It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Should Be President Paul's Vice President?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ga-`tv-gi

Chuck Norris

Chuck Norris is a neighbor and he CAMPAIGNED for Huckabee (and not Ron Paul) for the last election's Republican nomination for Presential candidate.

And to others who say Jesse Ventura - that would have been cool at one time; but, the last I read he moved to Mexico and renounced his American citizenship ... that would be a tougher hurdle to jump back across now than Obama had with his birth certificate.

Rand Paul - Ron's son has some views that are very different from his father's. I can't remember which they were now. But, as we've seen in this last budget debacle over the defense bill - Rand has some qualities that are the same as his Dad's. Whether Ron would stay away from nominating his own son on the principle of avoiding the nepotism issue ... I think he might avoid nominating Rand because of that.

Who is left?

edit on 14/12/2011 by Trexter Ziam because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Well, Judge Napolitano sounds like a good pick.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saucerwench
reply to post by LogiosHermes27

Ahhahahahahahah...We shall see.

Its no way the american people will vote ron or any other republican nonsense into office,its a new day and new era for voters. The new voters will never let a republican in office ever again...Sorry!
Yes we can to 4 more years of democratic rulling...thank God!
edit on 14-12-2011 by LogiosHermes27 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Trexter Ziam

However, -Rand- Paul would evoke -even more- "fear and loathing" from the PTB than his dad. Wayyyy so. BUT how strong is Rand to the Dark Side? They are mighty powerfull, tricky, and intimidating. That sounds kinda cartoonish probably, but I had gotten a taste of psyops intimidation in the military. Jesse too, as Govenor, with a bunch of CIA people.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

I just do not believe the Republicans are going to nominate Paul, Ron will have to run third party. I believe the GOP is going to pick Mitt Romney or Michelle Bachmann.
Are you all going to let the Bank Of London MSM whores tell you "Oh freaking No people, you ARE GOING TO vote Dem or Repub like always, just like we have always told you good little sheeple-to-your-slaughter, to go and do."
After we are all awake,
and see the game they've been playing on us since Albert Pike described every global and national situation in the 1800s?
Really?

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I have another possible VP candidate. Libertarian Wayne Allen Root.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by freakjive

Exactly that, but I think Bachmann is more electable than Palin ever was. I wasn't saying he should pick her, just mentioning that I think she would be the one currently in the running most likely to accept the VP spot. I couldn't imagine a Paul/Perry, Paul/Gingrich, Paul/Romney bumper sticker ever being produced.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   

I just do not believe the Republicans are going to nominate Paul, Ron will have to run third party. I believe the GOP is going to pick Mitt Romney or Michelle Bachmann.
Are you all going to let the Bank Of London MSM whores tell you "Oh freaking No people, you ARE GOING TO vote Dem or Repub like always, just like we have always told you good little sheeple-to-your-slaughter, to go and do."
After we are all awake,
and see the game they've been playing on us since Albert Pike described every global and national situation in the 1800s?
Really?

Ron Paul running as a third party candidate means 4 more years of Obama....Period....that is all folks....
edit on 14-12-2011 by tsawyer2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by tsawyer2

The only one that's currently running that Paul might pick would be Gary Johnson. I forgot about him but he'd be good too.

So that's Napolitano, Root, and Johnson on my list.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

I just cant accept that. I'm going to vote my conscience anyway. I hope a large part of 300million Americans do too.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blueracer

The only one that's currently running that Paul might pick would be Gary Johnson. I forgot about him but he'd be good too.

So that's Napolitano, Root, and Johnson on my list.

The problem is, you and I actually read and study issues and politics and know who they are and what their viewpoints are, but the fact is, the average American does not. I don't agree with all their viewpoints, but I think a VP nomination would have to come from someone more well known than them. Heck, he could choose Britney Spears as VP and get more votes than if he chose like Root.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

After we are all awake,
Really?

Romney or Michelle Bachmann

The new American young voters would not dare let them run this country with the rhetoric and... Soooo 30s mentality of life as real people understands it.
The republican George Bush is why no American will ever trust a republican again, this is why a black
Man became the president of the USA, and this is why the republicans will never win again for the next 50 years.

Its time for the younger voters to speak now with new up to date thinking, Americans are tired of the racial thinking and what some heard or was taught when they was young ,sitting to racists mommy and daddy talking stupid ,about what there dumb mothers and daddy taught them…its time to break the chains of stupidity thinking that has drove this country into madness.

Its boring ,its played out, its stupid, and this is 2011,not the 40s not the 50s and surly not the 20s and 30s in which the thinking from that era shows every day in this world.

Thank god for bush!

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Whoever it is, let it be someone that scares the living crap out of everybody! That way, no one will try to kill Paul while he's in office.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I am embarassed to say, I don't know anything about this Napolitono. But a judge would not be bad. I also Don't mind Huntsman.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Glenn Greenwald.

Judge Napolitano

Dylan Ratigan

Gary Johnson

Dennis Kucinich

Bernie Sanders

Jesse Ventura

Any of these would be great VPs.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Whoo, time to dispel some ignorance and provide facts!

Originally posted by Trexter Ziam

Chuck Norris

Chuck Norris is a neighbor and he CAMPAIGNED for Huckabee (and not Ron Paul) for the last election's Republican nomination for Presential candidate.

Well, I'm sure the fact that Chuck Norris endorsed Ron Paul this year and has been campaigning for paul trumps the fact that he endorsed Huckabee 4 years ago. Source:
www.frumforum.com...

Originally posted by LogiosHermes27
reply to post by Saucerwench

It doesnt matter whos going to be ron pauls vice president...he has no chance of winning.

Are you suggesting the elections are rigged? Because, right now Ron Paul is polling higher than McCain was at this time of the year in 2007. Source: en.wikipedia.org... He also has a lot more money on hand, and unlike McCain his campaign is not bankrupt. Source: en.wikipedia.org... Yet, McCain still went on to get the republican nomination.

And while John McCain did not win the presidency, polling shows that Ron Paul is the only republican that has a change at beating Obama in the general election. Source: www.ronpaul.com...

Ron Paul has stated numerous times he will not run third party. He was asked pretty much in every interview in his 2007-2008 bid for president if he would run third party. And he never did.

Originally posted by LogiosHermes27

Ahhahahahahahah...We shall see.

Its no way the american people will vote ron or any other republican nonsense into office,its a new day and new era for voters. The new voters will never let a republican in office ever again...Sorry!
Yes we can to 4 more years of democratic rulling...thank God!
edit on 14-12-2011 by LogiosHermes27 because: (no reason given)

This is pretty simplistic thinking. Just because he has an R at the end of his name, voters will not vote for him? Are Americans really that sheepish? Voting because of a letter and not issues? The funny thing is, Americans agree with Ron Paul's policies more than any other candidate, they just don't know it because the corrupt media marginalizes Ron Paul's campaign. I made a quiz for people I know which let people select a candidate based on issues, without revealing the name of the candidate. Out of the 23 people I quizzed, 19 of them chose Ron Paul. And they didn't know it until after I told them who they picked. Out of those 19, 18 of them didn't know who Ron Paul was. Keep in mind I live in liberal democrat New York. And I quizzed random people I work with, family, and friends who share no common political background.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
On Facebook there's a page By Ron Paul and it has his picutre that has jesse and himself that says 2012...maybe it will be Jesse.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by WP4YT

If possible, can you share this quiz for others to use?

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by WP4YT
Whoo, time to dispel some ignorance and provide facts!

Originally posted by Trexter Ziam

Chuck Norris

Well, I'm sure the fact that Chuck Norris endorsed Ron Paul this year and has been campaigning for paul trumps the fact that he endorsed Huckabee 4 years ago. Source:
www.frumforum.com...

Dispelling ignorance as you said; would include reading your OWN link!

Chuck Norris, who famously supported former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee last election season, has thrown his hat in the ring for Rep. Ron Paul.

Norris was influential in garnering support for Huckabee at the outset of his White House bid. The Los Angeles Times reported that Norris was “a factor in Huckabee’s popularity surge” and said in 2007, “A month ago, few even knew that Huckabee was a former governor of Arkansas, let alone a Republican candidate for president. Then karate-movie tough guy Norris … announced he was in Huckabee’s camp… Suddenly, Huckabee became the presidential example of tough-guy cool.” However, it is unclear how much his support will help the divisive Paul’s campaign this year.

Wishy-washy doesn't a loyal man make.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   

You are the perfect example of why democracy should not even exist.

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."

"When a candidate for public office faces the voters he does not face men of sense; he faces a mob of men whose chief distinguishing mark is the fact that they are quite incapable of weighing ideas, or even of comprehending any save the most elemental — men whose whole thinking is done in terms of emotion, and whose dominant emotion is dread of what they cannot understand."

"One of the main purposes of laws in a democratic society is to put burdens upon intelligence and reduce it to impotence. Ostensibly, their aim is to penalize anti-social acts; actually their aim is to penalize heretical opinions."

"Public opinion, in its raw state, gushes out in the immemorial form of the mob's fear. It is piped into central factories, and there it is flavoured and coloured and put into cans."

"Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary." - H.L. Mencken

"It has been observed that a pure democracy if it were practicable would be the most perfect government. Experience has proved that no position is more false than this. The ancient democracies in which the people themselves deliberated never possessed one good feature of government. Their very character was tyranny; their figure deformity." - Alexander Hamilton

We need more of this...

"All grandeur, all power, all subordination to authority rests on the executioner: he is the horror and the bond of human association. Remove this incomprehensible agent from the world and at that very moment order gives way to chaos, thrones topple and society disappears." - Joseph de Maistre

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join