It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus is NOT a copy from Pagan religions! Those are lies! Do research and do not believe!

page: 59
<< 56  57  58    60 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Just thought I should correct a few mistakes there.

Firstly, there are over 2 Billion Christians in the world and about 1 Billion Muslims. That's 3 BILLION people that believe Jesus walked on the earth, not a "couple million."

Secondly, the books in the New Testament, which were composed of numerous different authors, report the life, words and deeds of Jesus. These were later collected to form the canonized New Testament. In addition to the Christian sources, there are Jewish ones and secular ones as well. The Jewish historian Josephus and Roman historian Cornelius Tacitus both attested to the life of Jesus as well. These have been mentioned before. If you have not seen the evidence by this point, it is because you refuse to look at it or deny it for your own reasons, but to claim the evidence isn't there is a pure falsehood. At least be honest and simply say that you don't accept the evidence that exists.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
has it ever occurred to anyone here that beyond names and dates and faces, there are souls and paths and lessons to be learned?

So many people look into the doorway of the spiritual but never start their journey of Practice.

i think that so many similar accounts in the various religions points toward one or more of them being true -- not mutually exclusive, but true.

For example, you Bible buffs know of the Nephilim which plagued earth in the times of Noah. in the Norse mythology, in teh lore of the Giants or Jotun, there is a similar account to the Flood in the Bible, where the Aesir help mortals slay the kin of the giants ("giants in the earth in those days"), and their blood was so deep that the remainder of the giants drowned.

maybe some white people survived the Noahic flood. who cares, there are so many lost boats around the world anyway who could prove any of this?

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Mazzaroth----
end of discussion

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by nuclearnuttery

Multiple attestation of a similar event by varying religions show that an event similar to the one they all describe did happen, but apparently some of those witnesses have changed the story a little bit. It shows that the general event did likely happen, but they still are not all correct as at least some of them got the details wrong.

Any devout Jew/Christian/Muslim would tell you that their faith is exclusive and cannot be conjoined with any other religious teaching, even though many people around the world currently mix and match whatever religions they want to form their own "spiritual truth."

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Mykahel

....even though many people around the world currently mix and match whatever religions they want to form their own "spiritual truth."

Isn't that what we are supposed to do, friend? Case in point here. My religion. It is like a favorite jacket that I have had for a long time, it is an old friend when it becomes cold. It fits me perfectly. I can take it off any time I want, or put it on any time I want. My jacket will not fit you, nor would I ask you to try it on, or wear it as I do.

The religion some of you in here practice is cult like in every way. All have to do the same, think the same, talk the same, be the same. That's Borg, friend, and I want no part of it. I do not hate Christians, or Muslims, or anyone else. I just do not like Establishments. And I do not like book religions. Book can, and are changed, all the time. New Living Translation EXPOSED!

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Isn't that what we are supposed to do, friend? Case in point here. My religion. It is like a favorite jacket that I have had for a long time, it is an old friend when it becomes cold. It fits me perfectly. I can take it off any time I want, or put it on any time I want. My jacket will not fit you, nor would I ask you to try it on, or wear it as I do.

The religion some of you in here practice is cult like in every way. All have to do the same, think the same, talk the same, be the same. That's Borg, friend, and I want no part of it. I do not hate Christians, or Muslims, or anyone else. I just do not like Establishments. And I do not like book religions. Book can, and are changed, all the time. New Living Translation EXPOSED!

You can retain your individuality while practicing a religion. Christianity allows for diversity: Dorothy Day and Pat Buchanan, for example, were/are both Roman Catholics who operated at the opposite ends of the political spectrum yet were/are in full communion with the Roman Catholic Church. There are Christian punks, Christian yuppies, Christian hippies, blue-collar Christians, white-collar Christians, and they don’t need to indulge in cafeteria religiosity to express their individuality and their uniqueness.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mykahel

Just thought I should correct a few mistakes there.

Firstly, there are over 2 Billion Christians in the world and about 1 Billion Muslims. That's 3 BILLION people that believe Jesus walked on the earth, not a "couple million."

That makes 3 billion people who have fallen for the fictional story of our newest man-god. Thats 3 billion ignorant people.

Secondly, the books in the New Testament, which were composed of numerous different authors, report the life, words and deeds of Jesus. These were later collected to form the canonized New Testament. In addition to the Christian sources, there are Jewish ones and secular ones as well. The Jewish historian Josephus and Roman historian Cornelius Tacitus both attested to the life of Jesus as well. These have been mentioned before. If you have not seen the evidence by this point, it is because you refuse to look at it or deny it for your own reasons, but to claim the evidence isn't there is a pure falsehood. At least be honest and simply say that you don't accept the evidence that exists.

The words allegedly spoken by the Jesus character never touched paper for DECADES LATER. So HOW did they get it written as if there was a courtroom-reporter taking notes on him the entire time?
C'mon.

And Josephus... c'mon! He is a KNOWN FRAUD even in Christian circles!
The smallest amount of research on him and his writing would make anyone see it and if not, you could LEGITIMATELY be called a damned fool. CHRISTIANS EVEN ADMIT IT!!

Get with it, eh?!

TOO FUNNY!!

edit on 17-3-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by HangTheTraitors

I love how you throw around the word ignorant as if differing with you on one single point makes a person automatically dumber than you
. Glad you've got such great self-confidence.

I have no idea what you are talking about as far as Josephus being a fraud. None of the research I have done on hims have indicated as such
. If you are talking about the Testimonium Flavianum, the most obvious and detailed comment on Jesus by Josephus, then yes, early scholars almost unanimously agreed that it was a later interpolation but the majority of modern scholarship has concluded that it is at least partially authentic
due to the varying manuscripts they have found in different parts of the world
. The other references he makes to Jesus are typically understood as being authentic.

Get with it eh?

edit on 17-3-2012 by Mykahel because: Just wanted to add some smiles to brighten your day.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

I understand the desire to make your faith your own. really, I do. That's why I allow my faith to be questioned and that's why I keep trying to "figure it all out." But in the end, just because you've decided that's what works for you doesn't mean that its true, and if it's not true in the end, what's the point? I don't mean that as a snide remark at all, I just honestly don't understand that mindset.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Mykahel

I have no idea what you are talking about as far as Josephus being a fraud. None of the research I have done on hims have indicated as such.

I don't personally think Josephus himself a fraud, but the paragraph about Jesus was obviously added at a later time, and by a different author. Philo never mentioned him, here is a whole list of Jewish Historians who could have, but never mentioned him, not a word!

Consider the following list. These are the historians and writers who DID live within Christ's alleged lifetime or within a hundred years of it, after the time:
Apollonius
Persius
Appian
Petronius
Arrian
Phaedrus
Aulus Gellius
Philo-Judaeus
Columella
Phlegon
Damis
Pliny the Elder
Dio Chrysostom
Pliny the Younger
Dion Pruseus
Plutarch
Epictetus
Pompon Mela
Favorinus
Ptolemy
Florus Lucius
Quintilian
Hermogones
Quintius Curtius
Josephus
Seneca
Justus of Tiberius
Silius Italicus
Juvenal
Statius
Lucanus
Suetonius
Lucian
Tacitus
Lysias
Theon of Smyran
Martial
Valerius Flaccus
Paterculus
Valerius Maximus
Pausanias

Yet, aside from two FORGED passages in the works of a Jewish writer mentioned above, and two disputed passages in the works of Roman writers, there isn't ANY mention of Jesus Christ. At all.

Why Are The Ancient Historians Silent About Jesus?
When are people going to wake up to the facts?

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by britelite1971
reply to post by dagon

Seriously! This thread was quite a while ago but that's okay we'll just go ahead and resurrect it. Lol. Anyway I'm not the expert religion guru but I can tell you that as many non-christians celebrate "Christmas" as christians. Maybe you can ask them or store owners. My best guess is that it costs more money to buy people gifts than it does to buy them chocolate bunnies. As for the rest of your questions, I really don't know. Perhaps you should contact a priest or a minister. Best of luck!

I have asked priests, ministers and rabbis....and gotten thrown out of the churches and synagogs. Any other suggestions? Got sent home from catholic grade school for comparing worship of the saints to the hindu religion. And you wonder why I ask questions?

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
By the way, the lady that created Zeitgeist is a Satanist wanting to get rid of Christianity and create a Utopian world. Doesn't that story sound familiar like the book of revelations?

Roxanne isn't a Satanist. She also wasn't who produced Zeitgeist. That was Peter Joseph Merola.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by dagon

I'm not catholic n would never ever pray to a saint or to Mary or in any way try to defend that type of practice. It's too bad that someone would prefer to kick you out of their building rather than just tell you they didn't have an answer.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I believe that Christianity--the original Christianity--is right on, but a lot of customs we use in America that we believe are Christian are actually Pagan or descend from Roman sun and moon worship. For example;

Ishtar, the goddess of the moon and of sexuality, according to the legends, had a son with the Roman sun God, and Easter is a holiday dedicated to her, not Jesus.

The traditions of Christmas trees came from the Pagan rituals on the winter solstice, when they'd bring pieces of the pine trees into their homes and decorate them, and decorate the ones outside too. The holiday itself, however, December 25th, was, in Roman religion, the Roman sun God's birthday. It states plainly in the word that Jesus/Yeshua was not born in winter, and from a scientific point of view, he couldn't have been born in winter if Mary and Joseph were camping out in an old barn, it would've been way too cold.

Also, if you look at statues of the sun Persian or Roman sun God, it looks a lot like our statue of liberty. I find that weird.

And, relating to the Illuminati conspiracy, the Illuminati idolize the owl, seeing it as a wise and all-knowing creature. And, one of the most famous statues of Ishtar, the lover of the sun God, has owls surrounding her feet.

Furthermore, the story of Santa Claus came from three old legends--a German legend about Odin, the king of Norse Deities, the Holly King, the ruler of the summer-to-winter solstice in Pagan legends, and the most commonly known one, Saint Nick, the Catholic bishop who was known for his kindness to children.

Yes, I believe Western Christianity was tweaked and corrupted before it ever reached America. But no, I don't believe Jesus/Yeshua is, or has anything to do with, the sun or moon gods, or Pagan traditions.

This may be an off the wall idea, but the secret societies that allegedly are plotting for a new world order are pretty well known for worshiping the sun, moon, earth, or Lucifer. Perhaps it was all according to plan for the customs of Christianity to be combined with these ways, to get people to worship the wrong God. Why is it such a big deal if Western Christianity has these customs? Because it goes DIRECTLY against the word.

"When you look into the sun, the moon, the sky, the stars, all the heavenly array--do not be enticed into bowing to them. Do not worship the things that THE LORD your God has appointed to all the nations."

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Mykahel

Excellent, excellent.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
When Christians end a prayer what do they say? "Amen". They may think Amen means "So be it.", but it came directly from Egypt - the sun god Amen-Ra. Jesus is known as the 'Son' (SUN, more accurately). The "light of the world" who will be seen "coming with the clouds". The obvious has been sitting in front of us our entire lives.
What more proof do you need that Jesus is a myth? He is nothing more that an astro-theological personification like the Egyptian/Pagan sun gods that preceded his (non)existence. To the OP and the rest in agreement: Keep floating down that river of DENIAL and see where it leads. It won't be a Utopian hereafter with streets of gold and angel wings. I have no worry about an eternal 'lake of fire' either. Neither place exists - except in the minds of the deluded. It is up to us to make this existence peaceful on earth. It is too bad so many absurd beliefs give us hell.
edit on 22-3-2012 by audiopackrat because: spelling

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by audiopackrat

I find it ironic that you think a belief in Jesus Christ who is the Son of the living holy god and the concept of the hell and the glorious heaven is giving us hell. So it is hell to believe in heaven.

The older religions were myths, it wasn't a "real" bible and a lot of stories changed and were oral, so I wouldn't be surprised if they were changed and then put in bible.

One person once said "Bible is a history book of older religion", I think this may have some truth in it.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

It is the believers who give the rest of us hell. Religious belief permeates every corner of our lives. Those who spend their entire lives worrying about the next one cannot seem to leave others alone in this life. It is believers who give support to these political puppets parading as Christian; "Oh, they love Jesus. They must be good people." Do you see how these so-called leaders use religion to gain credibility in the eyes of their constituents? This in turn affects ALL of us because these swine are enforcing their beliefs onto others via legislation. Do you see how religion is used to divide and conquer? Look how easy it was to get the public support for war over the last decade when a predominantly Christian nation was lied to about 'Islamic extremists' attacking their nation. These so-called 'Christians' were calling for blood. The orchestrators of the event knew exactly how a nation of well-propagandized, God fearin' Christians would respond. Did this give the world the proverbial Hell? You bet it did. So yeah, I stand by what I said previously; absurd beliefs give us hell. They hold us back and make enemies instead of friends.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
No.... Jesus copied after a wanna-be messiah called Simon of Peraea

'Simon' was killed by Herod (yeah the same one that later killed all Hebrew kids 2 & under to find the new King of the Jews)

Simon had a prophecy about him... that was attributed to the ArchAngel Gabriel...in the writing Simon was to return/arise after 3 days like the later messiah life-role actor called Jesus would said would happen with him

Simon of Peraea
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Simon of Peraea or Simon son of Joseph was a former slave of Herod the Great who rebelled and was killed by the Romans in 4 BC.[1] He has been identified as the messiah of Gabriel's Revelation. He is mentioned by Flavius Josephus.[2]

4 BC the demise of messiah Simon & the birth of Emmanuel AKA Jesus...coincidence or was there a three day period between the 2 events? this could be a instance of reincarnation & Jesus having knowledge of past life experience just as rare individuals have in this modern times

...History

According to Josephus...

[The commander of Herod's infantry] Gratus joined himself to some Roman soldiers, took the forces he had with him, and met Simon. And after a great and a long fight, no small part of those that had come from Peraea (a disordered body of men, fighting rather in a bold than in a skillful manner) were destroyed. Although Simon had saved himself by flying away through a certain valley, Gratus overtook him, and cut off his head."

So, here we have a direct account by a known & trusted historian...'Josephus'
who says that Simon of Peraea was a self styled rebel, messiah for getting rid of the roman occupation & restoring the Jewish peoples... but we only have hearsay that a Jesus went around doing magic as noted by Josephus... hmmmm

Messiah claim

A tablet, known as the Gabriel's Revelation or The Jeselsohn Stone, was likely found near the Dead Sea some time around the year 2000.
It has been associated with the same community which created the Dead Sea scrolls and mentions Simon. Israel Knohl reads the inscription as a command from the angel Gabriel "to rise from the dead within three days".
He takes this command to be directed at a 1st century Jewish rebel called Simon, who was killed by the Romans in 4 BC.

In Knohl's view the finding "calls for a complete reassessment of all previous scholarship on the subject of messianism, Jewish and Christian alike".[3]

In 2009 the National Geographic Channel aired The First Jesus? which addressed the claims and controversy.[4]

yeah... the resurrection back to life was common among the earlier romans, greeks, sumerians and likely other cultures...
but i think that the Jesus person was a direct reincarnation continuation of the Simon person, rather than a myth based on other cultural pantheons of gods.

perhaps i overlooked this character in the many religious threads i read or participate in...
i cited Simon the Sorcerer, who i think was contemporary with Jesus
but this is the 1st i heard of the Rebel/revolutionary Simon of Peraea as one of the many Jews who claimed a messianic mission vs. Rome
edit on 1-4-2012 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Modern day Christianity is just a translation of Ancient Kemet religious views.

When Kemet fell, the Greeks gained the information, and the Romans got that information from the Greeks.

Its all a variation of Ancient Kemet.

new topics

top topics

<< 56  57  58    60 >>

join