It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Universal Agenda

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Has anyone ever felt like the Universe or "God" is always out to get them or prove them wrong?

Of course, I say this with the assumption of "good" intentions; it would merely be Man's pessimistic assumption that this would be a bad thing. However, in my experience, and the experiences of others, it seems that no matter how well you think things through, or plan, or assume it will be one way, it will usually always be the opposite way. Especially with something of considered importance.

Now, I know a lot of you metaphysical philosophers out there could bring up the theory of the Law of Attraction or self-manifested reality and say this would simply be an effect of negative subconscious or deep-rooted and unseen doubts that over-powered your conscious's logical thinking into creating the opposite of what would normally be expected.

Another theory would be that the Universe or God would simply be trying to create a learning experience for you. To have a wave of revelation come crashing in to the beaches of your mind and destroy any castles built with the sand of narrow-mindedness, before you had any chance to prepare a safe-guard.

This could be, perhaps, only a reality for me (and a few of my friends) but I was wondering if it was similar for anyone else?

I have even tried to test this out various times with complex thinking and it always proves to be somewhat the same. The problem is: is that it gets very complex and eventually I don't even know what to conclude any more.

For example:

When I am in a rather pessimistic mood, I will state that "this is going to happen". Usually, this "something" that is going to happen will be something that I judge as being "bad", especially if logically it would be pretty guaranteed to happen. This way I would be "right" about the out-come, and would not let the Universe "prove me wrong". However, with the Universe assumingly all-knowing, I would then feel that it would see my attempt to be right and then provide me with the opposite result (i.e. something good), therefor proving me wrong and giving me a more desirable out-come, which is what I really intended when I made the assumption. Then again, since it was my intention and belief that I could get what I wanted by "tricking" the all-knowing Universe would of course have to know that I was going to get the desirable out-come. So, in theory, it would not give me the desirable out-come that I attempted to manifest out of trickery at an attempt to "prove me wrong" on a deeper level. Of course, this can go on and on in an infinite loop of flip-flopping.

Regardless of my thoughts and judgements, I believe not that the Universe (God) would actually limits itself by having an agenda such as man. I can't foresee the Universe actually wanting to "be right". So, I would have to assume that when I refer to the Universe I am just mistaking my own dualistic ego. The ego referred to by some as the "true evil", or the illusion.

Basically, what it comes down to is probably just a form of schizophrenia that makes one's self get in the way of one's self but I can't help but feel sometimes that the Universe is out to spite me! Haha.

I thought this would, perhaps, be interesting enough to share with you all. Any input would be much obliged.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ErroneousDylan

I just prefer to think of it as a test.

Whether it be God or my consience, I am supposed to know and do what is right. Just the way I was raised and what is in my heart.

Whether that action is the right course....hmmm?

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I am an minister .. licsensed in my state .. I may be an athetist overall, but I am spirituall ..

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   

I feel that it is all a test, you need to be able to read the signs, once you can do this then you can try to live in accordance with the universe, rather than kicking against it.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by sir_slide

A test of what though?

Some people believe that you have to prove yourself to God, others believe you have to prove it to yourself.

I don't understand why we should have to do either. Why can't we simply exist in harmony with no struggle?

We shouldn't have to prove ourselves.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

And? Is there more you would like to elaborate on how that is relevant? Haha

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   

The test, whether you believe God is giving it to you or not, is doing what is right.

In the the long run...it's up to you.

You want harmony?...you best be willing to fight for it.
edit on 29-12-2011 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

That may be true. However, I come from a strong Taoist background that says things such as good/bad, evil/right as just dualistic, subjective concepts created by the man and have no real merit. Who am I to say what is right or wrong? I don't even know what is, if it is at all.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
I somehow understand your post.

What I found out is that there is a need for repentance. I somehow lived above it. It was just yesterday. I was reading Jesus Sirach in the bible and suddenly was offered the possibility to repent. (??) It's like I have never realised the sins I have done. I just kept on living. Not that I ran away from what I've done. It's like it lay dormant. I somehow received a deeper feeling about what life is. I also felt a lot of fear.

I don't know if my post is usefull to you.

Sometimes it seems things just need time although I don't know why. Maybe I wasn't ready. You'll be ready when time comes they say then but I understand if this is not within your grasp to understand. Once it happened you will realise.

My life is complicated and just not alright.

Have insightful times!

E.W.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   
I have a question!

Is it that it is like you have always been you and suddenly you are not good anymore. It is that you need to learn something. You were no good while you always thought you have been. During your life people tried, I said tried to give you a feeling that you were good but you aren't. You're not realy to blame for that. But from now on something will get you down and form you to become the good you. It's an adjusting. A tuning.

I feel like I'm going through the same thing you are. Somehow I need to change. Like a snake changing skin. Your life will change. (I think for the better) Do we need to fear? Maybe God is reaching his hand out to you.

Somehow (for myself) the old me turns out to be something that has got me to where I am now, but it is not realy good. I need to humble myself. Maybe it's the egokiller!!

moeha. We're becoming human, pall!

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
If you wanna make GOD laugh then make plans.
We are made to be humble beings.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ErroneousDylan
reply to post by sir_slide

A test of what though?

Some people believe that you have to prove yourself to God, others believe you have to prove it to yourself.

I don't understand why we should have to do either. Why can't we simply exist in harmony with no struggle?

We shouldn't have to prove ourselves.

You don't have to prove anything to anyone, that even includes yourself.

As to the Universe being such a pain in the ass, you got that one right.
But the reason it seems that way is because it isn't Time for the event to happen yet.
When the Time is right Everything happens but until then expect nothing but brick walls.

Ribbit

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by sir_slide

I feel that it is all a test, you need to be able to read the signs, once you can do this then you can try to live in accordance with the universe, rather than kicking against it.

My Thought Exactly!

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

I agree with this in a sense the Universe throws things at people to test them. Essentially a test as to what we have learned throughout this life and seeing how we will do when things are presented with us. Or perhaps it is simply testing us the whole time of stuff we have learned from a previous point in life or in a previous life.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
What I hear is that you are becoming aware and are soul searching. What are you? What is your purpouse?

We cannot answer that for you and the whole reason that you ask questions is that you need to do more research for yourself. I will tell you this...there are certain individuals with certain abilities...if you feel you have an ability...explore it...if you don't have an ability....you are meant to develop one...

Bottom line...follow your inner truth and you will never go wrong.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by SolidFaith

I agree with this in a sense the Universe throws things at people to test them. Essentially a test as to what we have learned throughout this life and seeing how we will do when things are presented with us. Or perhaps it is simply testing us the whole time of stuff we have learned from a previous point in life or in a previous life.

But what if your person has done everything you've done, but hundreds of times before you have done them, then how is it possible it's a test?

Ribbit

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ButtUglyToad

Frogs my mortal enemy! Well there is always a test on something. Testing if your personality has changed or anything of the sort. An example of the personality change could be seeing whether or not you have become more generous or something.

edit on 29-12-2011 by SolidFaith because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Frogs my mortal enemy! Well there is always a test on something. Testing if your personality has changed or anything of the sort. An example of the personality change could be seeing whether or not you have become more generous or something.

Frogs are amphibians and toads are reptiles, so given that frogs are your mortal enemy, then toads are your immortal friend.

You and no one else is being tested. Everyone is dew'n nothing more than participating in an Experiment in Chaos, to settle a bet.

Ribbit

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ButtUglyToad

Frogs are amphibians and toads are reptiles, so given that frogs are your mortal enemy, then toads are your immortal friend.

You and no one else is being tested. Everyone is dew'n nothing more than participating in an Experiment in Chaos, to settle a bet.

Ribbit

To me they are all the same and I can't really stand them xD.

Hm but who's bet? I do so much agree with at least the chaos portion as their are certainly several instances of chaos playing out in the universe but just wondering on the bet part.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
maybe by exposing a possibility you are trying to create the duality of it NOT happening. Is it trying to trick the universe... or just take an energy that has formed in your mind and releasing it, to get to the next... or an alternative outcome.

I do that sometimes when i am truly afraid something bad is going to happen.... but not only for those reasons. imagine the guilt you would feel if you kept a fear to yourself for fear of sounding crazy... and then it happened.

so you throw it out there and who cares what you think... and you hope for the alternative.

i don't think it's unnatural at all. I think to keep too much to yourself because of social pressures... THAT is unnatural and it is because of social conditioning.... but it could actually be very important. Clearly people need to get over their fears and name calling of anyone who expresses any type of concern.

like some say "if yopu live your whole life around conspiracies, how can you ever function normally?"

well, if you live your life around fears of not functioning normally and not being what society tells you to be, how can you ever live TRULY normally... especially in a world CHOCKED FULL of conspiracy.
edit on 30-12-2011 by BlackSatinDancer because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join