It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Government Firewall Banning Notice on ATS

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
It was frightening for a moment. Thank you ATS for taking a stand against censorship.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I have to say...

That nothing has ever made me have my heart skip a beat faster than what I experienced this morning with this possible enactment of the future...

Talk about a "stop and make you think" type campaign. I immediately went to several websites and signed their online petitions to try and quell this from happening. Hopefully you will to, simply google SOPA petition, or contact your states congressman.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
It was better than a first shot of espresso to get me going this morning.

A mind blown , is a mind shown.

Loved it....Keep up the great work ATS.....

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I share my disgust in some members incapacity to read anything other than the topic, and even then having issues of comprehension, I´m sure that many have noticed, we read very little, and comprehend even less than that.

How many came here asking "what happened"
Well, I protest against the drones, the government will do what it must, we must do our part as well, we could start by reading a bit more.

I like the general idea behind the banner, in fact I support it, its not until we loose everything that we get the urge to fight back, hopefully its not like that in here...

But it did make a powerful point, the sky appears to be falling, hopefully we realize it sooner!

For me it is more frighting to see the general lack of comprehension and interest in what some may call, the meaty issues...
edit on 8-1-2012 by TheOneEyedProphet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Haha...newbs (joking). Seriously, did no one take the time to read the WHOLE page? I looked it over, then saw the lines talking about how this was an example of what the government could do. And below that is a link to a petition or something, and below THAT, is a link that allows you to continue to ATS. Next time, actually read the whole thing instead of pooping yourself and downing a bottle of anti-depressants in preparation for the end of your life.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by METACOMET
Yes I did. It's ATS protest to SOPA.

Excellent job guys! Get the point across.

SOPA

Ah but is it a protest ? Or is ATS now telling us what we should care about and think about??? Hmmmm? Chew on that for a second or two.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

A big "Thank You" from myself about this. I too was puzzeled for a few seconds until I read the page... This is a great way to make people think about how important the Internet is to freedom and truth. If we think about events in history there have been more "secrets" uncovered by people on the Internet because people have an outlet and access to truth and not government or corporate propaganda. However, governments and corporations are trying to co-op the people with lies and twisted truth...

The Internet is truly a double-edged knife.
edit on 8-1-2012 by fnpmitchreturns because: spelling/context

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerryznv
Now what do we do when it happens for real?

Same thing they did during the War of the Worlds broadcast in 1938

Jump out the window

Just imagine if ipods, video games, facebook, twitter, youtube. chat rooms and forums just ceased to be one day...

What would yawl do with your lives

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Facebook Locks Down 40,000 Accounts - What the hell is all this:
members.beforeitsnews.com...

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
The Beginning of the End

Open Minds Forum shut down by ProBoards
lucianarchy.proboards.com...

A good reason NOT to use free forum software controlled by others

edit on 8-1-2012 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Or perhaps the end of the beginning...?

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Thanks for the heads-up guide Sceptic, my first reaction was to try to find the OP, ignoring the 'go to' links, for obvious reasons. So I went to the end page at the time, (since there had been some posts after the 'warning') then returned to the first page.
edit on 8-1-2012 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerryznv
Now what do we do when it happens for real?

we panic and run around like headless chickens.

Ats is a bastion of indepedent thought and conspiracy theory but it isn't the only place you can find this out online. they'd have to shut down the whole internet to shut us all up.

The big issue isn't the stifiling of free speach per say, its much bigger than that. The real problem is the death of the internet.it would kill most of the internet off either directly or indirectly. Imagine also what it would do to the economy, if the internet fails the economic storm that is currently brewing will be blown up even more.

There have been acusations that irans actions it the straits of hormuz is dangerous to world stability but this is just as bad!

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
Open Minds Forum shut down by ProBoards

Hrm... Oxymoron, not sure how "open" their minds where.

This doesn't seem related to SOPA, but what caused the shut-down?

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I didn't see anything in advance on this and it spooked me for a second. Then reading saw the links for petitions and did those immediately. Then posted to my FB for other to check out. So far I have had more responses to a fb post regarding people sending me game requests than to this.

My, the differences in priorities.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I must admit when i saw the block this morning i was stunned!I really thought that the feds,for whatever reason had pulled the plug on us.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
embarrassing

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Melbourne_Militia

I did and I jumped off a cliff , logged back on immediately and resumed as normal. I emailed the staff with what I could recall having seen in literally seconds. I was then directed to a thread which explained everything to me... Boy do I feel STU pid. Glad it wasn't the real deal

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

They sound great on a first searching

Open Minds forum were instrumental in perpetuating the SERPO hoax and actually formed as a splinter group to continue to discuss it once it was denounced as a hoax -and labelled as such- everywhere else, OMF are also responsible for (almost exclusively) perpetuating the Drone hoax (which Carrion originally joined to comment on), the UN/UFO meetings hoax and more recently the Richard Theilmann/Source-A exopolitical-related hoax.

blog.ufo-blog.com...

Also does this happning mean we can post links to our own petitions now?
edit on 9-1-2012 by aivlas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
Haha...newbs (joking). Seriously, did no one take the time to read the WHOLE page? I looked it over, then saw the lines talking about how this was an example of what the government could do. And below that is a link to a petition or something, and below THAT, is a link that allows you to continue to ATS. Next time, actually read the whole thing instead of pooping yourself and downing a bottle of anti-depressants in preparation for the end of your life.

For some reason, the "whole page" was not visible and would not scroll down.

not all are genius.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join