It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I saw a star moving...?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by againuntodust

I know what you speak of. It is ours.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by voyger2
reply to post by C.H.U.D.

You made your point already...

So I can't address replies directed at me? Are you the "forum police" or something?

I’m starting to think you have a clear agenda here...

Yes, I do - to get to the bottom of the case in question, instead of copping out and writing it off as something unexplainable.

one of this days I will debunk your theories with all testimonials that were made here

How about right now? Or are you just going to sit there and wait till the answer falls out of thin air into your lap?

you still think that only you can distinguish a movement from a satellite / aero plain from other thing that moves random or erratic (that can go instantly fast or slow can go right or left can shine or fade etc)

Where did I say "only me", and where did I say I can "always identify anything"?

There are plenty of people that can, besides me, as I said before in the majority of cases.

That is not to say that I, or anyone else gets it right (or can identify everything) all of the time.

So tell me, how long have you been observing satellites, and why do you think that you know better than people that have been observing satellites for many years/decades?

How about actually answering some of my questions instead of brushing them off, and ranting about people that are actually trying to encourage others on here to see the reality of the situation for themselves?

I've suggested a way that it can be proved one way or another. Do you have a better suggestion?

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raxoxane

If it interacts with one,and this is witnessed by a sceptic,who agrees that it is,in fact happening,its propably not a star..or satellite.Still,you were not addressing me,so im not bickering..just a thought.

I'm happy to listen and reply to any valid comments, but I'm not sure what you were trying to say here. Perhaps you could re-phrase your comment?

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Sorry,it was'nt your reply i was in fact replying to-my bad! Must have been distracted,still getting used to the format of this vast site,bit confusing.Im gonna look now for the member reply i was intending to comment on.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by shamdaddy

Well said,lol! Im tired of looking for the reply/comment im searching for,so yeah my opinion:Too many times its made out to be satellites..as one member so correctly stated,blind belief is more close-minded than scepticism..and there must be fafillions of satellites out there.BUT there are obvious exceptions:ive interacted on more than one occasion with one of these "stars"and in the presence of my daughter,who is a great sceptic..Any one who knows his/her piece of sky+spend hours many nights watching,notices what is outa the ordinary..and if you know for sure what a satellite looks like,the difference is glaringly obvious.Not picking on members who said these thingies ARE most likely satellites,just,its an easy conclusion to come to.However,if one have seen what my family and i,and so many members have seen,one will know beyond the shadow of a doubt that these are NOT remotely resembling satellites..unless a helluva lot of em are on speed or sumthing-they like to move it-move it! BUT unlike any satellite i,for one,have ever seen-and i DO see sats also,many,every night.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Mr C.H.U.D, by the looks the only "forum police" i see here, maybe is you (or at least you are trying).

About debunking your satellites theory’s with testimonials i will do that right now, and if you are kind and polite, please explain every "incident" with a logical known explanation... if u can of course

Originally posted by againuntodust
It moved across the sky, then left, then right, then in circles.

Originally posted by getreadyalready
It moves much more slowly than a jet, but I assumed it could be a satellite, but then from time to time it will stop moving, then change direction?
(..)
You have to stare at it to notice the movement relative to the other stars, and you have to stare for quite some time to see it stop or change direction.

Originally posted by maryhinge
i have seen this with more than one star moving around
like they were playing tick and only the other day my freinds son of 14 saw 5 stars darting around
area chester england
]

Originally posted by jtap66
It was a beautiful, clear night and I was looking up at the stars when I saw one move. It moved quickly and fluidly to the side, before stopping on a dime. Then it moved back. Suddenly, 3-4 other "stars" all moved as well. Their movements were rapid, but incredibly smooth. They zig zagged across the sky, moving in straight lines and tight circles for several minutes. Soon, they one by one began to just disappear, as if they simply "winked out".

Originally posted by getreadyalready
The star moved much slower than the jets, but over 10 minutes or so it did traverse about 25% of the sky. Then, it stopped moving, and if I had taken my eyes off of it, I would have lost it. She got excited and said, "See, it stopped!" I was amazed. After a couple of moments, it started travelling due North at about the same speed as before, and then we lost it behind some trees. It was a noticeable pause, and then a 90 degree turn. There were plenty of things to compare it to. There were other stars, passenger jets, trees, clouds, etc.
If I hadn't seen it with my own eyes, I would be positive it was a satellite, but I know satellites don't stop, and they don't turn.

Originally posted by KingDoey
There was next to no light pollution and visibility was great.(…)
At first i thought they were perhaps 'shooting stars' but they were moving far too slow, and erratically at that.
Once we even saw two of these objects collide, they bounced off one another and then passed around each other.

Originally posted by ZeroUnlmtd
around 3am, i was walking to the kitchen and out the back door i thought i seen something move, i stopped and looked and seen it was a star, but before i could turn my head back i saw it move slightly left and then up. IT looked exactly like a star only slightly brighter and was moving around like you described.

Originally posted by ladyteeny
i'm from an aviation background and i see these moving stars all the time. they are not planes. they are not helicopters. by their sometimes erratic flight paths they're not satellites either.
my question regarding them is more this: i already know they can render themselves invisible, and move at such speeds as to not even be noticed with the naked eye...

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
Did it go super fast, turn on a dime, go backwards and forwards, up and down all within the blink of an eye, much less around 1964............yeah we saw one of those "stars" too.
This thing moved fast, zipped, zig zagged, up, down, backwards, forwards (without turning) and than went up so high so fast it disappeared.

Originally posted by gunshooter
I was laying on the hood of the HUMVEE staring up at the stars. thats when I noticed one of them moving slightly. it went left to right, right to left. stopping in between movements. then it would go in a circle clockwise then stop, then go in a circle counter clockwise and stop. I tried to point it out to my fire team only two of the other 3 saw it. we also saw a satellite moving by, and this did not match.

Originally posted by Aeolus1970
I've also witnessed this phenomenon; not lately, but I have seen it. Also, at times the same "stars" will "pop" on and off before or after moving, for lack of a better way of explaining it.

Originally posted by juleol
I have no idea what it is, but i saw the same thing back in mid 90s.Then it was not just one "star" that moved, but several.

(it continuos next)
edit on 13-1-2012 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by DAZ21
I saw it in the UK above my house just staring at the night sky. Was strange that I stared at it while it was stationary, drawn to it somehow. Then it moved moderately fast drawing the shape of a cross. Something that high would actually be moving really fast. Then I watched as it vanished slowly, my only explanation was that it zoomed off away from earth.

Originally posted by Spacelord
All of a sudden a star blinked into existence Shot up, shot down and did sort of a zig zag, then to the right of it, another blinked into existence and then did a zig zag movement toward the other, then I lost them.

Originally posted by Gumerk
A dull white spot in the sky describes it perfectly to what I saw, and the stopping/starting/changing directions. My wife and I saw at least two of these that did this same thing.

Originally posted by Connman
I`ve been seeing these for months now. They are always out there and even during cloudy skies. Most are very faint star like and seem to flash at times.
They also do some strange stuff at times. Sort of look like falling stars. I at first was only seeing the one pinpoint of light but am starting to notice there are two others there as well. They usually are in triangle shape but that does change so I wouldn`t think they are a solid craft together.
I get the feeling from watching them that they seem to be cleaning the air. They seem to hold large triangle shapes mostly but have done circles and zigzagged and some just shot off in very fast leaving the area. And I`m noticing there are more now then when I first noticed them. It`s like they are everywhere up there but very hard to spot till you know what to look for.

Originally posted by Deniro
This happen 6 or 7 years ago and at that time I was a smoker so I went on the balcony of my 4th floor apartment to have a smoke.
Noticed some light at a distance coming towards me fast and it was flying over the roof tops off the houses there.
When it came like approximately 400-500 feet from where I was it stopped dead in its tracks and hovered for like 20 seconds and then shot up strait in to space.
I just stood there with my mouth open and the cigarette fell out of my mouth.It definitely left an imprint in my mind and cant never forget this event so now i always look up and try to see something similar again.

Originally posted by markymint
Perhaps someone should ask NASA, "What are the objects visible in the night sky that seem to bounce around, move in circles and look like stars". I agree they are there, and surely somewhere every night. It don't personally think it would be secret human "tech" because I had a sighting about 5 years ago, and they are frequently mentioned in threads here so it's something that must happen continuously (perhaps even since earth's early history if we look at the ufos throughout the ages evidence
)
It'd be great to understand why they zig zag about
Still OP, hope you enjoyed the sighting!

Originally posted by PlanetaryDuality
I leaned back and stretched and looked up at the sky. It was dusk so a few stars were out but not many. Then I noticed one that was moving, so immediately I assumed satellite. I kept watching and it was heading straight West if I remember correctly. After a solid 30 seconds of traveling in a straight line it begin going left, right, up, down and everywhere, but not rapidly. Think of the game pong. It looked like it was bouncing back and forth. It then proceeded in the opposite direction and disappeared as it passed behind a building. The same thing though, it looked to be a star so would have been traveling at extremely high speeds. Also, I wasn't the only one to see this because I asked all my friends if they could see it too.

Originally posted by snowlord
Cool i am not alone, i too experienced same many times in 2007
what i saw that night cannot be any conventional aircraft, satellite or any other stuff because the flight movement simply does not match

Originally posted by mobtek
I saw something that looked like a satellite until it left it's path with a right angled turn, travelled for a short time, another right angled turn travel for a short time and then another and another until it was back on close to it's original path. Sorta like this
imgur link

(it continous next)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by VictoriaUK
I have seen lots of “moving stars” over the years, they look like stars if they keep still. They can be seen best where there is no light pollution, and I have seen loads when camping out of the towns and cities. I was camping in Cumbria (North-West England) about 8 years ago, at a campsite which allows fires. As I was laid by my fire watching the “travelling stars”, another camper joined me and asked what I was doing, so I told him, “Oh, I'm just watching the UFO's”. He laughed and muttered things about me being slightly crazy and then he laid down by the fire and looked at the sky. There were lots of “travelling stars” on this particular night, one or two could be seen every time I looked at the sky. “See that?” I said to him, “and that, see how it zig zags, its not a star or a satellite”. The stranger looked and after a while he let out a loud gasp, looked like he'd seen a ghost and said “Thats amazing, that's the first time Ive ever seen a UFO, wow, gosh, its true”. I cant remember every word but I do remember how shocked he was as there was no denying it and he saw several that night. I go camping a lot and so this has happened a few times with different friends and strangers, I find it amazing that they have never seen them before.

Originally posted by Staafke
Curious, I had the same experience some weeks ago! It was a clear sky night and was watching the stars from my studio. I have 3 windows next to each other so it provides a great view of the sky. I often look outside because the sight is just stunning. That night, I was watching a star in the east. I was wondering about it, because I hadn't seen it there ever and seemed out of place. Suddenly, it started moving to the right. Just like you said, OP, from that distance it had to be really fast. It was beautiful to watch, no sense of acceleration or deceleration. Just started to move at a seamlessly constant speed. All of the sudden, it just stopped and stood there again for about 15 minutes. Then, I noticed a slight movement to the left, but at a very little angle and it seemed to come a bit closer as the light grew a bit intenser. So it had thrust a bit forward towards earth. Then, another stop. After a while, I went to make a quick coffee, came back and it had just disappeared. Gutted!

Originally posted by Roger Dat
Then, about a couple minutes later, he was the one that told me to stare at a bunch of stars that according to him were moving, and they were!!!!! They looked exactly like stars but different from others because they moved! And fast.... (..)
I remember seeing this one star that would 'lead' a group of other six or seven that would follow it everywhere. It was amazing seeing this. I had never seen anything like that before. The second sighting which happened a couple minutes later as I said, was much better than the first one that only I saw because it was actually a bunch of stars dancing around haha. It lasted for about six minutes and my friend and I kept staring at them the whole time as they were sort of drawing pictures or simply moving around randomly in the starred nightsky. I'm glad I found people who have had same experiences! I don't know what those 'stars' were but obviously weren't really stars.

Originally posted by geryon
Had a very similar experience about 15 years ago, i was in my back yard smoking a cigarette, it was in the summer at about 4am, I noticed a star that just looked a little odd, slightly yellow/orange tint to it but it wasnt moving so I just assumed it was a star. Then about 5 minutes later it started to move to the right, it would stop at times and then continue, it moved a long way to the right out of my sight and 5 minutes later it came back into view and was moving left, then it paused and disappeared while i was looking at it, no streak or trail, just gone, it was amazing. I hadn't been drinking or on any drugs either. Glad to see a lot of other people have seen this too.

Originally posted by avvie
I see them every night,maybe different to what you have seen. Starts off really bright and while moving it slowly starts to dim until it disappears.I just think they are stars dying.

(more next)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   

finaly

Originally posted by DecaM
I saw the exact same thing about a week ago at work. I work at a car wash and was standing outside star gazing waiting to close and I noticed a large yellowish star that I thought looked weird. So I loaded a car that pulled up, then looked back up at the star and by then it had started moving; now it was hard to tell if it was moving at first because it was going really slow, but after a minute it picked up; although it didn't do any type of maneuvering, it just went in pretty much a straight line until it was out of my view

Men maybe I forgot some....

Ah!! My own testimonial:

Actually I was looking at bright sky when I saw a star moving way way far in the sky.. it wasn't for me the first time, but, is always breath taking scene... so the star start moving, slowly for sometime then a little more fast and not in a straight line... I think it had a great velocity because of the distance if compared to playnes or something, it moved a lot faster...
i guess this kind of thing's have something to with this "little" fellows" video:
www.youtube.com...

I cont 26 original testimonials about what should be stars … but in the end they move….

edit on 13-1-2012 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by C.H.U.D.
So tell me, how long have you been observing satellites, and why do you think that you know better than people that have been observing satellites for many years/decades?

I dont observe satellites I’m a civil engineer …

How about actually answering some of my questions instead of brushing them off, and ranting about people that are actually trying to encourage others on here to see the reality of the situation for themselves?

I think I answered already, not with my own testimonial, but, what count’s the most, with more 25 other statement’s done by different people

I've suggested a way that it can be proved one way or another. Do you have a better suggestion?

I think that the declaration of more than 25 people is enough proof than you need.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
What i forgot to mention in earlier comment,these seem to descend down thru the cloud cover as well..its so often overclouded here these days,but they come down lower through the thick blanket of clouds,to just the lower part,where they carry on with their movements..

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by voyger2

I have a rule not to feed trolls.

Welcome to my ignore list.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   

reply to post by voyger2

I have a rule not to feed trolls.

Welcome to my ignore list.

At last ! let’s hope that you stay calm around there and let other people speak about their experiences, without receiving a repeated conclusion to every new statement made, with your old fashion style « I know it all about skies …what you saw was an illusion…a satellite…etc»

By the way ... your easy step into insult makes you credit … ignore what you want.

peace

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

I'll bet the vast majority (if not all) were seen within an hour of sunset/sunrise if seen at this time of year, or throughout the night in the height of summer, providing the observer is at mid-northern latitudes. In September/April the observing window would be no more than around 2 hours before/after sunrise/sunset.

I posted earlier in this thread about my sighting which occurred in broad daylight in a cloudless sky. No one has commented on my post but I just wanted to stress that I saw this at approx 1300 CDT, not anywhere close to sunrise or sunset.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beldy
I posted earlier in this thread about my sighting which occurred in broad daylight in a cloudless sky. No one has commented on my post but I just wanted to stress that I saw this at approx 1300 CDT, not anywhere close to sunrise or sunset.

Thanks for pointing out your post Beldy.

As I have gone to great pains to stress, not every report is necessarily down to the same cause.

Any distant light in the sky will essentially be a "point source" (excepting very large objects like the sun and the moon which are relatively close for their size). This includes: stars, satellites, distant aircraft (or other objects such as balloons or lanterns) catching the sunlight (or sometimes when they only have a single steady light visible), and meteors.

All these things look star-like, and can share some similar characteristics, so it's easy to mistakenly lump unrelated phenomena together mistakenly.

Having read over your original post, although there might be a possibility that it may have been satellite related (occasionally satellites can be seen in broad daylight), I think its more likely that what you saw were mylar balloons.

Aircraft can sometime catch the light from a long way away and would basically look star-like, but that usually does not last as long, and mylar balloons would potentially be a better bet for being visible for this length of time.

Obviously, a balloon that free-floating in the air would/could move around erratically, as it encounters gusts and wind currents. It could also appear to hover for short periods of time, especially if it was traveling directly away from you.

I noticed you said what you saw "appeared", which is consistent with an object that was not reflecting light towards you at first, and then when it does catch the light at the right angle, becoming noticeable.

The circling behavior that you described could be explained by the balloons being tethered together.

I'm not saying mylar balloons was definitely what you saw, but it seems plausible to me given your description. I very much doubt it had anything to do with satellites, as most orbit at a speed that would be too fast to fit in your time-frame, and geostationary satellites winch could be visible for that kind of length of time are too far away to be bright enough to be visible in broad daylight.

So I think my bet still stands.

I should also say, that some satellites can be seen outside the times I said, but they would not be very high above the horizon (perhaps 10 or 15 degrees), and most people (unless they lived on extremely flat and featureless terrain - which the majority don't) would not see them since the sky that low down is usually obscure by buildings, trees, etc.

Regarding the subject of star-like objects that move erratically in general. If it were aliens, why would they want to fly erratically, and I mean in the sinusoidal motion that many of the the posters on this thread reported? It makes no sense.
edit on 15-1-2012 by C.H.U.D. because: fixed typos

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
this one could be an astronaut www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
They could be Iridium flares, I see these things alot but they only last a short time when i see them... kind of like this www.youtube.com... I did not read this whole thread so if somebody said Iridium flares aready mybad..

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
i strongly recomend to see this all vídeo. www.youtube.com...#!

but to have a clue see for example at 21min... but it's intersting to see news about that 17min. 15 etc etc the all video it's amazing

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by dayve
They could be Iridium flares, I see these things alot but they only last a short time when i see them... kind of like this www.youtube.com... I did not read this whole thread so if somebody said Iridium flares aready mybad..

Not necessarily all Iridium flares, but I do think much of what people have reported on here could be put down to satellites.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beldy

Having read over your original post, although there might be a possibility that it may have been satellite related (occasionally satellites can be seen in broad daylight), I think its more likely that what you saw were mylar balloons. ]

Thank you for your reply C.H.U.D.

I do not believe that these were balloons. Balloons would act very much different than these objects I saw.
They would appear to move about in a random fashion being blown around by the upper level winds.

These things were not random at all. The object that was moving moved with deliberate actions, slow and steady, back and forth, in and out, etc.

I just read over my original post and noticed I used the word "erratically" to describe the objects' movement. That was not the right word to use. A better word would have been "strangely." Balloons would be erratic. These objects were just strange.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join