It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you allergic to Fluoride?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
If you're experiencing any of these symptoms, you might be allergic to fluoride.
Symptoms of allergic/hypersensitive reactions have been reported to include: skin rashes (e.g. dermatitis, urticaria, eczema); mouth lesions (canker sores); gastric distress; headache; joint pain; weakness; visual disturbances; and lethargy.
www.fluoridealert.org...

It sure seems as though the medical community has come up with a lot of diseases and conditions in the past few decades.

What if fibromyalgia is actually a reaction to fluoride? It includes joint pain, weakness, lethargy, and headaches.

What about acne and other skin conditions?
www.fluoridealert.org...

"In hypersensitive individuals, fluorides occasionally cause skin eruptions such as atopic dermatitis, eczema or urticaria. Gastric distress, headache and weakness have also been reported. These hypersensitivity reactions usually disappear promptly after discontinuation of the fluoride."

Then, there's this letter, which backs up what I'm contemplating:
sonic.net...
This is only an excerpt, please see the link above to read the entire letter.

I realize that this letter is long, but I do not simply ask, I plead that you give me some of your very precious and valuable time.

I have a very simple question: why is it that the potential allergic/side effects of fluoride are not well known facts? Other than the fact that consuming more toothpaste than used for brushing is potentially poisonous, an amount which is consumed every day if you live in a community where the water is fluoridated. I never knew it was possible to be allergic to fluoride until two weeks ago, which was two years too late for me. I am allergic to fluoride.

You see, I took a secretarial position with a company located in Media, PA in October of 1997. Within two months of starting that position for the first time in my life, at the age of 32 and in excellent health, I began to suffer from insomnia. It became impossible for me to fall asleep no matter how exhausted I was. I attributed this to the fact that my marriage of 14 years was disintegrating. In August of 1998 I separated from my husband and moved from my home in Drexel Hill, PA (a non-fluoridated town) to an apartment in Media, PA (a fluoridated town) to be closer to my job.

By December or January of 1999 my insomnia was a fact of life. The only way I was able to fall asleep was with a sleeping pill. In addition I was developing what I thought was acne on my chin and jaw (something else I'd never before had in my life, even in my teenage years. My skin has always been, and remains to this day, very dry). These were not common pimples, but very large, angry red, tender raised lumps that would appear and remain for upwards of two weeks before retreating. Since January of 1999 to the present time I have not gone five consecutive days without having at least one of these lesions on my face, and usually there are two or three at a given time. However, at the time I attributed both the insomnia and "acne" to the stress of the divorce. When I consulted with my family physician he confirmed this as a probability. Perhaps I didn't emphasize to him just how severe the insomnia had become or how unsightly and demoralizing I found the "acne" to be, but nevertheless my doctor assured me that these symptoms were probably the result of a stressful personal and professional life.

In the first half of 1999 I decided to "live with" these problems. The "stress" diagnosis seemed confirmed when I developed daily heartburn/indigestion that started near the end of the day and gradually worsened toward evening. I was sure that I was developing ulcers, which my father had suffered from. I was convinced that my problems all stemmed from stress.

The letter is quite long, but I encourage you to read it. My heart goes out to this woman because I can really identify with what she's describing.

Then, there's this information:
www.fluoridation.com...

Fluoridation's adverse health effects are not recognised by most physicians but they are documented in blind and double-blind studies. Allergy, Hypersensitivity, gastrointestinal and skin irritation are known side effects of fluoride ingestion. The toxicity of fluoride is increased in people with inadequate nutrition (sub-standard vitamin-mineral intake) or who are immune-compromised (eg., diabetics, renal disease, etc)

I'm actually beginning to believe that I may be suffering from fluoride allergies. Do any of you feel this way?

Are many of today's "afflictions" actually symptoms of allergic reactions to fluoride?
IF, this is the case, maybe we can bring more attention to this and get it out of our water system completely. If this were to happen, I believe that many of us would feel better in mind and body. This sure would deal a powerful blow to the government and pharmaceutical industry.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Clean your teeth with a no fluoride toothpaste or with bicarb and find a way to get more iodine into your diet. Iodine eliminates fluoride.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
This is rather eye opening:

Wistar rats were given 20 ppm fluoride in drinking water, or single administration of 115 mg/kg alloxan i.m. to induce diabetes, or single administration of 115 mg/kg alloxan i.m. followed by 20 ppm fluoride for 31 days. Blood sugar level increased in rats given alloxan and alloxan + fluoride. Body weight gain in rats given alloxan + fluoride decreased significantly compared to other groups. Decrease in haemoglobin and glutamic oxaloacetate transaminase (GOT) was seen only in rats given alloxan + fluoride. In this group alkaline phosphatase, the target enzyme in fluoride toxicosis, increased considerably. The toxicity of fluoride in diabetic rats was further reflected in organ weight data. This investigation shows that fluoride toxicity is greater in diabetic rats.

www.fluoridation.com...

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by troubleshooter

I have changed my toothpaste, but I'm wondering how it's possible to avoid absorbing the water during a bath or shower. I can't afford to filter that water.

Edit to Add: I was taking kelp, but haven't bought a new bottle of it. I'll do that tomorrow.
edit on 13-12-2011 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I'm not 100% sure to be honest. I use fluoride-free toothpaste (5 euro dollars a tube!), I drink non-fluoridated water (at least so the water company tells me) and I haven't had a vaccine or injection for at least 10- years (includes tetanus) and my fillings are starting to fall out. Last time I visited a dentist was um...at least 5 years ago. I am not allergic to fluoride so much as I just try to avoid it as much as possible. Mercury, lithium and other brain frying substances too. Fingers crossed!

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
While these things could be brought on by many environmental factors, I tend to think that fluoridation may be responsible for these problems on a large scale, at least a lot more then we are told.
It would be good if there was some medical statistics comparing before and after fluoridation which began on a major scale in the 1940’s.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ThrowCatsAtCacti

The dental industry did finally admit that they were swayed by "scientific opinion" with regards to fluoride and now they seem to be recognising that it is not "a good thing" at all. Ah, the wonders of modern science...

edit on 13/12/11 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   

I'm trying to find a map right now that I saw on the CDC website. It was a map or chart with the breakdown of the concentrations of fluoride in the water according to cities. I remember that the largest concentrations were in the most populated cities and near/on military bases.

If one took this map and cross referenced where the highest concentrations of these symptoms showed up, we might just see more than just the tip of the iceberg.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

and my fillings are starting to fall out.
Thats got nothing to do with flouride, injections or vaccines. Its because of diet and our modern lifestyles.
Its fairly accepted amoung many dentists not in a toothpaste comercial to admit that toothpaste and flouride is pretty much unessacary for people who live healthy lifestyles.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought
reply to post by troubleshooter

I have changed my toothpaste, but I'm wondering how it's possible to avoid absorbing the water during a bath or shower. I can't afford to filter that water.

Edit to Add: I was taking kelp, but haven't bought a new bottle of it. I'll do that tomorrow.
edit on 13-12-2011 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

Iodine can be absorbed through the skin by using tinture of iodine or Betadine. Paint some on your skin before going to bed, it will help you sleep too.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver

The dental industry did finally admit that they were swayed by "scientific opinion" with regards to fluoride and not they seem to be recognising that it is not "a good thing" at all. Ah, the wonders of modern science...
Its not the wonders of science, its the wonders of clever marketing from a massive resource industry.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I can understand the skin disorders from the fluoride exposure. If the body considers it to be a toxin, it would try to rid the body of it through the skin. No?

Plus, the Fluoride may be building up in the joints to cause the pain. Not sure about the fatigue and headaches. Although aspertame gives me really bad headaches.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Toxicological Profile for Fluorides, Hydrogen Fluoride, and Fluorine
www.atsdr.cdc.gov...
(This report is on the CDC's website and it's from 2003. Seems a tiny bit outdated.)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

I get headaches from drinking water. I thought maybe I got headaches because I didn't normally drink water much but lately I've been thinking it was from fluoride.

It sucks because the S.A Government keep throwing the World Health Organisation facts at me. I'm still petitioning my local government but it isn't really getting me anywhere because there hasn't been enough independent research from credible, recognised, organisations.

The only other option is to get an awesome filter but that filter also removes the good minerals from water too.

Damned if you do, Damned if you don't.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

The only other option is to get an awesome filter but that filter also removes the good minerals from water too.

The only option is to take supplements -- until they outlaw them.
Such a joke. One endless nightmare.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought

I'm trying to find a map right now that I saw on the CDC website. It was a map or chart with the breakdown of the concentrations of fluoride in the water according to cities. I remember that the largest concentrations were in the most populated cities and near/on military bases.

If one took this map and cross referenced where the highest concentrations of these symptoms showed up, we might just see more than just the tip of the iceberg.
That would be great to see, any luck?
Yeah I will have a look for disease records and statistics, I would wager there are going to be paralells

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   

I'm not having any luck finding it, but getting pretty tired, so I'll have to continue the search for it tomorrow. If I remember right, it was a guide for people with children. It had all the places listed that had all the ppm, so child care providers would know if they had to give the baby/toddler/child another water source.

I'll continue my search tomorrow. I'm thinking it was a chart and not a map. It was pretty extensive though. If someone can find it before me, I'll certainly give you a round of applause (hint, hint, Mods).

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   

I will have a look for it as well, something tells me goolge wont make it easy.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
www.fluoridation.com...

The link above provides samples from collections of medical journals outlining the neurotoxicity (sic) of fluoride

Li Y, Li X, Wei S, Effect of excessive fluoride intake on mental work capacity of children and a preliminary study of its mechanism, Hua Hsi I Ko Ta Hsueh Hsueh Pao,1994 Jun, 25 :2, 188-191 (Translated from Chinese) We made an investigation in 157 children, aged 12-13, born and grew up in a coal burning pattern endemic fluorosis area and an experiment on excessive fluoride intake in rat. The results showed: (1) Excessive fluoride intake since early childhood would reduce mental work capacity (MWC) and hair zinc content: (2) The effect on zinc metabolism was a mechanism of influence on MWC by excessive fluoride intake; (3) Excessive fluoride intake decreased 5-hydroxy indole acetic acid and increased norepinephrine in rat brain; whether this is also a mechanism of the influence on MWC awaits confirmation.

Li XS, Zhi JL, Gao RO, Effect of Fluoride Exposure on Intelligence in Children, Fluoride, 1995 Nov, 28:4, pp 189-192 The intelligence was measured of 907 children aged 8-13 years living in areas which differed in the amount of fluoride present in the environment. The Intelligence Quotient (IQ) of children living in areas with a medium or severe prevalence of fluorosis was lower than that of children living in areas with only a slight fluorosis or no fluorosis. The development of intelligence appeared to be adversely affected by fluoride in the areas with a medium or severe prevalence of fluorosis but to a minor extent only in areas with only a slight prevalence of fluorosis. A high fluoride intake was associated with a lower intelligence. No correlation was found between age and intelligence in the areas with a medium and severe prevalence of fluorosis. The effect of exposure to a high level of fluoride on intelligence may occur at an early stage of development of the embryo and infant when the differentiation

Varner JA, Huie C, Horvath W, Jensen KF, Issacson RL, Chronic AlF3 Administration: II. Selected Histological Observations, Neuroscience Research Communications, 1993, 13:2, 99-104. [editor's note: this study shows that the bioavailability of Al from drinking water is increased in the presence of fluoride. The Al content in the brain doubled in treated animals. According to an October 28, 1992 Wall Street Journal Article: "Rats fed the highest doses developed irregular mincing steps characteristic of senile animals.... Post mortem examination of the rat brains disclosed 'substantial cell loss in structures associated with dementia -- the neo-cortex and hippocampus'."

Zhao LB, Liang GH, Zhang DN, Wu XR, Effect of a high fluoride water supply on children's intelligence, Fluoride, 1996, 29:4, 190-192 Abstract: In Shanxi Province, China, children living in the endemic fluoride village of Sima (water supply F=4.12 mg/L) located near Xiaoyi City had average IQ (97.69) significantly lower (p

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

My symptoms started about 25 years ago, diagnosed with fibro, IBS, chronic migrains, depression and heart arrhythmia about 6 years ago. I need to research this more, I was looking at gluten as the culprit, I am going to ask my Dr. for bloodwork, but maybe I am looking in the wrong place. Thank you for info.

<<   2  3 >>

join