It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm so hungry, I could eat a horse! And so could you..... wait.... what?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
after watching black beauty.... i could never eat a horse...

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I love horses as well! However not sure I would eat a horse just because i'm not sure they taste good, but I would if they did and let me tell you why..... WE ARE CARNIVORES PEOPLE! Perhaps because I live in Alaska and most of us here practice subsistence living we are closer to the reality of what it takes to put meat on the table.

I love Moose to. I never get tired of looking at them and they are good eatin to!

I love whales I mean I really really love whales.......I would probably try it but the natives appetitite doesn;t usually appeal to westerners so I doubt I would like it.

Honestly I love all animals but I am a Carnivore and I know what it takes to put meat on the table so why not Horse?

Just because you like a particular animal over another does not mean it should be put above all others. Different cultures eat different types of meat, and that is OK!

An animal is an animal and all should be treated equally when considered as a food source.

With that said do not be mistaken in my meaning friends, in my opinion it is as humans one of our God given duties to take care of the animals.

It is also a fact that it is in our best interest that we ensure their survival from the smallest to the largest species because history has shown the kind of impact it has on us all when we allow them to go extinct.

If it were up to me I would make everyone hunt and process their own meat because I feel all respect for the animal is lost in the supermarket. IMHO

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by daryllyn

And what exactly is the difference between slaughtering a cow, pig or a horse??
And btw here in europe we already have had horse meat for ages.

I have only tasted the sausage kind to have on bread and it was quite tasty.

What exactly is the moral issue here other than it being a new thing to you americans??
A horse before it is slaughtered usually have a much better life than those poor pigs, but yet that is okay even though pigs have been found to be highly intelligent.
edit on 30-11-2011 by juleol because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

i love cows and pigs and its perfectly fine to slaughter and eat them, i don't see how a horse is any different. is it because its prettier or more majestic? hah, eating any animal is no different than eating any other animal, it all comes down to the way they look... and taste i suppose for some.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
ahhh, ahhhhmmmm, aaaaaam ill stick to venison

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by xxblackoctoberxx

[color=mediumorchid]
I guess for me, it's just personal preference. Just as I would prefer not to eat a dog or a cat, I would rather not eat a horse.

I don't necessarily think it's more 'wrong' to slaughter one than it is to slaughter any other animal, I just really like horses

edit on 30-11-2011 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   

You can eat kangaroo???

There is a restaurant in Berlin which serves kangaroo steaks and burgers. I want to go there sometime and give it a try. In there supermarkets here in Germany, they sell ostrich. That is good.

As for your question, yeah I think I would eat horse, even if only to try it. I've heard that it's not that bad. I have also heard that in America back in the 70s they sold horse meat. I forget why they put the breaks on the sale of it though.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by octotom

[color=dodgerblue]I have actually tried ostrich as well. My grandma used to get it when I was a kid. I remember liking it...

I am still on the fence on the horse meat, though. I would maybe try it.... but that's a big maybe.

edit on 3-12-2011 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join