It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have an interesting friend

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by JiggyPotamus
The one that got me the most was "there are creatures that live inside the sun." Lol, that is physically impossible. The sun is not "cool" because there is a thermonuclear reaction taking place inside it, which generates energy, therefore heat. Because it is so unstable, ANYTHING inside of it would break down into particles and become part of the reaction itself. Therefore, no living "creatures."

Tell your friend I said to keep on keeping on, and also tell him he owes me money, and if I don't have it by Friday, I am going to astral-travel to his house and beat the crap out of his soul-body.

After his remarks about the sun I did some searching on Google.
I know the standard scientific opinion about the sun and its thermonuclear reaction.
But , do yourself a pleasure and have a search for "Electric universe". You might be surprised, at least I was.
The solar flares are the hottest, enough for fusion.The Solar surface is relatively cold and the Inside is never measured. If you go for the concept that Sunspots give an insight in the Sun, and measure their infra red profile, you will see they are far colder then the surface of the sun.

Concerning your second remark: Well, give it a try

edit on 19/12/11 by Pokoia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pokoia
reply to post by PuterMan

If my friend is right, why do most people answer the oxygen is "made" by plants?
There was this very popular couple that married. They got a lot of plants/flowers as gift. They were all put in their hotelroom. The next day they were both dead of lack of oxygen.

Uhhhhh... I'm no expert but plants produce oxygen when there's sunlight through photosynthesis and in darkness they produce carbon dioxide. I don't know how many plants they had in their hotel room but they probably died from carbon dioxide poisoning.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

I never said it was orbiting the moon. I said it was behind the moon.,To be exact, in my friends words, it is, seen from the upper part of earth, located behind the right upper Quadrant of the moon. Distance from the moon 0,5 LD

Technically, it would be possible to have a spaceship sitting in the Lagrangian Point L2 behind the Moon.
So it would remain invisible from the Earth and would have a stable position.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amandla
It´s always interesting to read out of box ideas and I apprechiate your courage to post these on ATS
Thanks.
I´m curious, have your friend ever said anything about life on other planets in our own Solar System?

He found a lot of technology on the moon. Look for it earlier in this thread.
He found a lot of technology and underground cities on Mars. Not a living soul there.
He found some traces of technology on some small moons. Not a living soul there.

So if it was there and mostly intact is was underground.

Most of the installations above ground were seriously demolished.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Pokoia

Must say that the notion of sundwelling creatures (and portals in the sun) reminds me of Frank Herberts "The Dosadi Experiment" and also, in a slighty different way, Stephen Baxters "Timelike Infinity ;-)

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by crankyoldman
reply to post by Pokoia

Thanks for the compliment, for the record I would agree with most of what your friend reports.

The report about phase is very true. people watch movies and are convinced that if transported to another world they'd just fit right in. The same people haven't moved far beyond their own living rooms, and most likely never traveled to another country where they don't speak the language and no accommodation is made for that handicap.

The brain uses vibrational reference points to tell it where it is, without those it will meltdown. What should be noted is that your friend's travels, WITHOUT the brain, create very little phase conflict. So for those of you paying attention at home, the brain and its earthly programming is the problem and not, not the substance that exists beyond the brain's limitations. 3

Thanks again crankyoldman

He told me it had to do with time.
We have our own time reference here. That's why we conceive time as linear.
If you go somewhere else, travelling very fast, you lose this bond.
That is why going out of phase can protect you.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Equidae

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. So where's the proof? Not saying he couldn't get a credible hypothesis from an OBE. After all Francis Crick did use '___' to help provide the finishing touches of Rosalind Franklin and Maurice Wilkin's DNA structural research. But they based it on evidence, and not apparent conjecture like your friend. When all else fails Occam's Razor should be applied, and your friends theories are a good ways away from being the simplest explanation. He might be suffering from a schizoid induced psychosis. That's not meant to insult your friend. I have known two schizophrenics (a friend and a relative), and your friend's ideas sound similar to some of their episodes of psychosis. There is also usually a belief that they came up with several legitimate scientific theories, and that academia 'stole' them and published as their own. Or that scientists know their theories are correct, but are conspiring to discredit them.

During my study I got to learn some about psychiatry and psychology . He did to BTW, same study.
In my opinion he is special, but he behaves completely normal.
Almost no one knowns of his strange "travels".
Everyone appreciates his normal and sharp logic.

These OBE's do not define him, it is something he has done for years now, not as a job.
My "story's" are a small part of what he told me. Every normal being has to talk to at least one good friend.
Especially if it is so out of the ordinary

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Marlow

Hi Marlow,
Thanks for that one, nice find.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by blackrain17

It has been discussed here and you are probably right.
Than again, plants do not produce oxygen, they only set it free out of CO2.
During the night they use oxygen.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chroast
reply to post by Pokoia

Must say that the notion of sundwelling creatures (and portals in the sun) reminds me of Frank Herberts "The Dosadi Experiment" and also, in a slighty different way, Stephen Baxters "Timelike Infinity ;-)

Thanks Chroast,

I will look into that, I did not know those titles

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
It doesn't make sense to debate the "validity" of what he sees in his OOBE experiences. Why? Because we would apply OUR "normal" understanding, physical laws, science etc. to come to an assumption whether what he says "is true".

The problem is just, this doesn't work. Because "the other realm" does NOT adhere to our same physical laws or whatever what we call "common sense" HERE. Those are different levels of reality which have their own laws.

(For example, in the few cases where i had LD/OOBE etc. i remember to be floating....needless to say in "our" world it would not be rational if humans could float or fly. But the experience was "as real" as it can only get..it's just other things apply there compared to our physical world here).

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123
It doesn't make sense to debate the "validity" of what he sees in his OOBE experiences. Why? Because we would apply OUR "normal" understanding, physical laws, science etc. to come to an assumption whether what he says "is true".

The problem is just, this doesn't work. Because "the other realm" does NOT adhere to our same physical laws or whatever what we call "common sense" HERE. Those are different levels of reality which have their own laws.

(For example, in the few cases where i had LD/OOBE etc. i remember to be floating....needless to say in "our" world it would not be rational if humans could float or fly. But the experience was "as real" as it can only get..it's just other things apply there compared to our physical world here).

Hi flexy123,
Thanks for that useful logic.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
To all that have an interest in this thread, I have to get up really early in the morning.
Maybe "see" you tomorrow.

Love you all.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Hello! Thank you so much for this thread, it's so good!

I have not read through all the comments, so forgive me if I am repeating a question.

I was wondering what your friend's thoughts on the afterlife or reincarnation are. Also, has he ever commented on the hollow earth theory or anything like that?

Thank you again for the great reading!

Much love,
OnewithAll

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I also knew someone who was a very accomplished 'traveler'- they described a lot of similar things, except for the black holes inside the earth!

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

reply to post by blackrain17

It has been discussed here and you are probably right.
Than again, plants do not produce oxygen, they only set it free out of CO2.
During the night they use oxygen.

Oops my bad, didn't read the whole thread.

But if you look at it that way, nothing is produced. Everything just changes in form...

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

reply to post by Helmkat

Hi Helmkat,

Finally someone that is not ranting, thanks for that.
It is real bummer to hear that you still have not visited the Nile
Then again, neither did I!
I knew the prediction would be hard to swallow, because it is history now.
Then again , for me it was true history too, I mean this prediction.
I am not seeking followers or believers for my friends ideas.

You are welcome. I've picked up a thing or two bouncing from thread to thread on ATS over the years and I understand that you are just sharing some free thoughts and readers can apply filters as they see fit. I could dissect the message and say this or that is "baloney" but thats not the point now is it. Lets take my comment about the Nile for instance, that occured when I was talking about the Nile with a friend and then I sneezed. He then explained an old wives tale about how I would now visit the Nile because I had sneezed after talking about it. I didn't poo-poo my friend or chide him about old wives tales or suddenly lecture him on logic etc. etc. no instead we had a good laugh and said "can you imagine!?" Yet for all the years that have flowed away we both still remember that moment, not for silly a notion it is but because of the "possilbities" such a notion contains.

To that end you might enjoy the novel by David Brin called "Sundiver".

Sundiver

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

reply to post by dilly1

Is your friend an american citizen? Is he human? Was he educated here, on earth?

1 No, he is Dutch, that's why we met during our student years.
2 Yes, see 1
3 see 1

Dutch?

Are you his only friend, or is he well known figure in the dutch community?

Is he your only friend.

If not, do your other friend approve of your dutch friend presence?

Do your other friend(s) know about your Dutch friend's theories?

Is your friend white or black or both?

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Finally someone with original ideas for a movie.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join