It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia and the United States are bracing for a naval confrontation

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Twiptwop

Originally posted by daaskapital

It is an act of aggression, however, as i said, it is for defensive reasons. With the US allegedly training troops on the Turkish border, supposedly getting ready for an invasion, if i were Syria, i would do the same thing, whether or not the claims are true. Put yourself in Syria's position instead of Turkey's for a second, what would you do if you were Syria facing these circumstances?

If I were Syria? I would realise that the slaughter of my own people, the attempts to intimidate surrounding nations and other provocative actions I made were the reasons why we are looking at a potential invasion. If I were Syria? I would get rid of Assad, offer formal apologies and reparations to those nations I have threatened and do my hardest to get back in the good books.
edit on 18-12-2011 by Twiptwop because: (no reason given)

Fair call mate, fair call

Have you listened to the uncut western interview with Assad? He goes into detail that it isn't really him who ordered the military to kill civilians. He stated that it is in the Syrian constitution that the President doesn't order them to do so. I have to mention though, that with everything that has happened in Northern Africa/ME, it is only precautionary and smart to make these moves (arming missiles/transporting them) just in case if TSHTF. You know, all this is like drugs for the US/NATO, once they try it once, they can't stop. So i am presuming that Syria is expecting something, and thus, getting ready for war with foreign countries. Either way, they are going down next.

I had no idea of these interviews, where can I find them? If what you say is true, then I will have no choice but to retract my previous statements with an apology to yourself.

Here you go mate

www.abovetopsecret.com...
Be sure to watch the unedited one

edit on 18-12-2011 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by foreshadower99
reply to post by Twiptwop

Your sir are either as intelligent as a potato or as ignorant
as a child who wants there candy back. Assad doesn't order
the slaughter of the people, the constitution of Syria is made
so that any attack on the country will be retaliated against.
Current we are seeing not protestors but people who want to
bring sharia law as seen in Libya, Egypt and Tunisia. It's like
mass groups of Muslim radicals who are stirred up to change the
state to a sharia one, that could happen any other country to.

Are we going to change Britain or America cause they have an ethnic
minority wanting to change the state to a sharia one and call it a civil
war? Educate yourself, don't buy to false crap. Stop being inert.
edit on 18-12-2011 by foreshadower99 because: (no reason given)

I don't think you are in any position to discuss intellect, the fact that you decided to start your comments with insults and proceeded to spell "their" and "too" incorrectly speaks for itself. Maybe one day, when you are mentally capable of holding a debate with adults, I'll take you seriously.

Here you go mate

www.abovetopsecret.com...
Be sure to watch the unedited one

edit on 18-12-2011 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

Many thanks, I am watching them as we speak.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by archangel2012

I have a question.

The title of the thread is Russia and the United States are bracing for a naval confrontation however the only mention of the United States and Russia in the linked source specifically states...

“I would be very surprised if it turned into a Russian-American war, but this could be a Mid-East war: Hezbollah, Hamas, Iran, Syria, Israel all having at each other,”

It amazes me that so many posters will deride the integrity and off handedly dismiss anything sourced to the MSM and specifically Fox news ( no, I am not a fox subscriber) yet these sorts of disingenuous postings are lapped up without a second thought.

Regardless, first for reasons that should be obvious to anyone who believes they understand the true nature of global politicks, the U.S. involvement in any regional hostilities aimed at Syrian regime change will be a similar but larger role as was played in Libya.

Secondly and most importantly, All of Vladmir Putin's nationalistic saber rattling is nothing but grandstanding.

Even at the height of Soviet military power (roughly 1965-1985) there was no doubt on anyone's part east or west about the overwhelming dominance the U.S. Navy held over the Red Fleet.

The combined military of Russian Federation is barely a shadow of the U.S.S.R and is not capable of projecting power in any meaningful way while the U.S. Navy is largely intact from its cold war disposition, excellently equipped and well honed by two decades of combat operations.

The Russian navy knows this.

Wars between nations are fought for gain, territory, resources etc. Syria has nothing to offer the Russian Federation to risk open hostilities with the U.S. and the inevitable billions of dollars of carnage that even a localized direct confrontation would produce.

The current situation in the eastern Mediterranean is already bad with the potential to get much worse.

I don't see the point in trying to exacerbate the situation in peoples minds by twisting the facts to fabricate fictional scenarios

edit on 18-12-2011 by Drunkenparrot because: Sp

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   

So you wouldn't have a problem with a country neighbouring your nation moving deadly missiles armed with chemicals to your borders, and aiming them at your people?

It is not, as was said, an act of war. How is maneuvering your own weapons within your own borders an act of war? And how do you know they are "aiming" them at anyone? That is next to impossible to know, so you are just "speculating" to bolster your argument.

I personally do not think that the US or Russia is itching to go to war with one another, but I do know that Russia will NOT back down if facing US aggression tactics over certain ME countries. It actually could be a great thing for Russian pride, as the administration will take advantage of the situation with soviet-esque propaganda...Well, maybe not, but as I said, they won't back down.

We know where Israel stands, and we also know that Israel is whining because they haven't been allowed to start a war yet. The way things are looking, it won't take all that much to spark major conflict. BUT, I will say this; It will NOT be Iran that starts it. They could have started it already with the recent events that were deemed "accidents."

Iran has done quite a bit to show they are simply talking the talk, and wish to avoid conflict if possible. This is why they wanted nuclear weapons...to AVOID being obliterated by blood-thirsty countries.
edit on 12/18/11 by JiggyPotamus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Adults? Right. The fact that you summed up my entire conversation
with mis-spelt words and insults that are meant to help you reflect
on your ideology and know that it's nothing more than patriotic bull
shows that you lack free will. Be free to change, have an open mind
and stop defending those who are willing to crush you for a penny.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Adults? Right. The fact that you summed up my entire conversation
with mis-spelt words and insults that are meant to help you reflect
on your ideology and know that it's nothing more than patriotic bull
shows that you lack free will. Be free to change, have an open mind
and stop defending those who are willing to crush you for a penny.

Is that an attempt to crush free speech and freedom of opinion? It's not looking good for you at all! First you prove your inability to debate like an adult, and now you attempt to remove my right to hold an opinion and ideology. I feel sorry for you, if all you have to use in a debate is attempts to stifle free thought and speech.
edit on Mon Dec 19 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Free speech can be seen in many ways, it does not necessarily equate
to swearing. "Yea I have free speech # you!" that's not free speech
that is disrespect. You are free to hold an ideology, but that does not make
your ideology right. What sounds logical doesn't necessarily make it true.
Don't speak out of your ass, use your brain.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Free speech can be seen in many ways, it does not necessarily equate
to swearing. "Yea I have free speech # you!" that's not free speech
that is disrespect. You are free to hold an ideology, but that does not make
your ideology right. What sounds logical doesn't necessarily make it true.
Don't speak out of your ass, use your brain.

Who on earth are you to say what ideology is right? Who put you in that position and where can I apply? More to the point, how can you now start using respect as a debating point, after launching into a verbal assault...only to end it with more abuse? All this after attempting (and failing) to use intellect as a debating point. Keep trying though, maybe you'll get there.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
edit ?
edit on 18-12-2011 by syrinx high priest because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   

There is no ideology that is right, there is only critical thinking.
No state ideology has ever and will last for long, because it is
irrational to treat humans as cattle, and that's what they are treating us
as. You are using way too much emotion, stop trying to retaliate
with a closed mind it's making you look bad. Don't focus on me
hell don't reply to my message just think for a second and look at the
bigger picture. I'm only trying to help.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

There is no ideology that is right, there is only critical thinking.
No state ideology has ever and will last for long, because it is
irrational to treat humans as cattle, and that's what they are treating us
as. You are using way too much emotion, stop trying to retaliate
with a closed mind it's making you look bad. Don't focus on me
hell don't reply to my message just think for a second and look at the
bigger picture. I'm only trying to help.

I am bored of you, so I am going to end this debate now. As a critical thinker, you are one of the most incompetent people I have ever seen in my life. You lack depth, breadth, accuracy and fairness. You fail to take on any points made, and continue on the same tangent without thinking. You are an insult to those critical thinkers who are able to actually critically think.

As a debater, you are also inept. You are unable to engage without verbal abuse, unwilling to accept other opinions and unwilling to make any valid points whatsoever. It's such a shame that I have had to come to this conclusion about you, but I'm afraid this is what you brought upon yourself. Now take a look at the debate on this topic I had with daaskapital. Not only did he prove me wrong, he did it with grace and manners.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Kettle calling the pot black with regards to intelligence? or the Kettle simply dissing on everything else?

Cut the propagand BS and tell the truth for once.

1.Syria is a secular state BUT its president must be a Muslim. It is a secular state but acknowledges Islam as the majority's religion. 74% are Sunnis and 13% Shias.

2. The 2011 uprising was NEVER about sharia law, but only political reforms,better civil rights, and an end to the state of emergency. For that, its peaceful UNARMED citizens were murdered by the thousands.

Who is really attacking who in Syria?

Acknowledge the truth and it will set you free to become part of the solution. Sharia law or secular law, they both call for peaceful adherence to laws and civil behaviour within our planet's fellow humans community., and is a choice that only the Syrian citizens can make, not those outside - american, chinese, russians or fellow arab states.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
You're right of course that all this is very volatile. Throw in Russia's need to show control at home due to the recent "kind of" elections. Plus, the US missile shield controversy, etc. Dangerous, indeed.

But I was really hoping to see your comments and opinions on the subject. What do you think the countries' actions will be? What kind of diplomatic agreement can be reached? What do you think the Obama and Hillary
goal is? Weaken Russia? Start a war?

Hello.. there is without a doubt alot of saber-rattling going on and it is not a case of "if" it will happen... but "when." I just think that with everthing that is happening to: the worlds economy, new defence budget, huge increases in health-care costs etc.. The Iranian threat...the Russian and China cozying up to Iran and Pakistan. All this that is in conflict is a pre-cursor to the events that will lead to 12,21,2012. With everything ats is, those who post here , whether a "true sorce" in reporting or not.knows..anyone with any common sense at all has a pretty good idea of the truth is.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Inert?..hmmmm... odd choice of a word .. if nothing else ...it did create discussion and interest.. my task was accomplished. than you very much, inert may be the somke behind the mirror.take a look and see.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

I am surprised Syria moving chemical tipped missiles to the Turkish border didn't start the conflict, that should have been treated as an act of war. S&F

You guys are a little jumpy in calling something an act of war aren't you? Wars have not started even when there have been direct attacks on another country: Israel bombing Syria nuke facilities a couple of years ago. Israel bombing civilians in Gaza, the US bombing here and there over the years. Get the picture?

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Amen.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by foreshadower99

If america is treating its people like cattle then, by golly, I want to be a cow.

At least it's the best form of treatment on the planet. Name another country with our GDP?

That GDP direclty translates to quality of life and regional stability.

I know that doesn't make everything we do right, but SOMEBODY has to do it.

You do realize that someone has to take the lead, right? That's what the US is doing.

It's a natural consequence of our GDP and history. We're the goto guys.

And I'm grateful that the leading country is one that upholds freedom and human rights.

Russia and China have a human rights record that prohibits them from ever leading.

Well, ok, they could lead if the world sunk that low and accepted them.

We might sometimes be overly christian or arrogant, but we're the best out there. What other nation has our power and discipline and values and endurance and respect? Nobody.
edit on 18-12-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

How do you know what you know is the truth though?
Media is owned by a group of people and chances
are they are more than just corrupt. Unarmed, yea
go look for your self. There is too much chaos to say
who is friendly and who is an enemy.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

Like you did in Iraq? Right? You went there to stop nuclear threat.
Excuse me but where were the WMD's? I can't see any? Oh what
a surprise, they will do anything to push there own agenda they
don't care about you

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I have been a watcher and a lurker since I joined ATS... my thoughts on the OP are that the USA/Uk drew up a plan back in 2004 to overthrow/control through military action and covert action the countries of Afghanistan, Iraq, Lybia, Syria, and a couple of others, there are a couple of threads on ATS to that effect that have been posted previously. The reasoning for this really boils down to one thing. One World Government. The reason IMO they have accelarated these plans is that the USA/UK have developed and perfected an alternate energy scource and several pieces of High Tech (Military Grade) Weapons Platforms that are Game Changers in any kind of armed confilict. These High Tech Miltary Grade Weapons have not been made public yet IMO. The USA/UK know that no other countries are close in the Alternative Energy Field and they know that now is the time to project there military power to effectivly control the Oil/Gas Fields (which will prop/stabilize the American Dollar/Economy) and therefore push forward the One World Government... China, Russia, and the other smaller oil/gas producing countries will have only 2 choices. First to strike back with there military which could result in an all out Nuclear War ( I think the USA/Uk has planned for this scenario and they thing they have some kind of High Tech to counter that which they believe would allow for the USA/UK to somehow survive this scenario) or Second the other countries would have to fall in line with the One World Government to survive... Just my thoughts and my own opinions... I am sure I will get flamed etc... as I have not posted any scources but I have read alot of strings and news articles and these are my views as of now... Hope this is not the plan but I think this is what is going on....

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join