It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

bloody mary

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 07:06 AM
link   
me and my brother wher brushing our teeth in the bathroom and he decided he wanted to do bloody mary and i didnt,but i played along.so we shut off the lights and he said bloody mary 3 times,but after the third time,there was a very bright flash of light. can anyone explain this??

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 07:15 AM
link   
just thought i'd throw this in:

By using this message board, you agree to the following:

1.) You will not post any material that is knowingly false, misleading, or inaccurate.

Thats just a myth, besides it would tanke more than just saying a name three times, though, it is possibe to contact evil spirits with a mirror. I'll try find those instructions.

~TSK

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 11:55 AM
link   
You were probably just imaging it. I haven't heard anyone talk about Bloody Mary since I was a kid! In the version we always did, you spun around while saying it. Looking back, the dizziness helped with the "summoning"

[edit on 9-9-2004 by el_topo]

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 11:57 AM
link   
bloody mary is a ritual sort of thing too?....i thought it was a cocktail....

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Bloody mary??
thought you had to say it 13 times
not 3?

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 12:01 PM
link   
The childhood version of the story I was told was that you have to say, Bloody Mary is a &itch, repeat it 3 times AND it has to be done at the stroke of midnight. I was told you have to call her the B word so that she will get angry and show herself.

I dont think I ever participated in attempting to summon Bloody Mary but I know it was fun getting creeped out just by talking about it along with all the other urban legand ghost stories!

Jemison

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I'd imagine that the flash of bright light was you flipping on the light switch... ROFLOL!

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Blasted mirror never did me any good to see meself, the first mate keeps forgetting to clean 'tis glass. Aye, to call upon these spirits is not a wise thing to do, for it will haunt you forever and despair that follows thee. The winds are picking up again, matey, for I sail to the devils triangle this eve ,and I hope to make it out of there before the moon rises over the cursed waters. Beware! Matey, of the words that are spoken in fun, it may lead thee to open a portal of horror.

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 11:14 PM
link   
It was 49 times when I was a kid.

I always assumed that it was just your pupils dialating and you beginning to see yourself in the mirror. Of course as soon as you start to see things you run screaming out of the bathroom, causing your parents to look at you funny and you never figure out if it was your reflection or not.

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Legend has it that if, at the stroke of midnight, you look in the mirror and say 'Pixy Stix' three times, you will see ...

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Pisky, you have a seriously scary av. I keep waiting for you to change it, but it never happens. Seeing that in the mirror would probably induce the need for fresh underwear.

[edit on 9/14/04 by para]

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Betelgeuse Betelgeuse Betelgeuse

hmm nothing... ok.. I prolly should be docked for this one, but it was WAY toooooo tempting!

Edit: for anyone that can't read that it is the actuall spelling for Keatons character in the movie Beatle Juice

[edit on 14-9-2004 by DrpKeeGTZ]

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Probably was your imagination,everytime I do or think something scary it kinda puts me on edge.I hear things that in any normal situation I wouldnt think about but at that time I think its something coming to get me.It's just paranoia messing with you.

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 04:57 AM
link   
God this calls up old memories. Junior high school, the locker room, everyone daring each other to say bloody mary three times while spinning around three times, me being the only one who did it, then scratching my face and comng out of the bathroom with a glazed look on my face and trying to supress my laughter while everyone ran screaming. Good times!

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 05:19 PM
link   
When I was in grade school, you had to say "bloody Mary" 3 times into a mirror with the lights off, this would cause the mirror to crack, drip blood, and whoever said the words would be killed that night in their sleep if they exposed their back (example: rolling onto your stomach). We were imaginative at least.

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I thought It was 49 times also me and my brother never tried it though too scary
but that flash was probably in your head did you have your eyes closed?

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 05:38 PM
link   
You got it all wrong. You have 16 Bloody Maries at your local bar, then experience flashes of light for the rest of the night, especially when you have to kneel over the toilet

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I have tried this little trick many times and through several different variations but not once has anything strange ever happened. Except for one time I thought the door to the bathroom was closing on me.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thug69
I thought It was 49 times also me and my brother never tried it though too scary
but that flash was probably in your head did you have your eyes closed?
no i didnt have my eyes closed

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Dang!!! Bloody Mary!?!???
No wonder it never worked for me, I have been trying "Candyman" along...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join