It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what is the limit of your own personal justice

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by LongbottomLeaf
reply to post by ErroneousDylan

Typical sheltered view on life. It would keep him from hurting someone else. And it's what any real man with any shape or form of testicles would do. You wait until someone you love is hurt and we'll see how you change.

Please do not arrogantly assume what my beliefs are. Could you not imprison this person and keep him from hurting someone else? Maybe he has mental problems that need to be worked out and is already suffering horribly within his mind. Your morality is strictly opinion based.

If someone you loved were hurt the damage would have already been done. Acting hurtful like the person you so despise isn't going to change that matter. That is hypocrisy.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

I'm not assuming anything, you basically said them yourself. No because there is no such thing as a life sentence. And I'm assuming you think a man deserves to live without the pain and anguish they have done upon their victim? Your mindset is what keeps criminals in business. "do what you want they'll just throw you in jail for a few years". Start doing what I propose and see how quick crime rates drop.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

I'm not assuming anything, you basically said them yourself. No because there is no such thing as a life sentence. And I'm assuming you think a man deserves to live without the pain and anguish they have done upon their victim? Your mindset is what keeps criminals in business. "do what you want they'll just throw you in jail for a few years". Start doing what I propose and see how quick crime rates drop.

Nobody deserves to live with pain and anguish, regardless of what they have done. That is just your irrational opinion. What you are saying is that the justice system is what is effecting the outcome of people with disturbed minds, which is a fallacy. Criminals do not act in regards of thinking about a negative outcome, they act in regards of a positive outcome and what they ultimately want.

A bank robber would not think to himself "Okay, I will rob a bank and only have to get a few years in prison." they would think "I will rob a bank and flee the country, where I can be safe and live happily with my money." The hypocritical system you are pitching would not effect the impulsive. The damage would already be done regardless.

There is such thing as a life-sentence, I'm not sure where you are getting that information from. Also, there is therapy and social rehabilitation. Just because a man made a mistake does not mean he should be removed from all chance to turn his life around. To do a wrong to him for him doing a wrong is just ridiculous and makes no sense. That is death worship, not life worship.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Sorry I have no place in my heart for people who hinder the betterment of humanity.
edit on 4-1-2012 by LongbottomLeaf because: erf

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Oh and life sentence is approximatley 30 years in the united states

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by LongbottomLeaf

You can be sentenced multiple lifes.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

True, we can keep going back and forth or we can agree to disagree. Which I prefer the latter.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Justice can be brutal, but not cruel.
Just like it is in nature.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Ok say mother was raped and tortured youd want to love that man? You go right ahead Id kill him for you out of respect for human dignity.
edit on 4-1-2012 by LongbottomLeaf because: ert

Not all rapist's are male. If I remember correctly, most male rapist's where themselves raped as small children by older women.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by korathin

It goes either way id kill em
edit on 5-1-2012 by LongbottomLeaf because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join