It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why so little support for Bachmann?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

I've tried to listen to what she has to say, and she sounds like she'd like to take America back a hundred years in social terms. Like a lot of other right-wing Christians, she's on the verge of being a religious fanatic, and no person like that should be in such a position of power.

I agree. Having her in the Big Chair would mean Christian this and Jesus that every day, and did you see what happened with her hubby? He runs a ministry that prays the Gay out of Gay people, some of which had to seek psychiatric help after. She also is not very educated in World affairs, and who exactly the enemy is in the Middle East. I cannot trust her.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by theovermensch

You've just answered your own criticism in that response.

Here's a tip, check out all the people debating and discussing, then take a look at your responses. I think it's clear to anyone reading through this thread where the ignorance resides

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
reply to post by detachedindividual

I've tried to listen to what she has to say, and she sounds like she'd like to take America back a hundred years in social terms. Like a lot of other right-wing Christians, she's on the verge of being a religious fanatic, and no person like that should be in such a position of power.

I agree. Having her in the Big Chair would mean Christian this and Jesus that every day, and did you see what happened with her hubby? He runs a ministry that prays the Gay out of Gay people, some of which had to seek psychiatric help after. She also is not very educated in World affairs, and who exactly the enemy is in the Middle East. I cannot trust her.

I often have similar discussions with others in the UK about Cameron.

Just a few days ago he was preaching about the UK being a Christian nation, and he immediately faced an onslaught of opposition from people demanding that he separate church and state.

People can have whatever beliefs they want to have, but those religious beliefs should never be allowed to influence governance of the entire nation. I don't care what she or Cameron or anyone else believes in, but if there is a risk that their religious views could cause harm to the rights of the citizen - any citizen - I have a massive problem with it.

Which is why I have a huge problem with Cameron suggesting tax breaks for married couples. That is just social engineering with a Christian motive.
It suggests that married couples are more worthy citizens than those of us who choose not to marry, and it insinuates that Christians are to be rewarded for being Christian, while the rest of us who are not have to pay more to the state.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

Here's a tip, check out all the people debating and discussing, then take a look at your responses. I think it's clear to anyone reading through this thread where the ignorance resides

Blah blah. If someones rude I will give it back. Jerk.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Originally posted by theovermensch

Yeah really.

I like her better than Gingrich,Romney,Perry and Cain.
Cant believe America hasnt thrown them under the bus for lots of reasons.
And Bachmann is under the bus as far as I can tell.

I agree,throw them all under the bus.

But still........Really?

Even with the information I gave you,you would still have her President?

Its Treason what she is doing.

No way. I dont support Bachmann just because I kinda like her. I was just making the observation that she seems to be the obvious choice for the Tea Party. And I thought she would have had more steam. You have to admit that leading in she seemed more likely than Gingrich,Perry or Cain. Thats all. Just an observation. I dont know why I am getting flamed as though I am some Bachmann supporter just because I say a few nice things. And in my opinion the msn doesnt do her any favours.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   

I have faith that the American people recognize a lunatic when they see one, which is why Palin failed so miserably.

I've tried to listen to what she has to say, and she sounds like she'd like to take America back a hundred years in social terms.

Like a lot of other right-wing Christians, she's on the verge of being a religious fanatic, and no person like that should be in such a position of power.

Oh, and it should also be pointed out that Bush started this in his last term. He was the one to bail out the bankers and end capitalism, not Obama.
It also needs to be stated that Bush was the one who attacked two nations, costing the USA lives and money over a decade.

Like a lot of others, she is very selective in choosing the moments in history that she'd like to criticize. I am by no means a supporter of Obama, and I truly think he has done more to destroy the youths faith in politics and the political process than any leader before him. But people should not let that disdain affect their judgment when selecting someone else to support.
edit on 19-12-2011 by detachedindividual because: (no reason given)

And you call me ignorant? None of this parrot like waffling is on topic. 2200 Tea Party members participated in a straw poll

TextGingrich may have won the Tea Party Patriots straw poll, but was edged out for the enthusiasm vote amongst supporters. Just slightly more of the participants said they'd by extremely enthusiastic if Bachmann were the nominee over Gingrich at 36-35% –27% said they'd be extremely enthusiastic for Santorum, and one quarter said they'd be extremely enthusiastic if Romney secured the nomination for president.

I didnt even know the Tea Party were having this straw poll when I wrote this last night. It almost hurts to be so right you know.

Just because a flock of parrots egg you on does not mean you arent ignorant. You add nothing.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
My personal feelings on this are that Bachman allows her religious views to affect her views on politics.

She has made statements that have been proven incorrect.

I celebrate freedom of religion but do not want to be bound by politicians that put religion above common sense.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Wildbob77

And she's done it again...lying about social security, debt, and jobs. Given how important citizens think those points are, I'm amazed at her lying. And even funnier, just one day earlier she claimed to "speak the truth" and "stick to facts".

What a clown!

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Personally I don't think she has what it takes to even be considered for a nomination. I feel as if half the candidates are just put in place as a joke and or filler.

Perry, Romney, Santorum and her are just a joke. Newt and Paul are the only "Real" candidates that even have a fighting chance.

I don't want to sound like a chauvinist, but she just needs to go back to cleaning the floors and making sandwiches.
She doesn't offer any legitimate reason to get a nomination. I'm more shocked at the fact someone would even back her up other then evangelical christians trying to push their religious views down our throats.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Wow, someone piss in this person's cornflakes this morning or what?

Sometimes it's better to just let the thread die.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
My personal feelings on this are that Bachman allows her religious views to affect her views on politics.

She has made statements that have been proven incorrect.

I celebrate freedom of religion but do not want to be bound by politicians that put religion above common sense.

well, with that common sense attitude, your ballot will have a very limited set of choices.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by maddog99

Wow, someone piss in this person's cornflakes this morning or what?

Sometimes it's better to just let the thread die.

good idea.

I just wrote another one to vindicate myself
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Bachmann Wins Enthusiasm Vote From Tea Party Patriots

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Which proves one thing: The Tea Party Patriots are as crazy and blinded by their Jesus as she is.

They're such a minority as to be a non-factor in a general election.

Bottom line is she's unelectable.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by CoolStoryMan

I am surprised by how little support Bachmann has recieved in the gop. I assumed she would be the natural representative of the Tea Party Patriots. She is the most vocal and uncompromising conservative. She was the only one urging sense in relation to the debt limit deal just before the credit downgrade. I liked how she came out after Geithner and called for his resignation--

“Tonight’s decision by S&P to downgrade our credit rating to AA+ is a historically significant and serious event for the United States. The United States has had a AAA credit rating since 1917. That rating has endured the great depression, World War II, Korea, Vietnam and the terrorist attacks on 9/11. This President has destroyed the credit rating of the United States through his failed economic policies and his inability to control government spending by raising the debt ceiling. “We were warned by all of the credit agencies that a failure to deal with our debt would lead to a downgrade in our credit rating, but instead he submitted a budget that had a $1.5 trillion deficit and then requested a $2.4 trillion blank check. President Obama is destroying the foundations of the U.S. economy one beam at a time. I call on the President to seek the immediate resignation of Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner and to submit a plan with a list of cuts to balance the budget this year, turn our economy around and put Americans back to work.”

She tells it like it is.

We saw her tear Newt a new #hole in the last debate over Newt’s $1.6 million dollar payment from Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. She is a true Tea Party Patriot. Why arent they behind her? Why isnt Palin helping her out? The only slip up seems to be when the msn tried to make her look crazy in relation to her stance on government injections. I dont see her get much attention in the debates. Almost no media attention. Hatchet job media attention on the injections stance. I say if the msn have been unfair to Ron Paul then Bachmann is getting the same treatment.
edit on 19-12-2011 by theovermensch because: typo

Because she's a crazy psychopath? Her foreign policy idea's would bring us to WW3 quickly

Well what do you know? Someone can disagree with me without being rude

Is it really that hard for the rest of you rude jerks?

And she came second in the Tea Party Straw poll today but you might be right. Maybe her foriegn policy does turn the Tea Party faithful off.

Her foreign policy is what scares me....our military, and our economy cannot withstand these perpetual wars much longer, we have to get out of the Middle East. To stay in these wars, IMO counterracts any good economical ideas she may have.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Not only this but before it was banned it felt the need to send private messages to anyone that disagreed with it. Sad actually.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by e11888

Not only this but before it was banned it felt the need to send private messages to anyone that disagreed with it. Sad actually.

Oh, so I wasn't the only one getting them?
I felt so special!

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
In a way I am glad she has a forum to express her lunacy especially the whole Christian Zionist fable based idiocracy she proposes.

When a crazy person advocates an alliance with the Apartheid state of Israel good honest people have to wonder if that is not also a crazy idea - which it is.

The other thing is that, except for Ron Paul, the other canidates are just as crazy when it comes to the dead-end policy of supporting an entity (Israel) that the whole world sees as a pariah.

Cazy people have crazy ideas and support Israel is crazy and dangerous.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join