It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus is NOT a copy from Pagan religions! Those are lies! Do research and do not believe!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I thought Jesus was a myth also.
Just like all religions .
Christianity is based on the life and teachings of a man.
A Jewish man.
I'm sorry for imposing my views,and I know I will catch alot of flack for it,
but,putting aside all your views and beliefs about Christianity,don't you even see the hypocrisy in it all?
That is all .

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

Jesus wasn't really born on December 25th. The Church decided to celebrate the birth of Jesus on Dec 25th in the 4th century. I don't feel like explaining it all because I have better things to do, so here is a link to the info.

When was Jesus really born?

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Was Mithra born of a rock or born of a “Virgin” Birth?
 That seems to be the question holding up most Christians on this site.
As concerns the debate regarding the Perso-Roman god Mithra’s “virgin birth,” not a few scholars and writers of Persian/Iranian extract have discussed the Persian goddess of love Anahita as Mithra’s virgin mother. Presumably, these individuals know more about their ancient traditions than do modern Christian apologists, who emphasize Mithra’s “rock birth”, which was a metaphoric description, and deny the virgin-mother motif.
For example, Dr. Badi Badiozamani says that a “person” named “Mehr” or Mithra was “born of a virgin named Nahid Anahita (“immaculate”) and that “the worship of Mithra and Anahita, the virgin mother of Mithra, was well-known in the Achaemenian period [558-330 BCE]
Mithra and the Twelve —“In Mithraism, as in popular Mazdaism, Anahid, the mother of Mithra, is a virgin.”
Mithra surrounded by the 12 “companions” is a motif found on many Mithraic remains and representing the 12 signs of the zodiac, which are sometimes depicted as humans. The comparison of this common motif with Jesus and the 12 has been made on many occasions, including in an extensive study entitled, “Mithras and Christ: some iconographical similarities,” by Professor A. Deman in Mithraic Studies. Many of these Mithraic parallels were remarked upon by the Church fathers, who were flummoxed by them and who blamed them on the prescient devil.

But that’s not all Christianity has in common with Mithra. Let’s make a list:

-Mithra is the beginning of Sunday (Sun-day) worship.
-Mithra is the reason for the Solstice Dec. 25th celebration.
-Three “wise men” were present at his birth, bearing gifts.
-Mithra was often depicted carrying a lamb on his shoulders.
-Mithra had an entourage of “twelve companions”, and
they shared a last meal together.
-Mithra was considered the “savior of man”.
-Mithra died via crucifixion, and was laid to rest in a stone tomb.
-Mithra was resurrected after 3 days, during the spring equinox.
-Mithra-Vohu Mana-Rashnu (aka: the trinity)

All of these are rather interesting comparisons. Amazing actually…. Until you consider the source.

Paul was supposedly born and raised in the city of Tarsus, a region in SE Asia-Minor (now called Turkey) where Mithras was well known. Biblical scholars are now saying that Paul, the alleged author of 13 out of the 27 (maybe more) books of the New Testament, may have been influenced in his writings by this strong religion of Mithraism. We can see a profound kinship between Mithraism and Christianity.

What else did Christianity borrow?
-The Cross (almost every pre-Christian religion)
-Communion (pre-Christian Roman/Greeks)
-Christmas traditions (Siberian Shamans)
-Easter (Ēostre or Ôstarâ, which explains dyed eggs and bunnies
something Christians haven't been able to do)

I'm sure many more things can be attributed to this list by other theologians here on ATS, but in the end it doesn't matter. If you believe in Christianity, if it fills some hole you have in your life, if it's the reason you were able to become sober, or it's become the promise that there is something more once the life has left your body, then by all means do what you will. I don't know any non-Christians that will hate you for finding solace in your religion. We only ask that you not try to demonize those who know the history of religions, and wish that you accept and respect that a world existed before the 4th BC (+/-), and that the previous world's history may have had something to contribute to your own faith.

edit on 2-12-2011 by FugitiveSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I'm of a mind that none of you can prove any of your claims, either for or against the OP. Unless that is, you somehow create time travel and go and see for yourselves what really happened...

So uh... why don't you get on that then... I'm kinda curious.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by GmoS719

Historians calculated the approximate date by the time of the census. There was no room at the inn, because of the travelers during the census.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sci-Fi_entist
I'm of a mind that none of you can prove any of your claims, either for or against the OP. Unless that is, you somehow create time travel and go and see for yourselves what really happened...

So uh... why don't you get on that then... I'm kinda curious.

Here we go with the proving the negative thing again.

I'll tell you what. I'll write a book saying that you can walk on water. You can then go to the beach and walk toward the water. Then walk into the water. Take some pics if you manage to walk on it please.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
its called controlled oposition
you create the oppisite to your position so that you control it...
the jews wanted a messiah to take over the world

of course i don't know what i am talking about

Oh wait... bill 1876 sponsered by LIEberman the senator from Tel aviv and McCAIN the song bird
yes I do know what I am talking about
edit on 2-12-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by dalan.

You atheists never cease to amaze me. When someone posts a thread about christianity you are drawn right into it. Nice witnessing to you! Enjoy!

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by FugitiveSoul

Clearly as time and traditions mixed, the sun god, and the story of Christs birth were inner twined. Even moses rebuked the Israelites for worshiping various gods that were brought in by travelers from other cultures. because you read wikipedia does not make you a religious expert. The pope was the guy at fault for the dec 25th tradition, trying to root out an unstoppable pagan ritual, and labeling it the celebration of the birth of Christ.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by FugitiveSoul

Thank you for that post and all the references.
I will be reading for awhile.
You have opened a new door to what I had always known was the truth.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
we had a virgin birth right here in my home town..DEGANAWIDAH..
The jesuites came all the way here to have the first mass in upper CANADA...
and they parked a great big christain momument right on top of where DEGANAWIDAHS hut. was

spiritualu.eu...:deganawida-and-the-3-serpents&catid=101:native-american-spirituality&Itemid=83
but it was too late he had already formed the SIX nations confederacy and inspired the ( according to GWB) the American constitution...which the seventy five percent christian USA just sold itself out to the NAZI devil bill 1876

thats how christianity rolls....

edit on 2-12-2011 by Danbones because: link doesn't show as link but copy and paste into browser works

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by TylerDurden2U

My education in religious matters predates "wiki-knowledge", but I do agree with your point about Moses, but I've had that discussion with Christians as well, and most will strongly swear that Jesus came to create Christianity, not to uphold or make right Judaism, which we both know is wrong. Personally, I believe people, if they are followers of the Abrahamic religions, should follow God and not the mortals who swear they speak for him. Live your life morally, don't judge others for the lifestyles that don't affect you, be humble, teach your children to hold these values, and by all means, keep church in the closet where it belongs.

To quote your bible, specifically Matthew 6:5-6:

"And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men....when­ thou prayest, enter into thy closet and when thou has shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret....­"

edit on 2-12-2011 by FugitiveSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by britelite1971

Hey,watch who you call an atheist.
Agnostic is what I prefer.
Do ya know what that is??
It is basically taking a step back from what people have been preaching to you and discovering the truth behind religion.
But,at the same time believing in a creator of some sort,not a prophet or son of god.
To me,those are false idols.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Is that a joke,or are you serious.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
That is how I live my life,fugitivesoul.

Live your life morally, don't judge others for the lifestyles that don't affect you, be humble, teach your children to hold these values, and by all means, keep church in the closet where it belongs.

A quote taken from you.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
There certainly were a lot of semi-divine births in ancient times, supposedly including "special" and powerful people like Romulus, Alexander the Great, Plato and Caesar Augustus.
A virgin birth of Immanuel is also mentioned in the Greek translation of the Old Testament. Although this was arguably based on a mistranslation of the Hebrew word for a "young women", Christian apologists would say this foretells the birth of Christ, while critics would point out that the authors of the New Testament tailored their narrative to fit their reading of the Septuagint.

While all semi-divine births were unique to a specific tradition, what is common to all of them is that people who are both divine and human acquire their divinity from the human father, and their humanity from their human mother.

Hence Christianity wasn't copied from earlier pagan religions as such; like all the semi-divine birth-myths it was unique to it's time and place. What is for sure is that it lived up to the understandings and expectations of the time, in which all important politicians and philosophers claimed semi-divine births. Origin even defended the ordinariness of the Christian faith, in light of the fact that it also had a semi-divine birth, just like all "good people" from regular religions believed back then.

So a specific "virgin birth" by being "overshadowed" is rather unique to Christianity (and I won't go into Eastern faiths here, but stick to the cosmopolitan multiculturalism of the Greek and Roman world), but it fits into the common pattern of a semi-divine person having inherited his divine attributes from a divine father, and his human attributes from a human mother.
Romulus possibly comes close, being the result of a union between the god Mars and a Vestal Virgin, and the Romans prayed to this founder-god for grace, although here the god and the virgin seem to have had sex the "natural" and more fun way.
www.pocm.info...

Incidentally, in SA Shaka Zulu was also claimed to have been the result of a virgin birth caused by an intestinal beetle, a claim that moved from being pejorative ("iShaka" meaning "the parasite") to adding to his mythos.
edit on 2-12-2011 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
Mithra was NOT born of a virgin like Jesus, he was born from a ROCK!

i hate to be the devil's advocate (how ironic lol) but im pretty sure that rock was/is a virgin, i dont see anyone having sex with it at least

therefore if thats the case then this point has been refuted

as for the rest, i dont know i never knew jesus personally so i cant say

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by halfoldman
There certainly were a lot of semi-divine births in ancient times, supposedly including "special" and powerful people like Romulus, Alexander the Great, Plato and Caesar Augustus.
A virgin birth of Immanuel is also mentioned in the Greek translation of the Old Testament. Although this was arguably based on a mistranslation of the Hebrew word for a "young women", Christian apologists would say this foretells the birth of Christ, while critics would point out that the authors of the New Testament tailored their narrative to fit their reading of the Septuagint.

While all semi-divine births were unique to a specific tradition, what is common to all of them them is that people who are both divine and human acquire their divinity from the human father, and their humanity from their human mother.

Hence Christianity wasn't copied from earlier pagan religions as such; like all the semi-divine birth-myths it was unique to it's time and place. What is for sure is that it lived up to the understandings and expectations of the time, in which all important politicians and philosophers claimed semi-divine births. Origin even defended the ordinariness of the Christian faith, in light of the fact that it also had a semi-divine birth, just like all "good people" from regular religions believed back then.

So a specific "virgin birth" is rather unique to Christianity (and I won't go into Eastern faiths here, but stick to the cosmopolitan multiculturalism of the Greek and Roman world), but it fits into the common pattern of a semi-divine person having inherited his divine attributes from a divine father, and his human attributes from a human mother.
www.pocm.info...

Where do I start.
Divine.
How could one be semi-divine?
Part god,part human?
So god had sex with humans ?
Or he made it so.
He wished that a girl be impregnated with the seed of god,and it happened.
Ok.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

does anyone have proof that jesus is from pagan religions??

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by britelite1971
reply to post by dalan.

You atheists never cease to amaze me. When someone posts a thread about christianity you are drawn right into it. Nice witnessing to you! Enjoy!

Is that your argument for: Jesus is NOT a copy from Pagan religions! Those are lies! Do research and do not believe!

You can attack Atheists - - - but where is your proof/research to support Jesus?

(although - unless I read the post you are referring to wrong - - - I didn't see any claim of Atheism)

edit on 2-12-2011 by Annee because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join