It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

G'Day from the Queen's uranium mine (and coal seam gas!)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Hi there, joined this site on account of Illuminati count down thread. interested in all topics but mostly new world order and secret societies.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by GardenerOfEden
Hi there, joined this site on account of Illuminati count down thread. interested in all topics but mostly new world order and secret societies.

So what's the heading all about?

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by GardenerOfEden

I pity the fool that still follows that website.

Have a look at The Wayback Machine, type in illuminati.org and go to 2009.
edit on 9-12-2011 by Dionisius because: because i can

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by steveknows

Alluding to the primary income (or significant part at least) of where I live.... trying to be semi cryptic or something...

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Alluding to the primary income (or significant part at least) of where I live.... trying to be semi cryptic or something...

What's the Queen got to do with it? She doesn't own anything in Australia's earth.
edit on 10-12-2011 by steveknows because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Tell that to her!

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Tell that to her!

I'm not understanding what you're trying to say. Australia does not pay tax or any levy of any kind to the Queen. Australia in an indipendant sovereign nation within the commonwealth. England doesn't see a cent of our money. In fact the average Aussie has more wealth than the average Brit. Australias money is Australias money. We are a member of the commonwealth but there's no dues involved. Our natural resources don't belong to the Queen They belong to Australia. She or England does not receive a single cent of revenue from us.
edit on 12-12-2011 by steveknows because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   

hmmm, don't know what Gough Whitlam would say to that. Also, all property in Australia belongs to the Queen. Australia is in no way independent from the monarchy.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   
I don't think it's a big deal, fact is she is our Queen whether we like it or not.
The title made sense to me even if there is nothing implied by it, it still is represantative.
edit on 12-12-2011 by pazcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
The only significant property the Queen owns in her own right is Balmoral and Sandringham. I doubt she owns anything in Australia!

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   

hmmm, don't know what Gough Whitlam would say to that. Also, all property in Australia belongs to the Queen. Australia is in no way independent from the monarchy.

www.statusquo.org...

www.monarchist.org.au...

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
well agree to disagree? because I can say with equal ease that you are wrong.
(Wikipedia quote)

The Governor-General of the Commonwealth of Australia is the representative in Australia at federal/national level of the Australian monarch (currently Queen Elizabeth II). He or she exercises the supreme executive power of the Commonwealth. The functions and roles of the Governor-General include appointing ambassadors, ministers and judges, giving Royal Assent to legislation, issuing writs for elections and bestowing honours. The Governor-General is President of the Federal Executive Council and Commander-in-Chief of the Australian Defence Force.[1] All these things are done and all these posts are held under the authority of the Australian Constitution. Further, the Governor-General acts as vice-regal representative to the Australian Capital Territory.

The Constitution provides that a "Governor-General appointed by the Queen shall be Her Majesty's representative in the Commonwealth . . ." The Constitution grants the Governor-General a wide range of powers, but in practice he or she follows the conventions of the Westminster system and (with rare exceptions) acts only on the advice of the Prime Minister of Australia or other ministers. Even in the appointment of the prime minister, the Governor-General rarely exercises any discretion, usually appointing the leader of the largest party or coalition of parties in the House of Representatives.

(And then the section on reserve powers of the Governor General)
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
How can you disagree
I'm not giving you my opinion. This is fact. The facts are there for you to read in the links I gave you.

You could actually say that regardless of the facts, you choose to imagine it's how you say it is. I'd accept that

You say.

"The Constitution provides that a "Governor-General appointed by the Queen shall be Her Majesty's representative in the Commonwealth"

The fact is that the Governor-General has to be by law Australian these days and the Governor-General is appointed by the queen only after the Australian government tells the queen who the Australian government has chosen to be the Governor-General. The Queens doesn't even have a say in that either.

You really should go and research this before you go telling anyone who you actually know what your opinion is on it because I've got to tell you mate, and I'm not being a smarty at you, but you're showing less knowledge of how this works that a primary school student would.

Id say that even those who aren't royalists in Australia, which I think is most, have a bit of a soft spot for Betty, love her heart, but I really believe that when she's gone we won't have a symbolic head of state again.
edit on 13-12-2011 by steveknows because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Welcome new member!

To Steve..............ease off man, do you really have to be so snarky in so many of your posts?

Can we try not to attack new members on their first post?

I know you are new around here, but you might want to get that in check man......

Its ok to disagree and provide your in put, but id be careful in the way you do so.......

In hindsight, his title and the issue you guys are bantering about, really isnt that big of a deal...

There are deeper subjects on ATS to get in a huff over

OP Welcome to ATS, hope your stay is informative lol , it can get a little rough around here at times
edit on 13-12-2011 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
I can see both sides of this argument...

On the one side, The Queen "Gawd bless er'" has no authority or any power under the Australian constitution.

On the other side the OP has clearly stated his interest in the Illuminati and the NWO, who is.. if you believe in that kinda thing, run by the Queen "Gawd bless er'" and her flunkies. So she actually does own everything.

Hope this clears things up a lil bit

oh and welcome to the MAD HOUSE Gardener'

Peace

Rock Ape

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

Welcome new member!

To Steve..............ease off man, do you really have to be so snarky in so many of your posts?

Can we try not to attack new members on their first post?

I know you are new around here, but you might want to get that in check man......

Its ok to disagree and provide your in put, but id be careful in the way you do so.......

In hindsight, his title and the issue you guys are bantering about, really isnt that big of a deal...

There are deeper subjects on ATS to get in a huff over

OP Welcome to ATS, hope your stay is informative lol , it can get a little rough around here at times

I'm not being narky( yes the word in narky and not snarky) and I'm not in a huff unless you're one of these people who believes that if someone corrects you then they must be angry, And how about you back off and stop fooling yourself into thinking you're some kind of self imposed MOD. And stop condoning ignorance. This is supposed to be about denying ignorance and you are coming across as a condonor of ignorance.

You're from the U.S. What do you actually know? About anything outside of the U.S? It's not like knowledge of the outside world is an American strong point.

And as I said. I'm not disagreeing, This is not my opinion. This is fact. Read the links you condonor of ignorance. Do you realise that you've just butted in and said to not correct a person who is incorrect on a site that says 'deny ignorance"?
This thread was not an angry thread. But you've just turned it into a joke.
edit on 13-12-2011 by steveknows because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Well I think we will still have to disagree to disagree steveknows. I am certainly one to get carried away in a debate - way more than what it is worth for sure. I would like to say that the 'laws' regarding the appointment of a governor-general still leave the queen in charge. If the Queen said 'No, I forbid the appointment of this person as Governor-General", the government would be breaking the law to not obey her. fact is, the Queen has the final word, and she can say no.
If you still want to disagree with that fine, but at least be nice about it - I am only new

And thanks all for the welcome!

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   

You're from the U.S. What do you actually know? About anything outside of the U.S? It's not like knowledge of the outside world is an American strong point.

First of all its Snarky

2nd your attitude is proof of this, and then placing the blame on ME like its my fault.........

Sorry bub, youre out of line and being a jerk to the new guy.........full stop...

3rd, I didnt claim to know ANYTHING about Australia, and wasnt getting involved in your little debate........however, your assumption that I know nothing lends credence to the fact that you think a bit too highly of yourself.......

Ive spent quite a lot of time in Australia actually..........and about 6 other countries at that.......

Think before you assume anything about where people have been, and what they know

Assuming one knows nothing outside their own country is ignorance
edit on 14-12-2011 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I am quite happy to not have any more to debate on the issue.
I don't want to upset anyone with my first thread.
Though, I still stand by what I previously said.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

First of all its Snarky

2nd your attitude is proof of this, and then placing the blame on ME like its my fault.........

Sorry bub, youre out of line and being a jerk to the new guy.........full stop...

3rd, I didnt claim to know ANYTHING about Australia, and wasnt getting involved in your little debate........however, your assumption that I know nothing lends credence to the fact that you think a bit too highly of yourself.......

Ive spent quite a lot of time in Australia actually..........and about 6 other countries at that.......

Think before you assume anything about where people have been, and what they know

Assuming one knows nothing outside their own country is ignorance
edit on 14-12-2011 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

If you call that being a jerk you know NOTHING about Autralians.

There was no wrong doing until you jumped in and accused me of it over something of which you abviously know nothing about. You targeted me fella not I you.

And statistically you don't know a great deal about the outside world it's even written in books on psychology and body language not to mention the experience people have and some of the ill inofrmed statements post on ATS in regards to other countries.

And CLAIMING to have spent time here means nothing.

You got involved the moment you imposed yourself as some kind of MOD and stuck your nose into something you know nothing about. And obvioulsy not understanding the difference between opinion and LAW. Thank you for the validation.

And stop being a narcissist and attempting to get this thread direct at you which is what you've attempted the moment you jumped in as a self imposed mod.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join