It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God's seventh-day Sabbath: Its not Sunday.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Originally posted by jmdewey60
There is no such law of Noah in the Bible.
That was something that was invented more recently by Jewish rabbis to enslave the rest of humanity and to kill all those who will not accept their servitude.

It reminds me of The Teachings of Jesus Christ in The New Testament. That promotes a huge attitude of servitude. Turn the other cheek, don't get justice or revenge. Give more than you are asked , go the extra mile. If someone sues you for your coat give them your shirt also. Lend and give without asking for anything in return.

This is all an attitude of servitude. This is a great way to be taken advantage of by others.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Lee78

..."Sábado" is Saturday in Spanish for this very reason...

As far as Sunset to sun rise...the Ancient Jews had a different way to partition or delineate "a day". For us, the day starts at dawn and ends at sundown. For them too. However that nebulous time of darkness between them is just the end part for us, the beginning part for them.

A few more examples:

Polish for Saturday: Sobota
Italian: Sabbato
German and French are slightly cryptic in their similarity, but they also have their roots in the Hebrew "Shabat"

edit on 28-8-2013 by Sphota because: Added description...

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by CookieMonster09

The ones in the Bible are metaphorical "heavenly" temples. Physical, man-made temples on the ground cannot fulfill those predictions.

The Temple in Jerusalem - both Solomon's Temple and Herod's - were both real life, physical buildings. Not imaginary make-believe.

Synagogue tradition would allow a guest to read the Prophets scroll, while the rabbi would read the Torah.

The Torah was still primary.

Maybe if you have a very broad definition for Torah, where it can mean any kind of law. If you mean the Old Testament Law of Moses, then no, there is no support for that theory in the Bible.

Christ taught the finer more spiritual aspects of Torah. By the time Christ arrived on the scene, the Torah had been polluted with arcane rules and man-made traditions. Christ sought to remove these obstacles and blinders, as Christ considered these traditions and rules harmful.

I think that the idea that Sunday was somehow a "Christian Sabbath" came from the Puritans.

Constantine. The earliest Jewish followers all followed traditional Sabbath observance until the pagan Gentile Church overruled their smaller numbers. The earliest Jewish followers of Christ were all Torah observant.

Jesus said, it is not what goes into a man's mouth that defiles him, it is what comes out of his mouth.

Yes, that is true, as I have already noted. But Christ never said to go ahead and eat pork and all other unhealthy animals either. Gentile Christians misinterpret Christ to give credence to eating ham, pork, and all manner of unclean animals, all of which are very harmful to one's health. Christ never abolished the kosher laws altogether - He just expounded upon the additional spiritual dimension of kashrut --- i.e., that we need to be careful with our words.

It actually says those things in the gospels, like, "Hail Mary, full of grace." You may not like that but the Bible supports those things including the saints.

The First Commandment prohibits idolatry. The Jews and Muslims understand this, but apparently Catholics do not. And the Catholics have all kinds of ways to tiptoe around the subject to act as if it is just fine to pray to statues and intercessors, when G-d makes it quite clear in the First Commandment that idolatry is not allowed. Somehow, the Catholic Church missed the memo from G-d about monotheism.

"Logos" is the Greek word in John 1 that usually gets translated as "word". Logos in the Greek Old Testament is used 122 times to mean prophecy.

"Miltha" in Aramaic, referring to Christ's words and actions that demonstrated the word and will of G-d which upholds Torah observance. The pagans turn this concept on its heels.

You come up with stuff that fits cult teaching perfectly and are not things someone would come up with on their own by just reading the Bible.

Unfortunately, false accusations and slander are not effective arguments. Since you cannot focus on the topics under debate, nor can you provide factual nor scriptural basis for your baseless opinions, all you can can do instead is make false and unsubstantiated accusations. How very ecumenical of you.

Plans get changed all the time according to the Bible, so you are just making up a rule to apply exclusively to the things that you want to preserve as an everlasting tradition.

G-d doesn't change. He keeps His promises.

Only if you consider the NT a complete lie, and if so, there is no Jesus to be "perverted".

I consider the paganism and false teachings of the Gentile Church to be the perversions. Christ made it abundantly clear that He was very much in favor of the Torah, despite misguided Gentile Christian beliefs to the contrary.

Christ never said to celebrate the Sabbath on Sunday. He never advocated praying the Rosary, nor wearing a scapular. Christ would be appalled at statues and idolatry. He didn't celebrate Christmas or Easter, and Christ never prayed to intercessors.

He was talking about his law, the fundamental law of God, according to his interpretation.

As a Jewish rabbi, the Law He would be referring to is called the Torah.
edit on 27-8-2013 by CookieMonster09 because: (no reason given)

cookiemonster,

Were you baptized Roman Catholic? I don't have time to go through all your objections. Do you have
an image of Jesus in your KJV Bible? Do you have a painting of Our Lord? You better trash them if you
do. -humor-

God means "FALSE" idols not images of the Trinty, of Our Lord, of the saints, of His mother. An image is
a reminder of who we love like a photo of a loved one, see....?

This is the New Covenant, Christians gather together to worship God on the day of Our Lord's Resurrection,
Sunday.

No more characters left, Mary is full of Grace.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
What about the people who can trace their family lineage back to Adam?

Nobody can trace their family lineage back to Adam.

1 - Because the earth isn't 6,000 years old and there was no Adam.
2 - Because records weren't kept like that.

Yeah, but...uh..I think the main point, by logic and the semantics and basically the whole story of Adam...the main point to criticize NotUrTypical's post would be that we can ALL trace our family lineage back to Adam...it's kind of the given reality in that model of history.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Alexander1111

Portuguese does this, Segunda is Monday and Sexta is Friday. "Firstday" is Domingo and "Seventhday" is Sábado. Polish has something similar, but NOT as consistent as Greek and Portuguese, and definitely NOT consistent with the numbering to make Saturday number 7.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Jim Dewey and to all reading this thread,

Hi, I share some early history. Read the quotes for yourself.

What say you friend?

Barnabas tells you, the Lord's Day is Sunday, the day Our Lord arose from the dead. Justyn Martyr, he explains too, there it is..."first day" and repeated again, to honor Our Lord, we assemble on the day of
His resurrection.

The Didache

"But every Lord’s day . . . gather yourselves together and break bread, and give thanksgiving after having confessed your transgressions, that your sacrifice may be pure. But let no one that is at variance with his fellow come together with you, until they be reconciled, that your sacrifice may not be profaned" (Didache 14 [A.D. 70]).

The Letter of Barnabas

"We keep the eighth day [Sunday] with joyfulness, the day also on which Jesus rose again from the dead" (Letter of Barnabas 15:6–8 [A.D. 74]).

Ignatius of Antioch

"[T]hose who were brought up in the ancient order of things [i.e. Jews] have come to the possession of a new hope, no longer observing the Sabbath, but living in the observance of the Lord’s day, on which also our life has sprung up again by him and by his death" (Letter to the Magnesians 8 [A.D. 110]).

Justin Martyr

"[W]e too would observe the fleshly circumcision, and the Sabbaths, and in short all the feasts, if we did not know for what reason they were enjoined [on] you—namely, on account of your transgressions and the hardness of your heart. . . . [H]ow is it, Trypho, that we would not observe those rites which do not harm us—I speak of fleshly circumcision and Sabbaths and feasts? . . . God enjoined you to keep the Sabbath, and imposed on you other precepts for a sign, as I have already said, on account of your unrighteousness and that of your fathers . . ." (Dialogue with Trypho the Jew 18, 21 [A.D. 155]).

"But Sunday is the day on which we all hold our common assembly, because it is the first day on which God, having wrought a change in the darkness and matter, made the world; and Jesus Christ our Savior on the same day rose from the dead" (First Apology 67 [A.D. 155]).

search www.catholic.com... (entitled: Sabbath-or-Sunday)

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 02:29 AM
link   

I said something nice about your name in an earlier post and I didn't see a response?
Maybe because that isn't my name. Some people might think so, seeing the JM and inserting a vowel.That comes from an old email address I used back when I first started going online (still use, though no one on this forum needs to email me since we have Private Messaging here). Dewey is a "borrowed" name to make the address more "unique", since just JM is a bit common, and "60" was a automatic suggestion from the email provider. The "J" is the initial for Jon.

SORRY, I CALLED YOU JIM AGAIN IN MY LAST REPLY, I JUST NOW SAW YOUR COMMENT ABOVE. THE SAINTS HELP US IN HEAVEN, THEIR PRAYERS OF INTERCESSION. GOD LIKES THEM. REVELATION
REVEALS THIS SINCE YOU A SOLA SCRIPTURA BELIEVER. WHOEVER YOUR PATRON SAINT, ASK HIS HELP.

"A lot of Christians", records reveal the numbers are in the billions....
That is rather convenient for your side of the argument but I don't see it as in any way being persuasive, considering the "wide path" described by Jesus that leads to destruction.

IT ISN'T 'CONVENIENT', IT IS FACT. ARE YOU GOING TO IGNORE 2000 YEARS OF HISTORY? A GREATER
NUMBER HAS SAID NO TO GOD, YOU ARE USING ONE VERSE, MISINTERPRETING SO YOU DON'T
HAVE GET UP AND GO TO CHURCH? PART OF THE "NARROW PATH" IS SUNDAY WORSHIP. YOU WILL
CHANGE ONCE GOD SHOWS YOU, MY PREDICTION.

"Sunday" wasn't a term back then, Christians are aware, they know what the "first day of the week" is...
The days of the week have always been associated with the supposed "seven planets" as long as there has been recorded history, and always the same "planet" for each day, all the way to this day.

A SINGLE SENTENCE ASTRONOMY EXPLANATION DOESN'T CUT IT, GIVE THE FIRST CHRISTIANS CREDIT. THIS WILL HELP YOU, THEY KNEW WHAT DAY IT WAS, ITS BEEN RECORDED.
The Apostolic Constitutions, Book V, Section III, it says that the Last Supper occurred on the fifth day of the week (Thursday), that Jesus was crucified on the next day (Friday), and rose on the first day (Sunday), and it explicitly states that this constitutes three days and three nights. The Apostolic Constitutions uses Roman-style midnight-to-midnight days, so this squares with the New Testament’s use of sundown-to-sundown days. It also says that Jesus gave the apostles a commandment to pass on to us, to fast on Wednesdays and Fridays; the first to commemorate His betrayal, the second to commemorate His passion on the cross.

Therefore, it is obvious that the Crucifixion took place on a Friday, that Jesus rested in the tomb on Saturday, and rose from the grave on Sunday. So, you might ask, why didn’t the gospel writers just come right out and say that it was Friday, Saturday, and Sunday? The answer is that they did, for the circumstances under which they wrote. They were writing for an audience beyond Palestine, and in the Roman Empire of the first century, there was no general consensus about the names of the days of the week, the number of the current year, the names and lengths of the months, the date of the new year, or the time at which the day began. On that last point, the day began at midnight in Egypt, at sunrise in Greece, and at sunset in Palestine. So even though it is not what we are used to, the gospels are really worded in such a way as to make the dates and times comprehensible to anyone in the Roman Empire who was familiar with the Jewish Scriptures.

When you count days you get a different answer than when you subtract dates. If you go to a three-day seminar that begins on Friday, you expect it to end on Sunday, because Friday, Saturday, and Sunday are three days. However, if you subtract the date of Friday from the date of Sunday, the answer is two elapsed days. The ancients counted days instead of calculating elapsed time—in fact, Jesus Himself counted days this way in Luke 13:31-32. This is why the tradition is universal that Jesus spent three days in the tomb when He was buried on Friday and rose from the dead on Sunday. All intervals in the Jewish and Christian calendars are calculated the same way, which is why Pentecost falls on a Sunday and not on a Monday.

I UNDERLINED THE LAST, IT HELPS ONE SEE, OUR LORD IS EXAMPLE, READ LUKE 13:31-32.

RUNNING OUT OF CHARACTERS, I CAN COMMENT ON THE REST IN ANOTHER POST.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 03:09 AM
link   

reply to post by colbe

I said something nice about your name in an earlier post and I didn't see a response?
Maybe because that isn't my name. Some people might think so, seeing the JM and inserting a vowel.That comes from an old email address I used back when I first started going online (still use, though no one on this forum needs to email me since we have Private Messaging here). Dewey is a "borrowed" name to make the address more "unique", since just JM is a bit common, and "60" was a automatic suggestion from the email provider. The "J" is the initial for Jon.

That is rather convenient for your side of the argument but I don't see it as in any way being persuasive, considering the "wide path" described by Jesus that leads to destruction.

"Sunday" wasn't a term back then, Christians are aware, they know what the "first day of the week" is...
The days of the week have always been associated with the supposed "seven planets" as long as there has been recorded history, and always the same "planet" for each day, all the way to this day.

Martin Luther's got you believing in his heresy of Sola Scriptura.
It's not just that. I have studied enough of the history of the early church to know that there is no Apostolic Succession since the priesthood was broken by the deaths from the Arian controversy where the church had to go far out into the hinterland to recruit pagan priests to fill in for the Christian ones killed for supposed "heresy" by one side or the other.

JESUS TEACHINGS WERE PASSED DOWN TO US FROM THE APOSTLES. EVERYTHING YOU KNOW
OF CHRIST HAS COME FROM THE CATHOLIC CHURCH LESS THE OLD TESTAMENT PROPHECIES OF
CHRIST. JESUS WANTS YOU TO BECOME CATHOLIC, THE REMNANT IS ROMAN CATHOLIC. HE IS
GOING TO SHOW YOU IN A WAY YOU NOR I WILL BE ABLE TO DENY, ANYONE FOR THAT MATTER.
IT IS DIVINELY PROPHESIED. IT IS GOING TO BE SUPERNATURAL.

THE FAITH, ROMAN CATHOLICISM HAS PROOF OF APOSTOLIC SUCCESSION. THAT'S HOW OUR LORD SET UP THE PLAN FOR HIS CHURCH. THE APOSTOLIC CHAIN HAS NOT BEEN BROKEN. THE 'LAYING ON OF HANDS.' MOST IMPORTANT, THERE IS A MINISTERIAL PRIESTHOOD, HAS BEEN SINCE THE FIRST PRIESTS, THE APOSTLES.

ANOTHER EXAMPLE, THE REJECTION OF THE MINISTERIAL PRIESTHOOD IN A COUPLE OF SENTENCES MAKES ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE. YOU HAVE GOT TO READ CATHOLIC WRITING AND NO MORE ANTI-CATHOLIC WRITINGS. USING THE ONE MAN, CONSTANTINE, COME UP WITH SOMEONE ELSE TO PROVE THE CENTURIES OF ROMAN CATHOLICISM BEFORE THE REVOLT WERE NOT CATHOLIC. THE CHURCH BEGAN IN 33 A.D. NOT THE FOURTH CENTURY, ONE NAME SHOWS THE IGNORING OF HISTORICAL ROMAN CATHOLICISM. 'HINTERLAND', PLEASE SHARE, GOSH, WHERE IS THAT? JUST JOKING A BIT.

NEW TESTAMENT SCRIPTURE SAYS, THERE IS A MINISTERIAL PRIESTHOOD. THE GOSPEL REFERS TO A HIERARCHY IN THE EARLY CHURCH, THERE WERE BISHOPS AND PRIESTS. THE KJV CHANGES THE WORD PRIEST IN THE GOSPEL TO ELDER.

JIM, THERE IS A MINISTERIAL PRIESTHOOD TO OFFER SACRIFICE. ONLY A PRIEST OFFERS SACRIFICE. THIS IS WHAT GOD MEANS BY HIS 'CONTINUAL SACRIFICE.'

Just because the two aren't written together in Scripture..."the first day of the week" and John's "the Lord's Day" doesn't make what we know about their meaning not true. Believe the Apostles, you can. Maybe, a quote from an Apostolic Father would help you to believe. I'll look for one.
It isn't in any other documents, either. If there was documented evidence to the contrary, I suppose that it would have been destroyed by the "authorities".
edit on 27-8-2013 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

I UNDERLINED THE NAME OF THE DOCUMENT, WE CAN KNOW, IT HAS BEEN PASSED DOWN ORALLY
TOO. I POSTED IT IN MY EARLIER THREAD, IT CONTAINED QUOTES FROM MEN OF THE TIME, ARE THEY LIARS? WHERE IS YOUR DOCUMENTATION TO SHOW THE SABBATH REMAINED UNCHANGED, THE EARLY CHRISTIANS GATHERED ON SATURDAY?

I used CAPS, not to shout, but to reply to your divided responses. I wish people would keep my posts
together and reply underneath. I find it difficult to comment to six or seven separated comments.

take care and God bless you,

colbe

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by colbe

SORRY, I CALLED YOU JIM AGAIN IN MY LAST REPLY, I JUST NOW SAW YOUR COMMENT ABOVE. THE SAINTS HELP US IN HEAVEN, THEIR PRAYERS OF INTERCESSION. GOD LIKES THEM. REVELATION
REVEALS THIS SINCE YOU A SOLA SCRIPTURA BELIEVER. WHOEVER YOUR PATRON SAINT, ASK HIS HELP.

IT ISN'T 'CONVENIENT', IT IS FACT. ARE YOU GOING TO IGNORE 2000 YEARS OF HISTORY? A GREATER
NUMBER HAS SAID NO TO GOD, YOU ARE USING ONE VERSE, MISINTERPRETING SO YOU DON'T
HAVE GET UP AND GO TO CHURCH? PART OF THE "NARROW PATH" IS SUNDAY WORSHIP. YOU WILL
CHANGE ONCE GOD SHOWS YOU, MY PREDICTION.

A SINGLE SENTENCE ASTRONOMY EXPLANATION DOESN'T CUT IT, GIVE THE FIRST CHRISTIANS CREDIT. THIS WILL HELP YOU, THEY KNEW WHAT DAY IT WAS, ITS BEEN RECORDED.
The Apostolic Constitutions, Book V, Section III, it says that the Last Supper occurred on the fifth day of the week (Thursday), that Jesus was crucified on the next day (Friday), and rose on the first day (Sunday), and it explicitly states that this constitutes three days and three nights. The Apostolic Constitutions uses Roman-style midnight-to-midnight days, so this squares with the New Testament’s use of sundown-to-sundown days. It also says that Jesus gave the apostles a commandment to pass on to us, to fast on Wednesdays and Fridays; the first to commemorate His betrayal, the second to commemorate His passion on the cross.

Therefore, it is obvious that the Crucifixion took place on a Friday, that Jesus rested in the tomb on Saturday, and rose from the grave on Sunday. So, you might ask, why didn’t the gospel writers just come right out and say that it was Friday, Saturday, and Sunday? The answer is that they did, for the circumstances under which they wrote. They were writing for an audience beyond Palestine, and in the Roman Empire of the first century, there was no general consensus about the names of the days of the week, the number of the current year, the names and lengths of the months, the date of the new year, or the time at which the day began. On that last point, the day began at midnight in Egypt, at sunrise in Greece, and at sunset in Palestine. So even though it is not what we are used to, the gospels are really worded in such a way as to make the dates and times comprehensible to anyone in the Roman Empire who was familiar with the Jewish Scriptures.

When you count days you get a different answer than when you subtract dates. If you go to a three-day seminar that begins on Friday, you expect it to end on Sunday, because Friday, Saturday, and Sunday are three days. However, if you subtract the date of Friday from the date of Sunday, the answer is two elapsed days. The ancients counted days instead of calculating elapsed time—in fact, Jesus Himself counted days this way in Luke 13:31-32. This is why the tradition is universal that Jesus spent three days in the tomb when He was buried on Friday and rose from the dead on Sunday. All intervals in the Jewish and Christian calendars are calculated the same way, which is why Pentecost falls on a Sunday and not on a Monday.

I UNDERLINED THE LAST, IT HELPS ONE SEE, OUR LORD IS EXAMPLE, READ LUKE 13:31-32.

RUNNING OUT OF CHARACTERS, I CAN COMMENT ON THE REST IN ANOTHER POST.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Oops, I meant to share reference to this document again, by it self and the simple explanation, notice Jesus counted the same way.

How can people think Christians do not know today when the first Christians gathered...assembled...to worship. God? All those who deny CANNOT come up with any evidence to show the Sabbath remains the same in the
New Covenant.

It is a denial of authority, God's authority on earth, His Church, the faith. And it is much easier to stay home on Sunday, sorry, not what God has commanded. Deny history, ignore God's authority, the Church canonized Scripture. Without the Church, you wouldn't have your Bible. Jesus promised, Satan will not destroy My Church. He wants you to become Catholic. I pray, truly. The "awakening" could be next year.

www.drbo.org...

Luke 13:31-32
The same day, there came some of the Pharisees, saying to him: Depart, and get thee hence, for Herod hath a mind to kill thee. [32] And he said to them: Go and tell that fox, Behold, I cast out devils, and do cures today and tomorrow, and the third day I am consummated.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Lee78

Saturday...Saturn
Saturn is much more significant than most know and are made to believe. The wheel of 8 and saturn are connected. Saturn was and is more than a fictional god worshipped by ancient people.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
reply to post by jmdewey60

There is no such law of Noah in the Bible.
That was something that was invented more recently by Jewish rabbis to enslave the rest of humanity and to kill all those who will not accept their servitude.

It reminds me of The Teachings of Jesus Christ in The New Testament. That promotes a huge attitude of servitude. Turn the other cheek, don't get justice or revenge. Give more than you are asked , go the extra mile. If someone sues you for your coat give them your shirt also. Lend and give without asking for anything in return.

This is all an attitude of servitude. This is a great way to be taken advantage of by others.

I wonder if both you guys are kinda slow? Like you're just getting that the Bible is about serving God? Do you know how many times the Bible talks about serving God? So, you're either serving God or if you don't believe in God serving something.

Didn't you guys ever go to school? Didn't you have a list of rules you had to follow there? Didn't your parents have a list of rules you had to follow?

Just about every list of rules on the planet has some type of authority/subservient relationship to it. Do what mama said because mama said?

Well actually in the Bible they're more like incentives. Do this for God and God and will do so and so for you. But didn't you guys ever have a boss? Do so and so for your boss and do this way and you get paid. Don't and don't get paid?

That's a type of master/servant relationship.

I mean my point is you see a list of rules you should suspect some type of master/servant relationship because it's almost always the case. I mean in first grade I didn't do what the teacher told me because I wanted to, I did it because she was the freaking teacher and could send me to principals office.

I mean do you guys know how rules work? You're just getting how they work now or something?
edit on 28-8-2013 by tinfoilman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Sunday is nonetheless the only day I would ever consider setting aside, for any spiritual activity. For Saturn is Satan and the Sun is our portal to Home.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Saturn is Satan

Saturn is the Hell planet.
The "last" planet before telescopes, associated with death, the end of the cycle.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by tinfoilman

I wonder if both you guys are kinda slow? Like you're just getting that the Bible is about serving God?
According to Paul in Romans, we metaphorically serve Jesus by living righteously.
The Old Testament version of serving the entity of the temple was by bringing animals to be slaughtered.

The Noahide laws is a modern invention by a rabbinical council to force gentiles to serve the Jewish entity calling itself Israel, with the power to kill any deemed as "blaspheming" against that authority.

My school education in the sixties was about government by the people for the people and that all men are created equal.
edit on 28-8-2013 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   

A boss is not a "master/servant" relationship. It is an agreement - not rules forced upon you; and the boss isn't threatening to torture you if you don't obey his rules. You do the job, or he releases you, but he doesn't release you and continues to torture you for not doing what he says...

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

All those who deny CANNOT come up with any evidence to show the Sabbath remains the same in the
New Covenant.
You are asking people to prove a negative.
Where in the Bible does it say that it was changed? It doesn't.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

The Letter of Barnabas
There is no way to know if this was not added to the text as late as the 11th century.

"We keep the eighth day [Sunday] with joyfulness, the day also on which Jesus rose again from the dead" (Letter of Barnabas 15:6–8 [A.D. 74]).
Now I bought a book back in October, Apostolic Fathers: Volume II. Epistle of Barnabas. Papias and Quadratus. Epistle to Diognetus. The Shepherd of Hermas (Loeb Classical Library No. 25N), by Bart D. Ehrman, because of certain people on the ATS forum posting about this letter and making all kinds of wild claims.
This is a new edition of this book which is updated with new information and translated from a better Greek text.
What you quoted supposedly from this letter is not in this version that I own.

What it does say is that we live in a metaphorical 7nth day where we are being made holy during this "resting" period.
The metaphorical 8th day is in the "next world".

Apparently you got this "information" from a propaganda web site that is basically lying.
edit on 28-8-2013 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme

A boss is not a "master/servant" relationship. It is an agreement - not rules forced upon you; and the boss isn't threatening to torture you if you don't obey his rules. You do the job, or he releases you, but he doesn't release you and continues to torture you for not doing what he says...

Yeah I like my way better. I see a list of rules I automatically know I'm either supposed to perform a SERVICE for them, a type of servitude, and the rules spell out how they want that service completed, or I'm dealing with some type of authority figure I have to obey.

If you don't agree with me that's cool, but at least I don't have to think about it, you probably took decades to figure out that the Bible is about how to serve God? Yeah I'll stick with my way.

You won't surprise any other religious person with your revelation either. They ALL know! It's a not a secret. Like every other meeting or service at my church is how we can best SERVE God.

You guys really need to catch up. Of course it's about serving God.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Those ignorant first Christians.

I guess this would include the Apostles too. It's all made up, they didn't know how to tell time or what day it was, they couldn't remember the day Our Savior arose from the dead. An important day.

It is lame, people who now 20 centuries later deny the Lord's Day. Here is a very clear explanation and why we can know if you deny it has passed on through the centuries via the oral revelation of God. And Jesus gives you example how they spoke of time. We can know how they figured it. I posted the Gospel verse.

Posting the evidence again. Bible Aloners, the Gospel says the first Christians assembled to worship God on the first day of the week to honor the day Jesus arose, Sunday. Were they assembling for potluck? No. The first Christians referred to Sunday as the Lord's Day. John is pretty special, he refers to the Lord's Day in
Revelation.

What is the Lord's Day, John's words if you reject what has been taught?

In the Apostolic Constitutions, Book V, Section III, it says that the Last Supper occurred on the fifth day of the week (Thursday), that Jesus was crucified on the next day (Friday), and rose on the first day (Sunday), and it explicitly states that this constitutes three days and three nights. The Apostolic Constitutions uses Roman-style midnight-to-midnight days, so this squares with the New Testament’s use of sundown-to-sundown days. It also says that Jesus gave the apostles a commandment to pass on to us, to fast on Wednesdays and Fridays; the first to commemorate His betrayal, the second to commemorate His passion on the cross.

www.drbo.org...

Luke 13:31-32
The same day, there came some of the Pharisees, saying to him: Depart, and get thee hence, for Herod hath a mind to kill thee. [32] And he said to them: Go and tell that fox, Behold, I cast out devils, and do cures today and tomorrow, and the third day I am consummated.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join