered the ancient city, whose age is more than four centuries, and that it inhabited by people of ancient Indo-European civilization. Researchers began to call Arkaim cities, temples, observatories simultaneously.

Who are interested in the hypothesis of scientists can read them in the literature.

I'll pass that told me about Arkaim de darling Anastasia. The logic of his thinking is much more accurate and more interesting than the logic upon which to make scientific hypotheses.

He once said:

- Arch - this is not a city and temple.With respect to the observatory is true, but it is quite nonprincipal. Arkaim - this academy, so you can call it today's term. In Arkaim lived and worked as a teacher of the Magi. Here they are engaged in research of the universe, we determined the relationship of cosmic bodies, their impact on humans. His greatest discoveries, they are not recorded and did not speak in public, with long speeches. From years of research, they counted ceremonies, presents them to the people, observing later, "whether they are effective. If necessary, make adjustments. Long-term studies, they could eventually include one or two short words, behind which was the essence of discovery.
slavyanin.org...

Ancient Tibetan shamanism and animism, the pre-Buddhist spiritual and religious culture of Tibet, was known as Bon, and a practitioner of these shamanic techniques of ecstasy and ritual magic, the methods of working with energy, was known as a Bonpo. Bonpo is still the designation for a shaman in many tribal regions of the Himalayas. But increasingly, over the centuries, the ecstatic shaman has been replaced by the priestly Lama or ritual expert, and so later Bonpos in Central Tibet also came to fill a role more ritualistic than ecstatic. There exists a parallel here to what occurried in ancient India where the Rishis or ecstatics of the early Vedic period, who communed directly with the celestial gods during ecstatic flights into the heavens, were later replaced by Brahman priests, experts in the performing of rituals and sacrifices in order to invoke the powers of the gods and ensure their cooperation for human benefit and prosperity.

Originally the word Bonpo meant someone who invoked the gods and summoned the spirits. Here there seems to be a strong parallel of the role of the Bonpo in ancient Tibet. www.vajranatha.com...
Ibrahim Zeradust aka Zoroaster aka Brahma aka Abraham. All leads to triangle Arkaim-Aratta-Ararat,Lake Urmia.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   

The teachings of Bon were revealed by Tonpa Shenrab. Their origins is said to have been to the west and north of western Tibet, brought by white robed Priests from Persian lands. Both the Jain and the Bon religion use the swastika, and no doubt go back to the same source - the swastika using Yuezhi "Moon People" . Both Bonpos and Jains trace their origins to Mt. Kailish in western Tibet. Mt. Kailish was an ancient hub of a type of Buddhism that eventually became Ch'an, Mahayana and Vajrayana. Its multi-buddha worship is in stark contrast to the atheistic branch of Indian Buddhism promoted by Sidhartha.
essenes.net...
www.askwhy.co.uk

posted on Jan, 3 2022 @ 12:31 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

top topics

join