It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Simple, Logical Graph of our Budget's Insanity (Must see)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+37 more 
posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

The moment I found this, I felt it was necessary to share with the class. And damn, isn't this graph perfect.

I agree, let's stop this insanity now.

So how do we inspire Congress to cease their chaotic ways?

Not sure, but I hope someone makes a graph for that soon.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

If only there was a way to get them out without voting.

Nice post, puts things into perspective number wise.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

So how do we inspire Congress to cease their chaotic ways?

This is how: Plan To Restore America

I have an idea. If elected officials vote to continue spending trillions on wars, they themselves and their families have to go fight. Wars would end tomorrow if that was the case....they're a bunch of chicken-hawks.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

I love these "simple man's" graphs and statistics. It makes it easy to understand even for the more financially careless among us.
Thanks for posting.

In response to a previous poster...
*throws hands in air wildly*
"RON PAUL 2012!!!"

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

That is really clever. I cannot even believe how completely out of control the situation is.

Its like Rummy said, "Washington D.C. is 60 square miles surrounded by reality."

S&F

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

Thats absolutely right. Take the kids out of boarding school and send them off
with a m16 and a few mre's.

That would be a wake up call.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I see your comparison of government budget to household budget and raise you this...

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildmanimal

Amen to that.

They would change their minds very quickly the moment their son or daughter came home with crippling PTSD from watching civilians being torn apart by artillery.

I like the avatar also. One of my favorite movies.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Oh god.

Even they don't realize that regardless of President or Party, the Government somehow always gets in.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
We can demand a balanced budget...but how to get it is the question.

Raise taxes? Cut spending? Both?

If Americans are still starving and going bankrupt from medical expenses then my taxes are too low. If the government is buying more bombs to drop on more people then they're spending too much.

That's just how I feel though.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Banking system is flawed,
Ron paul wants to fix it so i hear
GO HIM!

The federal reserve is pretty much the root of why people can barely afford medical, why your tax money is spent on compound interest payments. And etc, etc, etc.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Awesome graph! It isn't hard to understand that we are screwed. Its going to take a LOT more than just Ron Paul as President. There are 435 Members of the House and 100 Senators that ALL have to get on the ball and fix this mess. What happened to the balanced budget amendment that was downplayed by BOTH parties? It seems to me that we need to hold these people accountable for their inaction, as in prosecution and incredible fines for letting it happen. I blame BOTH parties and this is just another example of our 'lawless' government.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   
It's obvious they want to wreak the whole system, make us all poor and hungry...
And then come up with a magical solution of one world government.

Don't let in, never trade security for liberty!

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Realistically, the "household budget" example is what a lot of people are seeing on their own bills.

You hold Congress to a higher standard than the average American? Ha! This is where you've gone wrong.

You do realize that a lot of those politicians are probably living beyond their means, right?

Why would they practice discretion for the country when they don't do it in their own lives? There are many stories about the excesses of our "chosen representatives". (Congressional Expense Account Purchases, for example.)

The problem is that we made the materialistic "Keeping up with the Joneses" mentality the norm. And now it's biting us in the bum.

You want change? Make it yourself. You're the only one you can completely trust with your own money.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Star for you good sir!

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
The main problem is this is no debt, it's not real its all fabricated because we have nothing to back it up. It's just numbers on a piece of paper or in a computer.

This is why we send companies to China, that is how we repay the debt. We do the same thing to many countries, we loan them absurd amounts of money and then we say time to pay and they can't so we say OK we'll now we will build a military base in your country and then you will supply us with your best commodity (oil, grains, textiles, whatever you get the pt) at a discounted price.

The only difference is China doesn't have a military base here as far as we know.

Analogy, if you owe a bookie money and can't pay what happens? He hurts you in some fashion, but you still owe the money.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

I'd love to know people's top 3 solutions for actually dealing with this issue.

First step, IMHO, is vote Ron Paul. You have to start *thinking* right before you start *doing* right. And all I see is Non-intellectuals, Criminals, and Pvssies, trying to run this country.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
I see your comparison of government budget to household budget and raise you this...

HAHA!!!

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Ron paul would be a good start. Im sure the house and senate would try to black ball him to death but at least when the next election cycle for them comes around Ron could address the nation and call them all out on it publicly and then hopefully the people will be smart enough to vote them out so he can try to fix things.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Let them all pay for it out of their own bank accounts,and see how fast the budget gets balanced.With the money they have made through insider trading,favors,ect..ect we would be in good shape."Criminals" the lot of them!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join