It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stephen Hawking: Alien contact could be risky

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by dilly1

Originally posted by lizardman
Dilly must be an unimaginative depressed realist who thinks that when he dies its just going to be a black void of nothingness and that his life of trolling will just end in a blink of an eye. Good for you dilly. The rest of us have whats called an open mind. We are not blinded by what you call lifes truths but rather open to the impossible. Go and spend your miserable life beratng any potential human or et possibilities while you type on your blackberry that you have no idea how it was made or could possibly think of.

“Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.”
Einstein.

edit on 14-12-2011 by lizardman because: (no reason given)

Lol!!!! Its amazing how you think you know me by reading what i post. Oh well, your entitled to your ignorance.

I basically call it how it is. You want to spend your tiny life on "imagination" and cracking the code on the impossible, by all means, continue..... I'll be the guy in the corner of your imagination taking a piss on your faith, symbolizing "you're wasting your life a away kid"

Why do you think Hawking and the rest of the stooges are on TV masturbating all your imaginations? Because its a drug and you need to feed and reassure your imaginations. If not you'll realize that its all bulls***. Which the elitists cannot have billions of people realizing all this is just a dam "bulls*** matrix". You are one of the trillion parts of a machine ,nothing more. And imagination is the fuel. Take away the fuel and the machine stops.

Oh , and your meaningless quote from a guy that died very confused and depressed. Wait didn't you just call me that?.. Einstein was nothing more than an old man sinking in quicksand(quicksand being a metaphor for imagination).. What the hell did he discover = confusion. Now thousands of physicist are trying to combined his theories with the micro world. Well they are all wasting there time and going about it all wrong. Science foundation is extremely flawed and no one wants to admit it.

But lizardman , go right ahead and enjoy drowning,like all the others , in your imaginative medicine.

And a bit of advice , at least try to write more than 5 sentences. This isn't school but it isn't PE either.

You must be a real hoot at parties dilly. Do you work in a bank? I think you need a new splash of paint in your life. I read and watch the current events in this world. If you concentrate on the truth of the world with a condesending, critical, judgemental viewpoint watching ahole after ahole destroy this planet and not look for the beautiful things you will end up a lonely, hateful person that cannot see the good in anything. Reach for the stars dilly.

Look at youself in the mirror. What do you see? Do you know everything? Do you think you know everything? If so you have lost respect for others and closed your mind to opportunities, imagination, creation, the beauty of life. Love for another you cannot wrap in a box and label it love. Love is an emotion that has no limits. As does life. If you limit your life to what you think you know you will never truly know love. For your heart will never be open.

There is nothing wrong with a dreamer that lives with an open heart.
but to live in black and white limits you to who you are now and not what you could become.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by lizardman

WOW! L.M.....that was very eloquent! Just goes to show that you can't judge a poster by their name. I agree very much with your post. People have to live for today....and be grateful for all the beauty around us. Sure....we have issues....and there are people out there who need a swift kick in the ass to realize we are screwing up the Natural World....but I have faith in one thing....Necessity is the Mother of Invention.....if only Zapa was still alive...LOL!

I post at night and work in the afternoon or evening. I have come into contact with people who are self-loathers of Humanity to the point that they would rather a person die than a Hunter harvest a deer. So....even though they are trying to do something they deam good....they do not have taken the time to get all the facts....thus they are in a constant state of pissed off!

They spend...and I am talking about someone I know....all their time....trying to save the planet....their words....while loosing out on life. People tend to listen to others that present their case in a rationl state and a calm state. The minute someone who has the ability to effect change on a large scale starts hearing the screaming anf the protest lines start forming....they shut off like a switch...Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Whether you believe in aliens or not, we would need to be careful, as contact could mean ou total destruction.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by steveknows

Disagree completely! Your opinion that the more advanced UFOs we've been spotting - with technology that outpaces us on display 60 years ago - is an OPINION. That's your conclusion from the evidence. Others find that not to be a good enough explanation, but visitors and reverse engineering to be way better. You don't have PROOF the Rendlesham Forest UFO, with hieroglyphics on the side of it - well documented case with quality witnesses, or the massive Phoenix Lights UFO - on and on on - were military craft. It's okay to think that - nothing stupid about that. But you don't have PROOF of that! Right now we're dealing with anomalous phenomenon that is open to interpretation, that the government explores covertly www.nsa.gov...

To elaborate, let's do some science. As the NSA did in above link.
Hypothesis:
1. UFOs are operated by more advanced beings (maybe remotely, maybe by more than one being, etc - who knows).
2. The government is covering up this phenomenon.

So, then you'd look for evidence supporting these points. What would you do? You'd study UFO cases (the well-documented ones with credible witnesses) and try to identify the UFOs. If you couldn't identify the UFOs, and they appeared to be more advanced craft than any known craft, and you also saw evidence of cover up (Roswell, Rendlesham, on and on and on, even the governor of Arizona said the case in Phoenix wasn't properly investigated - we hear this story time and time again, whistle-blowers getting discredited in the media - Bob Lazar, Gary McKinnon)... you could say okay "okay, this hypothesis is worth exploring more and is a reasonable one." Just as our very own Stephen Hawking has concluded, haha.

Pair that with the vast likelihood of there being lots of ET life in our universe, and even in our solar system at certain points in time (this planet alone has been around for over a billion years) - and you've got a decent case on your hands!

It's still up for interpretation - there's still too much we don't know - I agree. But don't accuse UFO researchers/alien believers as being stupid or ignorant of the facts. Agree to disagree, sure. But this isn't the same thing as believing in Santa Claus. And by the way, people's MOTIVES for believing something are IRRELEVANT. We all have motives for believing everything we believe in. Hardcore scientists who never give much credit to their imaginations like feeling in control of their reality and dwelling on what they know versus what they don't know (even though the latter outweighs the former) - you can break any belief apart by looking at it from a psychological angle. I see that happen a lot on these forums. It's irrelevant. : )

edit on 16-12-2011 by ConspiracyTruth because: (no reason given)

Let's not forget that the Earth was round well before people as a whole came to that conclusion. I'm not sure if it's aliens or not... but I wonder what our 21st century flat Earth is?

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracyTruth

Disagree completely! Your opinion that the more advanced UFOs we've been spotting - with technology that outpaces us on display 60 years ago - is an OPINION. That's your conclusion from the evidence. Others find that not to be a good enough explanation, but visitors and reverse engineering to be way better. You don't have PROOF the Rendlesham Forest UFO, with hieroglyphics on the side of it - well documented case with quality witnesses, or the massive Phoenix Lights UFO - on and on on - were military craft. It's okay to think that - nothing stupid about that. But you don't have PROOF of that! Right now we're dealing with anomalous phenomenon that is open to interpretation, that the government explores covertly www.nsa.gov...

Hypothesis:
1. UFOs are operated by more advanced beings (maybe remotely, maybe by more than one being, etc - who knows).

So, then you'd look for evidence supporting these points. What would you do? You'd study UFO cases (the well-documented ones with credible witnesses) and try to identify the UFOs. If you couldn't identify the UFOs, and they appeared to be more advanced craft than any known craft, and you also saw evidence of cover up (Roswell, Rendlesham, on and on and on, even the governor of Arizona said the case in Phoenix wasn't properly investigated - we hear this story time and time again, whistle-blowers getting discredited in the media - Bob Lazar, Gary McKinnon)... you could say okay "okay, this hypothesis is worth exploring more and is a reasonable one." Just as our very own Stephen Hawking has concluded, haha.

Pair that with the vast likelihood of there being lots of ET life in our universe, and even in our solar system at certain points in time (this planet alone has been around for over a billion years) - and you've got a decent case on your hands!

It's still up for interpretation - there's still too much we don't know - I agree. But don't accuse UFO researchers/alien believers as being stupid or ignorant of the facts. Agree to disagree, sure. But this isn't the same thing as believing in Santa Claus. And by the way, people's MOTIVES for believing something are IRRELEVANT. We all have motives for believing everything we believe in. Hardcore scientists who never give much credit to their imaginations like feeling in control of their reality and dwelling on what they know versus what they don't know (even though the latter outweighs the former) - you can break any belief apart by looking at it from a psychological angle. I see that happen a lot on these forums. It's irrelevant. : )

& just to add... how many amazing UFO cases do you think we miss out on every day?
twitter.com...#!/search/%22saw%20a%20ufo%22

twitter.com...#!/search/%22seen%20a%20ufo%22

twitter.com...#!/search/%22see%20a%20ufo%22

twitter.com...#!/search/%22see%20that%20ufo%22 www.ufostalker.com...

Even if 99% of UFO cases could be debunked or explained, the sheer VOLUME of them, versus the media attention given (you'll see DiscoveryNews.com, Space.com, and LifesLittleMysteries going out of their way to debunk selected cases - SAME site owner, at least Discovery and Mysteries - and then syndicate those stories to MSM)... makes me wonder, are we TRULY getting all the facts?

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Dilly must be an unimaginative depressed realist who thinks that when he dies its just going to be a black void of nothingness and that his life of trolling will just end in a blink of an eye. Good for you dilly. The rest of us have whats called an open mind. We are not blinded by what you call lifes truths but rather open to the impossible. Go and spend your miserable life beratng any potential human or et possibilities while you type on your blackberry that you have no idea how it was made or could possibly think of.

“Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.”
Einstein.

edit on 14-12-2011 by lizardman because: (no reason given)

Lol!!!! Its amazing how you think you know me by reading what i post. Oh well, your entitled to your ignorance.

I basically call it how it is. You want to spend your tiny life on "imagination" and cracking the code on the impossible, by all means, continue..... I'll be the guy in the corner of your imagination taking a piss on your faith, symbolizing "you're wasting your life a away kid"

Why do you think Hawking and the rest of the stooges are on TV masturbating all your imaginations? Because its a drug and you need to feed and reassure your imaginations. If not you'll realize that its all bulls***. Which the elitists cannot have billions of people realizing all this is just a dam "bulls*** matrix". You are one of the trillion parts of a machine ,nothing more. And imagination is the fuel. Take away the fuel and the machine stops.

Oh , and your meaningless quote from a guy that died very confused and depressed. Wait didn't you just call me that?.. Einstein was nothing more than an old man sinking in quicksand(quicksand being a metaphor for imagination).. What the hell did he discover = confusion. Now thousands of physicist are trying to combined his theories with the micro world. Well they are all wasting there time and going about it all wrong. Science foundation is extremely flawed and no one wants to admit it.

But lizardman , go right ahead and enjoy drowning,like all the others , in your imaginative medicine.

And a bit of advice , at least try to write more than 5 sentences. This isn't school but it isn't PE either.

You must be a real hoot at parties dilly. Do you work in a bank? I think you need a new splash of paint in your life. I read and watch the current events in this world. If you concentrate on the truth of the world with a condesending, critical, judgemental viewpoint watching ahole after ahole destroy this planet and not look for the beautiful things you will end up a lonely, hateful person that cannot see the good in anything. Reach for the stars dilly.

Look at youself in the mirror. What do you see? Do you know everything? Do you think you know everything? If so you have lost respect for others and closed your mind to opportunities, imagination, creation, the beauty of life. Love for another you cannot wrap in a box and label it love. Love is an emotion that has no limits. As does life. If you limit your life to what you think you know you will never truly know love. For your heart will never be open.

There is nothing wrong with a dreamer that lives with an open heart.
but to live in black and white limits you to who you are now and not what you could become.

By all mean dream and float away. I'll be on the ground holding the rope and from time to time I'll yank the thread to reminding you If I let go you'll float away into infinity .

Ps- steven hawkings is still an idiot. That's the main issue here and we shouldn't buy all of his theories as fact. That's my main point.

Cheers.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
If they have big ships then why would they plunder our resources?
Surely a war with a planet would be expensive compared to mining a planet with little or no life?
Also if they have big ships then they would have access to plenty of planets and resources.
Limbo

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Hypothesis:

& just to add... how many amazing UFO cases do you think we miss out on every day?
twitter.com...#!/search/%22saw%20a%20ufo%22

twitter.com...#!/search/%22seen%20a%20ufo%22

twitter.com...#!/search/%22see%20a%20ufo%22

twitter.com...#!/search/%22see%20that%20ufo%22 www.ufostalker.com...

Even if 99% of UFO cases could be debunked or explained, the sheer VOLUME of them, versus the media attention given (you'll see DiscoveryNews.com, Space.com, and LifesLittleMysteries going out of their way to debunk selected cases - SAME site owner, at least Discovery and Mysteries - and then syndicate those stories to MSM)... makes me wonder, are we TRULY getting all the facts?

Science. Ok. So you're saying that what I have to say is opinion but what you have to say is fact? Alright I'll try it from this angle.

You saying that aliens are coming to earth is, by the measure of the everyday person being that most people have never seen and do not claim to have proof of alien visitation and because there is no scientific discipline which is based on tangible evidence by which any person can become studies and learned in a science of aliens visiting earth , outlandish. Therefore you need tangible evidence to back up your claim.

Because my opinion by the very nature of its structure challenges your claim and you have no tangible evidence then your claim is just your opinion and because it's an outlandish claim and you have no tangible evidence to back up your claim my opinion carries more weight than your opinion.

Just an aliens version of a paperclip would do.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Limbo
If they have big ships then why would they plunder our resources?...

That may be exactly what Moctezuma (Montezuma) said to his advisers who perhaps warned him to be wary of Herman Cortez and the rest of the Spaniards.

Besides, it may not be specific resources that aliens may want. They may want the entire Earth. Perhaps the Earth closely matches their home world in atmospheric gasses, atmospheric pressure, temperature, and gravity, and they want the entire earth to colonize so their species can propagate across the galaxy.

edit on 12/16/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

History Channel? Really?? You do know who owns HC, right? General Electric. they make close to billions in revenue using this fabricated channel. Yep,, if there IRR is that good then I guess they will produce the best alien/ufo propaganda available to the public. Don't you think.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Nikola014

True man...Here in earth we got the big guns too!!

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by dilly1

Thought Disney owned History channel..

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

WTF are you going on about? I don't claim to say it's a fact that aliens have visited. It is a fact that it's not inconceivable that ET life exists in our universe, and maybe even in our solar system, it is a fact that the government routinely hides things from the public (and is quite successful at doing so), and it is a fact that the UFO "phenomenon" is real. Whether you put all those pieces together the same way others do isn't the point. I'm not talking about random hoax UFO cases, or misidentified crafts/natural phenomenon, or incredible witnesses. Notice how I'm not bringing up alien abduction stories or crop circles. I'm bringing up cases where more advanced crafts than what we know exist by human standards are WELL documented by people far smarter than us when it comes to identifying flying crafts - on video, radar, photo, you name it. That's fine if you don't entertain the possibility of some other more advanced beings being responsible for this, totally fine by me - but to say those who do are off their rocker, and not basing their opinions on facts and evidence is simply WRONG. I don't have a single assumption of what ET life would be like or why they would be observing us in UFOs (I honestly imagine it's almost always remotely) - you're the one making assumptions about what it would be like. I'm just saying there are clearly all types of more advanced crafts, with eerily the same characteristics, flying around in our skies and they have been doing this for decades. More advanced military craft is not a logical explanation in my opinion - UNLESS the government was purposely feeding us this myth. But then again, you've got another conspiracy theory on your hands. No matter how you look at it. None of us have enough information to know what's going on!

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

History Channel? Really?? You do know who owns HC, right? General Electric. they make close to billions in revenue using this fabricated channel. Yep,, if there IRR is that good then I guess they will produce the best alien/ufo propaganda available to the public. Don't you think.

Who cares who owns the History Channel? Someone owns this web site, ATS. Everything is owned, everything is made to make money. The people that the "Decoded" crew interview in person are what made that episode so interesting. And none of it's new, though, none of it's being invented by the History Channel - all these people have spoken out before, it's just a well-packaged TV show that is more engaging than boring online research.

I'm so tired of the "but they're profiting from this" as being any sort of indicator of anything. I love UFOs - I like the "unknown" aspect of them - and if I were to pursue the topic full-time, I'd definitely have to make a living out of it. Maybe some network who only cares about money would even sponsor my reality TV show about it.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by dilly1

dilly1---- Whats your opinion on Hawkings theorys on Black Holes in our Universe? Also.... do you believe that a gigantic Black Hole exists in the center of our own galaxy?

Thanks,

Erno86

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
And what I really don't get... is why do people who think those who are interested in the "alien" hypothesis are dead wrong, post on threads like these??? I recently started posting again after a hiatus and I see the same "debunkers"/cynics posting from a while back... it's like I don't believe in Christianity, but I don't feel it's my duty to go on Christian forums and debunk their beliefs. Like what is the point, haha?

It seems like more of a self-serving exercise (like maybe people just want to feel clever or something??) than anything.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erno86
reply to post by dilly1

dilly1---- Whats your opinion on Hawkings theorys on Black Holes in our Universe? Also.... do you believe that a gigantic Black Hole exists in the center of our own galaxy?

Thanks,

Erno86

Nothing, its a theory. And one day it would be proven fact or fic. Theories are like girlfriends, you can't take them seriously.

So you mean SgrA*?

Everything we know about the center of MW is also a theory. If it is a BH , its dormant as hell. But we would need actual visual evidence to confirm that. But the question should be 'how long does an Event Horizon reach an observer? Again, I believe an ultra-dense centered BH to be impossible. I could be wrong. There is no such empirical evidence for the existence of BH that can provide that level of proof. There has been tons of exotic objects that would be more compact than neutron stars, but those are not BH. Which are black stars,gravestars,quark stars,boson stars....bla bla etc..

In conclusion theoretical BH's construct has nothing to do with the physical properties of the universe. When you find one ,I'll come over and we will both have better understanding of its characteristics. We'll call it a "black date"....lol

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

And what I really don't get... is why do people who think those who are interested in the "alien" hypothesis are dead wrong, post on threads like these??? I recently started posting again after a hiatus and I see the same "debunkers"/cynics posting from a while back... it's like I don't believe in Christianity, but I don't feel it's my duty to go on Christian forums and debunk their beliefs. Like what is the point, haha?

It seems like more of a self-serving exercise (like maybe people just want to feel clever or something??) than anything.

You should join me , I too love bashing Christians and Muslims.

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join