It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I figure it's about time

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Hello! Finally decided to register because I can't keep being a quiet lurker anymore. I've seen too many posts I'd like to comment on, so here I am.

I first discovered ATS about 4 years ago when I began researching things for myself rather than taking everything at face value and not going any further. What got me started was the movie Zeitgeist, which blew my mind at the time. So I began watching every youtube video I could get my cursor on from a wide range of topics. Not much longer after that, I began to listen to some of Alex Jones' broadcasts and researched Ron Paul and aliens which lead me to the ATS forum(about 3 and a half years ago). ATS has come a long way since then, I can tell because almost everything back then should have been in the Skunk Works as the foil-hats were the majority.

A little over a year ago I began scanning alternative news sites for "What doesn't get reported" in the mass media. I found ATS again and saw a very positive change in the Threads of Today. So I lurked for months on end reading posts I had valuable insight on, but decided not to bother. Which brings us to here and now
Nice to meet you all.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by NotApplicable

Welcome to ATS - I also was a lurker for a long time - it's way more fun contributing though

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Hi , and welcome to the Introductions Forum of the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

General ATS Discussion Etiquette.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

New Rules for Avatars and Mini-ProfileBackgrounds

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

ATS Video Tutorials

Signature Guidelines

Terms & Conditions

Take some time to look around and orient yourself.

~Keeper
ATS Moderator

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS!

Glad you came out of the darkness of lurkerdom and into the light of ummm.....

nonlurkerdom....

Anyways, Welcome!!

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
hi

welcome and I hope you enjoy.....

and we add 1 to the tally....nice

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Thanks for the warm welcome!

I am eager to start a new thread I feel concerned about but it looks like I will have to get 20 posts first

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Fresh and typically obscure perpectives foster creative thought in others that are otherwise brain-locked. I always appreciate the help. Please be unafraid to help no matter how off-beat you think your thoughts might be.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Welcome! I hope that we can help you on your way to understanding all things!

See you around the forums,
Seraph

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Welcome. My story of finding is almost word for word the same as yours. I look forward to your input.

PS Zeitgeist is awesome movie

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by PutAQuarterIn

Interesting! How long did you lurk before registering?

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

hi nonapplicable,

when filling out forms, my favorite answer is n/a since i don't have an opinion on many subjets.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by citizen6511

Haha I did the same with the Username field during registration

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

I lurked on and off for about 3 years. Early last year I started reading this site like it was the morning paper until one day I saw a post so bogus I could no longer resist.

new topics

top topics

join