It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

''Pictures or It Didn't Happen!'' - Oh, Really?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
(Some) people on ATS often proclaim they don't believe something is possible, or - in simpler terms - they call BS on something. One could contend it does not really matter, because a) their opinion whether it's BS or not is irrelevant to the facts at hand and b) they seem to empower their (fragile?) egos by putting their opinions on pedestals nobody often even reads. Let us not divagate, however.

Question remains: how do they construe something as that proverbial, figurative (thank God!), stinky piece of BS? What is the mental process behind such an assumption, and - unless we are dealing with an obvious fraud but you could of course argue about that one too, so let's not go there because too much analysis will undoubtedly lead to paralysis - why are people so quick to condemn certain claims, calling them LIES?

I am deliberately employing vagueness here, because the paradigm is being discusses, rather than specific scenarios.

The funny thing is, the so-called ''cries for evidence'' - the ''pictures or it didn't happen'' crowd - if you like, which ought to lead to the ultimate substantiation (proof), are often imprecise, i.e. the person virtually SCREAMING to see the proof, does not even know what constitutes proof! Yes, I know the burden of proof is on the side of the claimant, but surely you see how fallacious this is when the person in question does not even KNOW what would convince them! I contend the ''proof yelling'' is actually a defense tactic, and a poor one at that, meant to defend the yeller's belief system (which he/she acquired without even often realizing how).

This is the problem with today's society: people can't think clearly and it leads to absurd conclusions masquerading as sophisticated thought processes when - in actuality - they are mere sophistries.

On that philosophical, albeit pragmatic, note - Merry Christmas!

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Your word against theirs.If you have no proof , there is no reason for anyone to believe what you say.
edit on 24-12-2011 by OrNaM3nT because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by survivaloftheslickest

if I were to say, "pics or it didnt happen," that doesnt imply I elieve you are lying.. It implies, that I read a lot of "bs" on this site with very little evidence, and so i'd appreciate some more, specifically visual evidence to something like a ufo, or police brutality.. Just because, well.. Like we all know about sorcha faal, people lie on the internet.. ALOT! So pics, or your philosiphizing never occured.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by OrNaM3nT

Your mother is the woman who gave birth to you. Yet I have no proof.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hockenberry

. What if the lady who gave birth to him, had another womens eggs implanted in her, so that she could bore a child.. Would his mother still be the lady who gave birth, or the lady who donated eggs? Ahah! Got you there.. So medical records, or shes not your mother.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
ooops Happy HOlidays.
edit on 24-12-2011 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hockenberry

Maybe I was made in a laboratory.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Hockenberry

I have 2 dads i called one mom growing up but i do not believe he gave birth to me.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   

No...if i told you his mother gave birth to him, and there was no other proof except my worrds alone, no pics, no posts, just my word. you have no proof of him. But his existence alone is proof his mother gave birth to him.

Lame attempt but i'm sure you can do better.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Myendica

hahahahaha
my 1st laugh of the day
cheers

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Say that about Osama's death too.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by GLaDOS
Say that about Osama's death too.
. You mean the boogey man who has probably been dead for 10 years? Or bushs buddy who may still be alive sippin patron on a yacht off the coast of africa.. Hangin out on bushs 40000 acre african wilderness ranch. Did osama ever really exist? I mean we had videos, but he looked diffrent in each and for all I know it was a cartoon. Honestly though.. You cant believe everything you see and hear, and the op is right, you cant discount anything you may not have heard or seen. Just live your life and try not to get caught up in symantics and other nonesensical bs.. Cause none of this matters..

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   

I think this pushes more and more people to simply stop trusting one another.

I like your take OP. I feel the same, but never could quite say exactly what that was, but you've done a fine job doing so.

I understand some things may require proof. Lots of people lie and or streatch truths, but it's pretty bad when we're down to everything around us requiring proof, or it didnt happen.

Shows just how much trust is left within humanity today.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Ummm yeah, about that....
No proof, no case.
So I say, pics or it didn't happen.
NEXT!

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   

You could take a pic of the live birth certificate.
Although the witnesses cannot be trusted as they are humans that are capable of lies, but why lie about that?

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Some things just cannot be pictured.
People don't walk around with cameras on their heads.

If people dismiss something because there is no picture, then it is their loss.

It would all depend on what it is and the story that goes with it though. Things like ghosts and UFOs are hard to picture simply because when something crazy like that happens, no one is ready for it.

And really, everything can be photo shopped now, so, pictures honestly do not mean anything, they just add imagery to the story. It is the story and the experience that counts, not the picture. Although to supply a picture does give someone the chance to prove if it is photo shopped or faked. Most real things that happen in the blink of an eye never get photoed anyways.

Just my thoughts.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
The first few replies here are what makes it look more like BS

Generally, some cannot let out their frustration in dealing with a positive, genuine(probably) sighting or unexplained phenomenon. So they always call 'Pics or it didn't happen' and they are never to be seen again

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Unfortunately, making extraordinary claims requires extraordinary evidence.

Merely asking us to believe anything merely on your say so is as bad as blindly believing what the Government or media might say, which is ironic as the type of person who would make an outlandish claim is also the type of person who would deride the "MSM" for peddling lies....

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
One wonders, how many beliefs we hold which are not scrutinized the same way we scrutinize what we don't like. How many believe in Jesus and don't scream for pictures - oh, I forgot. You gotta have faith, brother. That'll fix it

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Myendica

if I were to say, "pics or it didnt happen," that doesnt imply I elieve you are lying.. It implies, that I read a lot of "bs" on this site with very little evidence, and so i'd appreciate some more, specifically visual evidence to something like a ufo, or police brutality.. Just because, well.. Like we all know about sorcha faal, people lie on the internet.. ALOT! So pics, or your philosiphizing never occured.

Sure, I could snap a photo or two right now, post it, and there ya go

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join