It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Homo Sapiens Part Alien? ( read and post please)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
reply to post by steveknows

Great post and right on. You don't need aliens to explain human adaptation to climate. White skin takes about 10,000 years to form when humans move into the northern latitudes. Color blind people from Scotland are so because the landscape is bland and perceiving color is not a survival characteristic, so it isn't bred out. It's not magic. It's not alien. It's simple adaptation to a need for Vitamin D. Eskimos are roly-poly to keep heat in. Africans are long and lanky to throw heat off. It really isn't rocket science. If you could not explain it I could see the issue, but you can. We have ourselves as evidence. we have fossil evidence, and we have DNA evidence, and surprise! They do not contradict each other. Instead, they corroborate each other.

I'm not saying aliens have never been here or anything like that. All I'm saying is that you don't need aliens to explain why we are the way we are.

Thanks
This is a good thread the OP started as there's debate on both sides and none of the usual breakdown and name calling.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by anon72

No you want white skin that allows heat in, small nostrils that warm the air going into your lungs, matted hair that keeps your head warm by reducing heat loss and receded eyebrows that don't create shade and don't puddle sweat. Or you'll freeze. It's called adaption. Also we have the same biological bits as a cat or dog or horse simply because, we like them, and all other mammals are native to this planet.

No you want white skin that allows heat in, small nostrils that warm the air going into your lungs, matted hair that keeps your head warm by reducing heat loss and receded eyebrows that don't create shade and don't puddle sweat. Or you'll freeze. It's called adaption.

The way you stated that just seems to make the most sense to me. We are native to this planet. And, on that note, Aliens from another planet most likely would have a difficult time here-adapting. Maybe they (Aliens) have tried in the past to come here to Earth, friendly or not---I mean WAY PAST (10,000+ and back further).

But they discovered they couldn't live here etc. Another of Mother Nature's Defenses/???? Who knows. Sure is fun to talk about though.

It's a good thread you started and a civil one as well

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Adaptability.
That is what is human.
That is how we have survived.
It is kind of like we have adapted all the things from every species on the planet
that is the most efficient in survival on our ever changing planet.
You are right,we never were alien,we ,as a human race ,were brought up to adapt to our home.

BTW: I was directing my kudos to anon,sorry that it was misinterpreted.
edit on 2-12-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
EN.KI is our Father and Ninurshag our Mother. Our "alien" ancestors.

This ancient Link is absolute and it cannot be cancelled.

....To His image and likeness....

Genesis

edit on 2-12-2011 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mijamija
reply to post by HappyBunny

Thanks happy bunny for breaking it down for me! I know there has to be a scientific explanation for the rh neg mystery, and hopefully science will explain it once and for all, but for now we can only speculate and many people do speculate that certain humans lack the rh factor because they come from a separate species, a foreign species, or a hybrid species and that is why rh neg mothers fight off their rh pos babies as if their are foreign invaders, they have a severe immune response which just sounds so wrong for a mother to be allergic to her baby basically.

It sounds wrong, but the current theory about why most miscarriages are male fetuses involves the mother's immune response to HY antigens, especially if the first pregnancy was male. I've miscarried twice. My first pregnancy was male and ended in miscarriage. The second is a girl (and I didn't have an easy time of it with her) and my third was another male that I miscarried. Firstborn males, because of the HY antigen (and only males produce it), increase the risk of miscarriage in other pregnancies.

Which doesn't have anything to do with the Rh factor, but it just shows that our immune systems are responsible for our bodies' reactions to what it perceives as a threat. Your body isn't reacting to the baby, but to the baby's immune system.

I can see why it would be easy to blame this on alien DNA mutations, but I really, really want to believe that there is a scientific explanation because I do not like the idea that I might have some alien mutation....I refuse to believe that, I just want science to back me up already!

They'll figure it out eventually.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Thank you and All for turning this thread into areas I hadn't considered. Awesome responses.

Adapatation is the answer-mixed with Migrations, appears to be the answer-right?

So now my mind has expanded its questions to the following:

What is more plasuable:

1: Aliens coming to Earth and getting genetically involved in the Human Race?
2: Humans evolving from organisms, evolution and migration?
3: A Supreme Being (God) creating humans in his image?

Dam it... now I am all mixed up again.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Miscarriage is a terrible thing for any woman to endure, from one mom to another you have all my sympathy!
I had no clue that many miscarriages involved male fetuses, nor had I even heard of the HY antigen. I have been told that boys are often born with more sickness, weakness and difficulties...but I kinda thought that was more of an old wives tale.

Why would our immune systems do stuff like this? Sometimes, I really wish I had paid more attention in science class!!

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by anon72

Thank you and All for turning this thread into areas I hadn't considered. Awesome responses.

Adapatation is the answer-mixed with Migrations, appears to be the answer-right?

So now my mind has expanded its questions to the following:

What is more plasuable:

1: Aliens coming to Earth and getting genetically involved in the Human Race?
2: Humans evolving from organisms, evolution and migration?
3: A Supreme Being (God) creating humans in his image?

Dam it... now I am all mixed up again.

I am going to go with #2 we evolved from organisms. But I am still not going to rule out the possibility that aliens were involved because we simply do not know one way or the other, and science does not have all the answers...yet. I do not know that science will ever give us all of the answers, and frankly I do not know that science should.

Which leads to # 3 god. I kinda think many humans need the concept of "god" or some sort of spiritual understanding of existence, so while this "god" is a man made concept, it serves a purpose for many people. Do I really think a being actually breathed life into us...no but that is more of a religious discussion, better suited to a different thread.

This has been a really good informative thread, it's always awesome when I stumble into one of these threads, thanks Anon72, great posts everyone!

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mijamija

Miscarriage is a terrible thing for any woman to endure, from one mom to another you have all my sympathy!
I had no clue that many miscarriages involved male fetuses, nor had I even heard of the HY antigen. I have been told that boys are often born with more sickness, weakness and difficulties...but I kinda thought that was more of an old wives tale.

Nope, it's true. Which kind of puts "male conquest" into perspective.

Why would our immune systems do stuff like this? Sometimes, I really wish I had paid more attention in science class!!

Well, DNA doesn't always act in our best interest.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

You two have ut some fascinating info and discussion up here.

One of you should consider doing a thread on the topic of blodd etc.

I think the whole world DNA mapping project going on, completed, will be the nail in the coffin as to alien DNA.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by metaldemon2000
reply to post by Afterthought

Whites are the least adaptable to this planet than all the other races.

Yes, of course we are...not.

Higher rates of skin cancer/sun damage. Eyes more photosensitive. More suited to colder northern climates.

Two theories. Either whites emerged from hundreds of years living underground/bomb shelters from when the last cataclysm struck the earth or we came from mars when it harbored life which would be suitable. Less sunlight, colder climate.

I didn't know our existence requires extraordinary explanations. Yes, there has to be a logical explanation for the existence of "whites" but there seems to be no rationale other than they came from outer space or something! They're so unnatural within the biosphere, can't you feel it?

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by CitizenNum287119327
We probably are just an alien manipulation.

Why has no other 'primate' group evolved with less body hair?

After all, it is hot in Africa, so why didn't any other primate group go down the bald-is-beautiful path?

Do you think THAT is somehow "proof" of alien intervention??? Secondly, we don't know that we are the only species of primate that has evolved with less body hair. All we know is that we are the only one left. Third, yes, it's hot in equatorial Africa, not quite so hot in South Africa, where it is actually a temperate zone. Besides, you have to make a correlation between heat and body hair, and that hasn't been done. Fourth, there are some intrguing theories as to why we have less body hair than other species, including the possibility that we spent some "quality time" as a semi-aquatic species. Here are the basics of that theory, and here's some serious criticism of it. In other words, we don't know. But just because we don't know is not a valid reason to invoke aliens.

Further, the idea that we are not hairy is not exactly true. Just look at my cousin Vinny!
edit on 12/2/2011 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

I did a piece awhile back that included when homo sapiens became hairless.
How they found that out was studying lice.

Pthirus pubis, popularly known as crabs, evolved from the structurally similar gorilla louse, Pthirus gorillae. Interestingly however, while genetic analysis carried out by David Reed at the University of Florida indicates that this split occurred around 3.3 million years ago, humans are believed to have diverged from gorillas much earlier - at least 7 million years ago - suggesting that early humans somehow caught pubic lice from their gorilla cousins. Happily, this may not be as sordid as it sounds. According to Weiss, "Before one conjures up a King Kong scenario, it should be noted that predators can pick up parasites from their prey. The close contact involved in human ancestors butchering gorillas could have enabled Pthirus to jump hosts, rather as bushmeat slaughter practices allowed HIV to invade humans from chimpanzees in modern times."

And ,no, they weren't doing you know what with gorillas.

www.sciencedaily.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Also,a study was done that seem to show humans started wearing clothes 170,000 years ago.

A new University of Florida study following the evolution of lice shows modern humans started wearing clothes about 170,000 years ago, a technology which enabled them to successfully migrate out of Africa.

news.ufl.edu...

But,wait,we have only been around some 200,000 years,right?

edit on 2-12-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I believe their is life out there outside this planet. I don't know if our whole human race decended from it or if it was just a few or if they just helped us out in our evolution but I know there is something else out there. As far as the blonde hair blue eyes thing i've never heard of that, I'd be interested to know where that information comes from bc I have blonde hair and blue eyes. Any way its a great post. I don't believe in religion at all , I do believe in some sort of creator, More like energy that is than a man. If there is an intellegent design I believe it would have made all beings not just humans. Funny thing to think about though bc i'm sure aliens don't call themselves aliens. lol btw have you heard of the Super Earth they found? Look it up online it's pretty interesting.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

I go for #2. Evolution, exploration and migrations.

Also I believe that the reason humans get so hung up on outer space is because that's where our future is. We are an animal of learning and seeking and there's no doubt in my mind that we started our journey to the stars at the very moment we walked out of Africa.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I know you have heard of the term,survival of the fittest.
Well,that is how the human species have survived.
We have endurance.
It is still evident today in the bushmen of Africa.
It has been shown that they would hunt their prey for many hours,wearing the animal out due to heat exhaustion.
Made for an easy kill.

There was an example shown on the show with bushmen on how they still do it. They know how to track.They would follow the prey,and when the prey would stop,they would chase it a little,and kept it up for 4 hours,til the prey was basically in heat exhaustion,and with the prey,like an antelope,just standing there without being able to move,they would just throw some spears at it till it fell. Pretty simple and effective. Humans could outlast the prey because we handled the heat more efficiently by sweating. We were designed for endurance,they were designed for a quick get away.

In "Birth of Humanity," the second part of the three-part series "Becoming Human," NOVA investigates the first skeleton that really looks like us–"Turkana Boy"–an astonishingly complete specimen of Homo erectus found by the famous Leakey team in Kenya. These early humans are thought to have developed key innovations that helped them thrive, including hunting large prey, the use of fire, and extensive social bonds. The program examines an intriguing theory that long-distance running–our ability to jog–was crucial for the survival of these early hominids. Not only did running help them escape from vicious predators roaming the grasslands, but it also gave them a unique hunting strategy: chasing down prey animals such as deer and antelope to the point of exhaustion. "Birth of Humanity" also probes how, why, and when humans' uniquely long period of childhood and parenting began.

www.pbs.org...

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   

I believe that the reason humans get so hung up on outer space is because that's where our future is. We are an animal of learning and seeking and there's no doubt in my mind that we started our journey to the stars at the very moment we walked out of Africa.

Excellently stated. A flag if I could would go to you.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler

Originally posted by CitizenNum287119327
We probably are just an alien manipulation.

Why has no other 'primate' group evolved with less body hair?

After all, it is hot in Africa, so why didn't any other primate group go down the bald-is-beautiful path?

Do you think THAT is somehow "proof" of alien intervention??? Secondly, we don't know that we are the only species of primate that has evolved with less body hair. All we know is that we are the only one left. Third, yes, it's hot in equatorial Africa, not quite so hot in South Africa, where it is actually a temperate zone. Besides, you have to make a correlation between heat and body hair, and that hasn't been done. Fourth, there are some intrguing theories as to why we have less body hair than other species, including the possibility that we spent some "quality time" as a semi-aquatic species. Here are the basics of that theory, and here's some serious criticism of it. In other words, we don't know. But just because we don't know is not a valid reason to invoke aliens.

Further, the idea that we are not hairy is not exactly true. Just look at my cousin Vinny!
edit on 12/2/2011 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

lighten up.
I didn't start a the thread with the title "are homo sapiens part alien".
I never said anything was PROOF.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by CitizenNum287119327

I have to say that I had never thought of the hair or hairlessness of humans etc. Hmmm I wonder why?

Anyway, interesting.

If we did evolve from apes.... why no hair-or why did we keep hair in some areas and not others? Are we done evolving----Hair wise? Are we all, as a race going to be totally hairless due to body sell-modification(s)?

What goes next, when the hair is gone? Layers of skin?

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I sure hope you come back.

I have been thinking about the hair/hairlessness.

Why do we grow blad? If hair is important or sever an important role, why do some go bald?

Natural deletion of a body process/or item not needed anymore-for survival?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join