It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ''Namaste'' Crowd - Another Mind Control Layer?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Posting my support. I find it incredibly annoying and pretentious. Funny how it has the opposite effect that I believe they are intending.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Thank you for starting this thread! I've thought exactly the same thing.

I'm inclined towards a sort of paganism myself, but my philosophy rejects dogma in any form, and I'm a loner, not a joiner. So many of the New Age "namaste" people frequent the same sort of vegetarian hangouts and occult shops I do. We have much in common, and most all of them are really sweet.

Sweet- but pitifully naive and they have the same sort of brainwashed haze in their eyes that you see throughout society.

But what really creeped me out was that I discovered a very strong globalist "sheeple" message in some of the "white light and foregiveness" literature. Not all- the occult/New Age world is very diverse and some of the most clearheaded authors and philosophers are classified in this genre. But there is no doubt that at least some segments of the New Age community have been thoroughly co-opted by our "friends" from the New World Order.

A very disturbing example may be found in Erwin Lazlo- embraced heartily by some of the Namasties, who seems to me to be quite an evil creature of the NWO Orwellians, yet is viewed by many as a sort of kindhearted optimistic prophet of the coming golden age of global peace and awakening.

Bulls**t , I say- I'm no Utopian.

The NWO has co-opted virtually every segment of society that longs for peaceful transitions- freedom, justice, respect for ecology, etc. all happening painlessly through some sort of osmosis and the benevolent guiding hand of ascended masters.

Bulls**t I say again- Utopianism in all its forms may well be the most destructive human concept.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by survivaloftheslickest

I am confused how someone can be so mad at people who show love and comassion? Are you in such a miserable state of mind that it makes you feel better to complain about something like that? I mean if you dont agree with something cant you keep it to yourself? Do you have to spread the negativity? I dont care for politics, but i dont start threads about how stupid everyone is for talking about politics. Its easier to just let them be. If you dont have anything nice to say dont say anything at all. This thread was started to argue about nothing. Pointless bickering.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by sputniksteve
Posting my support. I find it incredibly annoying and pretentious. Funny how it has the opposite effect that I believe they are intending.

Indeed! Exactly the opposite

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Op all I have to say to you about your OP, is back at ya!

LOl, wow it is really amazing how judgements fly when you are looking for the faults in others.

There are almost 7+ billion people on this blue marble and if you continue to encounter the namaste crowd rather than people you tend to agree with unfailingly, then perhaps existence itself is trying to tell you something.

Namaste.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by CharonIncarnate

I am confused how someone can be so mad at people who show love and comassion? Are you in such a miserable state of mind that it makes you feel better to complain about something like that? I mean if you dont agree with something cant you keep it to yourself? Do you have to spread the negativity? I dont care for politics, but i dont start threads about how stupid everyone is for talking about politics. Its easier to just let them be. If you dont have anything nice to say dont say anything at all. This thread was started to argue about nothing. Pointless bickering.

Assumption: mad. This assumption is wrong. It is not ''pointless bickering'', as you can see in many replies, you will understand what's the point of this. Free exchange of ideas, for one. Your accusations have been dealt with many times. Namaste

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
It’s all nice and well loving everyone..

And a little mental masturbation should not hurt, you may think.

But I can’t hide the feeling this is just to prepare the sheep for the slater later.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by seaside sky

A very disturbing example may be found in Erwin Lazlo- embraced heartily by some of the Namasties, who seems to me to be quite an evil creature of the NWO Orwellians, yet is viewed by many as a sort of kindhearted optimistic prophet of the coming golden age of global peace and awakening.

Bulls**t , I say- I'm no Utopian.

The NWO has co-opted virtually every segment of society that longs for peaceful transitions- freedom, justice, respect for ecology, etc. all happening painlessly through some sort of osmosis and the benevolent guiding hand of ascended masters.

Bulls**t I say again- Utopianism in all its forms may well be the most destructive human concept.

Well-said. That's precisely what the message of this thread is about. Thank you for a voice of reason. I see there was even another thread started on this very topic. I didn't expect this to become so volatile.. it's worrying, as a matter of fact. But life goes on.

Even the insults/accusations are the same, well, I wouldn't want to know what the guy'd to write to get an EXTREME T&C VIOLATION, though

Cheers!

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Not_u_again

But I can’t hide the feeling this is just to prepare the sheep for the slater later.

Aye! Like lambs to the slaughter.. All in all, they'll be the ones who suffer most!

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

Unjust violence is no more than unawareness, ignorance.
Happiness, peace and contentment are the goal if you are intelligent.

Watch how many times you stereo type others. Using words to box others only segregates yourself.

Ok so right there you used "if you are intelligent" to box someone into looking stupid if they do not namaste all over the place. Then in your very next post you said using words to box others only segregates yourself.

Are you a hypocrite, a troll, or just so genuinely bamboozled by the namasters that you honestly feel there is no conflict with these two statements?

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Huh i guess i wont understand. This is about as productive as starting a racist thread. Free exchange of pointless ideas. To divide people more. Sorry but its just petty to dislike someone because they have positive feelings for any and everyone. But your thread did attract such people. So i am done here because i dont fit in. GL with your self esteem issues :3

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dilligaf28

Unjust violence is no more than unawareness, ignorance.
Happiness, peace and contentment are the goal if you are intelligent.

Watch how many times you stereo type others. Using words to box others only segregates yourself.

Ok so right there you used "if you are intelligent" to box someone into looking stupid if they do not namaste all over the place. Then in your very next post you said using words to box others only segregates yourself.

Are you a hypocrite, a troll, or just so genuinely bamboozled by the namasters that you honestly feel there is no conflict with these two statements?

No, it just popped into my mind and I thought, ''perhaps we could discuss it?'' You see, this is called spontaneous idea generation. I posted a thread and as long as people want to discuss it, they will. Again, beating that horse to death: free exchange of ideas. Nobody is perfect, and perhaps there will be flaws in my reasoning, depending on where you're coming from. That's great! Make of it what thou whilst, just don't insult others, that's not very ''Namastetic!''

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by survivaloftheslickest

Originally posted by 1littlewolf

I never said I disregarded the message. This is a presumption, which is incorrent. On the contrary, I know many people representing this movement. Thus, I don't have to ''try you'', because what you believe is none of my business. I am sure you are who you say you are, neither naive nor manipulated. Good for you

Maybe not in so many words, but that was the message which came across. One should never presume I guess but perhaps it might have been useful to state exactly what you believe to avoid confusion unless you wanted this thread to disintegrate into a flower children vs. materialist slanging match. Your OP certainly contained a lot of presumptions of your own.

I will say that all ways of thinking have their extremists, and these are often the most vocal section as well. Obviously if their messages are the only ones you hear then I can see how you could form your point of view, but these are not the majority by any means.

And you made what I believe your business when you decided to start sledging it

The ''love and light'' group-think association is suffering from what I call the ''extremism'' syndrome. You have people who are so practical they become slaves of the five-sense reality; then, you have people who are completely ''out there'' with only a few strings attached to the material world, for lack of a better term. Only a few seem to connect both and get ''the best of both worlds''. This is the problem. Why? As 2012 approaches, you will see both concrete-minded sheep and the ones who are the ''love and light'' kind of sheep, experiencing a more and more discrepant reality of their own making.

I contend the concrete sheep will go more and more into ''denial'' mode, while the ''love and light'' crowd is going to believe they are entering another DIMENSION, in many cases resulting in mass suicides (Heaven's Gate-style), to take them to that DIMENSION of pure love.

The mass suicides will be used by TPTB as an excuse to further curtail our freedoms and - indeed - even lead to FEMA camps. In essence, the ''love and light'' crowd will have created a situation, whereby they enslave others while believing to the contrary.

They are very dangerous people indeed, not because of what they believe per se, but because of their inaction and passivity providing an excuse to strike by TPTB.

This is a ridiculous situation and I cannot believe you would seriously even entertain this notion. Their are love and lighters who represent all manner of belief systems and not even TPTB would be stupid enough to lump all of them into one single category.

You will always have people who are completely out there, I do not doubt you willl have the odd minor cult conducting a mass suicide or two, but come on.....FEMA camps...?!?! This sounds like extremist paranoid thinking on your behalf.

edit on 30/12/2011 by 1littlewolf because: (no reason given)

Time will tell who is right and who is wrong, my namaste friend. Surely I can call you that, after all we are all love and light here?

Take a quick look back through the history of civilization. I think you will find that we now have more freedoms of expression currently than we have ever had since hunter gatherer days. It is paranoid thinking such as this that has allowed TPTB within the United States to gain as much control over it's citizens personal affairs as it has.

This whole thread abounds with short sighted stereotypes trying to imply that 'love and lighters' will sit back passively as all our personal freedoms are taken away or that we are some sort of brainwashed cult composed of individuals who completely share the same beliefs and won't raise a finger as people around us are subjected to wrong doings.

Yes there are a very small minority who think like that, but I think you will find it is the the love and lighters themselves who are the most vocal about social change for the better. The love and lighters comprised a large contingent within the whole OWS movement and they always a have been the lead advocaters for social change.

Try messing with my personal freedoms on any level and you will soon regret it.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Not_u_again

Don't be mistaken my friend, I've spent enough time on this rock living in duality to be able to identify any upcoming slaughter & I can still stick my size 13 up someone's arse, if needed. You don't forget the old lessons just because you begin learning new ones.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

You insulted others and then turned around and said don't insult others.

That either makes you bamboozled, a troll, or a hypocrite. Not a spontaneous idea generator. Not an enlightened flower child. You are either bamboozled, a troll, or a hypocrite if you cannot see that using words to box one in and then saying don't box in anyone in the same breath.

And don't namaste I like my full range of emotions as much as you do

edit on 30-12-2011 by Dilligaf28 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join