It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Montana To Use Unmanned Drones Against Wolves

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

.........whats unconstitutional about it again?

Ever heard of posse commitatus?

no one said they were using missles to kil these wolves.......nor predator drones........there are a plethora of other type of drones.........come on man.........lets use some common sense here

Oh really. How do you kill wolves with drones without missiles? Or are they talking about new drones being developed right now with machine guns? You still need to pay hundreds of thousands to have armed drones in the sky, along with trained pilots, upkeep cost and weapon costs.

Because seems to me the senator was talking about ``stuff our soldiers use in a battlefield``... which are predator drones.

This stupid idea is of course by some defense industry shills trying to make money off the taxpayers, as always.

Pay people a bounty on wolves killed. Simple, way cheaper. It will also put money in people's hands instead of those big defense corporations.

Turn this problem into jobs, it will create jobs AND solve a problem. Way better than the stimulus BS green jobs at 300k a pop.
edit on 2-1-2012 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Umm yeah I have,

But whose to say they arent using police personnel and drones to operate these things......

Just because it says "drone" doesnt mean its military

Oh really. How do you kill wolves with drones without missiles? Or are they talking about new drones being developed right now with machine guns? You still need to pay hundreds of thousands to have armed drones in the sky, along with trained pilots, upkeep cost and weapon costs.

Do you honestly think that drones ony have the capability to launch missiles?

Yes "stuff our soldiers use"

That doesnt mean predator drones.........that means drones........its not specific.....

I love how people make an automatic jump without the details.......come on .....

Lots of law enforcement agencies use drones , you should read up a bit

Turn this problem into jobs, it will create jobs AND solve a problem. Way better than the stimulus BS green jobs at 300k a pop.

First you rail about cost to hire people to operate them, then you say turn it into jobs.........

make up your mind.........

Looks to me if they have these things running and people to upkeep and operate them, that IS creating jobs......

Pay people a bounty on wolves killed. Simple, way cheaper. It will also put money in people's hands instead of those big defense corporations.

Putting a bounty on them will lead to the eradication of them AGAIN.......

Atleast this way they can control the population without wiping them out.........

The fastest way do deplete a population to NILL is to put a bounty on it..........shall we not learn our lesson a 2nd time?
edit on 2-1-2012 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by CaticusMaximus

I still find it ironic though the talk of "predator management" coming from a species who is in general hyper predatory itself.

LoL I had to laugh at that too, its Ironic indeed.........

Wonder who is going to manage us when we start going extinct?

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   

First you rail about cost to hire people to operate them, then you say turn it into jobs.........

make up your mind.........

Well if you end up paying people to run drones, might as well pay people to go kill those same wolves at a cheaper price.

Lots of law enforcement agencies use drones , you should read up a bit

I know all about it and I don't agree with them doing it.

That doesnt mean predator drones.........that means drones........its not specific.....

Well then, what type EXACTLY are they talking about here? What drone do YOU think would be best suited?

Do you honestly think that drones ony have the capability to launch missiles?

Well yeah they have. Prove me wrong. Show me another US made drone that uses other weapons.

Looks to me if they have these things running and people to upkeep and operate them, that IS creating jobs......

Military jobs. Which the US has plenty of already. What about giving jobs to unemployed people?

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

Originally posted by CaticusMaximus

Thank you for the information.

anytime my friend..........always happy to provide what I can..

Like I said , Im all about conservation and taking care of our planets animals...

but i think we do have to use judgement as well, we cant just let our emotions rule what we do........same in reverse I suppose......

Its like Texas, lol non feral hogs are slaughtered wholsale down there and you never see anyone raising cain about it.......

But they arent as majestic as wolves are either......

Makes you question peoples motives really

It makes me question their reasoning and depth of compassion, certainly. Those who would only advocate for those that are outwardly beautiful are shallow, and most people are quite shallow.

I am against humanity playing God with the life of other animals. IMO humans were meant to be the keepers and guardians of the planet Earth and its inhabitants. However, humanity has cosmically failed in that regard, and is disgraceful with its handling of other species it almost universally deems "less than" human. But thats no surprise if you take into account how it treats the members in its own species... honestly, not much better.

I wish I had a solution to the problem, but until the hearts of men change, their actions will all stay the same.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   

you are asking questions to which no one can answer because it doesnt specify........how am I to know which drone they are going to use?

Point is it doesnt have to be a predator drone....

Military jobs. Which the US has plenty of already. What about giving jobs to unemployed people?

Not all drones are military..........there for they dont have to be military jobs.........

This thread isnt about jobs anyway , its about the issue of the wolf hunting......

and its not unconstitutional for the police force to use their own drones for policing purposes......

hell its not even illegal for the forest service to do it, I hear in certain areas they use them to keep track of migration of other animals......

But thats ok right?

What about the border patrol, they use drones.......and they arent military......

Or are we just picking on this because its wolves?

I notice all the rest of my proof of the action of introducing non native species in these areas was ignored by you

have a good new years at any rate!

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Sigh,

Did anyone even bother to find and read the original source article? (It took me all of 10 seconds) It might be a good idea to make sure you know even a little about what you are discussing.

Original source Article Flathead Beacon

Shooting wolves with missiles? REALLY?!? How ridiculous! The drones only have a 15 foot wingspan, how are they supposed to carry missiles? Get real. They would be used for search and tracking, for spotting hotspots in wild fires and other such tasks.

Read the article, people. The only people saying anything about hunting wolves with drones are the fools who wrote the op-ed piece in the OP.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by CaticusMaximus

It makes me question their reasoning and depth of compassion, certainly. Those who would only advocate for those that are outwardly beautiful are shallow, and most people are quite shallow. I am against humanity playing God with the life of other animals. IMO humans were meant to be the keepers and guardians of the planet Earth and its inhabitants. However, humanity has cosmically failed in that regard, and is disgraceful with its handling of other species it almost universally deems "less than" human. But thats no surprise if you take into account how it treats the members in its own species... honestly, not much better. I wish I had a solution to the problem, but until the hearts of men change, their actions will all stay the same.

I absolutely could not agree more...

very well put man.........

It bugs me a bit that when i talk about this subject people think im just cold hearted or hate animals......

We just have to remember to remain objective.......

If we make rash decisions in reaction to other decisions then we find ourselves in the same mess again....

Just like the above poster recommending a bounty........man, if you want to kill off a species thats the fastest way to do it......

We are the keepers of this planet, like you said, and yes, we are getting a big fat F in that department....

One can only hope at some point we can put the "whole" above our own arrogance

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Montana
Sigh,

Did anyone even bother to find and read the original source article? (It took me all of 10 seconds) It might be a good idea to make sure you know even a little about what you are discussing.

Original source Article Flathead Beacon

Shooting wolves with missiles? REALLY?!? How ridiculous! The drones only have a 15 foot wingspan, how are they supposed to carry missiles? Get real. They would be used for search and tracking, for spotting hotspots in wild fires and other such tasks.

Read the article, people. The only people saying anything about hunting wolves with drones are the fools who wrote the op-ed piece in the OP.

My focus in the thread wasnt so much the hunting with the drones, as to the problem of the wolves in the area .....

Until the other poster brought it up...

Thank you for clarifying it, and proving my point that it doesnt have to be military, and it doesnt have to be missile armed as well.........

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
I'm in Minnesota and the wolves are out of control far from going extinct there killing cattle in the pastures ..Infact there getting ready to have a open hunting season on them ..I'm not for killing the wolves there beautiful creatures ..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Thanks.

What angers me the most, is that this situation, whatever its specifics, should never have arisen in the first place. Wolves of wolf race B should not have ever been "reintroduced", because wolves of wolf race A should never have been obliterated to begin with.

Its difficult to not get livid over the situation if one can see it for what it is. Its even more difficult to accept the situation has no good solution, and most difficult to see that this is just a tiny microcosm of an enormous macrocosm of general human thought and behavior.

Wish I had something epic to say, but the fact is this is just plain saddening. I think at this point, I have no confidence that humanity will ever aspire to any ideal that I think it is capable of. I guess the most one can do is to try to embody those ideals themselves, and hopefully have those ideals diffuse into others via some form of etheric osmosis or something.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   

I notice all the rest of my proof of the action of introducing non native species in these areas was ignored by you

I agree with you that there's a problem... we are just arguing on the way to solve it...

Not all drones are military..........there for they dont have to be military jobs.........

Well the only places they train drone pilots are military. But I bet they can open schools for civilian use.

and its not unconstitutional for the police force to use their own drones for policing purposes......

As long as they are not armed... I think cops shouldn't have drones. Nor the army inside the US. Drones should only be used by firefighters and animal control agency.

What about the border patrol, they use drones.......and they arent military......

It's about the protecting of the borders. Much different. And those aren't armed.
edit on 2-1-2012 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   

LoL how do you know they arent armed? And I thought it didnt matter? And i thought they had to be run by military?

Border Patrol isnt military, so that throws your comment right out the window........

Didnt you read the above posts? The drone isnt military...

3. No........drones run by the police department dont have to be run or trained by military people......

You cant just make up your own information.......
edit on 2-1-2012 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   

LoL how do you know they arent armed?

It's in the news.

And I thought it didnt matter? And i thought they had to be run by military?

Armed drones matter. And ``they had to be run by the military`` because for now, they are the only ones who train pilots. They don't ``have`` to be run by the military, it's just that way most of the time.

Border Patrol isnt military?

It's national guard. And they can use them on the border since it's one of the few powers of the federal government, protecting the borders.

The drone isnt military...

For now. If it's only used to spot wild animals to then send teams to hunt them down, then it's all good.

3. No........drones run by the police department dont have to be run or trained by military people......

Never said that...

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

Grab some blood of the beast and put it in your freezer. Seems like a good investment for the post-natural age. Soon the blood of a beast will be red gold for those seeking to rebuild the world.

Hey man, if you can't beat 'em, do the 'ol switch a roo. You want to put profits first? Ok. Pay up for what you now need to live.
edit on 2-1-2012 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Why are you still talking about armed drones? I have already shown proof that no one is talking about armed drones. These are small unarmed CIVILIAN made and operated drones. The only drone pilots are military? My Lord, man... you just insulted thousands of remote control airplane owners! Please re-think your stance on this, and maybe read the original source.

Oh, and the OP is misleading in that Sen Bauccus wasn't even at the test flight. He made his remarks long-distance and even then the authors of the OP misquoted him.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Well the human race is getting out of control. So should "they" start using these drones to kill us off as well? I hate the killing of anything and this is just playing God IMO.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

edit on 2-1-2012 by baddmove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by baddmove

edit on 2-1-2012 by baddmove because: (no reason given)

Why does the cost matter? You think politicians care?

Looks at Halliburton in Iraq. No bid contract, and their incentive was that they got paid more, proportionally, for the more money they spent. These were tax payers dollars of course... So they spent as much as possible and lavish retreats, fully loaded escalades, massive dinners. And because they couldn't make money fast enough, they destroyed vehicles, threw massive amounts of food out, because it was all going on the tax payers tab.

So why would a politician ever care about how much this endevour was going to cost? If they helped their defense contractor friend out, and got a nice little kick back, that's all that matters.

Plus, it's fun to watch things die...

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

Does it run on Windows??? If so start running now...

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join