It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Walk Through Pictures...11/11

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

Very nice set of shot, well taken. I enjoyed the walk thank you

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Thank you for all the great, positive responses! Starts my day off very nicely.

I'll answer all your questions in one post, so as not to have several individual ones:

@Justaposter....I will be sure to keep you posted. Never know what he'll be doing when I walk by....

@Unlimitedsky; Nope, not too personal! Thank you so much...it's an incredible reward to know that my feelings were conveyed to someone else through the pictures. I literally cried the other week when I saw the finished photo of the geese flying in front of the sunset. I have that one on my mantle now...to remind me of the peace.

@Wisethinker...I could never live in a city. I visit, but never stay! Even though I am on a rural road, I'm actually quite close to a couple of smaller towns. I can see the stars okay, but not as good as if I were in the mountains. Fortunately, the mountains are only a few miles away! I have had a nice telescope on my wish list for a couple of years now, I'll get one eventually. I love looking at the stars, always have!

@ReadyPower...Thanks! I have always liked to take pictures, ever since I was a kid. I took some very basic photo classes in school, but those were ofcourse for 35mm film. I got my Nikon D40 three years ago this month (for Christmas) and I have been hooked ever since. Most of the pictures I share are taken with it (all the ones on this thread), it is only a 6mp digital camera. I would love to get a D700 with 16mp so I can do better enlargements and have some crisper images, but actually, learning to get the shots I want with this camera has been a great learning experience. I don't have a macro lense so all the close-ups are with my 18-22m lense. A bit tricky, but with the right light and angle it is possible. For the distant shots, i have my coveted 300m lense. it cost as much as the camera though. As to the learning....a lot can be gained from practice and I think for the most part my picture quality has evolved over the past few years, but honestly, I think most of it comes from just having the right 'eye'. An intuition for when to grab the camera, what to look at, how to frame it and when to take the picture. It's a hobby and a personal challenge (I don't photoshop) but most of all a way to relax and really submerge myself in this beautiful world!

@Antar..thank you! I share my pics on facebook and finally made a free website for better viewing. I have submitted some to the local media. I've found that ATS reaches the most people! A great way to share!!!

@Mugger and Tsawyer2: Thank for you for idenitfying them! I think you are right and those are pigeons. I always get them mixed up (unless I hear them). We have both around here. The eagles ARE amazing. I am still waiting for the one great shot, but I am learning to be patient and simply enjoy the fact that I get to see them at all. They are so FAST! I know that when I go in for the camera they'll probably be gone by the time I get back. Dark-eyed junco? I have never heard of it, thank you! Cute little guys, kinda look like finches. I 'll bet you are right about the red-tailed hawk. The patterns in their feathers are so pretty!

@Ladykenzie: Yes! I am just under a half hour West of Concrete. Such a beautiful area. I was up camping at Baker this summer....here is a picture taken from Baker Lake Damn, this will probably look familiar to you!!

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Awesome. I live in a city and found 16 types of wildlife including wild peacocks not 10 minutes from home.

Much better post than all the doom and gloom and paranoia.

I wonder of any consiracy theorists will 'see' something in the pictures?

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Thanks so much for sharing, Westcoast! I envy you your "dead end street" when the scenery is so lovely. It's only a few short miles into the Wasatch Mountains for me...but I don't often get the chance to get away. Those photos are my "renewal" for the week!

Thanks again!

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Far Out! Most Fun and Visually Appealing OP of the Week Award if you ask me. Thanks for the trip.

The egrets(?) juxtaposed against the moon was worth the price of admission alone.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
westcoast, I love your photos.
May I have permission to make paintings of some of them?

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Your pictures are a breath of fresh air............to see that beauty then to sit back and realize the Humans who think they are wiser .... destroy that beauty with all the greed.

I am thankful for the ones that realize what this race is doing and are waking and starting to try to correct the wrongs.

We all need to take care of this beauty it makes the heart go pitter-patter.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Kudos to you for a wonderful and awesome collection of enchanting photos. While they are all great, my hat is off to you for the closeup of the blossom. Macro-photograpy is a truly inspiring venture to a whole new world.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Nice pics!

You have a talent for it!

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Wow! Now that is absolutely beautiful!

If only everybody could experience nature in such a way. People who live in the city living a life of excess and waste have no idea the beautiful ecosystems they are affecting through pollution, garbage, littering, pesticides, and the way it filters down the food chain into even the most remote places on earth.

Its only a matter of time before mother nature decides shes had enough with us, and returns this beautiful planet back into the pristine shape it used to be in. Before we arrived.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by westcoast
Thank you for the replies!

I took these pictures in Skagit County, Washington State...near a town called Sedro Woolley. This is the NW corner of Washington. Beautiful area!!

I took these two from the same road this past month:

Since there was a request for more...
Here are a couple of my favorites

You're a very talented photographer imo.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Those were awesome, WC!!!

What a wonderful portrayal . I love that cow. (steer, bull...??) I'm going to have to go seek him out.

Thanks for sharing.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Super post. If you have a blog or Twitter PM it to me and I'll follow.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
That's some impressive photography, I really need a hobby and this looks like to fit the bill. Just got to scrounge up some cash for a decent camera, what are you using to take those images?

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Such beauty of the outdoors. Thanks for showing us.

As a city dweller, it's easy to forget what lies a bit beyond the horizon.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

This is not a post I ever expected to see on ATS, thank you.

I am also interested in potography, just never been able to affored a camera needed to shot nature and action tell now.I don't think there is anything more rewarding then haveing a photo on the wall in the home you built that you took, it finish's things off.

Once again , thanks for the post.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Thank you again for the responses! it's so great to know that someone...anyone else can enjoy them!!

To answer some of those questions:

Those are snow geese in front of the moon (I was SO excited they flew in front of it! Almost like they did what I asked!)

Ofcourse you can use them to make a painting!!! I just want to see the result...very cool.

I use a Nikon D40 digital camera. It is only a 6megapixal camera, but the lenses make the difference. No macro lense..just a 18-55m, 55 to 200 and a 300m. Costs around 500 new, you can get it much cheaper used nowadays though.

I don't have a blog, but I finally made a facebook page and a website for viewing them. I'll U2U the address to the two that asked and if anyone else would like the links, just u2u me!

I got some beautiful cloud pictures tonight...gotta look up the name of them. The kind where it looks like you are under water looking up at waves. I'll upload a couple of them later!

And a special 'shout-out' to Brandyfro....haven't seen you in awhile!!! Yes, that cow is a character! You have snow your way yet??

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
amazing

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
You live a BLESSED life !

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Great photos! The one of the geese in the cornfield is very similar to the view across the road from my house.

I'm waiting for the deer hunters to finally go home, so I can watch the lucky deer who survived it all come out to munch on the leavings in the fields.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join