It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The LIVE Iowa Caucus Road To The Whitehouse Thread. CSPAN and Other Live Streams!

page: 46
<< 43  44  45    47 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

Originally posted by illuminatislave
What will the Paulers do when he doesn't get the nomination for his CORRUPT party

Wake up. Seriously, you guys don't make a good case for yourselves here.

You worry to much about "Party" affiliation

Wake up , Seriously
edit on 4-1-2012 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

If I were a blind follower, I wouldn't worry about party affiliations either.

I'm not. And I can see plain as day that Paul rolls with corrupt pigs.

Corrupt pigs that do not want him winning the nomination. Wake up. And I would love to find out how many Paulers voted for Bush back in 2000 and held their noses up at people crying foul over that election

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
The only reason they even put Ron Paul up close to the top was to placate the masses who could clearly see online (where real people live) that Ron Paul was winning by a landslide all of the WORLD (not just in the U.S.), they knew they could not ignore him anly longer, so to pacify the masses, and to cover up their conspiracy of pushing the "so called" elites puppet to the top,......they put Ron Paul "close" to the top...just out of reach of the Presidency, that way they could say..."Oh, looks like Ron Paul was close, but no cigar". RON PAUL HAS BEEN THE WINNER FROM THE BEGINNING BY A LANDSLIDE. Clearly the polls everywhere except on the controlled media sites like MSNBC,CNN,FOX and the like (you know the ones that keep lying)...everywhere the polls online and in the rest of the world clearly have marked Ron Paul the victor. Not some moron, uh hem, mormon.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by MegaMind
So who has the delegate count - I read Paul, Santorum, Romney all tied. Go Ron!

I believe it's 6 delegates each for Ron, Rick, Mitt, then Newt has 4 and RickP 3. There are 3 up for grabs yet. County conventions are the next step.

Three way tie for now no matter what the total vote counts were.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Ron Paul far from lost. People were giving him no chance, then he comes in a close 3rd. Come on people, he is legit. Every time that I am online, either on FB looking at news stations FB pages or on their websites looking at comments, there are so many comments praising him...like 7 to 1. This Iowa thing proves that Ron Paul is in the Race. I think its gonna come down to Ron Paul and Mitt Romney, hopefully Dr. Paul will prevail.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Phenomium

I´m a daily follower of ATS and that made me aware of Ron Paul and I must say I find him a great man so far, but here in my country, Argentina, the MSM wasn´t even talking about your elections but today they published an article that only mentions Ron Paul once almost at the end of it as a little player in politics... I wrote some comments on their web page of course.

tn.com.ar...

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Interesting how Romney guaranteed victory in Iowa just like G W Bush guaranteed he would win Florida in 2000. Same ol song and dance......

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Elsha

Mitt Romney.................25%
Rick Santorum .............25%
Ron Paul ......................21%
Newt Gingrich...............13%.
Rick Perry.....................10%
Michelle Bachman..........5%
John Huntsman .............1%

With the exception of Huntsman the GOP electorate has briefly got behind every candidate in that list has had a "Surge in the Polls!" It is as if there is a desperation by the Parties core voters to find anyone besides Romney....but the "Establishment" is behind Romney.

Romney has by far spent the most money and has the most money on hand...and yet 75% of his party rejected him in Iowa.

CNN did polling last night and asked voters in Iowa "why" they opted for each of the three leading candidates..

Romney..."Most electable"
Santorum..."Family/Christian Values"
Ron Paul...."True Conservative"

The GOP is split between these motivating factors.

Establsihment/Strategists - Romney

Christian Right plus Christian right TPers - Santorum

Tea Party Libertarians - Ron Paul

Romney can't get the TP vote...at least not enthusiastically, and enthusiasm matters.

The problem is that with three candidates running so closely, each within reach of the nomination, means they will continue to rip into one another starting with the New Hampshire Primary debate on the 7th.

And it is not just the top 3 who are going to come out swinging, Newt Gingrich made it clear last night that he is taking off the gloves.

Romney will have to spend much more money to secure the nomination...Less money for the general election.

Ron Paul will not go quitely away and it appears the Media has finally been forced to pay attention to him. Expect him to get prominent air-time in New Hampshire.

Newt will be throwing punches in all directions.

Santorum has to pivet to an economic sales pitch going forward if he is to survive since he can't rely on the Christian Right vote in states like New Hampshire.

If Romney gets the Nomination, He can count on establishment votes, plus the "hold your nose and vote" crowd who just wants Obama out...but he can't secure the independants who decide elections...they need to be motivated to go to the Polls.

If Ron Paul gets the nomination he will pull independants and TPers, but lose GOP establishment thoroughly due to his indiscriminate dislike of Welfare...not just citizens, but corporate as well
and his hatred of the Military Industrial Complex...Romney, Santorum, Newt etc are hammering the Iran thing.

Everyone else will be gone soon.

Romney looks like the Nominee to me, but he will take a beating before then and when he does get the Nomination ...then he has two choices after the nomination...

Pivot to the center...to get independants and hope the far right will hang in there just to oust President Obama.

Stay to the right and secure the base...but make himself an easy target for President Obama.

Doesn't seem likely he will pull it off after battling the contenders over the next couple months.

edit on 4-1-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Since when did more war and Santorum's tough talk about dropping bombs on other countries ever been considered Christian or about family values? Oh yes, The Crusades! He said Jesus! He's one of us! Who cares who he wants to go to war with! He said Jesus!

What a joke.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phenomium
The only reason they even put Ron Paul up close to the top was to placate the masses who could clearly see online (where real people live) that Ron Paul was winning by a landslide all of the WORLD (not just in the U.S.), they knew they could not ignore him anly longer, so to pacify the masses, and to cover up their conspiracy of pushing the "so called" elites puppet to the top,......they put Ron Paul "close" to the top...just out of reach of the Presidency, that way they could say..."Oh, looks like Ron Paul was close, but no cigar". RON PAUL HAS BEEN THE WINNER FROM THE BEGINNING BY A LANDSLIDE. Clearly the polls everywhere except on the controlled media sites like MSNBC,CNN,FOX and the like (you know the ones that keep lying)...everywhere the polls online and in the rest of the world clearly have marked Ron Paul the victor. Not some moron, uh hem, mormon.

Well you know how elections happen, people who care go out and vote for who they want to win. Opinion polls on the net count for nothing - why should they? What's stopping you voting more than once on many of them? People in Iowa voted RP in 3rd, you don't like that, make sure you vote if you are a member of the party that is entitled to. This isn't an 'elite' thing as much as you would like it to be.You are now going to do the rolly eye thing and say it was obviously rigged aren't you? Well, whatever floats your boat.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tesclo

Since when did more war and Santorum's tough talk about dropping bombs on other countries ever been considered Christian or about family values? Oh yes, The Crusades! He said Jesus! He's one of us! Who cares who he wants to go to war with! He said Jesus!

What a joke.

So, the caucus was in a pretty conservative state. Seriously, all you have to do is scream family values, God, Jesus, I love America, puppies, hard working men and women, guns and bombing the evil doers and you're a slam dunk.

The mentality after 9/11 that we have as a nation has now become sickening. We are sooooo arrogant as a nation that most of us believe that it is o.k. for us to impose our will on lesser nations just because we were attacked. Actually, even that isn't true. We impose our will because we think it is our right.

ALL empires fail and we'll be no different unless we learn to reign in our affairs in other countries.

That's why I'm am amazed that Paul did as well as he did. I was hoping for a win, but I'll take 2nd. IMHO, it was a tie between Romney and Santorum.

The problem with Santorum's push is that he will likely keep up his rhetoric about bombing Iran through the next couple of caucuses. Should give you a taste of what "conservatives" really want this election.

Will it be fixing the economy, jobs or gimme more war.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Freenrgy2

I couldn't have said it better myself and I agree with everything you said.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Since Bachmann is now out, I am wondering where her warmonger vote will go to? Possibly Santorum, but I am hoping that it goes to RP, but that could all be a dream.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
Since Bachmann is now out, I am wondering where her warmonger vote will go to? Possibly Santorum, but I am hoping that it goes to RP, but that could all be a dream.

Lord no...Paul is the least attractive to the Warmonger vote. Even in his speech last night in Iowa he hammered the Military Industrial complex and endless wars.

He is the only candidate whose platform includes "Who cares if Iran wants nukes".

Which I kinda agree with..we treat it like it's a big deal when it's not. Iran knows if they ever used a nuke that we could make the entire middle east a crater in the blink of an eye. No reason to negotiate with them for special deals as long as they stop playing with uranium, lets focus at home and not imagine reasons to occupy the world.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Lord no...Paul is the least attractive to the Warmonger vote. Even in his speech last night in Iowa he hammered the Military Industrial complex and endless wars.

He is the only candidate whose platform includes "Who cares if Iran wants nukes".

Which I kinda agree with..we treat it like it's a big deal when it's not. Iran knows if they ever used a nuke that we could make the entire middle east a crater in the blink of an eye. No reason to negotiate with them for special deals as long as they stop playing with uranium, lets focus at home and not imagine reasons to occupy the world.

Well, I don't think the Paul camp is saying that they don't care if Iran has nukes, only that they don't and as of now they are not a threat. I think they do care if they get them, but if and when they get them remains to be seen. I think they also realize that Iran having nukes is a threat only to Israel and that Israel can and has stated that they can take care of themselves.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Livefreeordieinnh be livin up in the granite state. I can report from the ground out west of Manchvegas that the Mitt signs are looking a little worn around the edges, the Jon2012 signs are about a month newer, Perry a month newer still, and Santorum bombed everyones yards today. They are always those little annoying "We Do Yard Work"-sized signs that accumulate in ridiculous portion, as if lining a half-mile hedgerow of them convert me to your candidate.

I've discovered that your life really does have four seasons, and the die is cast for the way you think politically by about mid-summer. It can change in winter I suppose, when you're afraid of being cold forever....

The point I take away from the caucuses is that the Republican party is fractured into three distinct groups along (seemingly) single issue lines. I'll call them the fiscal cons, the social cons, and the extremes. Not that extreme means anything bad. You can have extremely good health, for example. There is one slot for each vein of conservative, and at this point Mitt takes the voters that are concerned about fiscal-ness first, the social cons have hopped between Bachmann, then Perry, then Cain, Newt, absurdly I might add, and I guess now it's Santorum.

The stuff that's come out of that guys mouth is astounding. Now we know who wrote the Ron Paul letters...

Which brings me to the extremocons, who have, with the youth and independents, chosen the aforementioned Doctor. White supremacists, truthers, rastafarians, they all flock to this guy.

Now it's been said, and I believe it, that Paul's support isn't easily transferable...I think the 20% or so he pulled in Iowa could be whittled down to about 12-15% of the Republican voters who will bolt if he's not the nominee. They won't vote for a Romney or a Perrytorumgrich.

For a party that doesn't stack up to the numbers Democrats put up in the Generally, is 12-15% a price too hard to pay? Enter the establishment hacks to bend over backwards to try and lie to Paulbots and say they're totally gonna do some Ron Paul type sh!zz so long as you lever for Romney.

Livefreeordie ain't buyin it. I'll vote Ron Paul or nothing. Try trollin me and say I shouldn't. x0x0x

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by primus2012

Originally posted by MegaMind
So who has the delegate count - I read Paul, Santorum, Romney all tied. Go Ron!

I believe it's 6 delegates each for Ron, Rick, Mitt, then Newt has 4 and RickP 3. There are 3 up for grabs yet. County conventions are the next step.

Three way tie for now no matter what the total vote counts were.

No one has any delegates.

For a site and a group of people who say they don't trust the media...you sure are going along with their made up numbers willingly

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Tesclo

Votes were not "counted" in a secret place...I keep seeing you say this and it isn't true.

Every precinct vote was counted with campaign staffers there watching...Ron Paul's campaign said they had someone at every precinct.

Do you see Ron Paul's campaign crying fraud??? No...because they know this was legit.

Face reality and move on...stop try to spread lies.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Ron Paul will most likely get the Second most Delegates in NH. Not Santorum . He may not win, but he sure as hell can keep the other Candidates (Romney, Gingrich) from getting the necessary number of Delegates in order to Win the Nomination. Even Sarah Palin is aware of that , Paul's Support Base Will Not Go away until the Bitter End, and where they go then is Nobody's Guess.......

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Do you see Ron Paul's campaign crying fraud??? No...because they know this was legit.

No, they are keeping it professional, because they know if it was any other candidate they would of been crying fraud.. Little Brother doesn't cry to Big Brother...

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by KonquestAbySS
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

No, they are keeping it professional, because they know if it was any other candidate they would of been crying fraud.. Little Brother doesn't cry to Big Brother...

Well that would be a new tactic for Ron Paul.

He seems to cry about everything else.

new topics

top topics

<< 43  44  45    47 >>

join