It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NSA Technical Journal Volume 14, Issue 1

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I haven't come across anyone discussing this document in the past on this site. I was wondering if anyone has seen it before and what their thoughts on the matter are. It has been made public due to a court order, but it is buried deep in the middle of the technical journals and has had very little exposure.

this is only a portion as the summation has been left out, either because they hadn't come to a conclusion at the time of publication, or the court allowed them to withhold the summation due to the implications it has for national security and energy concerns.

I'm not sure if I have linked the url correctly, so if there is a problem, I apologize beforehand. Please be aware the the link is to an Adobe PDF file and although the site is a government site, please open at your own risk.

www.nsa.gov..." target="_blank" class="postlink">www.nsa.gov... aterrestrial_messages.pdf

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by nsaeyes

Hello I am curious to read the PDF but your link is broken. Could you be more specific with a title other than just the volume? I can search for it if I know the name.
Coco

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by nsaeyes

This is at least the third thread about these documents in the past week, and probably the thirteenth this year. If you already know that and this is some kind of joke, ha ha. Otherwise, read links:

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
The pdf the OP tried to link

I think this has been posted very recently as proof of Alien messages from space but it is apparently an internal exercise the NSA conducted into cryptography (?).
edit on 30/11/11 by LightSpeedDriver because: Small correction

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

ah okay I recall that thread..thanks..Coco

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

why do they suspect that it was an excercise in cryptology? If that was/is the case, why would the fight so hard on the FOIA request?

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by nsaeyes

There was no such fight and no such court order. Made-up story. If you follow the links above, you'll find that it is clearly documented as an exercise.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by nsaeyes

You can read the previous threads any time for the answers to your questions. No one fought to keep this from being public, it was not revealed by court order, it was always unclassified. The idea that it came out due to a court order seems to come from a misreading of this page. Document 34 sheds a lot of light on 42/41.

top topics

join