It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Missing Jesus

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Ewok_Boba

Pee on parades much? Jesus is coming, and we (yeah, me too) will have to answer for every idle word we have said. Salvation is a done deal, but why do you have to be that way??

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ICEKOHLD
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

if you're a real christian...christ is inside of you. how do you miss something inside of you?

i mean...you weren't around when he was...so you can't really miss him, can you? it's not like you hung out with the guy...you weren't his best man or anything. you met him in your heart. where did he go?

so bam...jesus came back. still miss him?
edit on 12/9/11 by ICEKOHLD because: (no reason given)

I have always known he was with me, i feel his presence alot, the day i hope for is the day he promised when he returned the way he left for his millenial reign.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperiorEd

Good thoughts. It's interesting that so many people are feeling His approach. It's hard to understand, but salvation from this present order can actually be felt. As bad as it is now (or will become), our redemption draws near. It's almost like a magnet drawing us toward the other polarity.

I know, i can feel him, like charged ions in the air, or a vibration. I feel him at church during worship service to the point where i hit my knees, or get choked up during worship service where his presence is so powerful that i can't even say the words in the songs. My spirit reacts so strongly to him that many times i want to fall on my face and not get up.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by WarminIndy

And so you keep talking in circles. Not really going anywhere. and FYI the OLD TESTAMENT BIBLE is different than the NEW TESTAMENT BIBLE. So which of those bibles told you about god. The one that contains the original books of god given to him through prophets. OR the New Testament which take pieces from each of the OLD TESTAMENT books and combines them into a royally painful piece of literary mastercraft.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
I really do miss Jesus. I have never seen him but how i wish i could! I wish he'd return today! Some might think it strange for a man to love someone he's never even seen before and love him more than his own wife. I would give my life if he would return. When i think about Jesus i have this overwhelming feeling of reverence, love and adoration. My heart aches for the return of my King!

Not strange at all. But I think you should keep your eyes on the prize and on what God wants you to do with your life. Being the best you can be and keeping focused on Gods direction for your life, is the best any man can do.

I think most people wouldn’t even know his name and even the ones that did, wouldn’t even recognize Jesus, if they saw him today. Sadly, I think most people, would just walk on by, like the lyrics in the song above song.

I also don’t think most people would be in the right place to see Jesus, because I kind of imagine him being out there on the streets comforting the homeless ,and walking in unusual places, helping the sick and destitute, and not in rich palaces or prestigious church buildings.

Peace be with you Lonewolf

- JC

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Joecroft

I really do miss Jesus. I have never seen him but how i wish i could! I wish he'd return today! Some might think it strange for a man to love someone he's never even seen before and love him more than his own wife. I would give my life if he would return. When i think about Jesus i have this overwhelming feeling of reverence, love and adoration. My heart aches for the return of my King!

Not strange at all. But I think you should keep your eyes on the prize and on what God wants you to do with your life. Being the best you can be and keeping focused on Gods direction for your life, is the best any man can do.

I think most people wouldn’t even know his name and even the ones that did, wouldn’t even recognize Jesus, if they saw him today. Sadly, I think most people, would just walk on by, like the lyrics in the song above song.

I also don’t think most people would be in the right place to see Jesus, because I kind of imagine him being out there on the streets comforting the homeless ,and walking in unusual places, helping the sick and destitute, and not in rich palaces or prestigious church buildings.

Peace be with you Lonewolf

- JC

Well, that may be possible but he already accomplished his ministry. The next time he returns it will be as a conqueror, not a savior. His second coming is the first judgement of man. His second coming will be a declaration of war on his enemies.

My church doesn't have a prestigious gaudy looking cathedral we bought an old run down skating rink and bowling alley and turned it into a church and no we don't have a steeple. The first church held worship service and sermons in catacombs and tombs in secret, very modest. We open the bowling alley and skating rink on the first saturday of every month for the public to come have fun for free and those of us who can spare the time volunteer to run the bowling lanes and the rink. Sometimes we have multi church functions with other denominations and preach the word at devotionals after at home ball games we call it 5th quarter. We have gone back to the very modest style of the first church, all are welcome wether youre wearing sweat pants, or overalls. Jesus never cared about material appearances and we observe his ways.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperiorEd

Originally posted by Ewok_Boba

Ever think that maybe...just maybe there is something that Christians over the last several centuries have been completely oblivious to? How many years will it take until you people realize you believe in an utter lie? Dogmatic thought ftw lmmfaoooo

The best way for me to describe the reality behind the veil is to show you what reality looks like on our side of the veil. We can verify the other side with assurance by simply examining the reasoning behind the message. Your comments suggest that this is a contrived story based on the reasoning of men. The simple answer to this is to examine God's own words. Take a ride on the Isaiah train from chapters 45-the end. Go to Bible gateway and listen to the audio without stopping. When the dialogue hits chapter 53, notice that Jesus is there. Not only is Jesus there, but the person speaking is often hard to distinguish. God sends us up and down on a wave of emotions, ranging from anger toward Him to love for what He wants for mankind. It is clear that this is no mere mortal reasoning some contrived story. God is in complete control and knows exactly where mankind is going. It's all in our best interests.

Once you begin to examine the story on the level of your own walk in life, you come to a realization about the message. It is entirely personal to all who read. It reflects back in a way that allows us to see ourselves by the light of utter righteousness and truth. It's difficult to take if the moral life of the individual is not in harmony with God's attitudes. The central verification in all of this is to realize that God's reasoning is unlike any man.

The evidence for the story comes from the words. No man could do this. It is alien to mankind, yet so true to what we desire deep down for humanity. The harsh parts reveal God's judgment against sin. The pleasant parts reveal where we are headed, as well as where we have been in each generation. Jesus said, "You must be born again." We are all looping through the story. God is long-suffering.

edit on 9-12-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

Sigh, I didn't want to go down this road with you, brother. But SINCE YOU HAD TO GO THERE:

1.) Your "veil" is a veil of illusion. Where shall I start? "Isaiah's text" isn't the word of God. It is the word of man. Man. The Bible isn't the book of God. That is a misnomer at best. It is a collection of plagiarisms not originating during the time of Jesus in addition to edits and deletions of Jesus' teachings to the world. Point period. If you don't know that, you are in denial and need to read the gnostic texts from that time period and the following few centuries to understand. If you haven't don't sit here and argue with me like a pastor trying to maintain his reputation. The Biblical idea of "where man is going" was determined by those who put the bible and religion together in the first place- pagans. People who understood astrology better than any follower of Jesus at that time. They obsessed over the stars, and had been for over a thousand years beforehand.

2.) It isn't God that is in complete control. It is those who created the religion in the first place to keep the sheep in control. Why do you think no date had ever been assigned to the "end times"? Just descriptions of what would happen? That's because it's a form of control. No specific date = fear among the masses for eternity.

3) I don't know why it's so hard to imagine such a text NOT being from God. Quite frankly, anything that shows plagiarisms should be suspected, but hey 2 billion sheep on the planet don't seem to understand their histoire. Is it because 2 Billion people are correct? To quote Gandhi- Even if you are in a minority of one, the truth is still the truth. Or as his proverb goes- The multitude is ALWAYS wrong.
edit on 10-12-2011 by Ewok_Boba because: I felt like it

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lazarus Short

Pee on parades much? Jesus is coming, and we (yeah, me too) will have to answer for every idle word we have said. Salvation is a done deal, but why do you have to be that way??

Lmao believe what you will. Keep in mind how many times the "end times" were predicted by western clowns just in the last century. Billions have died believing this will happen in their lifetime. I'd say I am simply stating the truth in a parade- no a festival of utter ignorance. Salvation is a word of control. Stay sheep. Baah.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Lmao believe what you will. Keep in mind how many times the "end times" were predicted by western clowns just in the last century. Billions have died believing this will happen in their lifetime. I'd say I am simply stating the truth in a parade- no a festival of utter ignorance. Salvation is a word of control. Stay sheep. Baah.

Better a sheep than a goat. Goats end up in the fire. Salvation is a word of redemption, a word you clearly have no need of as you seem to believe you are perfect. Hold on to the belief you are perfect and that we are ignorant, keep believing youre the master of your own fate. Our vindication come soon enough. It doesn't matter when we believe the end will come, we all die and end up wormfood. The difference is, you will stay dead and your wicked ways will be your judgement.

This is not a thread about the existence of God or Christ, there are better threads for that. Stick to the OP or find another thread to troll.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

It's not about the existence of anything. You seem to be exposed to people who attack your ideas a lot I take it. I'm saying salvation is word of control. It has nothing to do with it's meaning. You are arguing something you don't even understand. I'm through talking to you.

P.S The only place I'm "wicked" is under the sheets with the ladies, brother. Please cool off with that word >

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Better a sheep than a goat. Goats end up in the fire. Salvation is a word of redemption, a word you clearly have no need of as you seem to believe you are perfect. Hold on to the belief you are perfect and that we are ignorant, keep believing youre the master of your own fate. Our vindication come soon enough. It doesn't matter when we believe the end will come, we all die and end up wormfood. The difference is, you will stay dead and your wicked ways will be your judgement.

This is not a thread about the existence of God or Christ, there are better threads for that. Stick to the OP or find another thread to troll.

Salvation cannot be founded on lies. Trumped

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I repent. My wrong doings lead me to wrong, nobody elses. Please.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedP1LL

Prove their lies. You can't and we can argue about this for the rest of our days. I have faith in Christ, you have nothing.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedP1LL

Prove their lies. You can't and we can argue about this for the rest of our days. I have faith in Christ, you have nothing.

Every lie is created and critiqued, off of at least a small account of truth.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join