It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Hampshire Primary, January 10

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

Huntsman put his eggs in this NH vote...

Gingrich and Santorum will probably wait until the SC and FLA primaries to make a decision..

I guess that's Perry's angle as well... ???

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
FTR:

New Hampshire - 130 of 301 Precincts Reporting - 43%
Name Party Votes Vote %
Romney , Mitt GOP 32,942 37%
Paul , Ron GOP 20,735 23%
Huntsman , Jon GOP 14,906 17%
Gingrich , Newt GOP 8,848 10%
Santorum , Rick GOP 8,703 10%
Perry , Rick GOP 658 1%
Total Write-ins GOP 421 0%
Roemer , Buddy GOP 338 0%

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian
If Paul can perform as good come South Carolina, I think the Romney campaign will have to consider Paul as a serious contender to the nomination. I don't think Paul will perform well when it comes to the social conservative states, but then again he has outperformed expectations twice.. so I'll wait and see.

Well Paul is southern Christian and Romney is Mormon.

I do think that is a factor.
edit on 10-1-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian
Again, as somebody who doesn't like most of Paul's policies and political positions, I'm not afraid to admit that he performed well beyond expectation. He was polled at 17% by real clear politics yet he is currently showing at 25% and he is tailing not too far from Romney. If anything this demonstrates that there is a growing voice in the Republican party that wants change, atleast in the foreign policy department of things. I do think the GOP establishment will need somehow adapt their message to the new libertarian base within the party, or they may verywell end up with a fractured vote come the general elections.

If Paul can perform as good come South Carolina, I think the Romney campaign will have to consider Paul as a serious contender to the nomination. I don't think Paul will perform well when it comes to the social conservative states, but then again he has outperformed expectations twice.. so I'll wait and see.

I just have to say that I give you a lot of respect for at least acknowledging that Paul is on the board, and I know you aren't a Paul supporter by any stretch, so thanks for the honesty.

I do remember some here on ATS who really dislike Paul acting as if he had no real support and said realclearpolitics polls back then showed the reality of it. The fact is, Paul has huge support no matter how it's spun. There were those who claimed he would never get past the 10 percentile rank. There were those who said we could look forward to him getting less than 2% of the vote in Iowa. He has proved those theories wrong big time here tonight and in Iowa.

edit on 10-1-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Ron Paul is about to layeth the smacketh down on the MSM, and these candy a** warmongering jabronis. That was an inspiring speech indeed. Especially when they chanted his name.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
Well Paul is southern Christian and Romney is Moron.

Fixed it for you.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zanti Misfit
reply to post by ugie1028

If you Calculate the Pecentage of Votes for Huntsman, Santorum , Gingrich, and Perry , it comes to about 38 Pecent of the Vote . With Romney Finishing with around 36, and Paul Finishing with about 24 , without the Other Candidates in that NH Primary , Paul had a good chance of beating Romney if he could of Captured at least 26 Percent of those other 38 Percent Votes and possiblly Defeating him by a Margin of 50 Percent to 48 Percent . The point I am trying to make here is that those 4 other Candidates are hurting Paul's chances in all these Primaries so far . Until those 4 Decide to Drop out of the Race , I just don't see Paul Winning in any of the remaining Primaries , do you ?
edit on 10-1-2012 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

Ummm...your math is way off.

26% of the remaining 38% would add around 10% to Paul...not a full 26%.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147

Originally posted by Annee
Well Paul is southern Christian and Romney is Moron.

Fixed it for you.

I was Mormon for 5 years in my life. They are definitely NOT Morons.

I admire them greatly as hard working people.

They are Christians - - and its really stupid of other Christians to keep up the "divide".

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
A much needed victory tonight! Sooooo, where are our usual anti-Paul trolls who said his poll numbers wouldn't translate to actual votes, and that he would NEVER get out of single digits...not so much anymore, huh trolls?

edit on 10-1-2012 by 27jd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

Well technically you can't get out of the double digits unless you get 100% of the votes, but I know what you mean.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

Oh, the trolls are still here.
They change their story, and their predictions, but they are still here.
Edit: I knew what you meant, single digits.

edit on 10-1-2012 by SurrealisticPillow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Chill out. It was a jab at Mitt, not your religion.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Zanti Misfit

I think the repubs will keep their majority. People not so long ago saw their mistake in letting the majority of dems + obama in 08 to make it twice.

I dont see that happening. I think people are aware in keeping the balance this time around.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
obummer.webclik.com... cause ron paul is the man

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

link   
obummer.webclik.com... cause ron paul is the man

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

link   
reply to post by mossme89

Thanks for catching that, a little excited I guess, meant single digits...

link   
reply to post by Annee

You would think that but in southern states, most think Paul is a traitor. He hates Israel and wants Iran to "wipe them off the face of the Earth". I get this sharp pain right behind my left eye every time I hear this. Gingrich is the favorite (at least here in Alabama) but I actually heard a caller on a local radio show say that those women that brought down Cain should be tried for treason. He continued to say they ruined the only chance we had to save America. I'm hoping by the time the primary here that its Romney and Paul.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Hey Folks.. talking as a member here...

This thread has gone on for quite a few pages with some very good input on all sides of the spectrum..

Why invite.. or interject.. responses that would tend to move this into another direction?

Can we please discuss the topic?

edit on Tue, 10 Jan 2012 20:43:30 -0600 by JacKatMtn because: sp

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
A much needed victory tonight! Sooooo, where are our usual anti-Paul trolls who said his poll numbers wouldn't translate to actual votes, and that he would NEVER get out of single digits...not so much anymore, huh trolls?

edit on 10-1-2012 by 27jd because: (no reason given)

I have always gone very much by the polls.

He has a consistent 15% base...and he has done well in Iowa and NH in bring out young first time voters.

He is still very low in the national polls...and 10% in SC and FL.

Like I said...I stick with the polls...and it still isn't a good picture for Paul.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Ron Paul is not anti-Israel, he's against foreign aid to them.
edit on 10-1-2012 by mossme89 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join