It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California’s indoctrination of children reaches new lows

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Hi S-Bag--

So....it's perfectly fine for California JUNIOR high school students to take 'sex education classes' but NOT perfectly fine to discover that (shock and awe!) the great German composer HANDEL had a live in MALE lover for 25 years, or that Alexander the Great was openly gay in a Greek Culture which not only ALLOWED male homosexuality in public, but also encouraged it !!

So...what exactly does a teacher tell a California Junior or Senior High School student about the naked boys prancing about with erect body parts on all those Greek vases? 'Pay no attention to that, Johnny - and if you read Plato's dialogues in high school, be sure to get the HEAVILLY EDITED edition which omits from the 'Symposium' the Greek Absolute Ideal of Human Love (i.e. male to male homo-erotic sex !!)

Are you implying by this post that actual historical Events that actually happened in Real History to persons such as Leonardo da Vinci (who was arrested at the age of 23 on April 9th 1476 and held for 60 days in a Florentine Gaol with 4 others for 'gross indecency' and 'sogdogmia' with the male prostitute and art-model Jacopo Salterelli in a public park in Florence) should be supressed from the California School System or otherwise 'left out of the school textbooks' as 'irrelavent' for school children to learn wheen examining the life and times of Leonardo?

What happens when a high school student says, 'So, teach, why wasn't this handsome, strapping 6'4" man ever married? I mean, heck, everyone and their mother knows he was in love with Mona when he painted her....!"

Should the teacher just clam up and say, well, you're not OLD enough to know the truth about a complex individual such as Leonardo da Vinci so...

Or...'well, we're not allowed by california law to answer that kind of adult question, so why don't you just go back to practicing your basketball shots...have a cookie...there's a good boy....then go back to sleep !!'

Are you saying 'they can't handle the Truth' , or is it YOU who 'can't handle the Truth' ?

Or should the California School system hide the fact from high school students that an anti-gay printer of Michelangelo Buonarroti's homo-erotic Love poetry DELIBERATELY CHANGED all the specific MALE pronouns in his Sonnets (from HIM's to HER's, etc.) in his printed (i.e. garbled) versions of Michelangelo's originally-delicate and highly-nuanced Love Poetry, in an effort to portray this Greatest of Artists as...somehow...hetero-sexual when in actual fact in History he certainly was NOT ? Sort of reminds me of the heterosexual love fantasy scenes in the anti-gay 'Charlatan' Heston's silly and pointless portrayal of Michelangelo in the jejeune film 'the Agony & the Ecstasy' of 1965...!!!

Do you recommend LYING to Junior & High School Students about REAL history - sort of like saying to a student reading matthew chapter 15 in the KJV - 'Well, no Johnny, Jesus was NOT a 1st century Palestinian Jew at all, he was actually blond blue eyed Aryan who absolutely adored the goyim/Gentiles (i.e. non-Jews) especially SyroPhonecian women !!'

Do you REALLY think the TRUTH about history hurts that much??!!!!!

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
reply to post by Annee

My kids don't care who you screw when they learn about how to correctly formulate a hypothesis.

Oh yeah - - that is all a homosexual does in life is SCREW. That's their whole world. That is how they define themselves.

WOW! Maybe they've actually accomplished great things in life - - you know - - when they took a break from SCREWING.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnneeWOW! Maybe they've actually accomplished great things in life - - you know - - when they took a break from SCREWING.

I'm sure that in preference of their accomplishments, they'll all prefer to be known as the guy who made that cool new discovery and likes the swirl.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Here's another viewpoint.

Maybe if kids learned early enough - - being attracted to someone is chemically generated in the body - - and has nothing to do with LOVE or Gender.

They'd make better decisions on committing the "sex act" - - with anyone.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Who cares about footnotes in history?

The problem is this.

In no way shape or form,should a school system,or a stranger, teach my children about sex,gender issues in America,or even Politics!

Without a Parents consent......edit to add...............

For someone who is so "liberated" into telling Parents how wrong they are,you sure have no problem hiding the fact that their is a collective agenda to indoctrinate Americas children.

edit on 5-1-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Sigismundus

Cool. I thought all the school systems in the west had stopped teaching about Greeco-Roman history.

I laugh. Like any school system in the United States teaches ANY history outside its borders.

edit on 2012/1/5 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Politics should absolutely be on the agenda. Teaching children the things they need to know to be active educated citizens should be a requirement.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

I had just edited my post.

Yes,If Parents are willing to give permission to something being taught,I have no problem with it.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by kozmo
I don't ever recall reading, "Thomas Jefferson, a devout heterosexual, was a founding father of the United States of America"

This is one of the most stupid arguments of all the anti-gay arguments.

Of course you didn't hear about his sexuality - - why would you.

Because heterosexuality was the only thing accepted/allowed - and shoved down everyone's throat.

Read what you just wrote - and ask yourself who is being stupid!?!
SEXUAL PREFERENCE is MEANINGLESS!!! NOBODY, other than gay people who want to prance around and flaunt their gayness, really gives a crap what someone's sexual preference is.

Sex takes place in private for a reason - gay people need to learn to keep it there!

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by Annee

Who cares about footnotes in history?

The problem is this.

In no way shape or form,should a school system,or a stranger, teach my children about sex,gender issues in America,or even Politics!

For someone who is so "liberated" into telling Parents how wrong they are,you sure have no problem hiding the fact that their is a collective agenda to indoctrinate Americas children.

Collective Agenda to Indoctrinate Americas Children? Did you go to Big Boy school to come up with that?

?Adults? need to get over the sex hangup.

If children were taught at an early age about the body chemistry and how it creates pheromones for sexual attraction "LUST" - - - they'd all be sexually smarter as they grew up.

They'd learn just because you feel an attraction to someone - - it is not LOVE. It is LUST - - a chemical attraction.

LOVE is a responsibility and commitment. Sex is really a very minor part in the equation of LIFE partnering.

They should be taught the chemical makeup determines who you are attracted to - - including which gender. There is nothing wrong if your chemicals are attracted to same gender. Its your body makeup. Completely normal and natural.

YAY! To the smarter - more aware - next generation.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

OK - - my mom was raised racist.

She raised us to know and accept "People as their Heart".

Why? Because its our generation - - not hers.

I was born into a mixed race family.

Teaching your children right and wrong,is as common as getting up in the morning.

I take offense to those who "believe" its their right,to tell me how to raise my children,and to let schools "teach" a child right and wrong. I dont want my 8 year old child to protest a sitting Governor.I don't want them to praise Obama either,with song. You cant play race with me.it wont work.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Go ahead and teach brain-body chemistry.

You can't teach people to do math, so I'm not overly confident in your ability to remove the Looney-Left of the Religious-Zealot agendas out of schooling and teach something useful and relevant to schooling let alone brain-body chemistry.

One wonders if you care this much about children being taught alegebra.
edit on 2012/1/5 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Who knew.

Shall we also give extraneous details about great inventors, scientists, academics, criminals about their preferential sexual habits.

The arrogance and ignorance of the anti-gay crowd is astounding. Gays aren't like me - there's something wrong with them.

No - there is nothing wrong with those born with same gender attraction. There is something wrong with those who create fear by ignorance.

Its time we accept life as it is created - - - and quit shoving it in the closet.

Do you read what you write before you click "post"??? Do you recognize your own hypocrisy and proceed anyway? NO ONE, save a few ignorant religious extremists, really care about an individuals sexual preference. Gays are welcome to enjoy whatever deviant behavior they'd like - in PRIVATE - just like the rest of us.

EVERYONE's sexuality is "In the closet" and needs to remain there. When gays realize this and stop shoving their gay pride crap in people's faces, they are likely to begin enjoying some more acceptance from society as a whole. Dominatrixes and fetishists aren't running around flaunting their sexual behavior and making demands for special concessions because of their sexual preferences. Only gays do that. It is to their own detriment that they do this.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Go ahead and teach brain-body chemistry.

You can't teach people to do math, so I'm not overly confident in your ability to remove the Looney-Left of the Religious-Zealot agendas out of schooling and teach something useful and relevant to schooling let alone brain-body chemistry.

One wonders if you care this much about children being taught

Me? What does one have to do with the other?

I'm on my third generation of raising children. My daughters are in their 40s. My first grandson I helped raise is 18. I'm now raising an 11 year old granddaughter and 4 year old grandson - - in GASP! CALIFORNIA.

Math? Yeah - lets make kids computer robots - make them sit and do equations. (My granddaughter happens to get As in math - just a side note).

How about this - - we encourage kids to THINK. That's a new concept.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Why are you raising your grandchildren? Why aren't your children raising them? Are you that controlling that you have to determine how to raise your children's children?

ETA...

If you want to teach children to "think" then STOP indoctrinating them with WHAT to THINK!

edit on 5-1-2012 by kozmo because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-1-2012 by kozmo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Exactly how is it teaching them to think to do as Texas does and reduce information, or do a you want an add in things things that don't matter?

Critical thinking. Something everyone could do with more teaching in.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Cool. I thought all the school systems in the west had stopped teaching about Greeco-Roman history.

I laugh. Like any school system in the United States teaches ANY history outside its borders.

California State Mandated Requirements (EC 51225.3) for High School Graduation

Three years of history/social science, including one year of U.S. history & geography; one year of world history, culture, and geography; and one semester each of American government and economics.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
reply to post by Annee

Why are you raising your grandchildren? Why aren't your children raising them? Are you that controlling that you have to determine how to raise your children's children?

Because the 4 year olds daddy died of Leukemia before he was a month old.

His mom is the soul source of income. She works.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

Hi Cuz

Except of course...when it comes to the IDEA of Gay Marriage - then the 'breeders' in the US start to REALLY care about what goes on in all the Closed Door Bedrooms of gay men and women !!

It always makes me laugh outloud when I hear breeder's talking about the sanctity of hetero-sexuality and dragging in Jeeezzuzzz or the Baaaahble into it - especially American-English speaking persons who style themselves as proud 'Christians' - most of whom cannot even read the New Testament Greek - but they never have an issue about getting Divorced - Anita Bryant springs to mind - the Baaaaahble's NT forbidding legistlation against Divorce did not seem bother her getting a divorce AND a remarriage - despite R. Yehoshua's apodeictic stance ('a man must never ever divorce his wife and marry another ! It would be the same as Adultery...' and we all (should) know the penalty in ancient Judaean times that adulterers paid !!

Now if only the 'bahhble' believing fundamentalist American 'christian' would actually take the time and trouble to read ALL the words placed into their precious Greek-speaking Iesous' mouth (or read about all the up 'rubbing up' against his nipple talk in John 13:23, maybe they would think twice about casting aspersions !!)

To say nothing of David and Jonathan - who were doing ALOT more apparently than holding hands according to Jonathan's daddy (1 Sam 20:30 !!!) or 2 Sam chapter 1 ('Jonathan Jonathan, my love for thee was strange - far surpassing that of any female !!')

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

California State Mandated Requirements (EC 51225.3) for High School Graduation

Three years of history/social science, including one year of U.S. history & geography; one year of world history, culture, and geography; and one semester each of American government and economics.

Apparently in that year, the top priority is learning about vases.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join