It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Siberia to separate from Russia to become a part of USA

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Siberia to separate from Russia to become a part of USA

english.pravda.ru

The idea to separate Siberia and annex the territory to the United States of America has been engrossing the minds of Siberian separatists for a long time already. Surprisingly, or maybe not, they find the support from across the ocean.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I was thinking of a Siberian vacation this year and found this interesting story. If they were able to annex Siberia it might make traveling there easier. Hopefully we can get them setup with fast food restaurants and Obama care clinics right away.

The article specifically states that "this is no joke". In fact, Siberia is similar to Alaska or the UP in Michigan. One of those places that is not good for much. People avoid living there due to harsh conditions.

But increasingly, I am thinking that it might be a good place to go. I probably could keep as many guns around as I want. No one would care what color I paint my house. (Need to put up some home depots there too). The "owners association" would not be on my back about mowing the lawn or putting the trash cans away. It might be great.

english.pravda.ru
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Interesting.

Prepare for some flames, especially from that cut on Michigan's UP.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Surely this would provide additional security threats to Russia. I don't think Siberians will be so fast to sign up to this if they knew what was going on in the USA right now.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
im hoping this isnt real (pravda) as some how i dont think the russians would want to loose those pacific ports let alone invite uncle sam to be neighbors and from what little i know about the region isnt it mineral oil and other precious thingys rich? so i dobut this will end up to be but hey if it happens that will be one hell of a game changer

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I don't understand the humour in this article. usually I laugh at anything but this doesn't even bring a chuckle.

THE ARTICLE IS A JOKE, NOT REAL.

edit on 31-12-2011 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Seriously ? Who would want to join the usa at present times ?

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Is this even believable?

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
real-agenda.com... some info on the politician suposedly behind this in the usa

en.wikipedia.org... and his wikipedia page so thats all i could find in the breif time i looked

it seems the general consensus is this was suposed to be a humor article but failed miserably although it would be a funny coincidence if we started shipping off political dissedents to siberia......

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
This is fantastic news for now the possibility of reuniting long lost relatives takes a giant leap forward...

Bigfoot and Yeti together again. Brings tears to my eyes.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Is Pravda basically the Weekly World News of Russia?

There is always some crazy wonky story out of them.

If Siberia became part of the USA we could call it West Minnesota... The climate is rather similar!

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by KilrathiLG

Well, whether or not they can really do it is a separate issue. When USSR flew apart they lost real estate. Sounds like they are tired of being exploited. It would be great if we could take over exploiting them.

It does not surprise me that they want in to the club of USA states. Cause we got it going on.

10-15 million illegal aliens can't be wrong....

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
There would be absolutely no way Russia would allow this to happen. There are just too many natural resources there for the Russian Federation to just give it to the USA.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
We could always offer the illegal aliens in the USA full amnesty on one condition... they all have to relocate to the new USA's Siberia (now called West Minnesota) to populate and develop the area. We could even give them all free land to go like they did in Alaska.

Would solve a bunch of issues all at once. (Though, I think it might be hard to find any takers on the offer).

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

This is fantastic news for now the possibility of reuniting long lost relatives takes a giant leap forward...

Bigfoot and Yeti together again. Brings tears to my eyes.

What a great idea for a reality show!

They actually just caught one.

Yeti capture thread on ATS

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Is this something that was written by Sorcha Faal? It somewhat sounds like her kind of "news story". If it's supposed to be a joke like some are saying, I don't get it. Perhaps it's funny to Russians or something. If it's supposed to be serious, there is no way Russia would allow this and I doubt the U.S. would try to force the issue. America doesn't pick fights with countries that could actually fight back.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Is this for real? I guess I'll have to follow this now thread to find out.

@TheMindWar: Do you know many people in the U.S., or elsewhere in the world, who actually know what's going on? It seems to me that many folks just think they know what's going on.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by kawika

Russia would never allow this to happen.

To have the US on their border is not going to go over well at all.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
This is amazing.

I've been wanting to visit Siberia for years. But it seems like I could never get anyone to want to come with me to one of the most desolate, naturally inhospitable, logistically difficult places to visit on the planet. If this becomes a U.S. territory, I'm so there. Yesterday.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
The Alaskan natives would finally be reunited with their long lost brothers from across the Bering Sea, which is a good thing. We would also have a lot more land to visit and settle, it would be another pioneer type of days except this time to one of the worst climate areas in the world. It would offer Americans a good opportunity at new land and jobs seeing as how the area is really lacking in infrastructure and transportation development. Plus, all of that could be done by the illegals on the promise that they will become legal citizens with land in Siberia. Not to mention I, and millions like myself, would love to visit Siberia, especially the Kamchatka Peninsula.

But, alas, the chances of such a thing happening is probably 0.000001% because Russia would never allow the United States to have a land border with her.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join