It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kucinich bill: End the Federal Reserve!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Kucinich bill: End the Federal Reserve!
(from Rawstory.com)

“Ten million homes are in jeopardy,” he explained in a recent plea for support published to YouTube. “Fourteen million people out of work. Fifty million without health care. Endless wars. The Fed creates money out of nothing, gives it to banks, banks keep it on deposit, gain interest, pay high bonuses — fat city — while the rest of America falls apart. The Fed creates money out of nothing for the banks. Meanwhile, the rest of us have to be stuck in a debt-based economic system? I don’t think so.”

[...]

Along those very lines, The NEED Act calls for “creation of money by private financial institutions as interest-bearing debts” to “cease once and for all.” It would also block commercial banks from betting depositors’ funds on risky investments like credit default swaps and derivatives, essentially restoring the wall of separation between commercial and investment banking that was toppled by repealing the Glass-Stegall Act.

Did Kucinich just one-up Ron Paul? Paul has pushed a bill to audit the Fed (HR459) but I don't think he's ever written a bill to flat out end it.

This article compliments an earlier one on Kucinich's lashing out against the Fed Reserve;
Kucinich: Federal Reserve has captured control of our government

BTW Kucinich has a number of videos on his youtube channel speaking out against the banking sector;
Youtube: DJKucinich's Channel

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
He would make the perfect vp for Ron Paul. In some ways they are the same just different parties.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

They're polar opposites when it comes to certain regulations - like environmental and banking regs. Kucinich is generally pro-Union and Paul is not. To me these are small matters, and what one lacks the other makes up for. Both are staunchly for AUDITING or REMOVING the FED, and right now nothing could be more important.

Early in US history, the VP would be from the losing ticket during a general election, so they were by intention 'opposites', having Paul and Kucinich in the WH would be a good deal I think

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
This is interesting!! These two could be a winner!

And end the FED!! Thats whats needed to change the future and give US back to the sheeple!!!

It will be interesting now to see what follows..........

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Looks like someone needs a ride around Dallas.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I concur, End the FED,

though i can't comprehend why Paul garners the attention and yet Kucinich never did whilst he was running for president,

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
you hear what he said folks................................. and I quote.

"DO YOU NOW UNDERSTAND OCCUPY WALL STREET" for the people that don't get it and prolly won't get it untill this garbage really affects them.

People are pissed and everyone should be, not just a few thousand. 8 trillion with a big fat "T"

OWS haters need to focus that hate to the ones that are responsible for this mess and stop focusing on the people that are trying to make some real change.

End the fed put the power back to the people and end this madness. Or just print your own money like they do and problem solved right. Oh wait we go to jail for doing things like that. I forgot we live in a hypocrisy.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Kucinich and Gravel are the only American Democrats worth their salt

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
It's interesting how politicians with the most sense, get made out to look like kooks by the MSM. This guy was a way better candidate than Obama...they made him look like a kook by asking him about ufo's and Shirley Maclaine. They've been doing the same thing with Ron Paul trying to make him seem like a nut.

Of course I have no faith in any political system, the only thing I can count on from them is taking away every freedom there is, in the name of "some higher good" when it's actually just them shifting their positions around looking to fleece their pockets from insider trading, thinking they are above the law because they make the law.

Government is a scam and I am glad some in it stand up and say it is. The corporation mindset of the government doesn't like whistle blowers which is exactly what these two are, so they naturally try and damage their credibility and make people think they are kooks and nut jobs.

rant complete.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Dennis Kucinich is the real deal.

And yes, he has been "one-upping" Ron Paul from the beginning... although they have very similar positions when it comes to foreign and monetary policy, in my opinion, Mr. Kucinich's domestic policies blow Dr. Paul's out of the water.

Kucinich was born in Cleveland, Ohio, on October 8, 1946, as the eldest of the seven children of Frank and Virginia Kucinich.[4] His father, a truck driver, was of Croat ancestry; his Irish American mother was a homemaker.[5] Growing up, his family moved 21 times and Kucinich was often charged with the responsibility of finding apartments they could afford.[6]

His platform[64] for 2008 included:
-Creating a single-payer not-for-profit system of universal health care that provides full coverage for all Americans by passage of the United States National Health Care Act.
-The immediate, phased withdrawal of all U.S. forces from Iraq; replacing them with an international security force.
-Guaranteed quality education for all; including free pre-kindergarten and college for all who want it.
Immediate withdrawal from the World Trade Organization (WTO) and North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA).
-Immediate repeal of the USA PATRIOT Act.
-Fostering a world of international cooperation.
-Abolishing the death penalty.
-Environmental renewal and clean energy.
-Creating a moratorium on Genetically Modified Organism (GMO).
-Implementation of H.R. 676, which integrates traditional medicine with complementary and alternative medicine (CAM).
-Ban offshore drilling.
-Halt all Biochemical Aerial Spraying of Pesticides and other toxins.
-Preventing the privatization of social security.
-Providing full social security benefits at age 65.
-Creating a cabinet-level "Department of Peace"
-Ratifying the ABM Treaty and the Kyoto Protocol.
-Introducing reforms to bring about instant-runoff voting.
-Protecting a woman's "right to choose" while decreasing the number of abortions performed in the U.S.
-Lowering the voting age to 16
-Ending the War on Drugs.
-Legalizing same-sex marriage.
-Strongly promoting workers' rights.
-Ending the H-1B and L-1 visa Programs
-Restoring rural communities and family farms.
-Strengthening gun control.
-Legalizing medicinal marijuana and decriminalizing non-medical possession.

I'm certain many Ron Paul supporters would gladly jump on the Kucinich bandwagon if they only knew what he stood for... but the mainstream media does a great job, just as with Dr. Paul, of keeping that on the down-low.

On December 10, 2003, the American Broadcasting Company (ABC) announced the removal of its correspondents from the campaigns of Kucinich, Carol Moseley Braun and Al Sharpton.[59]
The announcement came one day after a Democratic presidential debate hosted by ABC News' Ted Koppel, in which Koppel asked whether the candidacies of Kucinich, Moseley Braun and Sharpton were merely "vanity campaigns", and Koppel and Kucinich exchanged uncomfortable dialog.[60]
Kucinich, previously critical of the limited coverage given his campaign, characterized ABC's decision as an example of media companies' power to shape campaigns by choosing which candidates to cover and questioned its timing, coming immediately after the debate.[59]

EDIT: OOPS... here is the SOURCE!

the Billmeister
edit on 2-12-2011 by Billmeister because: Source!

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

He may have the best intentions in the world, but sadly for anybody that knows how the Fed and Wall street works you know that you can not end the Fed until you get rid of the root problem, Wall Street, it is from Walls street that the Fed was drafted planned and put in power, by the most powerful familes in the Banking system that still runs Walls Street and the EU central banks.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Home grown here in Cleveland, Ohio. I love this guy. I cant believe he didnt get more attention in his bid to be the next president.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I'd watch my back if I were Dennis Kucinich

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
He would make the perfect vp for Ron Paul. In some ways they are the same just different parties.

I agree, even though they are politicians and I don't trust politicians, Paul and Kucinich would make a great ticket in the event that they actually tried to implement the rational policies they have been repeating for years. Sure there are a few minor differences, but these two guys have got all the major issues covered in the right places.

They both talk about fixing our monetary system, they are anti-war all of the time, they gripe about corruption and malfeasance consistently, they constantly remind people about the Constitution, and the mainstream media ignores or ridicules them as "never having a chance". I actually thought they should have combined forces in 2008 during that election.

I would consider Paul's voting record pristine, and Kucinich is far above par but he has voted yes on a few things so it's not perfect. But he's definitely more consistent in his views than most any other politician so that keeps him of good stature.

If not VP than Secretary of State would be a good spot for Kucinich if they could follow through on what they say to us in these speeches.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by timi0000
I'd watch my back if I were Dennis Kucinich

If only you knew.

After Kucinich refused to sell Muni Light, Cleveland's publicly owned electric utility, the Cleveland mafia put out a hit on Kucinich. A hit man from Maryland planned to shoot him in the head during the Columbus Day Parade, but the plot fell apart when Kucinich was hospitalized and missed the event. When the city fell into default shortly thereafter, the mafia leaders called off the contract killer.[19]

Specifically, it was the Cleveland Trust Company that suddenly required all of the city's debts be paid in full, which forced the city into default, after news of Kucinich's refusal to sell the city utility. For years, these debts were routinely rolled over, pending future payment, until Kucinich's announcement was made public. In 1998 the Cleveland City Council honored him for having the "courage and foresight" to stand up to the banks and saving the city an estimated $195 million between 1985 and 1995.[20]

Yes Kucinich watches his back it appears. I heard even he carried a firearm for a long period and heard him talk very positively about the 2nd Amendment.

(I have also seen him make bad calls on the 2nd Amendment so you could call him a flip flopper to an extent, but that's why I would always choose Paul over him.)

Wiki link
edit on 2-12-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-12-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
The more I see and here from Dennis Kucinich the more I like him. I let myself be lead down the "Kucinich is a kook" path because I didn't care enough to research him back in 2008. Thanks to threads on ATS I have had an opportunity to listen to him, as opposed to his detractors, and I think he is for real.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Yeah that was back when CEI was doing everything it could to put Muny Light (short for Municipal Light) out of business, and the banker-backers of CEI demanded it be sold to CEI so they could shutter it and steal their customers and go on to become the only power company operating with a monopoly in that area. Kucinich refused to cave in to their demands so they yanked all their bond notes and plunged the city into default - even though the city was making those payments and those bonds weren't due.

CEI was responsible for numerous violations of federal antitrust law in its attempt to put Muny Light out of business. The Atomic Safety and Licensing Board of the Nuclear Regulatory Commission determined that CEI blocked Muny Light from making repairs to its generator by lobbying the city council to place restrictive conditions on Muny Light bonds. Because of the delay in repairs, Muny Light had to purchase power. CEI then worked behind the scenes to block Muny Light from purchasing power from other power companies. CEI became the only power company Muny Light could buy from. At that point, CEI began price gouging—sharply increasing (even tripling) the cost of power to Muny Light. As a result, Muny Light began to lose money. CEI went to court to demand that Muny pay $14 million in damages for power it had purchased. Former mayor Ralph Perk had intended to pay that light bill by selling the light system, simultaneously disposing of a $328 million antitrust suit the city had filed against CEI.

The Kucinich administration not only stopped the sale, but also kept the lawsuit alive. CEI went to a United States federal court to get an order attaching city equipment. Kucinich moved quickly to pay the bill by cutting city spending. However, Ohio's largest bank, Cleveland Trust (now part of Key Bank), told Kucinich that they would not renew the city's credit on $15 million of loans taken out by the previous administration unless Kucinich would agree to sell. The Council sided with the banks and pressured the mayor to make the sale, but Kucinich's answer was still "No."

Instead, he proposed saving money by laying off 600 employees, including 400 police officers and firefighters, and proposed a $50 million bond issue to pay the Muny debt to CEI. He even agreed to seek an increase in the city income tax, something he had steadfastly refused in the past.

Council was still adamant. George L. Forbes stated that he "spoke to the chairman of Cleveland Trust and he indicated he could go with the sale of the Municipal Light Plant."

As the week dragged on, the mayor appeared on Good Morning America and repeated his vow not to sell. Three of the six banks that held Cleveland's $14 million in notes presented the notes for redemption at the office of the city treasurer at Cleveland City Hall. They stated that they were willing to listen if the city developed "a financial plan satisfactory to all parties involved." Meanwhile, news reporters from around the nation flocked to Cleveland to watch as the situation intensified.

On December 14 at 11 p.m. (EST), Council met to consider a resolution that only gave Kucinich but one alternative: sell Muni Light or claim default.

From Wiki Mayoralty of Dennis Kucinich

Cleveland's history is rife with Mob activity - La Cosa Nostra AND the Cleveland Trust Bank. As bad as the Italian mob might be, they are small timers compared to the cabal of bankers operating in this country.

Back when Kucinich defied the Cleveland Trust over the sale of Muny Light it was revealed Cleveland Trust and CEI were so joined at the hip they were practically one and the same.

The Plain Dealer later revealed that Cleveland Trust and CEI had seven interlocking directors, making Trust CEI's bank. Together with another bank, Cleveland Trust owned a substantial share of CEI stock and had numerous other mutual interests.

Interlocking directors? Does that remind you of anything else? Like say, the Federal Reserve and Goldman Sachs perhaps?

When CEI couldn't get it's way on Muny, they simply used a mob tactic on the mayor - "Sell us Muny or we send Knuckles around to break your knee caps." (and by breaking knee caps = pulling their bonds)

A lot of people might not like Kucinich for his support of unions or environmental causes or - god forbid - peace - but he's always fought for the little guy, the regular working Joe's. Ron Paul is much more libertarian than Kucinich, but they both find common ground when it comes to the Fed and the Big Banks, they both are fighting them and they both are getting sidelined by mainstream media for it. They both see the incestuous nature between the Big Banks, Wall Street and Government/Federal Reserve and have fought it.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
...but he did write a book 'End the Fed' - Ron Paul
i can only hope Kucinich's bill passes.
or
enforce e/o 11110.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Problem is, Kucinich may not be around much longer;

Kucinich likely to lose Congressional seat in redistricting

The GOP is redistricting Ohio and Kucinich will likely lose his seat. He's overwhelmingly popular in his district, but if you take the district away...

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
For a Democrat Kucinich has always been one of my favorites. He is often taking up positions right along side of Ron Paul and for this I applaud him and his continue3d efforts. End the Fed!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join