It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 Graphs That Will Make Your Mouth Drop!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
The graph below is the amount of money in circulation. Notice how the money supply is Inverting

Notice the point when the Weimar Republic started Hyperinflating, we are not to far way from that point

This picture below is the average duration the public is unemployed

This Graph represents the overall percentage of people working in the US

And last but not least, this graph shows the unemployment percentage. Red being the “official” number provided by the government. The Gray is the overall unemployment, those underemployed and such, and the blue is a 3rd party calculation of unemployment.

Pictures say a thousand words!

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I am sorry to tell you this but I was bored and made those pictures in paint.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
What the graphs don't say is that there is no end in sight for the rise of money in circulation and the rising amount of underemployed. The graph wasn't there, but there's no end in sight for the growing wealthy gap between the rich and everyone else.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I'd be interested to see similar charts for comparison in showing Germany before Hitler when their economy imploded. Argentina when they were trying spending their way out of trouble...and Zimbabwe when they thought the printing press would save them. Perhaps by looking at 3 other fairly recent (modern times anyway) examples of nations that did continue right on going where these graphs stop, we can get a better idea of what the future holds for us. Those charts can't lead to good places off the right edge though.

edit on 2-12-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: minor correction.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Well here is Germany and Zimbabwe's charts for ya and they do not look good.
German Hyperinflation
Zimbabwe

Also here is a good video from Chris Martenson to also explain what we are going through right now.

edit on 2-12-2011 by relyt because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-12-2011 by relyt because: misspell of video author

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Where is your source please.

I am not doubting anything there, it seem to be factual, i was just hoping to see the source.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Can you resize the graphs as to show the last decade?

All of them seem cut off around 2000.

Just a suggestion...then I'll comment.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by KingAtlas

The source is right on the graph: Fred Graph.

S&F&
for the thread.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Its not looking too good is it.. Better get those vegtable planted in the garden in spring time.....

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by KingAtlas
Where is your source please.

I am not doubting anything there, it seem to be factual, i was just hoping to see the source.

all sources are noted on the charts

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by havok
Can you resize the graphs as to show the last decade?

All of them seem cut off around 2000.

Just a suggestion...then I'll comment.

Us the scroll bar below

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
This one really scares me

Pretty spooky

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
The graph below is the amount of money in circulation. Notice how the money supply is Inverting

Notice the point when the Weimar Republic started Hyperinflating, we are not to far way from that point

The fact that these charts appear similar is irrelevant.

The first is money in circulation vs time.

The second is value vs time.

They don't relate.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by peck420

Their one in the same. More money on the market, less the value will become. the fact that the Quantity is growing expediential should scare everyone. High quantity, lower value
edit on 2-12-2011 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by relyt

Well here is Germany and Zimbabwe's charts for ya and they do not look good.
German Hyperinflation
Zimbabwe

Thanks. I'm not sure I should have asked now that I had a chance to look and think about what the Weimar Republic and Zimbabwe charts show. It looks like it starts well before it's readily apparent to everyone that isn't even happening. If I am reading the charts and comments correctly, by the time the public in both situations fully understood what was starting to occur, it as so far advanced and into a self-feeding cycle that stopping it was simply impossible.

In particular, I grabbed these two images as real attention getters:

This man seems to redefine the term 'heavy lifting' when it comes to paying the dinner tab. Lets just hope those bundles aren't made up of these:

I recall reading USA Today stories about Zimbabwe while it was in progress and softly chuckling at the truck stop restaurant table I was at while doing so. It never even crossed my mind as a possibility that I might someday watch the same thing transpire in the nation I live in.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

heres an artical of zimbabwe bashing bernanke on inflation!

finance.yahoo.com...;_ylt=Akpe2C1.f10CiM6DN256RoiiuYdG;_ylu=X3o'___'Q0MDNwMDNiBG1pdANGaW5hb mNlIEZQIFRvcCBTdG9yeSBSaWdodARwa2cDZThmOTllYzgtMjBlZS0zNzFlLWJjZjEtYjU0ZGRhODBlYzJkBHBvcwMyBHNlYwN0b3Bfc3RvcnkEdmVyA2ZhNTkyNTgwLTFkMjQtMTFlMS1iZmRmLTF kOTBhZjA0MmQ0Yg--;_ylg=X3o'___'FvdnRqYzJoBGludGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi11cwRwc3RhaWQDBHBzdGNhdANob21lBHB0A3NlY3Rpb25zBHRlc3QD;_ylv=3

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

They are not one in the same.

You can not use a graph analysing quantity as a direct comparison to a graph analysing inflation (gold benchmark vs mark).

Although the two are definitely related, they are not directly comparable.

For an accurate comparison you would need to evaluate USD vs gold for the same fixed period (6 years)...which is here:

Not even close to what Germany experienced.

Edit to embed...yay!
edit on 2-12-2011 by peck420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Imagine the collapse of the Euro-zone, except the central economies probably France and Germany what would happen to the rest especially to the PIIGS,

Grace is almost a goner, Spain has gained a breath because of Italy, Ireland has faced the problem heads on and pro-actively but unlike most of the others its production was already strong, Portugal has made some gymnast but still does not have a sustainable economy. Italy would just sink because of its level of debt.

The ejection from the Euro of any of this countries would generate an hyperinflation immediately, and the USA and UK would finally get the attention focus they deserve.

What options are left for the common citizen?

Debts would not be a problem since a change in the value of money would affect both sides of the equation.
But services and especially good would suffer a heavy increase in cost.
Money would not be easily accessible as governments would restrict its movement, and state functions would came under huge stress no pensions payment (or delayed) etc...

Before the crisis hits it would best to spend the fiat money in goods (gold and silver, are already out of the picture, price is highly inflated already), in some nations homes could be a safe haven (not in Spain or UK). What would or will you do in such a situation?

What would be the best way out for any nation isolated in that situation?

War? (Can a nation that suffers an hyper inflation of 30/40% suffer silently, we certainly see the increase in tension toward Germany and France)
Adopt another currency or index to it ? Best solution would be selecting one from the BRIC, since the dollar is in even worst situation.
If there are any planning being made about this situation, the public has no clue, this will collapse any state and social institutions.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by peck420

reply to post by camaro68ss

They are not one in the same.

You can not use a graph analysing quantity as a direct comparison to a graph analysing inflation (gold benchmark vs mark).

Although the two are definitely related, they are not directly comparable.

For an accurate comparison you would need to evaluate USD vs gold for the same fixed period (6 years)...which is here:

Not even close to what Germany experienced.

Edit to embed...yay!
edit on 2-12-2011 by peck420 because: (no reason given)

yes, Technically the graphs are different but there nearly one in the same. The quantity of dollars on the market “WILL”, later, have an adverse affect on inflation.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss

yes, Technically the graphs are different but there nearly one in the same. The quantity of dollars on the market “WILL”, later, have an adverse affect on inflation.

Not necessarily.

If the US dollar drops, it could reinvigorate the manufacturing sector, which could negate the increase in dollars.

There are many possible outcomes for the US in the future, I would say that it is really 50/50 from here.

That may seem bad to most Americans, but it is the norm for the majority of the world.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join